Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Tally of who likes this EP (It's Showtime) ;D

Comments

• Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited December 2011
    YES!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited December 2011
    NO

I am not a fan of this Simport & Sim Social. I play enough MMO's to cover the social aspect of gaming.

I will buy this EP simply because it adds to my games. However I cannot say I am excited or thrilled in anyway over it & from what I've seen, am rather disappointed in EA, again.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    CMSnedCMSned Posts: 192 New Member
    edited December 2011
    No.
  • Options
    OnAvieOnAvie Posts: 1,611 Member
    edited December 2011
    YES. :thumbup:

I like the overall theme of it, just not the social features.
    I do wish it would include some more stuff though.
  • Options
    taraheartttaraheartt Posts: 54
    edited December 2011
    No
    because I dont like the social features and even if you could turn it off I still dont want it because its just like late night but with more jobs.
  • Options
    uksims3fanuksims3fan Posts: 145 New Member
    edited December 2011
    No. Doesn't interest me at all. Won't be getting it.
  • Options
    Xaiden19Xaiden19 Posts: 67
    edited December 2011
    ABSOLUTELY (though I'm only in it for the magic) lol
    DEFINITE YES!!
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited December 2011
    Updated! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the new pics! :)
  • Options
    scarlettx33scarlettx33 Posts: 996 New Member
    edited December 2011
    No.
    I already PAID for this EP with nightlife!
    And I dislike the idea of social networking.
    Sims 1 & 2 had such better EPs
  • Options
    MagicalSarahMagicalSarah Posts: 126 New Member
    edited December 2011
    yes, even though i hate teh social features and teh small amount that this ep will expand teh game for me. i know nightlife (ts2) and superstar (ts1) both had this concept to some degree, but it did sell rather well and was fun to play.

ea will more than likely have a way to turn teh social features off i hope. cos there's nothing i hate more than giving free adverts for a game i paid for.
  • Options
    adityarajadityaraj Posts: 358 New Member
    edited December 2011
    we need more info
    but as of now..no
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    updated.
  • Options
    chrang7520chrang7520 Posts: 407 Member
    edited December 2011
    NO!
    I don't like really care about the social features. I think this reminds me of late night, and they should have added this in that EP. In fact, I'm not even about a space one that I keep hearing about also. These are not like the other sims games in the past and that is what really made the game for me. I don't think i will even buy this one unless it was for a REALLY cheap price after its been out for awhile.
    EA keeps trying to come up with new ideas, and a lot of people really want the games we have played in the past sims games, they need to stick to the more popular versions and make those better, rather than some of the junk they have come out with.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited December 2011
    YES

• Options
    biddy_bumbiddy_bum Posts: 102 New Member
    edited December 2011
    So far, no
  • Options
    simmiegirl25simmiegirl25 Posts: 31
    edited December 2011
    Yes
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    updated.
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited December 2011
    No.
  • Options
    Dubious771Dubious771 Posts: 4
    edited December 2011
    NO.

I have no interest in Social Networking through my Sims game. I play the Sims to play the Sims, not to network. If I want to social network I will go online and social network.

I have played the Sims since the original was released and I have never failed to buy a Sims Expansion pack. From what I see so far this expansion pack will be the final deal breaker for me. I can't believe this is being released as the next expansion pack, most of this is already covered in Night Life.

Where is weather, or something to fill up the plethora of rabbit holes that we have to imagine are shops/restaurants etc? I mean no offense to those working on this expansion, but so far I can honestly say that this is the first trailer of an expansion pack that has left me cold and completely unexcited and completely disappointed. The Sims 3 as a whole has so many areas that seriously need attending too in order to make this game even a contender with the Sims 2, and I really hoped that the expansion packs would do that....complete, as well as add onto the actual game, making it a fun, interactive complete world. Instead we get online networking that doesn't add to the ACTUAL game in any way.

So no I won't be forking out any money on this expansion pack, unless something mind blowingly good was actually added...like weather. :(

• Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited December 2011
    I like it :)
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    thedogloverthedoglover Posts: 582 New Member
    edited December 2011
    No
  • Options
    BoggygirlBoggygirl Posts: 256 Member
    edited December 2011
    I think I will like it... I am willing to try the social features as long as I don't have to spam my friends in order to progress in my own game. Mark me as a yes :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    updated
  • Options
    LovingTimLovingTim Posts: 164 Member
    edited December 2011
    Voting NO. Also voting: Will not buy.

I don't care about social features at all. There's already too much "social" stuff out there. I just have no interest at all, zero, zip, nada in the social features.

The Sims series already has had online social versions. Anyone try out The Sims Online? Ugh! Horrible. I tried to play for about a week and never touched it again.

Then you've got MySims and Sims Social on Facebook. I don't know how MySims was but I've tried the facebook game and feel like I've stepped back in time to the base game of TS1 but this one is even worse.

I also have issues of what seems like a lack of parental control. I allow my children to play TS3. I have a teen daughter who has issues with inappropriate online interaction and she is strictly not allowed any access to anything with chat.

So what do I do? Do I ban her from playing one game that she really enjoys that has zero chat involved? Ugh again.

I wasn't all that excited over Late Night. This sounds like a lot more of Late Night with social junk tossed in.