Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I must say... I'm not too happy about this new EP.

Comments

• Options
    SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've been waiting to use this picture:

captain-obvious-8-ranting.jpg

In other words, there's nothing you can do about it, so think positive! :D
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited August 2009
    haha, its the first day of announcing the EP and there has already been 30185902835 complaints.

EA can never win, can they?

I'm definitely buying it. I knew that World Adventures was the first EP for weeks now. And now that there is more info on it I'm way more excited. I'll even write a review and post on here the day it comes out, after I play. (may need some time off for this).

I know a lot of Simmers are unhappy that the EP of their choice isn't the first EP, but if Seasons came out first, the simmers that didn't like TS2's Seasons would prolly make a complaint, or any other EP that a simmer didn't like. Ya can't please everyone no matter how hard ya try.

Besides, the EP isn't even coming out for like another 3 months. Wait for more info and the trailers before making a total judgement call, ya never know, EA may surprise everyone and the first EP could total rock. 8)

Edit: Silly spelling mistakes, Oops. :oops: . . . and grammer.
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited August 2009
    just look on the bright side! plus im always looking forward to a new ep for the sims! I R smilesing 2 cheerz u up :D
  • Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    There is a whole place to talk about this if you need to.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/313.page
  • Options
    xW0AHxiAtEY0UxoxW0AHxiAtEY0Uxo Posts: 80 New Member
    edited August 2009
    yea, when i heard they were making a sims 3 i figured the reason it costed more { not rlly a lot more, but blahblahblah. } like, i thought it would have everything you got from ts2 + all/most of the ep's. but i was dissapointed to learn that again, theres going to end up being a million ep's to waste money on. o.e i think they should've maybe made the plain game cost less if there's ep's, or else put it all on ts3 and even made it cost like 100 dollars or something. idk, i think i've wated enough money & time on ep's. especially the ones like bon voyage and stuff, i don't see the point. 0.o
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited August 2009
    I could not be cared less..(in a nice way) aleast its an expansion...somewhere new to go...some new items.....and more interactions. What ever it is I'm happy!
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    ZOMG i no rit? wat teh hel is EA doing lik rly! We sad we dont wnt it, r tehy stupid?
  • Options
    NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm not excited at all. I don't really want it either.
  • Options
    Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This little guy will now proceed to play the world's saddest song on the world's smallest violin for you.
    violin.gif

I just thought the animation was funny.

Sorry you aren't happy, you might be pleasantly surprised if you play it when it comes out. They tend to add more than what they talk about in press releases and whatnot.
  • Options
    the_happy_hippiethe_happy_hippie Posts: 44 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I'm not excited at all. I'm definitely going to wait to at least see a designer walkthrough or something before I buy it. Just the idea of it doesn't really sound like my kind of thing but I guess they can't please everyone :(
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited August 2009
    Whether we like it or not most of us will buy it...Its the first expansion, in any case, most of us will be bored stiff with Sunset Vally by the time its comes out....so atleast its only 3 months away...unless you guys who dont like the idea of it, are willing to wait a futher 6...7..10, maby more months till exp pack two(what ever it may) to come out....I could not wait that long...never!
  • Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How can you be soooooo disappointed with something tha you got a brief summary over the broad point of the game? This expansion could at some of tyhose missing things yal are griping aobut. Also, as a new person to Sims... I can say un-bias that seasons doesn't sound that great. Course having Halloween and Christmas would be fun. As for OTB/College expansion... those sound horrible. I hate playing as children/teen sims cause of HW and school. Why would I want to play as a college student. :O
  • Options
    Moofwee8Moofwee8 Posts: 125 New Member
    edited August 2009
    After reading the IGN interview I think this EP sounds extremely childish and shallow. I don't like how the main subject seems to revolve around going on 'teh crazee advenchuz!one!!1' Going to Egypt specifically to find a hidden treasure /moodlet will do nothing to enhance the gameplay for me. It's supposed to be about virtual life, not solving crappy puzzles. Leave that to Tomb Raider, EAdiots.

• Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Moofwee8 wrote:
    After reading the IGN interview I think this EP sounds extremely childish and shallow. I don't like how the main subject seems to revolve around going on 'teh crazee advenchuz!one!!1' Going to Egypt specifically to find a hidden treasure /moodlet will do nothing to enhance the gameplay for me. It's supposed to be about virtual life, not solving crappy puzzles. Leave that to Tomb Raider, EAdiots.
    :) i agree wit u 100%.
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm starting to tire of these threads.
    I'm sorry, but there is no way you can judge an EP on the little information they gave. And for those who what more hairstyles, objects, interactions, etc., EA ALWAYS adds more of these in every expansion, even if the expansion has a different theme.
    EA can't make everyone happy, at least not right away. There are people who are excited for this EP, and yet, if they made another Open for Business-like EP, I'd be disappointed (yet, some of you on this thread would be excited).
    Just learn to be patient. :D
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited August 2009
    I didn't like BV and this sounds just like it, only with a different name.. same thing.. :x
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2009
    Moofwee8 wrote:
    It's supposed to be about virtual life, not solving crappy puzzles. Leave that to Tomb Raider, EAdiots.

You obviously never played the Sims1 EPs of Makin Magic or Superstar or Vacation.

So before you go off on 'what' the game is about and saying EA is idiotic, maybe educate yourself with the history of the franchise.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    CoopergirlCoopergirl Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I'm actually not sure if I want to buy this EP. TS3 takes up a lot of space, so I think the EP will too... I think I'd rather save room for different EP's.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    julieexann wrote:
    I'm starting to tire of these threads.
    I'm sorry, but there is no way you can judge an EP on the little information they gave. And for those who what more hairstyles, objects, interactions, etc., EA ALWAYS adds more of these in every expansion, even if the expansion has a different theme.
    EA can't make everyone happy, at least not right away. There are people who are excited for this EP, and yet, if they made another Open for Business-like EP, I'd be disappointed (yet, some of you on this thread would be excited).
    Just learn to be patient. :D

Have you read anything other than the offical press release? Try actually reading up about it and you may understand where some people are coming from. It is quite easy to form an opinion about an unreleased game when one of the devs is excitedly talking about it.

For your information, EA do not intend to include new hair in EPs (from IGN interview). Instead they are leaving them in the Store, so if you want new hair you have to pay seperately. Dissapointing, to say the least. Or money-grabbing ******* if you like. :)

Sorry that you're 'tiring of these threads' but people have the right to actually NOT approve the first look of an EA product if it doesn't look interesting.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    double post
  • Options
    edited August 2009

You obviously never played the Sims1 EPs of Makin Magic or Superstar or Vacation.

So before you go off on 'what' the game is about and saying EA is idiotic, maybe educate yourself with the history of the franchise.

Oh here we go...

Well vacationing and celebrities are a part of life, while solving puzzles in a hidden tomb is not something you encounter in everyday life. I was merely saying that many of the fans see the game as virtual life and EA are ignoring that with their ridiculous concept of an EP.

Truly sorry for offending them infront of you. If it makes you feel any better I quite enjoyed Superstar...
  • Options
    cleodelcleodel Posts: 66 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think it sounds fun, especially because it brings in more cultural flares for builders. It also lets you have a job as a photographer, which I've seen people on the forums say they want. (I can't by the EP, but if I could, I would.)
  • Options
    Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    Moofwee8 wrote:

lik i no rit?

8)
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2009
    Moofwee8 wrote:
    Well vacationing and celebrities are a part of life, while solving puzzles in a hidden tomb is not something you encounter in everyday life. I was merely saying that many of the fans see the game as virtual life and EA are ignoring that with their ridiculous concept of an EP.

Truly sorry for offending them infront of you. If it makes you feel any better I quite enjoyed Superstar...

Consider this: How many 'Im bored' threads do you see? How many by November? Since you liked Superstar you know that there were inside games to be sucessful. I see the stuff in this new EP as no different; a quest is a quest. And so if people dont want to do that, they dont have to and simply enjoy the new clothes & hair & things in the EP.

I know I didnt have a home business or run a store business yet I bought OFB. I never went on 'dates' yet I bought HD. No different with this.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited August 2009
    It sounds kind of fun, but I don't know. Sims 3 doesn't hold my attention really, I haven't actually played in weeks. I don't even know if I'm gonna bother to even buy the new EP.