Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How-To-Install CC/Mods "The New Way" Guide. Update: 04/23/2014

Comments

• Options
    xbritterzxxbritterzx Posts: 236
    edited December 2011
    Do we HAVE to delete the CASPartCache.package and other similar things it says to delete for the stuff to show up in-game? What do they even do? xD
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2011
    @ xbritterzx,

Yes you can delete those four files. I usually delete them every time I close my game. This link over on MTS will explain the purpose of files/folders in the Sims 3 folder under Documents.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    rgirl1rgirl1 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited December 2011
    Blunote; Do I have to move my packages file from the sims game files before patching ?
    Do I have to check all custom content dowloads (even if it's just hair) with custard tool? I don't understand custard's tool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rgirl1 wrote:
    Blunote; Do I have to move my packages file from the sims game files before patching ?
    Do I have to check all custom content dowloads (even if it's just hair) with custard tool? I don't understand custard's tool.
    Yes you have to remove your Mods folder whenever you patch/update your game. If you have Mods as well as CC, those will have to be updated to patch level. It is wise to reset your towns "imo" if you have Mods. You'll have to wait for the developer to do that. It is also wise to test the patch with a new game before you place your CC/Mods back into the game.

You should learn how Custard works because (.sims3pack) files get mixed in with your game/store/exchange content; and are all installed via the launcher. If any of those files get corrupt they could spread to your other content. There's a mini-tutorial on both the Dashboard and Custard Tools on page 13 of this guide. Both tools use the same color coding and it's just good practice to scan those files before you place them in the game.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.
    One more thing Please, if you have time :)
    What do I do with all the files and stuff that are now sitting in my download folder on my desk top. That is where I put the files that I download from the creator's websites. I extract the file to that folder and then copy the package file to my mods/package file in my EA game folder, But what about all the stuff that comes with the custom content file... it's still in that desktop download file.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rgirl1 wrote:
    Thank you.
    One more thing Please, if you have time :)
    What do I do with all the files and stuff that are now sitting in my download folder on my desk top. That is where I put the files that I download from the creator's websites. I extract the file to that folder and then copy the package file to my mods/package file in my EA game folder, But what about all the stuff that comes with the custom content file... it's still in that desktop download file.
    Note: I have since moved all of these files to a 750 GB external storage drive.
    This is my 3PCC download folder. I have OCD, plus I like knowing exactly where I got my content. :wink:
    You can do whatever you like with them because all you want is the (.package) or (.sims3pack) files. I do like to keep mine because I don't have time to be searching all over the place again. I can get it from my hard-drive.
    vz7kk.jpg

I have a sub-folder for Twallan/NRaas Mods. This is where I download updates and do all my extracting of the (.package) files.
    jg2vqo.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That makes my head hurt :(
    ...but you're saying don't delete them right?
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited December 2011
    cool
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rgirl1 wrote:
    That makes my head hurt :(
    ...but you're saying don't delete them right?
    Sorry I was posting elsewhere. You can keep them or delete them. I have enough hard drive space to keep my original downloads and all my backed up games. I have my original game from way back in June 2009. The choice is yours. :wink:
  • Options
    xbritterzxxbritterzx Posts: 236
    edited December 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    @ xbritterzx,

Yes you can delete those four files. I usually delete them every time I close my game. This link over on MTS will explain the purpose of files/folders in the Sims 3 folder under Documents.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained

