Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    LumLotusLumLotus Posts: 42
    edited October 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    I need some extra info on the following issues:

[...]

Blocky/strange looking fur
    - Whos pic can I use for my blog (credit will be given)
    - Do you guys have advanced rendering on ?
    - Is it only the fur or do you have other graphical issues ?
    - What is your graphic card and are your drivers up-to-date ?
    [...]

Your welcome to use the pics I posted but you might have to re-crop them.
    I have advanced rendering on if it was off I get the transparent fur glitch.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited October 2011
    Okay, once again, I don't use mods, and I found these:
    -If I control+click the Power Out moodlet on my unicorn with the [testingcheatsenabled true] cheat, the Unicorn's magic is permanently disabled.

-With the same cheat on, it is impossible to raise relationships with birds using the click and drag trick.

-I can use the [moviemakercheatsenabled true] cheat to edit the looks of Raccoons and Deer, which actually looks pretty disturbing in CAP mode...

-When I Ctrl+click the Grubby or Grungy Moodlet on Horses and Unicorns, I get the Squeaky Clean moodlet, but that's the only way I can get it.

-Setting needs to static with the mailbox does not effect the Energy or Thirst bars on Horses or Unicorns.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2011
    @bunbunnyny: Could you please add your computer stats for the other bugs you posted. I'll add a link to your post to the list as problems with cheats, since well, they are cheats.

@LumLotus: OK thanks.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    IomaiIomai Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2011
    1. Are you using any CC or mods ?

No, I have uninstalled them.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods

Awesome Mod, but Its with the rest of the CC i uninstalled

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

Same as for Question 2

4. What EPs do you own

All except for WA, no SPs

5. What patch level (game version) are you currently at. I need the version of your base game. You find it in your launcher when you hover over the base game icon. I need the one that starts with 1.xx

Base Game version: 1.26.89.013001
    Version # Under the Play Button: 10.0.96.013001

6. Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …)

I uh, don't really know i just know that its all up to date and some even exceeds. (Graphics card and such).

7. Did you start a new game for Pets or are you playing an existing ones

I started a new game since my other existing ones have CC in them.

8. What town are you playing ? EA or Custom ?

EA's Appaloosa Plains.
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @Sherry1968: Did you delete your cache files as well and do you have advanced rendering on ?

I did not try deleting the cache files yet, I will try that now. All of my graphics are maxed out, and advanced rendering is on.

I deleted the cache files, but no change.

Pictures of the black hole phenomenon:

CASeyepic-1.jpg

eyepic-1.jpg

This is the same exact horse in CAS and in game. There is no eye highlight, which makes it look flat, but the color is also different. And I knew the coat color was also different, but now I can see how different it is. I have seen this also in other pictures posted by different people of their horses.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @Iomai: Did you just rip Awesome out or did the necessary uninstalling steps ? To see if you can start a new game, you can try this: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-game-to-factory.html

As for your existing games, you will need to ask someone that uses Awesome mod

@Sherry1968: Are your graphic drivers updated and do you see any irregularities with other animals ? I'll add your issue though.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    This is the same exact horse in CAS and in game. There is no eye highlight, which makes it look flat, but the color is also different. And I knew the coat color was also different, but now I can see how different it is. I have seen this also in other pictures posted by different people of their horses.
    Where are you playing out of?

I've noticed with Hidden Springs, they started controlling the ambient lighting of the world. They didn't do this with the previous worlds, but the ambient light does change the way Sims, objects, etc. are lit during certain times of day. For example: Appaloose Plains have darker morning but lighter evenings. Hidden Springs have a brighter morning but a strong orange hue as the sun goes down.
  • Options
    smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    @Crinrict: How's your daughter feeling this morning? Although I think its afternoon where you are in Europe by now.

As for the replacing the house, what do you mean exactly, just moving? copying the house, deleting and replacing it?
  • Options
    Allhopeisgone9Allhopeisgone9 Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi I just downloaded and installed the sims 3 pets but now its crashing, I wanted to do the Data Execution Prevention for it but I cannot find pets when i try to add the expansion pack to the DEP tab under performance settings. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    She's feeling a lot better. Thanks for asking.

1. Make a backup of your town (save as under a different house or copy on the overview page)
    2. Move the household including the house to the bin
    3. Bulldoze the lot
    4. Place the lot from the Bin.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2011
    @ Crinrict -- Yes, graphics drivers are up to date. And sorry, I haven't really played any other animals yet. I will try to update if I do.

ZeekSlider wrote:
    Sherry1968 wrote:

I've noticed with Hidden Springs, they started controlling the ambient lighting of the world. They didn't do this with the previous worlds, but the ambient light does change the way Sims, objects, etc. are lit during certain times of day. For example: Appaloose Plains have darker morning but lighter evenings. Hidden Springs have a brighter morning but a strong orange hue as the sun goes down.

ZeekSlider -- It is in Appaloosa Plains, but it doesn't matter, the coat and eye color never come close to what they are in CAS, and the eyes are ALWAYS creepy black holes, no matter the time of day.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    @ Crinrict -- Yes, graphics drivers are up to date. And sorry, I haven't really played any other animals yet. I will try to update if I do.

