Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Page Thread. Updated 6/12! Hidden posts purge made [Read first page before asking =)]

Comments

• Options
    deejayroomsterdeejayroomster Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    hi, so, i was playing TS3 a while ago and was using cheats, like i always do, and my sim was a vamp and had loads of mastered skills. he was inventing with the workbench when he caught on fire... will... i tasked one of my other sims with putting him out and i have a set of elevators into an undreground passage for my vamps to use during the day to get to an out building and the sims couldn't make up their minds... all in all my sim died and the grim reaper did not play chess with my other sim there for i lost my sim and had to make him again. so i made him again and re-married him to the other sim and all was well until about five mins ago. my sim's wife was fishing and i decided to go home, when i got home my sim was in a huff and said he was being cheated on by his wife who was fishing and was the one who didnt fup out the earlier 'version' of my sim. i have no idea why this has happened because my sims live a somewhat secluded lifestyle and only ever have one relationship, thet never flirt with other sims and, although they have several different generations and a family of about 30 sims in total, my sim died and i made a new one to take his place and the new sim was married to the wife of the one that died and the wife never even talked to anyone eccept the simbot that i got... could it be the simbot, because i got it from the my best friend lifetime achievement award... help i just want to continue my sims family tree... and my sim wont even flirt with his wife... need help... please
  • Options
    twilightmanic1twilightmanic1 Posts: 10
    edited May 2012
    I don't really know what forum to ask this on but can someone tell me how do you get one of your items featured, any suggestions are appreciated
    thank you
    :D
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited May 2012
    blunote00 wrote:
    Hi Blu, we checked with your account:

I have confirmed that the request has been accepted and I appear on your accepted friends, I also confirmed that if you visit my friend (and i'm in this list) you will not see any indicator on the top right. My engineer said that forever pending was probably due to a caching issue which was resolved according to our stats.

The top right being blank (if we are friends) it is as designed as stated by the team.

I can make the suggestion of making it more clear on the top right for "already friends"

Is that ok? thanks
    Yes that is fine. Although I could have sworn before that last maintenance it did state in that top right corner you were friends with someone. Rflong's images in the forever pending thread I thought actually showed that. Those screenshots no longer appear. So I will have to ask her if she still has them for clarification. But it would be nice to have it there instead of actually having to go into and sort through all those friends. Especially, if you have a lot of them. :wink: If I get more information I will provide it.

Also, glad they looked into forever pending request. But still if a request is sent and never acted upon, what happens to it? Will we ever have the ability to remove the request? And if it's been months, lots of times I can't remember who I sent the request to. Can we not have the ability to see our pending request as well? Just some thoughts. :P

Hiya,

I just got out of a meeting with the engineers. So the behavior is as follows:

1. If you have that person as a "request to add" and you click on the player card and go to their page from there, you should not see "add as a friend" on their page.

2. If you don't have it as a request to add, then you should see "add as a friend" on their page.

3. If you have accepted that person, and go to their page you should see "blank" on the top right.

I agree it is kinda confusing, I can submit a request to make it more clear on each case. I don't know when we can release this, but it is something that we can do.

thanks!

-Russkii
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Puppy-Dee1 wrote:
    My problem of the oops page has been here from the start, it's never gone away, so my messages are building up, I also have 2 gifts I can't get to :( I also have another account I made accidently, has same problems???? I also can't see my profile avatar?

I submitted this ()along with Darxiana, and Wolf's problem, they seem to be related) for review. ETA unknown.

thanks
  • Options
    ladynirrtiladynirrti Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi Russkii! My page is still taking a very long time to load and is sometimes loading blank.I have been deleting posts though.Also do you have any updates about my other posts?thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Dear http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/533083.page

The Op in this thread very simple show what we as custumors experiens about 90% (if not more often) when contacting CS

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/533083.page

this is very sad.

I thought you might have the position to forward this sadness to a higher level, so better CS could be a future when emailing/calling or chatting with CS.

The problem is 1 you know (the brokken wishlist) and yet still the "solution" offered was reinstal the game! the general feeling is that CS don't read the emails just send a standard respons, all 3 is posted in the op.

I post this to you in the wish that we could have a better experienc with CS.....

I hope you are haveing a nice weekend.

Anette

Hi Anette, thanks for forwarding this to me, I replied to the thread and I will see what I can do regarding CS.

thanks again =)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Dear http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/533083.page

The Op in this thread very simple show what we as custumors experiens about 90% (if not more often) when contacting CS

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/533083.page

this is very sad.

