Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 or Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    edited December 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Still the Sims 3, although I'm still angry that EA has decided to make this next expansion pack into Showtime, Zynga style.
    Jarsie9, could you explain how showtime is "Zynga style"?
  • Options
    CEMMAOCEMMAO Posts: 40
    edited December 2011
    My only complaints with TS3 in all honesty are:
    1) the lack of "real dating" (which might actually be impossible with a seamless neighborhood unless the time could be made to move slower or even pause while on the date)
    2) Lack of "traditional" hairstyles (to include facial hair) for male Sims (Having elders look like "Grey Teenagers" just looks foolish to me!)

what do u mean by a real date please
    to Kevida121766
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Still the Sims 3, although I'm still angry that EA has decided to make this next expansion pack into Showtime, Zynga style.
    Jarsie9, could you explain how showtime is "Zynga style"?
    i agree what do u mean please
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't own all of the SPs from Sims 2 (yet), but I really enjoyed (and miss) The Sims 2. It had humour, charm, it was cute, it could be realistic one minute and fantasy the next- it was just different you know?
    I like Sims 3 too don't get me wrong, but it's missing something that was in Sims 2.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited December 2011
    The Sims 2. Hands down.

Now don't get me wrong, I got caught up in/addicted to The Sims 3 for a really long period of time. I went back to playing TS2 once for maybe 7 months (mind you, I play pretty much every moment I get a chance to, not just an hour here and there) but then went back to TS3 again.

I am now going back to TS2, more than likely PERMANENTLY, because I'm tired of the superficial, low-quality games EA is putting out for TS3. TS2 has so much more charm, wit, and soul. I have missed it.
  • Options
    MzFearceMzFearce Posts: 127
    edited December 2011
    I <3 the Sims 2 and The Sims 3, but I abnsolutely hate having to go back and age everyone at the same time in TS2. Plus I can't stand building in TS2. However, it does have great gameplay.

Still, I'm TS3.
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited December 2011
    hannahmary wrote:
    you got more stuff in TS2 EP'S TS2 had humor too which i loved because TS3 is to lifelike, if i wanted lifelike i would go outside with my 40$ :lol: don't get me wrong the base to TS games needs to be realistic but i miss the humor. EA seems to not be trying hard enough. IDK,just my thought.

BTW i'm not hating on TS3! i play it once or twice a week for an hr! (and that is alot for me :mrgreen: )

^This
  • Options
    RavernaRaverna Posts: 192 Member
    edited December 2011
    While there are some parts of the Sims 2 that are better, overall I think The Sims 3 is better.
  • Options
    CMSnedCMSned Posts: 192 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Sims 3 has amazing customisation tools and building options, but I'm with sims 2 all the way. I enjoy it's gameplay better.
  • Options
    mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited December 2011
    Not that long ago people were complaining that "The Sims 2" was not as good as "The Sims." This is, unfortunately, human nature.

The Sims 2 actually had better interactions. For one, you could go inside all of the buildings. Rabbit holes did not exist. Second, you could customize all of the buildings. If you wanted to change the layout of a restaurant, you could. Third, alien abductions. Yes, I enjoyed getting my male sims pregnant with alien children. Fourth, cut scenes. Cut scenes were my favorite thing. the birth of a baby was an event, and it was quite funny to see a male give birth to an alien baby. Woohoo cut scenes were cute, the going to college cut scene was too funny, and of course your sim could get jilted at the alter. I do not know if that happens in the Sims 3 or not. The expansion packs actually felt like an event. There are many things that made the Sims 2 better than the Sims 3.

However, there are just as many things that makes The Sims 3 better than The Sims 2. First, having an open neighborhood. This is a wonderful idea, and well worth the money. Second the ability to customize EVERYTHING. It is now very easy to have a leopard spotted car if you wanted to have one.

For me, the sims 2 was vastly superior. The only thing that would have made it better would be if it had an open neighborhood. But really it all depends on which one you like the best.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited December 2011
    The Sims 2, if you like gameplay then TS2 is definitely where you'll find it, it's depth, humor, interactivity, genetics and style are just soo far beyond The Sims 3 you'd never believe that they were created by the same company.

