Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 or Sims 3

i have read alot of bad comments for sims 3 and was wondering what people preferd sims 2 or sims 3 (with all ep and sp) thankyou

Comments

• Options
    hannahmaryhannahmary Posts: 42
    edited December 2011
    you got more stuff in TS2 EP'S TS2 had humor too which i loved because TS3 is to lifelike, if i wanted lifelike i would go outside with my 40$ :lol: don't get me wrong the base to TS games needs to be realistic but i miss the humor. EA seems to not be trying hard enough. IDK,just my thought.

BTW i'm not hating on TS3! i play it once or twice a week for an hr! (and that is alot for me :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited December 2011
    That's a loaded question for a lot of people!

I think of the games as siblings, from the same family with similarities but in some ways, completely different.

I play both games, depending on my mood and how my TS3 game is behaving. I have experienced some glitches and bugs in my game, not as serious as some, but serious enough that I seriously debate and research every ep purchase I make because I do not want buy a new computer, nor do I want my game to completely crash because it doesn't meet specs.

Also, I own the entire TS2 collection and I own all eps except Pets and no sps for TS3. I hope that helps!
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2011
    I like them both equally. Although I prefer the EPs from TS2. It depends on how I feel. The Sims 3 is better than TS2 in some ways but TS2 is better than TS3 in other ways.
  • Options
    hannahmaryhannahmary Posts: 42
    edited December 2011
    Callum9432 i can agree with that too. :mrgreen:

thought i do love TS2 :D
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yet another thread comparing chocolate cake to red velvet batter.

You like whichever you like why's it matter? The sims 3 has its good points and so does sims 2, honestly I don't even know how you can compare the two. It's the same as trying to compare sims 1 to them all. People complained about both games equally I feel like, sims 2 wasn't all glory all the time. It had it's strikes of glitches .__.
  • Options
    CEMMAOCEMMAO Posts: 40
    edited December 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    Yet another thread comparing chocolate cake to red velvet batter.

You like whichever you like why's it matter? The sims 3 has its good points and so does sims 2, honestly I don't even know how you can compare the two. It's the same as trying to compare sims 1 to them all. People complained about both games equally I feel like, sims 2 wasn't all glory all the time. It had it's strikes of glitches .__.

i asked the question because i only every had the sims 2 base game before, i have all the sp and ep for the sims 3 n have loads of probs so i wanted to ask people what they thought before i go out n spend a small fortune on all the sims 2 games i also loves all the sims 2 games for ps2 but hate want ea have done for the ps3 thas the reason i have no experiance wth the sims 2 pc but i do with the sims 3 so thankyou for ur comment. x
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011

TS3. Due to the fact my TS2 Disc no longer works.

I own all TS2 & TS1 & Am missing 2 from TS3.
  • Options
    pinkstar2000pinkstar2000 Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Sims 2 for genetics(reccessive genes and dominate genes are NOT in the sims 3....regardless of what anyone says)

Sims 3 for gameplay
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited December 2011
    Sims 4 :D

Seriously, though, I don't like Sims 3 at all, so I don't play it. I still love Sims 2 and play it almost every day, but I am really longing for a new, upgraded Sims game.
  • Options
    allie_of_chaosallie_of_chaos Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Sims 3 has less loading time and unlimited access to your neighborhood without meeting loading screens.

Sims 2 has more interesting storylines and characters, including all of the occult characters introduced in the original with the aliens and in each EP (with the exception of one I believe)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited December 2011
    I like TS2 EPs better, but I have no desire to play them without Create-A-Style, traits, the seamless neighborhood and the graphics.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CEMMAOCEMMAO Posts: 40
    edited December 2011
    thankyou for all your comment do u think there is a major differents in the graphs as i am seriously thinkin of geting all the sims 2 games (not that i will actully get rid of my sims 3 ill prob jut put them on a shelve to gather dust lol) i realy appreciate all the sensible comments cheers people xxx
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2011
    There isn't such big a difference in graphics, that it is not worth playing TS2. I think you should get the TS2 EPs :)
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited December 2011
    Sims 3 reprezent1n!
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    I have no desire to play them without Create-A-Style, traits, the seamless neighborhood and the graphics.

This.
    I like TS2. But TS3 is better.
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited December 2011
    TS2 at least it had everything i wanted in it.
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited December 2011
    I prefer sims 3 to sims 2 but play both.

As others have said they both have strong and weak points.
  • Options
    Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    edited December 2011
    My only complaints with TS3 in all honesty are:
    1) the lack of "real dating" (which might actually be impossible with a seamless neighborhood unless the time could be made to move slower or even pause while on the date)
    2) Lack of "traditional" hairstyles (to include facial hair) for male Sims (Having elders look like "Grey Teenagers" just looks foolish to me!)
  • Options
    Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    edited December 2011
    My only complaints with TS3 in all honesty are:
    1) the lack of "real dating" (which might actually be impossible with a seamless neighborhood unless the time could be made to move slower or even pause while on the date)
    2) Lack of "traditional" hairstyles (to include facial hair) for male Sims (Having elders look like "Grey Teenagers" just looks foolish to me!)
    Oops I failed to mention:
    3) Lack of types of greetings (other than "Invite In")and farewells (other that "Ask To Leave") our Sims have for their guests.

All in all TS3 is not horrible and I probably won't go back to TS2 because I will miss Create-A-Style, traits, the seamless neighborhood and the graphics. However, if at least points #1 and #3 could be fulfilled then I could overlook #2...at least for a little while.
  • Options
    xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited December 2011
    TS2
  • Options
    Berster195Berster195 Posts: 54
    edited December 2011
    the sims 2 definately
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2011
    Still the Sims 3, although I'm still angry that EA has decided to make this next expansion pack into Showtime, Zynga style.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited December 2011
    sims 2 AND sims 1 for gameplay - sims 3 for superficial reasons only - especially at this point.

edit: simcity 4 on occasion, also!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2011
    I like ts2 over ts3. I play 2 b/c I can go with my sims into community lots.

I like ts2 over ts3, b/c the Sims themselves act more alive than the robots of ts3.

I get emotionally attached to the Sims in ts2. In ts3, I delete them at will, with no feeling whatsoever.

That is why I prefer ts2 over ts3.

btw, I don't feel like the ts3 sims are horrible, they are okay looking to me. I just can't stand how they act.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited December 2011
    sims 2