The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why now, why 40 bucks, why world adventures!

Obviously,I only have like 2 bucks. Its pathetic. But I don't know if I would really buy it anyway. After spending over 100 dollars on Sims 2 and its expansion packs, I'm broke. I like Sims and was hoping they wouldn't come out with 4050505035 different expansions and stuff packs like the Sims 2. Anybody else doubting the new expansion? What do you think about it?

Comments

• Options
    warnergirlswarnergirls Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    B
    U
    M
    P
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, I'm not too excited about it...
  • Options
    myfirstsimsgamemyfirstsimsgame Posts: 2,479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I wish it was cheaper. Forty dollars may not seen as much but after buying a lot of expansions and stuff from the store, it is (I don't have any expansions but I consider those who have spend their money on it). I wish it was 20 dollars even if it is without the 10 free simpoints. On the other hand, I like the World Adventure idea.
  • Options
    moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wish it were going to be cheaper as well. But.. when you consider the time and effort put into it it is actually cost affective. $40 is what 4 movies? That's 8 hours of enjoyment? I know for one.. we all play sims more then 8 hours. Heck I did that on the first day it came out alone..

So.. when you put it in that perspective. Besides... that $40 is a bit of an investment. When the movies over it's over. But.. with the money EA makes .. some of it.. goes to making our sim worlds a happier....
  • Options
    don151516don151516 Posts: 761 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think the prices are a little ridiculous... idk are EPs gonna be 40 dollars too?? sims 2 seemed better than sims 3 in many ways and it was cheaper i think...
  • Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ya 40. is high but what can you do. they are not going to change the prices. I'm happy about the new ep. I'm glad they are doing something differnt the a repeat of the past eps. But thats my opinion. Ya the sims 2 ep were cheaper but times change. all game prices are going up not just for the pc.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    moonbeam wrote:
    I wish it were going to be cheaper as well. But.. when you consider the time and effort put into it it is actually cost affective. $40 is what 4 movies? That's 8 hours of enjoyment? I know for one.. we all play sims more then 8 hours. Heck I did that on the first day it came out alone..

So.. when you put it in that perspective. Besides... that $40 is a bit of an investment. When the movies over it's over. But.. with the money EA makes .. some of it.. goes to making our sim worlds a happier....
    True but if you order the game online they add the shipping and handling and if you buy it on the store they add the taxes and then at the end the 40 dollars game is like 50 or 60 dollars. With 60 dollars you can buy a lot of things. In addition, if you are a teen it is hard to convince your parents to buy it (at least it is for me) :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SIMIAN6SIMIAN6 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2009
    40 bucks is alot to spend on something my computer might not be ready for.
  • Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how can you be sure it's only 1 EP? Don't you think it maybe be 2 Ep's in one? Or maybe 2 eps and 1 sp? do we really know at this point? Look at all that was released in the base game....
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    how can you be sure it's only 1 EP? Don't you think it maybe be 2 Ep's in one? Or maybe 2 eps and 1 sp? do we really know at this point? Look at all that was released in the base game....
    If they do, then I would buy it because then it would be a good value. I wish they would add some weather or horoscope signs like in the Sims 2. And there would be new traits like doesn't believe in the horoscope at all and does everything the horoscope says. If they do the horoscope I wish the sim's personality was not completly based on it like in the sims 2. For example, I'm a Leo and I'm supossed to be outgoing but I'm shy.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited August 2009
    At first I was wondering what you were talking about until I checked on GameStop and saw the $40 price tag.

That's the price of an entire stand alone game!!!
    Obviously those 1000 Simpoints aren't free after all.

This better be one heck of an expansion pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. And I think it might be releasing with more then just 3 places. I was just reading another summarization and it made it sound like there was more then just those 3 but that they don't wanna release it yet here's the link let me know what you think

http://www.gameguru.in/simulations/2009/04/the-sims-3-world-adventures-to-ship-in-november-ea/

You did see where it said many more right? And if that's the case think about it each location is where we can live permanently if we choose too. Plus we still don't know all the features yet cause they are still working on it and it just might contain more then 1 ep in it. More details will probably come out later this month and into next month.

