Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

£24.99 !!!!!

£24.99 for a SP not an EP.

That's around £15 more than normal.

Should be a full EP for that price. :?

Comments

• Options
    Alejandra2468Alejandra2468 Posts: 48
    edited April 2012
    My thoughts exactly. I was actually considering buying this pack until i logged on to Origin and saw the price.
    I understand that this isn't a SP or an EP but it should not cost an extra £15 just for a few more items. :?
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2012
    I guess the extra money goes to Katy Perry. She is already rich enough! That and the fact that I don't like the stuff makes me skip this SP.
    EDIT: And it doesn't contain more items. Someone counted them and it showed this SP offers 2 items less than a regular SP!
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited April 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I guess the extra money goes to Katy Perry. She is already rich enough! That and the fact that I don't like the stuff makes me skip this SP.
    EDIT: And it doesn't contain more items. Someone counted them and it showed this SP offers 2 items less than a regular SP!

You'd probably be wrong, I imagine that most (if not almost all) of the money goes to EA, they know sales of TS3 EPs & SPs are falling so they're seeing just how much they can milk out of the fans before they can't sell it any more.

It's what EA always does when a franchise is dying.
    raw
  • Options
    MeyersParrotMeyersParrot Posts: 366 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Maybe she's not that rich she still has items on her wish list. :?

Anyway I'd like to have the same bank balance. I do not blame her she was offered paid work and took it. So would I. EA are you listening I'm available got great ideas. You wouldn't need to spend as much so the SP's could be cheaper.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2012
    MeyersParrot, child, Katy Perry IS rich, believe me and the MyPage you are refering to is not really Katy Perry's but just a promo page made by EA.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm not a child and haven't been for many a year. I was getting a dig at the wish list.

Anyway I don't get offended easily so thanks for the compliment. :D
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited April 2012
    I wont be getting this ep anyway but thats a ludicrous price ea can stick where the sun dont shine.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    edited April 2012
    It just shows how greedy EA are now that they milk the store like mad and maybe thats not doing so well so they charge the price of an EP for what is basically a SP .

The scarey thing is waiting to see what the next Ep is and if they hike the price of that up by the same proportion and expect us to pay out .
    If they do it will be goodbye from me after 12 years simming
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Here are the places and prices I've found

Origin £24.99
    Amazon UK £24.99
    Play.com £24.99
    Tesco £23.97

Unlisted at
    Asda
    HMV
    Grainger Games

If anyone has found it listed anywhere else could they please post it here.

Many thanks :-)
  • Options
    carlywycherleycarlywycherley Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2012
    Zavvi - £19.95
  • Options
    jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited April 2012
    EA has lost money in a way as GAME and Gamestation will not sell thier products.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2012
    It will cost me $40.00 where I live. It's an SP, no thankyou.

I like Katy, but I don't need a lot of candy items in my Sims' game. I don't want to build a Hansel and Gretel lot, town, world. If there is a non rabbit hole ice cream parlor in this SP I would really be uspet.

Her song that is going to be in this SP should have been in the EP...EA decides how these things go and how much they deserve of the profits and/or losses so Katy had nothing to do with the price in only that she will get royalities etc. as any person that lends their name and ideas to a product should.

That's good all 'get rich' for everyone! in the USA...and still the best system in the world to raise people out of poverty!
    However, EA thinks we all must be making lots of dough in this fragile economy!

Since I haven't been impressed with any SPs for TS3 and very frugal I will be passing on this one, too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    keycat04keycat04 Posts: 115
    edited April 2012
    It's 30$ where I looked and thats the price I pay for an EP :/ Lame.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited April 2012
    keycat04 wrote:

I am taking my $30 and buying things from the store that I can use in my game.
    I have no use for cupcake chairs, banana sofas and all the candy stuff.
    Yes it's cute but for how long, The only thing I see that it can be used for is if you wanted to make a fairy tale world. I guess that could be a little neat. and when you feel like it then play that world and leave your other worlds like SSV, RV, TB, LL and etc. the way you like it and play that when you want. I guess that could be.I am trying to look at it through others who like it.
    Who am I to say it is not any good, all depends on how you play.
  • Options
    keycat04keycat04 Posts: 115
    edited April 2012
    Evalen wrote:
    keycat04 wrote:

I am taking my $30 and buying things from the store that I can use in my game.
    I have no use for cupcake chairs, banana sofas and all the candy stuff.
    Yes it's cute but for how long, The only thing I see that it can be used for is if you wanted to make a fairy tale world. I guess that could be a little neat. and when you feel like it then play that world and leave your other worlds like SSV, RV, TB, LL and etc. the way you like it and play that when you want. I guess that could be. I am trying to look at it through others who like it.
    Who am I to say it is not any good, all depends on how you play.