ZeekSlider wrote:
    Sherry1968 wrote:

ZeekSlider -- It is in Appaloosa Plains, but it doesn't matter, the coat and eye color never come close to what they are in CAS, and the eyes are ALWAYS creepy black holes, no matter the time of day.

Someone made a thread about that way back somewhere and it turns out that part of it is the fact that there is no or barefly visible whites of the eyes and it's probably the fact that there is no reflection that makes it seem like that.

@Crinrict: Thats for the mailbox jumping bug thing right? I've only had that once, but I'll try the house fix.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Someone made a thread about that way back somewhere and it turns out that part of it is the fact that there is no or barefly visible whites of the eyes and it's probably the fact that there is no reflection that makes it seem like that.

Well, that's a good thought, but no it's not just that. As I said, they look fine in CAS, but in game they look like black holes. Anyway, real horses very often don't have too much white visible, although some do. The highlight or reflection would definitely help, but the color is not even close to the same.

It may be that this is only for custom or advanced eye colors, so I could try that and see.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @smjjames: Yes.

Crashing issues still go in the technical forum. Check the first post for a link to a thread or some tips on DEP.

@Sherry1968: I'll add your issue later

I'll be gone for a few hours.

see you later.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SG98SG98 Posts: 821 Member
    edited October 2011
    DEFORMED PETS.
  • Options
    BudokayBudokay Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    I have the problem that my pets only dogs and cats don't learn hunting skill, i found a way but it takes off all the fun of the game. The my horse learn the jumping and racing skill really slowly :cry::cry::cry: The way i fixed it is putting the "testingcheatsenabled true" :twisted: then making the stats static, then the dog and cat learn how to hunt aand stuff. Are there any other people with this problem???
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @both: Please refer to the first page.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    lilmissangel21lilmissangel21 Posts: 91
    edited October 2011
    just started playing pets and found out my sim cannot click on her pet dog, the dog can interact with the sim but not vice versa.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just got one of those mutated looking strateched animations.

Strechy animals when using certain interactions
    - Which interactions cause strecky animals? It was when my dog was transitioning from playful chase (I believe) to dig hole. The transition was autonomous. I'm not exactly sure which interaction as the description wasn't there (like it was cancelling), but he was doing playful chase, so I can assume thats what it was.
    - Are the animals little owns or grown? Well, two animals, the dog is an adult and the horse is a baby.
    - Are toddlers involved as well? Well, a baby horse was involved
  • Options
    lilmissangel21lilmissangel21 Posts: 91
    edited October 2011
    just started playing pets and found out my sim cannot click on her pet dog, the dog can interact with the sim but not vice versa.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

fixed this issue

i uninstalled create a pet demo (forgot i had that still on here)

also i deleted cache files

now it works yipee
  • Options
    KatieYoureSoRudeKatieYoureSoRude Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My horses appear completely black in CAP and while playing with a family. At first all pets were doing this, but now it's only horses (and a wild deer I saw). They have no discernible features and are completely blacked out, not just their coat color appearing that way. All breeds, regardless of color appear this way, though the manes and tails are normal. Even when adopting/buying horses, in the window to do so they appear black and I cannot see what colors they are. I have tried reinstalling, the live help chat, and calling customer service.
    1. Are you using any CC or mods ?
    Nope
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used them
    4. What EPs do you own
    All of them
    5. What patch level (game version) are you currently at. I need the version of your base game. You find it in your launcher when you hover over the base game icon. I need the one that starts with 1.xx
    Nothing comes up when I hover over the launcher but it says Version 10.0.96.013001 under game updates
    6. Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …)
    Mac Book Pro with Lion 10.7.2, 2.3 GHz Inter Core i5 processor, 4 GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    7. Did you start a new game for Pets or are you playing an existing ones
    Both
    8. What town are you playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA towns, have tried Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, and Appaloosa Plains
  • Options
    ecie517ecie517 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2011
    A couple things I've seen is, when a sim is bathing a cat the sims arms and the cat are up in the air above the bath. Also, sims using a guitar in public get stuck and the guitar is in the air in front of them. Plus, my sim and horse are stuck in the equestrian center after a competition.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    This may have already been reported but I'm reporting it just in case it hasn't. My Sim is in the Fashion Design career. She had an opportinity to give a Sim a makeover. The customer wanted new makeup. When my Sim arrived at the client's home, it turned out that the client was the foal in the barn. Was good for a laugh, but I don't think this was EA's intention. :wink:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    sebiche3000sebiche3000 Posts: 362 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi, here's my problem, nothing really huge but kind of bothering.

See-through animals
    That's what i see in my game
    screenshot1575.jpg
    (graphic was to lowest)The thing that's bother me it's the fact that in the demo, it doesnt look like that, it's actually looking great, so why in my game ?

Info
    - No mods
    - Game freshly reinstalled

- Whos pic can I use for my blog
    You can use my pic if you want
    - Do you guys have advanced rendering on
    I have
    - Is it only the fur or do you have other graphical issues ?
    Only have this issue
    - What is your graphic card and are your drivers up-to-date ?
    They are and my card is
    radeonf.png
  • Options
    LumLotusLumLotus Posts: 42
    edited October 2011
    @crinrict
    Turning on Advanced Rendering doesn't fix the blocky pet thing.
    If its off though it looks like the transparent pets.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top