Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paris with no rain? Egypt with no sunburn ?

Okay Im not relly a sims complainer but I just thought about something... how in the world can we have Paris without any rain. I have never been there but isn't that one of the great things about it?
That kind of cloudy, sunny, rainy weather ?
And of course for Egypt we need some hot sweaty temperatures
come on EA team please.
How in the world can they do these locations without weather ?

I am going to have to believe that there is an element of seasons mixed up in this new EP. They did say that it was going to be The most "Robust Sims EP yet" maybe they will be smart enough to add seasons in it...
Please be smart enough to know we need seasons in this game :!:

Bump me if you agree

Comments

• Options
    angel4031angel4031 Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2009
    bump I LOVE TS3 but I do really miss seasons please EA give me weather!!!! x
  • Options
    KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe there will be. Who knows?
  • Options
    simdosimdo Posts: 393 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Keylimepie wrote:
    Maybe there will be. Who knows?
    They may do a weather related EP like they did in Two. So just be patient, and we'll what happens :!: :D
  • Options
    benbobbenbob Posts: 152 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i also hope therell be seasons and im sure itll come

everytime ive been to france its always been sunny, then again i normally go to the south, if you want rain come to good ol England
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    They could add sunburns even without a seasons/weather related ep. =S
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    xfunkychick93xxfunkychick93x Posts: 550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    benbob wrote:
    i also hope therell be seasons and im sure itll come

everytime ive been to france its always been sunny, then again i normally go to the south, if you want rain come to good ol England

Here in England it is very rainy. Even the North of France is sunnier! It's always been decent weather when I've crossed the channel too...

But yes, we do need lots of heat and sun in Egypt. I've been there, its hot, hot, hot!
  • Options
    gmkirdygmkirdy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    tbf even if they do make one it will probley next year and i cannot wait that long , its now or never :evil:
  • Options
    Vegurl88Vegurl88 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would love to have some weather in TS3! But realistically, if you don't have a fast computer the weather effects are another layer of constant rendering, textures, shadows, etc. As it is, if your sim stands next to a pool they get furry on the edges...

So maybe give the team a bit more time and perhaps we might see at least a temp. gauge so sims can get burnt (and what happened to getting the flu/colds?)
  • Options
    iMmaEFFINdinoXDiMmaEFFINdinoXD Posts: 236 New Member
    edited August 2009
    bumpidy bump, baby! :D
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,924 Member
    edited August 2009
    When I first heard about it being a vacation pack I hoped maybe they'd through in weather because it does fit the theme. I also hoped they'd add a way to go to a night club or a restaurant. Of all the eps this was the one I wanted least.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, I would love to have hot weather in Egypt and well any type of weather in the sims3 would be great. You can moodlets to tell your sims, that you're hot, like the temperature gauge :) that they had in sims2, to put that in the sims3, would tell if your sims is boiling hot in egypt, or when you're in france-freezing cold and wet from rain, though I've never been to either countries, so I haven't experienced the weather, so I don't know, but it'll be fantastic to have WEATHER!:)
  • Options
    Slit518Slit518 Posts: 643 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It's an inconvenient truth.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well I am betting some sort or part of seasons will be in it. But I can wait, if thats a necessity. I am just looking forward to what a sim might be able to do in this expansion, rather than ripping it apart.
  • Options
    StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited August 2009
    Someone posted in the general section about seasons and Sims 3. I for one wanted seasons but then I read that and it did make sense. He said that seasons required a little bit different requirements then most of the other EP's in Sims2 so he said what happens when we want it in Sims 3. Would EA have to raise the requirements and if that was so what happens to those people who are barely at the level to play Sims 3 without lag and issues? I for one as ok with my computer but it does make you think.
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • Options
    Slit518Slit518 Posts: 643 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Someone posted in the general section about seasons and Sims 3. I for one wanted seasons but then I read that and it did make sense. He said that seasons required a little bit different requirements then most of the other EP's in Sims2 so he said what happens when we want it in Sims 3. Would EA have to raise the requirements and if that was so what happens to those people who are barely at the level to play Sims 3 without lag and issues? I for one as ok with my computer but it does make you think.

I was the one who made the post. Thanks for pointing it out. You can find the post here if you are interested in reading it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/83323.page
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited August 2009
    that makes sense. I'm still getting a desktop or really having my husband build one but my laptop should be fine either way.

what is left to put into seasons besides weather? weather by itself i'm sorry is not worth it but i hope they put it with something even though i see slit518 point
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2009
    yes I agree. World Adventures will be a cool expansion pack I think but it definitly needs weather. I mean Egypt needs hot weather and sunburn and France need rain. It will be cool if we had weather in the game anyway but if they give us an expansion pack about weather it would be quite boring so they should put it with something else like World Adventures :lol: I think they might add weather to World Adventures because Egypt whiwout sunburn is kind of pointless... Anyway we have to wait till they give us more information about the expansion pack. But they should add weather to World Adventures! Really!
  • Options
    babygizzybabygizzy Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Not only do I miss the weather. I mostly miss my PETS. We really need pets and Downtown. I miss my restaurants and Dance Clubs. I must say Sims 2 is a lot more fun then Sims 3. :roll:
  • Options
    LostGuyLostGuy Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think there will be some weather related moodlets. I'm not sure there will ever be weather in sunset valley. Somehow I imagen like LA distuirbingly nice all the time. :shock:
  • Options
    yournewruleryournewruler Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think there will be some weather related moodlets. I'm not sure there will ever be weather in sunset valley. Somehow I imagen like LA distuirbingly nice all the time.
    Yeah like the 'I'm sweating like a pig' and 'I think it's raining' and 'Brrrrrrr...' I <3 Moodlets.
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I also miss my pets! If they can add seasons to WA, they should. cos as u guys said, egypt without weather is pointless
  • Options
    tarubi15tarubi15 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I miss weather in the game too. It makes more realistic since it´s a life simulator.
    But I don't believe TS3 will have a Seasons EP like TS2 because many features that came with it like gardening, fishing and recipe system (cuisine) we already got in the TS3 base game. It should come in a future EP but as a secondary feature for gameplay.
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't say Paris is rainy. In fact, when I went there I got a really bad sunburn... then again it was Summer :P
  • Options
    Snooper6127Snooper6127 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't say Paris is rainy. In fact, when I went there I got a really bad sunburn... then again it was Summer :P

When I was there, it was cloudy and humid. :) I lived in southern Spain at the time, which was sunny and HOT so it was a nice change, although the humidity killed. All the same, I'm not too worried about there being weather in this expansion. If you need to wrap your head around it, think of it this way. Most vacations happen in the summer when the weather is pleasant anyway. It's definitely going to be bright and sunny in Egypt, so they don't need to adjust anything there and from what everyone here has said, when they've been to Paris, it's been fairly sunny and warm (except me, but that may have been a fluke).

I will now go and read the post about the reason weather would be difficult to do. Thanks for posting the link, by the way.
  • Options
    FUNKIFUNKI Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    oh no! I really, really hope there are seasons. It would seem way too unrealistic without it.