Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Page Thread. Updated 6/12! Hidden posts purge made [Read first page before asking =)]

Comments

• Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    Me again...you must be getting fed up with me....but my studio is gone from my page.

If I click more I can see all my studio but on MyPage it shows that my studio is empty......not that my stuff is worth looking at lol, but I like to see it

Let me assign this to an engineer to check your studio.
    Thanks

Its now back up and accessabile, I dont know if it was looked at or it was just one of those things. Thank you anyway. Just one more quick question but this is more about simorting. I had all 90 stamps and had unlocked all the stuff. I havent simported for a few weeks as been quite busy. A couple of days ago I went to simport and noticed that 7 badges had been reset. 5 of them were for the hosting venues and they were ALL for the magician and all the middle range for that venue. The other 2 mising badges were for sending magician. I have redone some of the badges now again, but I just thought it was strange how ALL the missing stamps were for the Magician.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2012

Stage props mod to unlock in this thread below if you use them :wink:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/535721.page#8429956
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    frankiedoodle08frankiedoodle08 Posts: 192
    edited May 2012
    im uploading things via the launcher, but there not showing in my studio

its been going on for over a week now , still noone has any answers
    can you help
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited May 2012
    Me again...you must be getting fed up with me....but my studio is gone from my page.

If I click more I can see all my studio but on MyPage it shows that my studio is empty......not that my stuff is worth looking at lol, but I like to see it

Let me assign this to an engineer to check your studio.
    Thanks

Its now back up and accessabile, I dont know if it was looked at or it was just one of those things. Thank you anyway. Just one more quick question but this is more about simorting. I had all 90 stamps and had unlocked all the stuff. I havent simported for a few weeks as been quite busy. A couple of days ago I went to simport and noticed that 7 badges had been reset. 5 of them were for the hosting venues and they were ALL for the magician and all the middle range for that venue. The other 2 mising badges were for sending magician. I have redone some of the badges now again, but I just thought it was strange how ALL the missing stamps were for the Magician.

pardon the question, you didn't change households (play with a new one) or reinstall the game right?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    im uploading things via the launcher, but there not showing in my studio

its been going on for over a week now , still noone has any answers
    can you help

Let me have an engineer check on your user.
    Thanks
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    I dindt reinstall the game... but I did switch households. I thought that if you switched households when you had completed everything it would not affect the game. All ny other badges for stuff did not reset only the Magician stamps
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't have a problem. (Yay!) I just stopped in to thank you and the Team for the changes to our My Pages. LOVE THEM! Hugs and kisses all around. :mrgreen:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I dindt reinstall the game... but I did switch households. I thought that if you switched households when you had completed everything it would not affect the game. All ny other badges for stuff did not reset only the Magician stamps

LEt me check with the game team on this one, ETA on an answer unknown.
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have a duplicate friend request, the request is from didiruvalcaba and I have accepted one of the requests, but when I click on the other request, it now comes up with the options remove/block etc because I have accepted the friend request
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    DusklightFaerieDusklightFaerie Posts: 847 New Member
    edited May 2012
    ELIROC wrote:
    Hi

A few things still not clear (or not working) in My Page:

1- This message of SimGuruWeb on top. I cannot take it away. In the instructions here is written there's a X to click. This X is available everywhere but there. It really disturbs a bit.

This is part of the design, since it is a place that is reserved to announcements or news from SimguruWeb. It got suggested to see if the team can either let people remove it or let people "hide" that post area.

This is from about page 50. I'm not sure if it's already been decided if the option to remove the News is viable or not but regardless, I'd still like to see this one pushed. (Or reopened to discussion.) Or at least an option to pick with guru you get your news from. I can see how some info the web guru posts might be relevant for new users but it would be nice to be able to remove it once it's no longer needed.
    Thanks for your time
  • Options
    _SinMiedo__SinMiedo_ Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited May 2012
    _SinMiedo_ wrote:
    I hate the clutter of the new page. I routinely hide ALL posts I'm not interested in, or that are inactive for a while to make my page uncluttered and easier for me to use. I have unfriended people for not deleting their simport posts that I can't delete. Now friends tell me they can't view my page. I had one today tell me it is blank. And it takes forever to load. Why isn't there an option to purge or delete permanently without having to make a special request to EA to have it purged? Or, at least an "expiration date"? ***** Edited to add: The filters also don't work in the game to hide simport posts, so even if I filter them out on mypage I still get all the spam while playing my game. And I can't hide posts from other people while in the game - another big downside, in my opinion. I'm reluctant to add new friends, because it gives me all their old posts clear back to when this mess began.

Heya,

Let me check as to why in game the filter options are not transferring over. Since you have hidden a lot of posts (must check how many) that is why the page doesn't load very well.

Hiding posts from in game is not something that my team would handle, but I can make that suggestion to the game team since they handle in game features.

About the purging solution, it is temporary until we can implement the real fix, I agree it is not ideal, but I have to do this until we can push a permanent fix.