And in reality it is sadly true everything is getting more expensive. I live in New York and they have raised the minimum wage every year for the last 3 years. Right now it's at 7.25 an hour. And I bet come next year it'll go up again. I know my X-box 360 games seem to be staying at $50 a game for longer. I was waiting for Halo 3 to go down but then my brother in law gave his to my husband so now I don't have to buy it. lol.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

What the heck? Now the EP is too expensive? You guys are the most annoying thing ever to happen the sims-franchise.

Please.
    Be happy for once.
  • Options
    Tnttoni2Tnttoni2 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't mind buying the ep for 40 if they would include more items in them instead of making the sp. I have purchased them in the past but it seems that the price is going up compared to what we are receiving. :cry:
  • Options
    FeldynnFeldynn Posts: 331 Member
    edited August 2009
    The last couple of Sims 2 expansions I have (Freetime and Apartment Life) were $29.99 (USD) when I got them, which was shortly after release. You could argue that, since the Sims 3 is a "next generation" game that the price is increased to $39.99 (USD) to go along with inflation and new technology and so on.. my jaded cynical pessimistic side is telling me that the extra $10 increase is infact to pay for the "free" Sim Points.

We will see when it's released or we know more information if it's a good or bad "Value for money" purchase, though given the way they're trying to force the Sim Store on us I have a sinking feeling it'll be at the most the same amount of new content / features as a Sims 2 ($29.99) expansion would be and with a fairly good chance of it actually being less overall content / features with a bunch of EP specific items suddenly available in The Store on release day.
  • Options
    cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am getting the ep when it comes out, I think its a great idea and I cant waite for it. I think people need to stop whinning about it since

1. Its not even out yet
    2. Don't buy it no one making you
    3. All game prices gone up so get use to it
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    $40? Wowwww...

Although, to be honest, I'd rather waste $40 on what looks like a really cool expansion pack than on the Sims store.
  • Options
    Snooper6127Snooper6127 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The Sims Store is the real rip-off. $40 is expensive, but I tend to look at it like the earlier poster who compared the price per hour spent playing. In the long run, you're getting a pretty good deal. However, having to pay extra for created content is what galls me. I'd rather get stuff from a fellow player/creator than hand more cash over to EA. I'll use my "free" points, but beyond that I don't think EA will get any more money out of to buy Sim points.
  • Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited August 2009
    agreed Snooper thats why the only things I bought from the store were "free" (that's debatable) with that card included in the game. I would much rather see the exchange.
  • Options
    EAUK_AnthonyEAUK_Anthony Posts: 86 New Member
    edited August 2009
    In England, The Sims 2's expansion packs were £19.99. Rumours that it will be £39.99 in England now.

If this is the case, it has to be really good for me to buy it that price as that is a massive price jump, I'd say.
  • Options
    Fred_WeatherbyFred_Weatherby Posts: 74 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think as long as it comes with more stuff (unlike ts3 itself) i will like it
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited August 2009
    In England, The Sims 2's expansion packs were £19.99. Rumours that it will be £39.99 in England now.

If this is the case, it has to be really good for me to buy it that price as that is a massive price jump, I'd say.

If it's going to be 40 pounds you might as well buy it from the US. I mean $40usd is supposed to translate less in pounds a 1 and some change per dollar. That or get it from another store. Idk that's just weird. Maybe they'll adjust it to reflect the price a little later.
  • Options
    BlondeGoddess20BlondeGoddess20 Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2009
    I wanna find out more about it before I consider preordering. I'll get it but I may just direct download it, so I'll save as far as shipping and handling.
  • Options
    haveanabananahaveanabanana Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    think about it. the expansion is coming out just before xmas so all us simmers will be going i want that for xmas i know i have told my fiance that i want it already
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, prices have gone up on just about everything these days... what else did you expect? Interestingly enough, the price of the TS3 base game did NOT go up from the TS2 base game was released (unless you count the CE). Funny you never hear anything about that, only whining that the game is so costly.

Seriously, if you can't scrounge up 40 dollars between now and November 16, you have other things you should be worrying about.