Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruShannon is asking for our opinions on CAW on Twitter. ^_^

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sapphire96Sapphire96 Posts: 330
    edited August 2011
    I wish I could download CAW on my mac :(
  • Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I for one would like to see more decorative objects in CAW, maybe some more themed to certain world styles?

Also I think it would be great if we could get a wider range of fences/walls to include. Would be great if we could create them as we do in game - i.e. selecting a fence and then dragging a line to create a row, instead of having to sort out the individual fence segments - v time consuming :shock:

Umm... more options for pathways etc? More bridges and a wider range of trees!

Sorry my list could probably go on and on and on (etc :mrgreen:)

Gaz :)

P.S. More distant terrains to choose from?
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:
    Simsample- is there a way to do that without using s3cpe (im a mac user)?
    You need S3Pe, as you have to edit a resource. You can make S3Pe work on Mac under Mono though, you need to see the S3Pe forums for that.
    http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=189.0

mikitta47, I tweeted a link to this thread also, hopefully this thread will be seen!
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited August 2011
    edit: Nevermind :roll:
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2011

CAW PLAYERS: What do you like about CAW?

I my opinion the best tool EA ever given to simmers, amazed at how creative people have been with this tool.
    CAW PLAYERS: What do you use the most?

I like dabbling and slowly develope a world, still learning alot.
    CAW PLAYERS: What do you wish you could do?

I would like to see the fx's more accessable to users like the lighthouse fx, antique train fx, we now have to import them from other worlds to have them in the world we are creating and it's quite involved.

Be able to create custom weather.

CAS for world objects in the game. :)

• Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2011
    I've been slowly learning how to use Create a World and am starting to enjoy it. There is one thing that's been driving me crazy, though. I wish there were many, many more options of distant terrain or the ability to edit the distant terrain's appearance. Something like that? I haven't been doing much on my world, which is supposed to be a lakeside town surrounded with small rolling hills and lots of fields and farmland. Needless to say, I'm at a stand-still , trying to figure out the best way to go.
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited August 2011
    I still think the best solution to the rabbit hole issue is to make room markers that define those rooms as rabbit holes and black them out, like Hidden Rooms in Late Night.

Then we could just build a shell, throw the right marker inside it, and it would be a rabbit hole.

Am loving this idea! I didn't realize there were so many things I wish CAW had until reading some of these posts... I tweeted but just in case...

1. More distant terrain options PLEASE!
    2. More bridges, trees, signs, fences, decors, EVERYTHING
    3. Sliders to change the weather or appearance of would be awesome
    4. Populate in game, awesome
    5. Not so laggy and slow, awesome
    6. Better routing with subways - I hate subways but I love the idea and look of them... my sims just never take the logical route
    7. Determine types of sims populated (I don't want celebrities in the middle of a desert world!)
  • Options
    HeyWhatReubHeyWhatReub Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Edit: I suggested, under "what do you use most", that if they cull any feature, it should be AutoPaint. I *think* nobody would protest for even a split second.

Unless you use the lazy terrain painting method, in which case you might protest about the loss of AutoPaint.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2011
    How about some way for a creator to "Lock" their map? Have it password protected? That way, a creator could provide updates or corrections to an uploaded world, while keeping others from stealing it. :shock:
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited August 2011
    I think creators have to realise the same thing that game-designers have to realise: There are few, if any, technological barriers that can't be circumvented.

Most of the time, people don't steal worlds. A few people do. A user named Baydols STILL has a stolen copy of Niua Simoa up after many, many reports. We just have to live with it, really, and as a community we have to communicate so that people prefer and go first to the original creators. ^_^

I think we have a pretty good level of control over theft, atm.