Today I keep getting a blank page, and the studio and wishlist disappear along with that. So, this is continually getting worse. The only thing I like about the new page is that we get notifications about when our friends upload. Other than that, I think it's a disaster, and definitely NOT USER FRIENDLY. It's no longer MyPage, its OurPage. :-(

EDIT- Oops... I suppose the wishlist SHOULD be disappeared, because I didn't have one. It's the Friends List that vanishes. Says zero friends. Guess I shoulda had another cup of coffee before I posted. *grin* :oops:

EDIT- When I get the blank page, my status update appears at the top as my latest post. But, if I click "view", I get a pop-up saying "Error in retrieving post".
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    twooldtoplaythistwooldtoplaythis Posts: 1,061 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Please exscuse this post I deleted my last post on this one.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2012
    Sorry for re-asking
    but did you ever find out why it is that we can't use the unlocked items with out being online? It isn't what we where promised.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited May 2012
    what a nice surprise tonight i went into decor for my sim house and it was nice to see that i didnt have to searching all the over the place for the decor i was looking for i.e. store gift side table was in with the side table icon childrens toys store bought and gift used to be in misalanious decor and is now in toys the sharper sim bed was actually in the beds please pass on my thanks to whomever came up wit the idea and to whomever sorted the items to actually go where they belong (hopes it stays that way )and thank you too simgururusskii at least you try to answer questions and get issues resovled
  • Options
    DarxianaDarxiana Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2012
    My 'my page' and my studio has been functioning steady now for the longest i can remember. Thank you ruskkii and to your engineer aswell, now i only hope your engineer has solved it permanently hihi

*makes a happy dance*
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited May 2012
    This is more a suggestion than a problem: I would really like it if we could somehow
    turn off the "add as a friend" option on our pages o_O
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ELIROC wrote:
    Hi

A few things still not clear (or not working) in My Page:

1- This message of SimGuruWeb on top. I cannot take it away. In the instructions here is written there's a X to click. This X is available everywhere but there. It really disturbs a bit.

This is part of the design, since it is a place that is reserved to announcements or news from SimguruWeb. It got suggested to see if the team can either let people remove it or let people "hide" that post area.

This is from about page 50. I'm not sure if it's already been decided if the option to remove the News is viable or not but regardless, I'd still like to see this one pushed. (Or reopened to discussion.) Or at least an option to pick with guru you get your news from. I can see how some info the web guru posts might be relevant for new users but it would be nice to be able to remove it once it's no longer needed.
    Thanks for your time

We are working on a possible solution to this, but not sure as to when we are going to implement. For now Web's message will stay there as we are working on other items now.

But yes, this is still part of our suggestions to look into working on.

thanks!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Sorry for re-asking
    but did you ever find out why it is that we can't use the unlocked items with out being online? It isn't what we where promised.

No worries, I'm still waiting on this one.

Just to be sure in case they ask, you are using the same household you unlocked the items with offline/online right?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Darxiana wrote:
    My 'my page' and my studio has been functioning steady now for the longest i can remember. Thank you ruskkii and to your engineer aswell, now i only hope your engineer has solved it permanently hihi

*makes a happy dance*

Good to know! will let him know for sure =)
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Sorry for re-asking

Just to be sure in case they ask, you are using the same household you unlocked the items with offline/online right?

No it was an other nabohood... later tested in the same nabohood as I ported in, same problem.

Any way the promis was that after unlocking the items they where unlocked in the game every where, not just for that family. In some way they are I just need to be online, and the promise was that we didn't need to be online to use the items as they where on the disk, just needed unlocking.

I was working on comunity lots (in both hoods) and the problem was in both, no aces to the unlocked items unless online.

Kind of makes the simporting pointless, as my game dosn't want to be online when I build/is in edit town mod.... and I need to be online to use the buy items... :?

did you get the point? I hope I was clear.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have a couple of things for FrogPrince. So if you know him please tell him to come over and see this:

I spoke to my engineers, this are our options:

1. You try to log in with your xxxxxxxx0@xxxxmail.com info and choose a persona other than frogprince on the page that you will see after you log in. IF you cannot do this. WE can do it for you, but we need your approval for this.

2. We can suspend your current accounts and you can create a new one, unfortunately we cannot transfer anything to your new account so that is why i have been trying to fix your current one.

These 2 options is because we CANNOT merge the 2 accounts, the EA system won't let us unfortunately.

Thanks and sorry it has taken me this long, but I was looking at all possible angles.

Thanks again.

-Russkii

• Options
    edited May 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    Sorry for re-asking

No it was an other nabohood... later tested in the same nabohood as I ported in, same problem.

Any way the promis was that after unlocking the items they where unlocked in the game every where, not just for that family. In some way they are I just need to be online, and the promise was that we didn't need to be online to use the items as they where on the disk, just needed unlocking.

I was working on comunity lots (in both hoods) and the problem was in both, no aces to the unlocked items unless online.

Kind of makes the simporting pointless, as my game dosn't want to be online when I build/is in edit town mod.... and I need to be online to use the buy items... :?

Thanks I will let them know.
    =)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    Sorry for re-asking

Thanks I will let them know.
    =)

Thank you

I would like to be able to use the items, after unlocking them. I think that boils it down. it must be a sort of game patching that are needed... so the game remember with out the internet... :? I think....

• Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited May 2012
    ignore this - problem solved :lol:
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    Raemie20Raemie20 Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2012
    Having trouble uploading content to the exchange, my launcher says its uploaded but its not there when I check my studio.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top