Okay thank you so much! :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see the quote system is hosed again. :?
    You're very welcome. :wink:
  • Options
    BlisssBlisss Posts: 72 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I already download mods the new way by changing the location of the mods folder into the document section. My mods do work but my only question is how can you tell that you have the latest resource.cfg file? Is there a version number on this somewhere, anywhere? I tried to download the master controller and it hasn't showed up, so I was just guessing maybe I don't have the latest resource file. Thanks a lot for your help in advance. My butler is currently stuck on my front lawn in Pets and I need to reset her in order to stop this insanity, lol.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to get this item and last time I tried I had this problem:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/466559.page
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blisss wrote:
    I already download mods the new way by changing the location of the mods folder into the document section. My mods do work but my only question is how can you tell that you have the latest resource.cfg file? Is there a version number on this somewhere, anywhere? I tried to download the master controller and it hasn't showed up, so I was just guessing maybe I don't have the latest resource file. Thanks a lot for your help in advance. My butler is currently stuck on my front lawn in Pets and I need to reset her in order to stop this insanity, lol.
    As far as I know there is no version number. The resource file is the same as it's always been. If you're running windows, you should be able to right-click on the file and choose edit to open it. It should look the same as the file on page 21.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    I'm trying to get this item and last time I tried I had this problem:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/466559.page
    I would assume that if it doesn't work it's not updated with the fix for the RIG/Slots which changed with the Pets patch/update 1.26.

If the creator hasn't bothered to update it to the patch level you can try to update it yourself with one the tools available to fix it. Otherwise, I would just leave it alone. :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Blunote,
    I downloaded a large cc file from SimsCave It contains, contacts and makeup and stuff. I'm copying the various items into my game very slowly. I'm checking each file with Dashboard...
    my question is,..One of the files appears to be a sims3package
    I think it installed into my game via my launcher.
    Is that supposed to happen?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rgirl1 wrote:
    Hi Blunote,
    I downloaded a large cc file from SimsCave It contains, contacts and makeup and stuff. I'm copying the various items into my game very slowly. I'm checking each file with Dashboard...
    my question is,..One of the files appears to be a sims3package
    I think it installed into my game via my launcher.
    Is that supposed to happen?
    If it's a (.sims3pack) file if you double-click on them they will go to the Downloads folder to be installed via the launcher. You still have to install the content though. :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Blunote, When you say I have to install the content do you mean click on it in the launcher and check "install"?

One more question, if you have time...
    I opened up Sims3pack cleaner to make sure the sim3pack is clean and I go to 'file', 'open' and then I find the file folder with the new simspack but then what? There's no option for scan folder. The option for scan folder is there in the dashboard cleaner but what do I do in the simspack cleaner? How to I clean the selected file?
    Sorry if I don't know how to explain things. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rgirl1 wrote:
    Thanks Blunote, When you say I have to install the content do you mean click on it in the launcher and check "install"?

One more question, if you have time...
    I opened up Sims3pack cleaner to make sure the sim3pack is clean and I go to 'file', 'open' and then I find the file folder with the new simspack but then what? There's no option for scan folder. The option for scan folder is there in the dashboard cleaner but what do I do in the simspack cleaner? How to I clean the selected file?
    Sorry if I don't know how to explain things. :(
    Yes you have to install.

(.sim3pack) files can only be scanned one at a time. You file the file and click it to scan it. If the file is in the downloads folder the that's where you look to find it. I rarely install 3PCC as a (.sims3pack) file, but when I do I extract elsewhere and scan the file. Then I physically move the file to the downloads folder then install via the launcher.
  • Options
    Anita7777777Anita7777777 Posts: 2,708 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I've followed step by step but when I go ingame to test it fails V.V
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will have to try and help you after I return the TV Stand I ordered with my new flat screen. We opened the box Christmas Eve and all the glass was in a million pieces. :-( At least I can return it to the store! :) However, from what they said on the phone there is a frick'in long line. :roll:
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited December 2011
    Ok I was able to get my DxDiag together, thanks again for having a look at it!

