Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I must say... I'm not too happy about this new EP.

Am I the only one, or is anybody else not too excited about The Sims 3 World Adventures EP? It's not that I don't want there to be an EP or anything, but I definitely wasn't expecting (nor am I looking forward to) this EP. I would have enjoyed something similar to OFB or even something "old school" like Makin' Magic. But a "hunt for hidden treasures" or being able to "guide your Sims to acclaimed fortune—or potential doom"? That just doesn't sound too interesting to me. I must admit that I am pretty let down. But, hey, maybe it will be a really fun EP. I know for sure that I'm not going to be buying it right away. At least not until I get reviews on this game. :?

Comments

• Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I must say...I am.(excited about the EP)
  • Options
    livinsweet40livinsweet40 Posts: 952 New Member
    edited August 2009
    na i was waiting this long on this kind of news .. what a let down ...
  • Options
    JoannaAsia95JoannaAsia95 Posts: 1,245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Complaining Thread #23,345
  • Options
    MisskelibellyMisskelibelly Posts: 432 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree, I think that I would never take my sims out of the country.
    And OFB is my favortite!
    :-o
    But really we can't please everyone and posting these things won't change anything.
  • Options
    simgurl323simgurl323 Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2009
    That's true.
  • Options
    adnama3adnama3 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I hope we get more details soon!
  • Options
    ClaudiaVanTrampClaudiaVanTramp Posts: 506 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No, you aren't the only one that feels that way. Hence every other "Wahh why can't they make a ___ EP instead?!" thread.

I, for one, think you're all a bit quick to judge a game based on an expansion pack from TS2 and three sodding promo pictures.

I stifle a giggle every time I read something like "EA needs to stop re-making TS1 / TS2 EPs. So... when are they making seasons and pets?!" :roll:
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited August 2009
    4katsuki wrote:
    I must say...I am.(excited about the EP)

I agree. :wink::lol:

I am so buying the EP when it comes out. I don't care if it does turn out to be lame, which I highly doubt, I have all the EPs from Sims 2, I'm not treating Sims 3 any different. Uni was the lamest EP in my opinion, but I got it to own the complete set, minus 3 SPs.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree with the OP. I would much sooner have more stuff for the Sims to do there in town and around the house. More interactions, more OBJECTS, more hairstyles.

Let's have a pool table, a basketball hoop, a freaking piano.

I don't need a trip to some other location (unless of course they throw those things in as well...although they want us to BUY these things at the online store instead of in expansion packs I guess so I'm not holding my breath)

Also we need an attraction system so our sims can tell us whether they are turned on by another sim or not.
  • Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited August 2009
    i think it will be fun and you wont know until you play it :]
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm not happy either. I thought it was going be more like holidays but its sounds complicated and more like a rpg. Even the quest sound lame and it looks like there making it less open end. I think they bring backs the expansions and build on them. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll probably wait before give them 50 or 60 dollars of my money. And is it me but does it sounds like they won't be addind any itmes with the expansion packs becuz they want people to go to that stupid store!?
  • Options
    lovints2lovints2 Posts: 3,738 New Member
    edited August 2009
    adnama3 wrote:
    I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I hope we get more details soon!
    I feel the same way you do :D
  • Options
    happyblueanthappyblueant Posts: 348 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm happy because I get to go China in sim world and in the real world x] (a month later if it's in November.)

When is it going to be released?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I agree with the OP. I would much sooner have more stuff for the Sims to do there in town and around the house. More interactions, more OBJECTS, more hairstyles.

Let's have a pool table, a basketball hoop, a freaking piano.

I don't need a trip to some other location (unless of course they throw those things in as well...although they want us to BUY these things at the online store instead of in expansion packs I guess so I'm not holding my breath)

Also we need an attraction system so our sims can tell us whether they are turned on by another sim or not.

I definitely agree with this. I was surprised to find out how many objects they took away from TS3. I liked having a piano, more hairstyles, and tons of other objects that were included in TS2. Ah well. I suppose it'a a way for Maxis to make money by putting some of these items in the online store...
  • Options
    velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2009
    haha, its the first day of announcing the EP and there has already been 30185902835 complaints.

EA can never win, can they?
  • Options
    DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed. I think we should be able to visit way more places other than Egypt, France and China.
  • Options
    DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    EA can never win, can they?
    Nope.
    8)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    vidkid20 wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong but I'll probably wait before give them 50 or 60 dollars of my money.

Definitely agreed. If I have to spend that much money on some EP, they better make it worth it. This EP is just starting to sound more and more lame. I'm trying not to "judge a book by its cover", but it's hard with the disappointment I have.
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    The Sims 3 is different from The Sims 2, not like this new ep is going to be the same. They are totally different games! You sicken me..🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2009
    :xYeah I'm a little dissapointed too. I would rather have an ep that added more stuff that we don't have and, have enjoyed for years in the sims 2 like..... Weather, Pets, Nightlife, Out for Business or, if nothing else.... JUST FIX THE DARN RABBIT HOLES!!!!!
  • Options
    ScrogdogScrogdog Posts: 929 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Although I was a little surpirised that they would not choose to fill in the existing towns a bit with new careers and activities, I still think this looks pretty fun.

I think the make or break on this one is how far they take this quest thing. Many of us simmers disagree on many things ;)... but I think that one thing that most of us can agree on is that the sims franchise needs to remain open ended.

Period.

If these quests are just one of many things to do, then it probably won't be too bad. I mean, what are you going to find in the dungeon, a guitar +2? :lol:
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm happy because I get to go China in sim world and in the real world x] (a month later if it's in November.)

When is it going to be released?

It's being released November 16th.
  • Options
    Brubaker1226Brubaker1226 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am not ashamed to say that I'm actually excited about the new expansion pack!
    lol but seriously I think you need to all chill out. There will be other EPs. Be patient. If you're getting bored with TS3, go and play TS2 or even Sims 1. Everybody likes different things and they can't please everyone.
  • Options
    Chop119Chop119 Posts: 1,928 Member
    edited August 2009
    3e72454a3229112c8e8d17ee2b1c4a2b.jpg
  • Options
    afireinside42194afireinside42194 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think it looks pretty epic :D im sooooooooo excited