I thought you might have the position to forward this sadness to a higher level, so better CS could be a future when emailing/calling or chatting with CS.

The problem is 1 you know (the brokken wishlist) and yet still the "solution" offered was reinstal the game! the general feeling is that CS don't read the emails just send a standard respons, all 3 is posted in the op.

I post this to you in the wish that we could have a better experienc with CS.....

I hope you are haveing a nice weekend.

Anette

Hi Anette, thanks for forwarding this to me, I replied to the thread and I will see what I can do regarding CS.

thanks again =)

Thank you
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    DarxianaDarxiana Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2012
    Puppy-Dee1 wrote:
    My problem of the oops page has been here from the start, it's never gone away, so my messages are building up, I also have 2 gifts I can't get to :( I also have another account I made accidently, has same problems???? I also can't see my profile avatar?

I submitted this ()along with Darxiana, and Wolf's problem, they seem to be related) for review. ETA unknown.

thanks

Thank you, i think you do a great job adressing this further, but its frustrating for us as long as it persist. Im reading here regulary now to be updated.

some more feedback:
    - all our profile pics are gone in forum again
    - i went into the studio of the ones who has reported same problem as me; i can access their studios, so i guess ppl can access mine even tho we cant access our own.
  • Options
    _SinMiedo__SinMiedo_ Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited May 2012
    I hate the clutter of the new page. I routinely hide ALL posts I'm not interested in, or that are inactive for a while to make my page uncluttered and easier for me to use. I have unfriended people for not deleting their simport posts that I can't delete. Now friends tell me they can't view my page. I had one today tell me it is blank. And it takes forever to load. Why isn't there an option to purge or delete permanently without having to make a special request to EA to have it purged? Or, at least an "expiration date"? ***** Edited to add: The filters also don't work in the game to hide simport posts, so even if I filter them out on mypage I still get all the spam while playing my game. And I can't hide posts from other people while in the game - another big downside, in my opinion. I'm reluctant to add new friends, because it gives me all their old posts clear back to when this mess began.
  • Options
    twooldtoplaythistwooldtoplaythis Posts: 1,061 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Hello:)

I need your urgent attention SimGuruRusskii someone was trying to phish or hack into my accounts just an hour ago and it seems it was happening to many people too. Now I did the right thing by contacting CS about this issue who I'm hoping will take care of things (fingers crossed this time) but I thought I should let you know what is going on here so you can tell the Tec team on your end to keep an eye out too if someone is trying to access my info. My antivirus has thankfully for now denied them access but I am really, really worried if they can still hack into my personal details and more. Please can you pass on my concerns to the Tec team A.S.A.P.? Ok thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hello:)

I need your urgent attention SimGuruRusskii someone was trying to phish or hack into my accounts just an hour ago and it seems it was happening to many people too. Now I did the right thing by contacting CS about this issue who I'm hoping will take care of things (fingers crossed this time) but I thought I should let you know what is going on here so you can tell the Tec team on your end to keep an eye out too if someone is trying to access my info. My antivirus has thankfully for now denied them access but I am really, really worried if they can still hack into my personal details and more. Please can you pass on my concerns to the Tec team A.S.A.P.? Ok thank you.

Hydra just messaged me about this one, I will ask engineering what can we do.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh thank you, thank you so much :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh thank you, thank you so much :D

Also can you give me details on what this person is trying to do? and the whole process?
    thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I got a message from my antivirus telling me something about phishing access denied but I will go and see if there are some details for you now but before this all happened I blocked a person who was known for releasing personal info of other players on their page and replied on a thread outlining what the person if we disagree with them and such. I know I should not accuse people yet but it was really suspicious how that message came up after I deleted and responded.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ok I went to my antivirus and it states type: phishing USL Maliciouse USL inactive and when I go over the report the yellow information bar comes up and say's somthing about The Sims 3 store so I know it comes from here. I might have juped the gun a bit here in accusing somone? but I don't know?

Is this what you need? :oops: if so.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Reading through the replies today from page 76 (i left some stuff out sorry )

thanks for hanging in there.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Goodmorning SimGuruRusskii :-)

Without going into it to much here's whats happening to my page/wall :? :(:cry:

Slow printing the words onto my post on wall, not printing responses onto posts, drop down box gets stuck and won’t drop, cannot delete some posts, sometimes page doesn’t appear to load me wish list or studio or page itself.

These are the signs of my page and wall being temperamental and making my day’s turn into a nightmare.

