Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated Building a Yacht!! a basic framework by Ralphael (Expanded version)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    markmcveighmarkmcveigh Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have a question for all of you experienced architects. if anyone can help me it wouldhelp my future building. So what I want to know how do you build a bridge over water? I've been trying to build a castle and it would be perfect if i could make a moat!!!!!! I love you're creations RalphaelNinja and respect you as an architect. I'm sorry for using your post as a way to ask my own question. :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    VampireMikeVampireMike Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'd also like to add that that's looking amazing thus far Jokera :mrgreen:
    Just don't all a sudden decide to give up on it as we'll all be :cry:
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JOKERA_USJOKERA_US Posts: 131 New Member
    edited July 2009
    thanks for the clarification!

I wanted to get a better design but alas i keep hitting the ceiling. i kept having my ship go above the limit on high i could build.

here is my third attempt at the tutorial. the second attempt was getting really screwed up. on this third attempt i wasnt able to add any sails. i think i may have to make my designs smaller so i can add sails. for some reason i just make these things huge.

i forgot some interior shots.
    LOL i made the pics smaller this time around

Screenshot-117.jpg
    Screenshot-119.jpg

randomw order here. sorry

Screenshot-148.jpg
    Screenshot-147.jpg
    [/IMG]
    Screenshot-153.jpg
    Screenshot-160.jpg
    Screenshot-157.jpg
    Screenshot-158.jpg
    Screenshot-159.jpg
    Screenshot-160.jpg
    Screenshot-161.jpg
    Screenshot-171.jpg
    Screenshot-180.jpg
    Screenshot-174.jpg
    Screenshot-163.jpg
    Screenshot-176.jpg

thats all she wrote folks!
    ill be trying later to perfect my technique after i finish a house design for sims2.
    thanks again!

*edit*
    i saw in my first attempt that i didnt use walls. so, ill have to see if i can cut a floor or two down to pillars or something.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    purtyfulpurtyful Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    how do you find your yacht on the actual game after you download it from the exchange?
  • Options
    RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited July 2009
    purtyful wrote:
    how do you find your yacht on the actual game after you download it from the exchange?

1. double click on the sims3pack where you downloaded it to.... might be in your documents/electronic arts/the sims3/download folder.
    2. this will start up the sims3 game launcher and the installer and once it is done installing, click ok
    3. in the game,
    a. click edit town
    b. on the bar to your bottom right, click on show empty houses
    c. select the yacht and find an empty lot to place it

hope that helps ...
    Ralphael
    Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited July 2009
    How did you do the signature, if you don't mind me asking? I could use on to advertise my movies...

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Mmyoko wrote:
    How did you do the signature, if you don't mind me asking? I could use on to advertise my movies...

- Mmyoko out.

hiya Mmyoko, I did my sig in photoshop using an animated gif. There is a way to convert an avi to individual frames but I couldn't do it so I gave up trying on avi to gif.

Mine are snapshot of "My studio" and cropped into individual frames, then animated at 3 seconds intervals.
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited July 2009
    LOL Too complex! I'll just stick to the signature I have currently, for now.

But I would like to make my own...

- Mmyoko out.

• Options
    VampireMikeVampireMike Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    So Raphael you gonna give us a hint on what your next project is? :P
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So Raphael you gonna give us a hint on what your next project is? :P

Actually there has already been several since the yacht :P but I do think this was probably the pinnacle and favorite of all my lots.

Good versus Bad - Ralphael's Chess Battlefield
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/58982.page

Pocket Mini Castle 23x23 lot
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/63876.page

Sir Ralphael Airship
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/61954.page

As to future lots, I never have any idea of whats next until a blank lot reveals itself.

During construction, my lots are filled with deformed walls that looks so chaotic that those whom I share some preliminary photo shots thinks that the lot was done by a child.

They laugh at the chaos until slowly something interesting emerges and both them (the ones that I share my photos with) and I figure this was probably what I was aiming for in the first place but didn't know it (or at least I pretend that was what I was designing). :P

• Options
    XerozXeroz Posts: 189 New Member
    edited August 2009
    wow... looks too complicated fro me to do tho =\
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Xeroz wrote:
    wow... looks too complicated fro me to do tho =\

You have to think in terms of playing the game... it is no more difficult then running through a game level such as Mario World, hundreds of time to find all the coins.

CFE (constrainfloorelevation on/off/true/false) simply allows you to bend a sheet/floor in sims, into various shapes. Rather then bending (raising/lowering the terrain) by eye/hand, the method shown here bends a series of tiles into a predefined height i.e. the bathtub form.

All this does is create the basic hull form to imply the shape of a ship, so that you can fill the middle with your house.

Don't be afraid of experimenting with CFE. There are basic rules of how a tile will react to the tools that are given.

Ctrl-Z is your friend when working with CFE. Experiment... After all you bought the game.... play with it.... pushing it to its limits.... and find all the coins within...
  • Options
    landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2009
    Well im still working on the battleship but now im having a problem. Iv'e got the hull worked on but i'm stuck I've got the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat on but The hull of the ship is not changing shape also in can't get the digging tool to work on the walls what am I doing wrong
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well im still working on the battleship but now im having a problem. Iv'e got the hull worked on but i'm stuck I've got the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat on but The hull of the ship is not changing shape also in can't get the digging tool to work on the walls what am I doing wrong

Tech support call:

Hello landonsmith....

constrainfloorelevation off - allows you to shape your floors.
    and
    constrainfloorelevation on - stops any modification to the floors

Turn it off / false.

Thank you for calling the Yacht framework hotline....
  • Options
    landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2009
    Thank you Ralphael but now im stuck on step 5. Part 2 my problem is getting the bottom of the hull underwater. are you supposed to use the lower terrain tool under the ship or the pond tool. If neither then what do i need to do because Im stuck and I read the step but I still don't get what Im supposed to do.

Also how do you get more than four floors

but aside from that i did get it completed but it was tacky and only 8 squares wide this time im doing it again but at 22 squares this time
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    drewwashere941drewwashere941 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited April 2010
    This is definitively the most creative and unique thing I have seen in the The Sims. Great job :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ponchieooponchieoo Posts: 1,417 Member
    edited June 2010
    I tried then the constrainfloorelevation true didnt work cant wait to see the ship!
  • Options
    MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi - great thread - hope you are still around?
    Is it possible that you could post your tutorial somewhere else than TS3
    The access to this place is so difficult if you are not using the English version

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top