I know right? Defiantly a skip for me. Maybe if the price ever goes down to like 10 or 5 dollars I might get it(and it's possible probably within 6 months-gotta love bogos)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I did read that there were three venues in the sp but I would rather have a full EP for the money. If it doesn't sell very well they may discount it.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    edited April 2012
    They say 3 new venues but the swimming pool venue is almost entirely made up from what is already in game . that to me is not a new venue .
    A new venue to me is made almost completely ( well at least 75%) with new objects and items

I can look on the exchange almost daily and see better designed venues than what EA have thrown together for this . I bet it did not take the designers more than 10 minutes to design that pool . Or if it did they seriously need new lot designers
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

You'd probably be wrong, I imagine that most (if not almost all) of the money goes to EA, they know sales of TS3 EPs & SPs are falling so they're seeing just how much they can milk out of the fans before they can't sell it any more.

It's what EA always does when a franchise is dying.

By the way its 29.99 in the US, 10 dollars more then a SP usually is.

Yes, I would say the bigger chunk of that extra cost goes to Katy Perry as payment of royalties for her endorsement and using her likeness and 'inspiring content'.

The KPC Showtime Edition was also the same amount more then the non endorsed version was. Certainly that extra 10 dollars was not just for the KP sim and a couple of objects. EA was not about to cut into their normal profits to pay Katy for her endorsement so the price was upped so we could pay for it. Thankfully with the EP anyone not impressed by the endorsement could pay the normal EP price and not get her name on the box and the couple of extra downloads.

Yes, I know this SP is supposed to have more items then we ever have seen in an SP but its not 10 dollars (50% increase) in content. I expect that Katy is getting the same percent of that extra cost for the endorsement of the SP as she did for the KPC edition of the EP. The nice thing for her is that with the SP no one can opt out and buy a non endorsed edition that costs less - she will get her $$ for every copy sold, no way to get out of filling her pocketbook with the SP.

They are using the term 'venues' to make you think its like showtime venues, but since those lots have to work whether you have showtime or not, they are not 'venues' they are community lots. The dome one will give everyone even without any eps the dome, the community pool is build from base game stuff and stuff from the EP which includes things like the slip and slide that came in other games but now people without those packs will have it. The same with the third lot with a couple of LN things that now go out to everyone - at least that's what it looks like. But these are not functional ST venues but community lots
  • Options
    PansWooPansWoo Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm with the rest of you guys. I've just seen the price and for the first time ever have thought 'I'm not paying that even for a Sim game!'

To be honest I was thinking the items were a bit sickly and I wasn't sure where I would use them. The clothing is coming up with the same design but in 5 different colours - that's not new really, that's just recolouring items!

So sorry EA for the first time ever I'm not getting this pack on release. When the price falls to £4.99 as it has bombed in the store then I may think about it.

Pans
  • Options
    DulceHoneyDulceHoney Posts: 422 Member
    edited April 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    MeyersParrot, child, Katy Perry IS rich, believe me and the MyPage you are refering to is not really Katy Perry's but just a promo page made by EA.

This made me chuckle. Even though I don't know you, I feel like I could hear you saying that :lol:
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2012
    OK WOW. Seriously!? I heard it was more expensive but I didn't think it was that much more expensive for an SP that's so blatantly geared towards one demographic. What the hell EA!? I wasn't going to buy it before and I'm certainly not going to be buying it now.

Quite frankly they can take their Katy Perry endorced sickly sweet crap and shove it up their backsides. Sideways.
  • Options
    ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    edited April 2012
    There is no way on this earth that I will pay £24.99 for a stuff pack.

If I do buy it, it will be when it drastically reduces in price.

There is a recession on do EA really think that people will just go out and throw half a weeks food bill on a stuff pack, not in the U.K., not now that some families are living off less money than they were 2 weeks ago.

Katy Perry has enough money does she have to be so greedy?
  • Options
    IgongeIgonge Posts: 175 Member
    edited April 2012
    Holy garbage! Are you ******* kidding me?
    Origin ID: KeldMeld :)
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Maybe she's not that rich she still has items on her wish list. :?

I got you were being sarcastic :lol:
    Anyway I agree, the price is just ridiculous and for no new added gameplay?! I'd much rather buy a store set with premium content!

Edit: inserted smilie
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited April 2012
    1. This expansion pack is overpriced. Honestly, like all SP's they are only for one type of fans. I understand some may want this, so I have no bad comments towards it other than the price. One day when it's marked for 19.99$ or less i'll definetely buy it.

2. I do not know Katy Perry at all, but I honestly don't believe she planned the $10 increase in her content. I believe it was all EA's doing. Please do not hate a celebrity for taking up a good deal. I mean, anyone would take a certain amount of money just to have their name on something, yes she doesn't "NEED" it but money is money. That will never change. Don't tell me you wouldn't take a raise or promotion that'll put a little bit of rainy day funds in your pocket.