The Sims 3, has better building and colouring options (create-a-style), ETC, but The Sims 3 isn't really for playing, and with a game that's a BIG problem.
    Some people might say that the open neighbourhood is 'worth it', but it isn't really open because there's nothing to do in it, essentially you've replaced a waiting period (between house and destination in TS2) with a waiting period instead of a destination (rabbitholes in TS3).
    raw
  • Options
    DmoquinnDmoquinn Posts: 748 New Member
    edited December 2011
    While I'm in LOVE with The Sims 3's open neighborhood, Create-a-Style, and building options, it's missing a lot of gameplay features that would make it much better.

The Sims 2 is way better.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited December 2011
    Three cheers for TS2! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited December 2011
    Not that long ago people were complaining that "The Sims 2" was not as good as "The Sims." This is, unfortunately, human nature.

The Sims 2 actually had better interactions. For one, you could go inside all of the buildings. Rabbit holes did not exist. Second, you could customize all of the buildings. If you wanted to change the layout of a restaurant, you could. Third, alien abductions. Yes, I enjoyed getting my male sims pregnant with alien children. Fourth, cut scenes. Cut scenes were my favorite thing. the birth of a baby was an event, and it was quite funny to see a male give birth to an alien baby. Woohoo cut scenes were cute, the going to college cut scene was too funny, and of course your sim could get jilted at the alter. I do not know if that happens in the Sims 3 or not. The expansion packs actually felt like an event. There are many things that made the Sims 2 better than the Sims 3.

However, there are just as many things that makes The Sims 3 better than The Sims 2. First, having an open neighborhood. This is a wonderful idea, and well worth the money. Second the ability to customize EVERYTHING. It is now very easy to have a leopard spotted car if you wanted to have one.

For me, the sims 2 was vastly superior. The only thing that would have made it better would be if it had an open neighborhood. But really it all depends on which one you like the best.

Sims 3 is boring, the neighborhood offersn nothing entertaing like sims 2 does. It might be open but list all the things you can do in the open neighborhood. Now list all the things you can do in sims neighborhood. Majority of the sims 3 things are done in rabbit holes and the concepts of these activities are half done. Nothing is completed in fact in honesty why didn't show time come with late nights half backed ep. It's more suited to that style fame fortune and what not.

As of yet what i can do with my sims 2 game i can't do with my sims 3 game. Even the darn babies look better graphically in sims 2 than 3. Honestly all sims 3 did was make it easier for you to customize outfits, and graphics that's it. Other than that almost everything in sims 2 is better and far cheaper. An open neighorhood is useless if their is barely anything to explore or utilize as gameplay.
  • Options
    RhenX3RhenX3 Posts: 324 New Member
    edited December 2011
    sims 3. you can't even start a new game in sims 2. and u have to click on the zoom in button to zoom in. for sims 3, you can just press a button. assuming that u use the zoom in button alot.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited December 2011
    RhenX3 wrote:
    sims 3. you can't even start a new game in sims 2. and u have to click on the zoom in button to zoom in. for sims 3, you can just press a button. assuming that u use the zoom in button alot.

I take it you haven't ever even PLAYED the sims 2 or you'd know that everything you just said, is complete BS.
    raw
  • Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Sims 2 is superior in almost every way. Sims 3 just feels soo... generic? That's the best way to explain it. I don't like the rabbit holes, RPG-style, dark shadows on all the objects, pudding faces and weird bodies of the sims, etc...

- Every Sims 2 expansion pack changes the game drastically for the better. And every expansion pack is different (Late Night and Showtime? Really?)
    - Great graphics. Perfect blend of cartoon and realism.
    - Sandbox. My sims can go spend a weekend in the mountains with their external family and it shows up as a family reunion! They can go to college... I have a sim right now that runs a car shop. She fixes the cars from the hobbies pack then sells them for profit and she lives on the poor side of Belladonna City. I have another family in a luxury sub-hood and another family in a beach sub-hood. I love how many different stories and set-ups are possible in the Sims 2.
    - Awesome movie clips for all the big moments in your sims life.
    - Car interactions, and better interactions overall.. I love how my sim can sit in the car and listen to music and stuff.
    - Just the game-play overall is brilliant. There's really not much your sims can't do once you find a way to set it up.
    - I've been playing it for 4-5 years and STILL discover new things.

