Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Week 10--The Sloppy Bachelor--Anjubee's First Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm very excited about this one and will probably get to work on it right away. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    cleodelcleodel Posts: 66 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:
    Sounds great! I look forward to seeing the entries but I won't be entering due to the download requirement. I don't do downloads :(

I look foward to commenting on everything right from the beginning though LOL For once.

Me too :cry: I'm forbidden to download anything (Except for one lot because I begged her as well as that $10 card for the sim store I got with the game). Sims 3 is on my sister's computer because mine rejected the game. So, she has very clearly stated that I am not allowed to download cc or any expansions (unless one of them is the "coolest, most awesome expansion pack ever"). :?

I go around and give recommendations so that I feel more apart of the building community.
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited August 2009
    lol this is awesome Anju. I feel really bad for himmy hes not so bad! I will try my best to give him the lot to catch a lady. You have done really well at the challenge and I love the side challenges awesome :) It also reminded me of this vid. <3 geeks

• Options
    SimsLovingBabeSimsLovingBabe Posts: 230 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Anjubee, the challenge looks great! I'll be joining in if I have time which I really hope I will.
    Benny, that video cracked me up. Thanks for putting a smile on my face =D and please go back to the Week 7 BNS judging as I wrote to you.
    ~SimsLovingBabe~
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah I saw cheers hun I saw, I have the over- emo trait ;) no worries
  • Options
    KirsalynneKirsalynne Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oooh this challenge sounds sooooo fun! Anju -- I think your storytelling is fantastic, and this challenge is creative! Weeeeee, I can't wait to start! Thank you!!!!

Edited: Because I can be a bit slow -- I answered my own question when I read back through this thread. Durrr - nothing to see here folks, move along! :oops:
  • Options
    TerentiaTerentia Posts: 353 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bennjoon: I was shocked and in awe (and laughing) when I saw that video. Nice. :lol:
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited August 2009
    This is a bit of an odd one. I've almost finished building and furnishing the house and the lot value, furnished, is 55k! How can that be when he only had 43k?? I promise I haven't used any money cheats at all. Can anybody enlighten me? Please? :?:
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There was items in there already when he started with 43k! hehe

edit: nvm i need to learn to read
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited August 2009
    Bennjoon wrote:

edit: so are we allowed to remove all the building work? or do we have to build on what is there?

Of course! Forgot about the computers and stuff..... Sorry, it's 2am over here :lol:
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    happyone2009happyone2009 Posts: 3,350 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bennjoon wrote:

edit: so are we allowed to remove all the building work? or do we have to build on what is there?

I was wondering the same thing because I deleted all the walls and everything that was there (I kept all the stuff from buy mode) but now he has more money :(
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009
    You guys can change any walls and foundations you like. Yes, deleting the walls will give you more money, but shouldn't be too much as he didn't have too many walls in the first place. The goal I had in mind was to have the final cost of the house be around the 55k range, so you guys are fine.
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2009
    Just wondering if Addict is going to update the first post of the sticky with the link to this thread and alter the title so we all know where to find it? Otherwise with 8 stickies (now there are only 7 none stickies on the front page!) on the board we might have trouble finding this thread.

Your all doing such a fantastic job :)
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, was gonna poke her about that once I catch her on xfire. Hope she logs in soon!
  • Options
    ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2009
    Anjubee you MUST have met a certian member of my family, if only this poor sap was a multi millionair you'd def be talking about him lol. As soon as I started reading this I thought of him. He's desprate to meet girls but he wont bathe to save his life lol. I think this is a great challenge and I'm so in I'm gonna do all the little side bits aswell.
  • Options
    KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yay, I found the challenge. Looks like fun. I like the mini challenges as well.
  • Options
    GuillermoReymundoGuillermoReymundo Posts: 90 New Member
    edited August 2009
    awesome!
    this will be my first competion ever!
    I'm exicited!
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2009
    its amazing how much you miss when you are sleeping. i think this is very creative Anjubee and addict i agree you have made the right choice.

i can't wait to start this but i have classes today and some shopping to do so might be later or tomorrow.

a quick question on devaluing: does it work with a sim present? i have never actually built a house with a sim present to a budget. i tend to go over the top and use the motherlode cheat :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jayemmpeejayemmpee Posts: 85 New Member
    edited August 2009
    For the special bonus challenge, can I create a Sim for Jimmy to date? I'd place her on her own lot and then court her via typical dating methods; I'm just sick of the townies and would like to custom build a girlfriend for him.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jmp: Sure! Feel free to create the perfect wife for him if you guys want to.

peacemaker: Don't worry too much about devaluing. Just no over the top and no motherlode! lol
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited August 2009
    This made me giggle so. He reminds me of someone I know so much lol. Great job on the story. I will have to try this one for sure.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2009
    oh i forgot to ask earlier. its about one of the bonus challenges. to give him a makeover we could only change his clothes. so we can't change his hairstyle or beard? i just want to clarify for myself.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You can use the dresser and the mirror to make him over, so the mirror will allow you to change hair and beard!
  • Options
    KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2009
    Fun challenge Anjubee! Thanks so much! :) I'm already sketching out floor plans and harrassing my husband about bachelor pad ideas. :P
  • Options
    SlythSlyth Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow Anju, great challenge, quite creative and i like the side challenges, i think i'm gunna leave comments for the beginner group again, if that's alright with you

Slyth :D