Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those of you who have been experiencing crashing since pets, this should stop the crashing.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited October 2011
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    It may be helpful to note that there is a way to find out whether DEP is actually the source of your crashing, before you go into the complications of setting it up. Open up the crash log in Notepad, and look at the [Exception info] part. If it says <unknown module> on the 'address' line, DEP is causing the crash. If it doesn't say this, try downloading the Crash Log Analyser from MTS, as the crash is being caused by something else and the analyser will tell you what.

This is what mine says:

[Exception info]
    date: 2011-10-30
    time: 20.06.01
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x2d0c1d30
    address: 0x2d0c1d30 <unknown module>

Are you sure that you added ALL the necessary files to DEP? Perhaps try doing the process again from scratch and try playing your game again. Your problem IS with DEP, so the fix described in this forum should work. Strange that it didn't first time! :?

I've added them all but every time I press apply some disappear, because I added 7 and now I applied there are 5. :S

That is really weird.. Okay, try putting the setting back to how it was before you adjusted it. Then, restart your computer and try again. I have no idea if that will help, but worth a try maybe.

Do you mean remove all the games I added on the DEP?
  • Options
    LukeysEmmyLukeysEmmy Posts: 746 Member
    edited October 2011
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    It may be helpful to note that there is a way to find out whether DEP is actually the source of your crashing, before you go into the complications of setting it up. Open up the crash log in Notepad, and look at the [Exception info] part. If it says <unknown module> on the 'address' line, DEP is causing the crash. If it doesn't say this, try downloading the Crash Log Analyser from MTS, as the crash is being caused by something else and the analyser will tell you what.

This is what mine says:

[Exception info]

Are you sure that you added ALL the necessary files to DEP? Perhaps try doing the process again from scratch and try playing your game again. Your problem IS with DEP, so the fix described in this forum should work. Strange that it didn't first time! :?

I've added them all but every time I press apply some disappear, because I added 7 and now I applied there are 5. :S

That is really weird.. Okay, try putting the setting back to how it was before you adjusted it. Then, restart your computer and try again. I have no idea if that will help, but worth a try maybe.

Do you only have TS3 games on there? If so, yep. Basically, just put the settings back to how they looked before you altered them, if you can remember how that was. Then restart and try afresh.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:

This is what mine says:

[Exception info]

Do you only have TS3 games on there? If so, yep. Basically, just put the settings back to how they looked before you altered them, if you can remember how that was. Then restart and try afresh.

Okay will try that, and do I tick box above again? "Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only." ?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:

This is what mine says:

[Exception info]

Okay will try that, and do I tick box above again? "Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only." ?

Yes. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Okay so I did as you said and so far it hasn't crashed but it is very slow. I read on this post (I think or elsewhere) that turning off advanced rendering could work, but what effects would this have on the graphics?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LBell wrote:
    Okay so I did as you said and so far it hasn't crashed but it is very slow. I read on this post (I think or elsewhere) that turning off advanced rendering could work, but what effects would this have on the graphics?

I'm glad it helped, at least in a way! Turning off advanced rendering will make the graphics look worse, but yes, it makes the game run faster.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Okay thanks a lot for your help! :)

I just hope EA finds a fix for these problems.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LBell wrote:

No problem at all!! I'm glad my own bad experience with the game actually helped me assist you :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:

No problem at all!! I'm glad my own bad experience with the game actually helped me assist you :)

Haha, and now I've turned advanced rendering off my dogs have long lines going from their heads. :? :cry:

It's much faster but this is ridiculous. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LBell wrote:
    LukeysEmmy wrote:
    LBell wrote:

Haha, and now I've turned advanced rendering off my dogs have long lines going from their heads. :? :cry:

It's much faster but this is ridiculous. :(

Ugh, that's just silly. I really hope things like this are corrected in patches!! It's just not fair on us users :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I honestly can't believe the difference in performance now I've turned off advanced rendering.

So does this mean that my computer can't handle it when it's turned on or do you think its just Pets, because it worked okay-ish :lol: (speed wise) before Pets...
  • Options
    cannibaleyescannibaleyes Posts: 350 New Member
    edited October 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    Do you by chance have a solution for crashing/freezing for us mac users? I just had yet another fruitless conversation with an EA rep about this and the horses. Everytime I zoom out the game freezes. :(
    Macs currently crash when a horse comes into view. EA is working on a patch to fix it for you guys.
    What about us Mac folk who get occasional crashes that aren't horse-related? Mine randomly crashes, but only after playing it for a while. I've played with horses for hours without any crashes before. Just saying, the horses aren't the only reason for crashes in Macs; they just seem to be the most common problem.
  • Options
    LittleAlphaLittleAlpha Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    Has anyone seen any progress with the Mac crashes? I'm having problems with horses and random freezing. Whenever a horse is so much as within a billion mile range it crashes on me.

No rush or anything, just wondering if others are having the same problem or have seen a solution for it :)
  • Options
    Moonpix54Moonpix54 Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    All right! It worked! Thanks for helping us out
  • Options
    bluehaze94bluehaze94 Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    All right this is my first time posting about an issue with my game. To start off with I have done a lot of research on the matter and ever since **** pets came into my games life it continues to crash! I have supernatural and season which works beautifully for me but no pets has to be special when I decide to get it.

My question is for this DEP process what am I to do if I have digital copies of other expansions and only physical copies of a few. I notices that in the program files that the digital expansions and stuff packs do not come up. It's very annoying since I simply want to move the files and try to improve the crashing bs. Also my base game TS3 is not in its files....PLEASE ANYONE HELP!!
  • Options
    amberlyn1994amberlyn1994 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I've been having these issues since I got the game, but today I decided enough was enough. I uninstalled everything, re installed it then did this and it worked. Before today, I was only putting one Sims Pets file in the DEP thing but I haven't had any crashes. To test it, I filled a room with dogs and cats and made them do all sorts of things. All good. Thanks! :lol: