May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oahu: Final Version Released

Comments

• Options
    benbluebenblue Posts: 612
    edited September 2011
    Excited for no cc beta :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited September 2011
    I'll test the no CC one!
  • Options
    DancingSimmerDancingSimmer Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2011
    Downloading the world right now. :)
    I'm AneurinK on the gallery for The Sims 4. Look me up.
  • Options
    stelpastelpa Posts: 141
    edited September 2011
    Looks amazing :thumbup:
  • Options
    LeeMortisLeeMortis Posts: 557 Member
    edited September 2011
    Stunning views in this world.

Really like what you've done with the foliage. It all looks very real and natural. Great job!

The golfing area is really cool as well, and I love the road textures you've used on the highway.

I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on this world!
  • Options
    blackberry_dogblackberry_dog Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2011
    is there a reason why when i just downloaded this and got to the home screen,, it said there was a disc authorization failure and I had to contact customer support? Then I restarted my game and while I was in CAS, my game crashed. Is there CC in this world?
  • Options
    JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited September 2011
    Do you have the Pets demo installed? A world file can't do that to your game...

And some bad news: power is out :(

Work on the no-CC version later....
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited September 2011
    Meh, stupid power outages. I'll be waiting for it to come on for the no CC!
  • Options
    manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I have been waiting for this my whole life lol. Thanks :'D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    When will the cc version be done?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    opps double post
  • Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited September 2011
    EllyNight wrote:
    Oh thank god, atleast the beach clubs are saved from EA's horrible designs. Oh and I'm guessing we just need the bridge CC so the game doesn't lag, so we could go without the cruise and airport CC?

Oh please don't remove the cc from your world. Doing so would just detract from its creativity and originality.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    everything running fine now, but is beta 3 cc i just wanna make that clear?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    everything running fine now, but is beta 3 cc i just wanna make that clear?

Beta 3 has cc, However jasumi will upload a non cc version soon[/u.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    oh ok now i need to uninstall this world cuz my game crashed will this remove all the cc from my game?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    oh ok now i need to uninstall this world cuz my game crashed will this remove all the cc from my game?

If you installed oahu with cc, The cc doesnt install when you install the world.
  • Options
    nikksterrnikksterr Posts: 10
    edited September 2011
    Lawdy Jesus, I don't know what happen. I had the first demo on my game but after I downloaded the Creat a pet demo. I lost the ENTIRE WORLD. -___- Oh well. Gonna download beta 3 now
  • Options
    LondonMichelleLondonMichelle Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Jasumi...

I am unable to download the beta 3 version..my computer states that the compressed file in invalid. I wanted to know if you can re-post the link.

I have downloaded the previous versions without any problems, and would love some help so that I can play this new world with all the custom content also.

Thanks... :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Jasumi...

I am unable to download the beta 3 version..my computer states that the compressed file in invalid. I wanted to know if you can re-post the link.

I have downloaded the previous versions without any problems, and would love some help so that I can play this new world with all the custom content also.

Thanks... :)

No theres nothing wrong with the link. To open the Zip you need to have winrar or 7Zip to extract the files from the Zip.

Without any of those programs you will be unable to open the zip.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I tried opening the compressed file with winrar and windows explorer. I will download 7zip, but don't see why the other two programs wouldn't open the file unless there was a problem.

Thanks for suggestion
  • Options
    mundusesmunduses Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I have tried out dozens and dozens of custom worlds during my long Sims 3 escapades, and this, I must say, is the finest world so far. Not that I expected anything less from you, one of my favourite creators.

I love the detail, the highly realistic feel, the nature and scenery, the vastness and versatility of the high-rise building sections. It feels like a real place when there's actually different "city" areas and not just one. And thanks also for placing the city hall in the middle of the most important looking city area of the world and not somewhere out in the suburbs, like in many other worlds.

And finally a world with a REAL nature. I swear, you seem like the first creator who isn't afraid of trees. These woods actually feel like wild woods, with their complex amount of different bushes, trees and flowers.

Are you going to build more residential houses on Ho'opi'i Way? The area in general feels a bit unconnected to the rest of the world, somehow. Perhaps it's just the lack of houses, I don't know.

I may be a bit puzzled over the benefit of the golf course, though. I understand that it's part of the world and is one of the elements that make it so realistic (and additionally it's very beautiful to look at from town view!) but I wonder if it's maybe a bit too much, considering you can't really make use of it in any good way. Anyway, I'm quite sure you're going to keep it, and I will accept the world as it is nevertheless!

The only thing that's directly bugging me, is the lag with the sim clock + the sim movements. The problem's probably is at my end, but I can't figure out what's doing it. I have a high-end computer (8GB RAM, i7, GTX460... etc.) and even when removing all CC(merged packages) and mods the never-ending 3-6 sec lags do not stop.

It's not constantly stuttery or laggy, but those several-seconds-long "full stops" happen about every 60 sim minutes. So quite often. All background animations (leaves, water, everything) and the sounds/music continue to play but the clock and the sims' movements do a full stop.

Well, this world is so fantastic that I will have to live with the lag, it's worth it! :)
  • Options
    koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I tried opening the compressed file with winrar and windows explorer. I will download 7zip, but don't see why the other two programs wouldn't open the file unless there was a problem.

Thanks for suggestion

You don't open the file, you extract it.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the correction
  • Options
    JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the correction
    Did you get it all figured out?

Oh, and thanks to everyone who helped :D
    munduses wrote:
    Are you going to build more residential houses on Ho'opi'i Way? The area in general feels a bit unconnected to the rest of the world, somehow. Perhaps it's just the lack of houses, I don't know.

Probably not. I don't want the save file to get too big. But I'm sure you have some lovely homes from your bin that you could place there...
    munduses wrote:
    I may be a bit puzzled over the benefit of the golf course, though. I understand that it's part of the world and is one of the elements that make it so realistic (and additionally it's very beautiful to look at from town view!) but I wonder if it's maybe a bit too much, considering you can't really make use of it in any good way. Anyway, I'm quite sure you're going to keep it, and I will accept the world as it is nevertheless!

Well pretty much, as you stated, it gives the world variety and I really wanted a chain of islands, but wanted to do something special with it, and no resort is complete without a golf course :-o
    munduses wrote:
    It's not constantly stuttery or laggy, but those several-seconds-long "full stops" happen about every 60 sim minutes. So quite often. All background animations (leaves, water, everything) and the sounds/music continue to play but the clock and the sims' movements do a full stop.
    Glad you're enjoying your stay in Oahu :lol:

As the for the lag, I trimmed it down considerably after squashing some of the weird bugs I found. And it does not seem to lag for me anymore, but I have noticed that the game really slows down when you switch households or load lots frequently. This tends to happen when people first start up a new world too (ie. planting new families, venues, etc...) Restarting usually helps.

If not, try the solutions on the front page.

And to those waiting for the No-CC version, I'll have it up soon (have to finish another page of an essay first :?)
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited September 2011
    I didn't have the gas station links, so it doesn't look right, do you have the link for it? I dl'd version 3 with the list of cc shown in OP. Everything else so far looks fantastic, thanks for sharing your wonderful talents :D
    oow785m