Thankyou.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't really know what forum to ask this on but can someone tell me how do you get one of your items featured, any suggestions are appreciated
    thank you
    :D

You get a feature from one of the SimGurus. I would suggest that you check out the Creative Corner. You can create your own showcase thread there and you can also post links to your creations on SimGuruHydra's sticky thread happy0155.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Me again...you must be getting fed up with me....but my studio is gone from my page.

If I click more I can see all my studio but on MyPage it shows that my studio is empty......not that my stuff is worth looking at lol, but I like to see it

Let me assign this to an engineer to check your studio.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Goodmorning SimGuruRusskii :-)

I have a personal favor to ask of you. I was wondering if you are able to ask the Tec team if I can change my name from tooldtoplaythis to tootles. My user name is causing me some troubles where It's getting to the point now where people keep reminding me that; "you’re never too old to play this game!

Please can you help me with fixing my little embarrassing problem that I have created? :oops:

Ok thanks.

Hmmm I would have to check the policy on changing personas. We haven't done it since I have been on the team at least. I will let you know if it is possible for this reason.

Other than that, I think it is a cool name =).

Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hi Russkii,

My Blog and My Messages are still Page Not Found, the rest "seems" To be working alright.

THanks

We found the cause for this (same as puppy-dee's). We are fixing it at this time, eta to see it live is to be determined.

Thanks

• Options
    edited May 2012
    hi, so, i was playing TS3 a while ago and was using cheats, like i always do, and my sim was a vamp and had loads of mastered skills. he was inventing with the workbench when he caught on fire... will... i tasked one of my other sims with putting him out and i have a set of elevators into an undreground passage for my vamps to use during the day to get to an out building and the sims couldn't make up their minds... all in all my sim died and the grim reaper did not play chess with my other sim there for i lost my sim and had to make him again. so i made him again and re-married him to the other sim and all was well until about five mins ago. my sim's wife was fishing and i decided to go home, when i got home my sim was in a huff and said he was being cheated on by his wife who was fishing and was the one who didnt fup out the earlier 'version' of my sim. i have no idea why this has happened because my sims live a somewhat secluded lifestyle and only ever have one relationship, thet never flirt with other sims and, although they have several different generations and a family of about 30 sims in total, my sim died and i made a new one to take his place and the new sim was married to the wife of the one that died and the wife never even talked to anyone eccept the simbot that i got... could it be the simbot, because i got it from the my best friend lifetime achievement award... help i just want to continue my sims family tree... and my sim wont even flirt with his wife... need help... please

Hmm...maybe I can try to forward this to the game team as I have no clue as to why this is happening.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    _SinMiedo_ wrote:
    I hate the clutter of the new page. I routinely hide ALL posts I'm not interested in, or that are inactive for a while to make my page uncluttered and easier for me to use. I have unfriended people for not deleting their simport posts that I can't delete. Now friends tell me they can't view my page. I had one today tell me it is blank. And it takes forever to load. Why isn't there an option to purge or delete permanently without having to make a special request to EA to have it purged? Or, at least an "expiration date"? ***** Edited to add: The filters also don't work in the game to hide simport posts, so even if I filter them out on mypage I still get all the spam while playing my game. And I can't hide posts from other people while in the game - another big downside, in my opinion. I'm reluctant to add new friends, because it gives me all their old posts clear back to when this mess began.

Heya,

Let me check as to why in game the filter options are not transferring over. Since you have hidden a lot of posts (must check how many) that is why the page doesn't load very well.

Hiding posts from in game is not something that my team would handle, but I can make that suggestion to the game team since they handle in game features.

About the purging solution, it is temporary until we can implement the real fix, I agree it is not ideal, but I have to do this until we can push a permanent fix.

• Options
    Wolfpack-NZWolfpack-NZ Posts: 22
    edited May 2012
    Hi Russkii,

My Blog and My Messages are still Page Not Found, the rest "seems" To be working alright.

THanks

We found the cause for this (same as puppy-dee's). We are fixing it at this time, eta to see it live is to be determined.

Thanks

Thank you for the update Russkii. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Darxiana wrote:
    Puppy-Dee1 wrote:

thanks

Thank you, i think you do a great job adressing this further, but its frustrating for us as long as it persist. Im reading here regulary now to be updated.

some more feedback:
    - all our profile pics are gone in forum again
    - i went into the studio of the ones who has reported same problem as me; i can access their studios, so i guess ppl can access mine even tho we cant access our own.

My engineer took a look at your user and he says that your problem should be solved. Let me know if you still have issues.
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top