Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oahu: Final Version Released

Comments

• Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited September 2011
    :oops: doubled up

figured it out, thank you

Post edited by Unknown User on
    oow785m
  • Options
    luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    edited September 2011
    Installed in Oahu. Simply adorable. I have not yet seen any city that is so detailed and beautifully designed. And we are still crying that the city slowly rises. However, I found some incompatibilities. I want to write about.
    City to me every few seconds, stops for a moment. Freezes. It was not improved when their computers. Now the city has grown. I have 8Gb of RAM and a new video card GeForce GTX 550 Ti. But the game still freezes. Graphics load quickly. But I wonder if the city has so many houses and each house is abnormally stuffed with furniture. With furniture can cram one house, which I played, but for which all. I will be consumed within a week to remove furniture from all over the city.
    There is something wrong with the sky. Cloudy all the time. Sun is felt only immediately after dawn. One day the sun jumped 8.00, the other morning at 8:50. The sky should be blue. It's Hawaii. Cloud not visible shadows on the ground. but looking at the sky it seems that is about to start raining. Maybe we have rain during the period? At night there are no stars. And the sky some kind of strange, wavy, and drawing.
    Abnormally expensive lots. Two large lots on the golf course pays 1 million. Well excuse me. There have already used the money code, who can earn million for the land. Just next to the beach, still the best place 2x smaller piece of land just 1200th Also, lots of tongue 40x40 Sea, at the very end of the island abnormally expensive. But thank goodness still empty. I would like to remain empty. A beautiful place where you can build your own house.
    Parking at the golf course designated as a residential house.
    Beautiful Chinese red bar doorman screaming in his place stands a lion.

And here is a wonderful shop soon, which everyone can put yourself in the game.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4502712
  • Options
    koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the correction

You're welcome :wink:
  • Options
    blackberry_dogblackberry_dog Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2011
    do you know when you will release the beta with no cc? I'm just dying to test this with no cc and lag!
  • Options
    benbluebenblue Posts: 612
    edited September 2011
    So? When will the non cc version be done? Is there any releas date?
  • Options
    ejavornikejavornik Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    It's a very very nice world!! Gotta ask, what is the water "texture" your using? Your water is just lovely. I'm a world biulder too so i was thinking maybe I could use the same texture for my water...
  • Options
    EuniceLovexEuniceLovex Posts: 8
    edited October 2011
    Hey... :3

I recently downloaded, and when I try to start a game with it, right when the loading bar is 2 centimeters from being full...BAM! It crashes.

Could this be because I don't have World Adventures? Please please please help. :)
  • Options
    JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited October 2011
    Could this be because I don't have World Adventures? Please please please help. :)

You need all the expansion packs on the front page.

No-CC Version Uploaded

I don't know why people have an almost superstitious dislike of custom content, I guarantee you that the version with custom content runs no worse than this one, but anyways...
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited October 2011
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    It's...
    So...
    BIG!!!
    Is this all in one world?!?!
    Are there any tombs???
  • Options
    xmerokoxxmerokox Posts: 149 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Jasumi wrote:
    I don't know why people have an almost superstitious dislike of custom content, I guarantee you that the version with custom content runs no better than this one, but anyways...

I love CC! I'm always amazed by what people create for the game. I think there's a lot of misinformation about CC and lag in custom worlds based on what I've read around the forums, when it's more likely due to bad routing or some other factor(s). Bridgeport lags like crazy compared to your world. But I can understand the concern for using CC in general when in the past, there have been reports of specific CC causing problems.

OT: I am so amused by your current avatar :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    xmerokox wrote:
    OT: I am so amused by your current avatar :lol:
    Eherlich is pleased you like his alter-ego Cinnamin Deluxe :lol:
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    It's...
    So...
    BIG!!!
    Is this all in one world?!?!
    Are there any tombs???
    Yes, one world :lol:

Hmm, didn't make any tombs. I am trying to make a working volcano though, but it's time consuming...

• Options
    koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Jasumi wrote:

No-CC Version Uploaded

I don't know why people have an almost superstitious dislike of custom content, I guarantee you that the version with custom content runs no worse than this one, but anyways...

I like custom content, but I don't like downloading CC just because it's required for a lot or world.

EDIT: Changed the sentence a little
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ejavornik wrote:
    It's a very very nice world!! Gotta ask, what is the water "texture" your using? Your water is just lovely. I'm a world biulder too so i was thinking maybe I could use the same texture for my water...

Oops, I missed you :oops:

I used rflong's water textures, can't find the world she uploaded them with though...

But to make the water so light blue, I had to create custom INI files...
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited October 2011
    beautiful world you have made. I downloaded it and went into the game and it is stunning !!! however the clock skips 3 to 4 mins at a time and also it keeps on crashing after playing for 15 min. I have all expansion packs but none of the sp's, also i am using the no cc version might you know what is causing this ?
  • Options
    niceguypmpIIIniceguypmpIII Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2011
    double post.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Everytime I try to download the one without CC It lets me download it, but it says it is an unknown file type and I can't do anything with it. Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited October 2011
    yesme88 wrote:
    beautiful world you have made. I downloaded it and went into the game and it is stunning !!! however the clock skips 3 to 4 mins at a time and also it keeps on crashing after playing for 15 min. I have all expansion packs but none of the sp's, also i am using the no cc version might you know what is causing this ?

A dead RAM.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited October 2011
    yesme88 wrote:

As I recall, Jasumi said that the game tries to spawn a lot of service NPCs (over 100) and she also said that if you do not have the CC bridge your game will lag like hell. I think you have found lag-hell.
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited October 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    yesme88 wrote:

A dead RAM.
    sorry but what does dead ram mean?
  • Options
    benbluebenblue Posts: 612
    edited October 2011
    Please can you upload no cc version in sims 3 pack format?

Kind regards
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hmm, didn't notice I uploaded the wrong file...

Anyways, fixed..
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Jasumi, I just tried it again and it is still file type "file" I can download the version With cc and it's a compressed file that I can do something with, but the NO CC version isn't a valid file format.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Re-uploaded, try again :!:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Jasumi! That fixed it. It is a sims3pack file now :) Now I just have to purchase Generations to be able to play. I can't wait to check out the world though as soon as i'm able to!!!
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited October 2011
    Very beautiful world, congratulations!

Unfortunately too many cc items. I downloaded all of them and started playing but... just too slow and a few crashes.

I understand that it goes easier using cc items, if our wish is to make a world unique. Unfortunately it brings too many problems with it...