Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your style for your sims?

To be honest, I get my sims the highest and most expensive material things. I have a very wealthy style for my sims, and rarely dwelve into modern or "hip". I mainly stay within those lines! :D How about you? :wink:

Comments

• Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Most of my sims are retrosexual; 60s retro, nothing made out of wood, everything IKEAesque, tons of digusting puke dark colours, etc.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited July 2009
    I tend to go very traditional, because I build alot of traditional and Victorian style homes so most of the simmies that live there seem to be along the same lines. Classic style, colors, nothing too funky.......sad...but true.
  • Options
    WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, Aarin that is ikea for you. :wink:

And as for ruthless, pretty much the same.
  • Options
    Pastalover587Pastalover587 Posts: 978 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, house stlye would be kinda not traditional but not super modern, just kinda in the middle. Like a early 2000's house in a sub-division kinda. If you know what i meen. I also like modern but only in certain rooms. And for the sims clothing style, it would be Scene and sometiems casual.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2009
    My sims style's a little boring. I tend to lean towards the craftsman or traditional furnishings. Nothing too posh or gaudy.
  • Options
    jpdrpepgirljpdrpepgirl Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2009
    I tend to lean towards a country style. But everyone gets an upgrade on the bed. I want them to get well rested.
  • Options
    jeanomicsjeanomics Posts: 203 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Depends on the personality of the Sim I'm designing the house for. I'm making one for three rock stars now and it's so rich and awesome. Finished one for a modern nature-loving family (it's available for download too :lol: ) which I love but is very different. It has a ton of wood and glass but a funky purple and yellow kitchen which is my favorite. :-)
  • Options
    ClaudiaVanTrampClaudiaVanTramp Posts: 506 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like a "fresh" look -- pale wood flooring and neutral colours like sage or lavender for the walls. I also like to do "theme" houses that are fully coordinated, inside and out (as seen in my legacies.)
  • Options
    iFreakdomiFreakdom Posts: 1,208 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Blue blood. Filthy, filthy rich, antique houses that take me at least five 'motherlodes' to furnish as a whole. The best materials, everything like that.
  • Options
    ScarlettScarlett Posts: 796 Member
    edited July 2009
    Very modern.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2009
    I tend to forget to get new stuff unless they actually have a Wish for it.... My poor poor Sims. :mrgreen:

The only time I buy new stuff is if I'm rebuilding their home. :wink:
  • Options
    Twigglet13Twigglet13 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My sims are usually dressed in either a modern/every day style or a style leaning more towards the 'rock' or 'punkish' style cause that's a style I wear and like too!

The furniture will be pretty basic, not too expensive and usually the colour of whatever the sim's favourite colour is. I don't like things too matchy though so I can't have a room with everything exactly the same colour.
  • Options
    transcendentaltreetranscendentaltree Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2009
    I tend to go fairly traditional, using earth tones and pastels for the color scheme. I'm not a big fan of repetative patterns, so I either go for the most organic looking patterns I can find, or I go with something that has more of a texture than a pattern.
  • Options
    SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited July 2009
    One word: Amazing/. :thumbup: :XD: 8)
  • Options
    A4L100A4L100 Posts: 3,520 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Unique & easily matched. Can't have two people with the same thing. :wink:
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    my sims vary. some going the posh richy thing, others the poor downtroden. Of corse there are the inbetweens. They seem to never lack in things though.. hum maybe i am to kind to my sims. :)
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Depends on what sim I am playing.
  • Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I buy them what they can afford but I like high quality beds so they can get a good night sleep. I also like to buy nice fridges and stoves so they don't eat icky food. I buy nice tv's because it fills their fun moodlet faster and I cant stand waiting a long time.
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Modern for the housing. And... Well, for the customization for the sims, it's just however I feel at the moment. I guess the sims that I have created show what I like. Go check it out if you like. :)
  • Options
    creativegal16creativegal16 Posts: 503 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love the Victorian Era, so same for my simmies. BUT i also like modern clothing, frilly dresses, sequins etc.

For the house...still have to come up with something close to my dreams
  • Options
    MsCocoa30MsCocoa30 Posts: 388 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I rather kinda like the hoochie mama look on my female sims. I think I like that style on them because I could never be bold enough to wear some of that stuff irl. :oops:
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    My Sims never live poorly or rundownish. I can't stand that, and it's no fun to play. I like either mid to high class traditional or contemporary style, but nothing ultra modern or spacey. I prefer medium to medium large size, and I never build mansions. Too much wasted space.

I try to get my Sims the best furniture, but not all the pieces have to be the most expensive. It's all in how you decorate it using CASt. I lightly accesorize, and do not overdo it, otherwise the house looks too cluttered.

I like spacious homes, but not wasted space. Nor do I like boxy added-on-later rooms, or twisty turny hallways that lead everywhere. Every room must have a practical purpose and the floor plan must flow well, with an open look. Vaulted ceilings are a nice touch. I use both pastels and dark colors. With dark colors, I usually use floor to ceiling windows so the room doesn't look like a dark cave.

I follow the standard throughout the whole house: main color, contrast color, and one (or two) accent colors. No weird purple and orangey poka-dot houses for me. (Although my nephew has an old car that color that he still drives!) :D
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm all over the place since I build in many different styles and I play test the homes I build. My sims get whatever I'm testing and the style that goes with it.

It's pretty limited at the moment though since all we have is the basegame and The Store.

So it could be something simple one week:
    Screenshot-541.jpg

Or Modern:
    Screenshot-511-1.jpg

Or Nouveau Riche:
    Screenshot-864.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ridiculouly average. i have not the patience to decorate every room to my liking.

Clothing is another story. I like to have some sims who are fashion-forward, retro, preppy, sloppy, or just plain sexy.
  • Options
    MontaarMontaar Posts: 70 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like to build small houses. I like to imagine what my first house will be like when I'm done university. Just some cute little post-war house, with modern furniture!