System Information
    Time of this report: 12/27/2011, 16:26:20
    Machine name: USER-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    System Model: Satellite L775D
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/11/11 21:00:45 Ver: 04.06.04
    Processor: AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3562MB RAM
    Page File: 2670MB used, 4451MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9647)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9647&SUBSYS_FC621179&REV_00
    Display Memory: 2022 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
    Shared Memory: 1525 MB
    Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: LGD02F7
    Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.978Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1071 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.834.1.0
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 4/20/2011 18:19:42, 790016 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D507-11CF-E676-68DCBEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9647
    SubSys ID: 0xFC621179
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem3.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_Sumo_Mobile:8.834.1.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_9647&subsys_fc621179
    Rank Of Driver: 00E60001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled

Sound Devices
    Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1179FC65&REV_1001
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6410 (English)
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Date and Size: 7/7/2011 19:39:06, 2914408 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Sound Capture Devices
    Description: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Capture: Yes
    Default Voice Capture: Yes
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6410 (English)
    Date and Size: 7/7/2011 19:39:06, 2914408 bytes
    Cap Flags: 0x1
    Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

DirectInput Devices
    Device Name: Mouse
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

USB Devices
    + USB Root Hub
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1022, 0x7807
    | Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
    | Service: usbhub

Gameport Devices

PS/2 Devices
    + Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    | Matching Device ID: *pnp0303
    | Service: i8042prt
    |
    + Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
    | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
    | Upper Filters: kbdclass
    | Service: TermDD
    |
    + Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
    | Matching Device ID: *tos0220
    | Upper Filters: SynTP
    | Service: i8042prt
    |
    + Terminal Server Mouse Driver
    | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
    | Upper Filters: mouclass
    | Service: TermDD

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 391.9 GB
    Total Space: 461.0 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: Hitachi HTS547550A9E384 ATA Device

Drive: D:
    Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633F ATA Device
    Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), , 0 bytes

System Devices
    Name: AMD SMBus
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_13\3&267A616A&0&A0
    Driver: n/a

Name: PCI Express standard Root Port
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43A2&SUBSYS_00001022&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&AA

Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1704&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C4

Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7808&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_11\3&267A616A&0&B2

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43A1&SUBSYS_00001022&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&A9

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1703&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C3

Name: Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_818110EC&REV_01\019181FEFF4CE00000

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7808&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_11\3&267A616A&0&9A

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_00001022&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&A8

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1702&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C2

Name: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_05\AE000000364CE00000

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7808&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_11\3&267A616A&0&92

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1719&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C7

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1701&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C1

Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780F&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_40\3&267A616A&0&A4

Name: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7807&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_11\3&267A616A&0&B0

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1718&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C5

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1700&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_43\3&267A616A&0&C0

Name: PCI standard ISA bridge
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780E&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_11\3&267A616A&0&A3

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7807&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_11\3&267A616A&0&98

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1716&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C6

Name: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9647&SUBSYS_FC621179&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&08

Name: High Definition Audio Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780D&SUBSYS_FC651179&REV_01\3&267A616A&0&A2

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7807&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_11\3&267A616A&0&90

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1707&SUBSYS_12341022&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&10

Name: High Definition Audio Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1714&SUBSYS_FC621179&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&09

Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780C&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&A1

Name: Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7801&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_40\3&267A616A&0&88

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1705&SUBSYS_FC671179&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&00

DirectShow Filters

DirectShow Filters:
    WMAudio Decoder DMO,**********,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
    WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
    WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
    MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,6.01.7600.16385
    Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
    WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,6.01.7601.17514
    WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,6.01.7601.17514
    Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
    Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
    WMT VIH2 Fix,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    Record Queue,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    WMT Switch Filter,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    WMT Virtual Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    WMT DV Extract,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    WMT Virtual Source,0x00200000,0,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    WMT Sample Information Filter,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    ATI Ticker,0x00200000,0,1,Ticker.ax,
    DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
    Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,12.00.7601.17514
    AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,6.01.7140.0000
    AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
    StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
    Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
    Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MMACE ProcAmp,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll,
    PlayReady DMO Wrapper,0x00600002,1,1,PRDMOW~1.DLL,1.03.2297.0000
    DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MS PR Source Filter,0x00200000,0,2,PRSource.dll,1.03.2297.0000
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
    ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    TOSHIBA Progress Monitor,0x00200000,1,1,TProgMon.ax,1.00.0001.0209
    TOSHIBA WAV Converter,0x00200000,0,0,TWavConv.ax,1.00.0000.0315
    File Writer,0x00200000,1,0,WLXVAFilt.dll,15.04.3538.0513
    VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
    VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7601.17514
    MMACE SoftEmu,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll,
    File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    iTV Data Sink,0x00600000,1,0,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    iTV Data Capture filter,0x00600000,1,1,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    PGTimeStamp,0x00200000,1,1,PGTimeFilter.dll,2.00.0000.0010
    DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MMACE DeInterlace,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll,
    Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll,
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
    WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
    DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514
    StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7140.0000
    StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,6.01.7601.17514
    BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
    MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514

WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices:
    Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Video Compressors:
    WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
    WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,6.01.7600.16385
    MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
    DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Cinepak Codec by Radius,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    VP60® Simple Profile ,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    VP61® Advanced Profile,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514

Audio Compressors:
    WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385
    WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385
    IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Messenger Audio Codec,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514

Audio Capture Sources:
    Microphone (Realtek High Defini,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514

PBDA CP Filters:
    PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528
    PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528

Midi Renderers:
    Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514

WDM Streaming Capture Devices:
    Realtek HD Audio Mic input,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
    Realtek HD Audio Stereo input,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
    TOSHIBA Web Camera - MP,0x00200000,1,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

WDM Streaming Rendering Devices:
    Realtek HD Audio output,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

BDA Network Providers:
    Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
    Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514

Video Capture Sources:
    TOSHIBA Web Camera - MP,0x00200000,1,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs:
    VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA Transport Information Renderers:
    BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
    MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA CP/CA Filters:
    Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
    Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
    PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
    XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708

WDM Streaming Communication Transforms:
    Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

Audio Renderers:
    Speakers (Realtek High Definiti,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514
    DirectSound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17514

EVR Power Information
    Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality)
    Quality Flags: 2576
    Enabled:
    Force throttling
    Allow half deinterlace
    Allow scaling
    Decode Power Usage: 100
    Balanced Flags: 1424
    Enabled:
    Force throttling
    Allow batching
    Force half deinterlace
    Force scaling
    Decode Power Usage: 50
    PowerFlags: 1424
    Enabled:
    Force throttling
    Allow batching
    Force half deinterlace
    Force scaling
    Decode Power Usage: 0
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Error: Would you like to bypass directinput this time?

I'm not seeing anything that would cause that error Direct X 11 error except maybe the graphics drivers possibly need to be updated. You may want to check on the ATI/AMD website for an update.

See the rest in your comments.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please show screenshot's of your Mods folder and how you have the framework setup. Please be sure not to break the pages with over-sized images or will ask you to re-size them correctly. :wink:
  • Options
    caliscorpcaliscorp Posts: 43 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I saw that you updated it recently for pets.

I have always used my CC installation through the launcher but I'm finding too many of the files are causing big problems for my game. So now I'm looking into manually checking and installing the CC.

I tell you this because I'm entirely new to this stuff.

Thank you for such a detailed example and explanation. It really helps.

My issue is that when I get Documents>EA>Sims3 there is no folder called Mod. I have windows 7.

So what do I do?

And I've seen a few different pages and I'm unclear- is the Delphy program good for pets now? It says here that it is no longer being updated, etc but on another page I followed a link there (before I saw this post) and it is available. But I don't know if it is truly updated for pets. Do you know?

Also, is the TSR fix your game program similiar to delphy in that I can choose which CC to install or not? Because I downloaded some sims from the exchange that had CC that I did not want and did not know it was there. ie. I downloaded a female sim and then I went to create a sim and saw under "bottoms" a half-horse/half person item. ***?? So I want to prevent crap like that from being in my game.

Thank you very much, hope these questions are not ones that you already addressed- I read this whole post- but it was a little overwhelming since I never did it manually before like I said.

-Caity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top