There are only TWO things I like about the Sims 3 - the personality traits and open neighborhood. Then again, the neighborhood isn't great when you can't even go INTO the buildings! I'd rather wait 5 minutes for a lot to load than not be able to go in at all. If you turn on your neighbors and decorations in the Sims 2, it looks like an open neighborhood anyway. Personality traits are cool, but I think they'd be better mixed with the Sims 2 personality options as well. It's nice how the Sims 2 traits effects things like how much sleep your sims will need.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thankyou to everyone who has commented i have brought the sims 2 am finding a little boring BUT i found his with the sims 3 base game to i have to say however the sims 2 base game is better than the sims 3 base game going to get open for bussiness and seasons first so fingers crossed it will be better than the sims 3 wit ep so thankyou everyone happy simming xxx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RhenX3 wrote:

This is complete bs because all you have to do is use the mouse scroll to scroll to zoom in and out. You can also you keyboard short cuts or you can use the games ui. LOL you have obviously not played sims 2 with this type of story.
  • Options
    RuriKamiyaRuriKamiya Posts: 298 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Sims 2 all the way. I'm taking an indefinite break from sims 3 because it is like a full-time job.
    The game is unplayable without mods. It self-destructs, literally. You have to patch in order to update the mods, the patches breaks the game instead of fixing it. Not CC friendly. And most importantly to me, I'm not satisfied with way TS3 sims look. They can never look as good as TS2 sims no matter how much you tweak them in CAS. I have never been attached to a sim in TS3 unlike in TS2. I try to get attached to them but the faces they make annoys me. They just feel more real when I'm satisfied with how they look. It's hard to get a distinct variety of looks in sims 3 aside from making them fat because they all have that distinctive 'pudding' look.
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited December 2011
    I have never played Sims 2 and am getting fed up with 3. I am looking at buying some of S2 from Amazon. I was going to get Deluxe and Seasons to start with. I would like Bon Voyage and Freetime but am worried as I read about Securom and don't know much about it. I was thinking about Open for Business but some reviews say it is quite hard to manage a business and the sims lives so not sure? Not sure about Uni or Apartment Life. Can anyone give me any advice on these things and any stuff packs that are good? I also have Windows 7 so I think there might be issues there. I can get the games cheap but I dont want to waste my money. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CEMMAO wrote:
    My only complaints with TS3 in all honesty are:
    1) the lack of "real dating" (which might actually be impossible with a seamless neighborhood unless the time could be made to move slower or even pause while on the date)
    2) Lack of "traditional" hairstyles (to include facial hair) for male Sims (Having elders look like "Grey Teenagers" just looks foolish to me!)

what do u mean by a real date please
    to Kevida121766
    I am not sure if you ever played Night Life for TS2 but in that expansion one could go INTO a venue and order food from a waiter, have it delivered, enjoy the meal and do some couple flirting while eating/drinking. The couple could also dance and slow dance (with moves like "dance close", "lower hands", etc.) and stuff like that. Late Night lacks in that department. In this case, the "open neighborhood" kills "real dating". Maybe what EA Games could do is when entering a "rabbit hole" venue, there could be a a load screen where time s measured differently where when the date is over only two to four hours passed by in the "real world" and it's not 6:00AM and both Sims have to be to work ASAP but will have more time to "do what couples do".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All-in-all EA took too much away from TS2 in order to add innovations ideas of TS3. I think for TS4 EA should "go back to the old drawing board" and find a way to combine TS2's interactions with TS3's innovations. That and to quit thinking that only female Caucasian teenagers play the Sims Game's Franchise!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All-in-all EA took too much away from TS2 in order to add innovations ideas of TS3. I think for TS4 EA should "go back to the old drawing board" and find a way to combine TS2's interactions with TS3's innovations. That and to quit thinking that only female Caucasian teenagers play the Sims Game's Franchise!

This and quit thinking every middle aged person wants to relive their life as a teenage caucasian girl. (shudders at generations midlife crisis want)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anavastia wrote:

This and quit thinking every middle aged person wants to relive their life as a teenage caucasian girl. (shudders at generations midlife crisis want)

hiya im not being rude by any means what do u mean by caucasian be cause the sims don't care there not programmed that way, but do agree that they do seem to think it's only teenage girls tat play.