Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruShannon is asking for our opinions on CAW on Twitter. ^_^

Today @SimGuruShannon has asked a number of questions about CAW on Twitter. I think everyone in the community should go answer them, even if it means making a twitter account, so that she has a good cross-section of responses from regular users.

http://twitter.com/#!/SimGuruShannon

She has asked:
CAW PLAYERS: What do you like about CAW?
CAW PLAYERS: What do you use the most?
CAW PLAYERS: What do you wish you could do?

This doesn't indicate changes are forthcoming. SimGuruGraham has repeatedly reminded players that no updates are currently planned for CAW, however this at least indicates they are considering it.

Go make your voice heard, if you've time. ^_^

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2011
    Today @SimGuruShannon has asked a number of questions about CAW on Twitter. I think everyone in the community should go answer them, even if it means making a twitter account, so that she has a good cross-section of responses from regular users.

http://twitter.com/#!/SimGuruShannon

She has asked:

This doesn't indicate changes are forthcoming. SimGuruGraham has repeatedly reminded players that no updates are currently planned for CAW, however this at least indicates they are considering it.

Go make your voice heard, if you've time. ^_^
    Thanks for the Info. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm glad she's doing this. Shows she cares :D
    I JUST deleted my twitter ):
    Oh well.
    I'll just answer them here :D

@CAW PLAYERS: What do you like about CAW?
    How you can create your own world! And how creative you can be! The possibilities really are endless.

@CAW PLAYERS: What do you use the most?
    I don't quite understand this one, but I guess I use the paint tool the most! Or maybe the place object tool, or whatever it's called :)

@CAW PLAYERS: What do you wish you could do?
    Oh gosh, there is a lot of things. But surprisingly, I can't think of much right now. I guess I just got so used to the CAW now I overlook the things we can't do and forget about them.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2011
    Gah :shock:

I don't use Twitter, but I'de LOVE to answer stuff :) Thanks Kiwi ;)

Oh, and if she asks to "change CAW up a little", say NO. I'm too used to it now. I love it the way it is! :lol:
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited August 2011
    *Waves to twitter follower*

-N3mb3r101
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited August 2011
    Heh, hi N3mb3r!

I tweeted this to Shannon:
    http://j.mp/oQf9OY I let the official CAW boards know you were asking. Some ppl are giving answers in the thread. ^_^

So if you don't have Twitter you may be safe replying in this thread. No guarantee, though.

I'm interested in hearing people's responses.
  • Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited August 2011

Make vacation worlds
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2011
    So if you don't have Twitter you may be safe replying in this thread. No guarantee, though.

I'm interested in hearing people's responses.

I wish I had a Twitter.. oh well. :lol::(

I have to go now, but when I come back I'll snoop around and see what people have to say. I sure hope EA aren't planning on changing or demolishing CAW :?

ETA; TJ - I completely and utterly agree!
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for this, tea_and_blues! I tweeted that I wanted to be able to flag worlds as cities, and also for CAW to automatically resize images to make the thumbnail images (as many people have trouble withthis).
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    MicheleMagusMicheleMagus Posts: 47 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'll answer here too.

The ability to craft a new base world, or make a clone of an existing one.

Terraforming and adding lots to "imported" copies of game worlds.

Recraft / make clones of the base and vacation worlds without needing a funky array of tools :D
    Ability to make New Vacation worlds
    Place Ghost sims attached to an in world tombstone, Non Player ghosts.
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Kiwi :mrgreen:

This is what I tweeted,

Populate worlds without Mods, Change effects without tweaking ini files (Sliders for water color, Sky colors, ect.)

Designate worlds as vacation worlds easily, so once installed in game, they become a selectable vacation spot.

Small rabitthole objects, like Jynx's Rabbithole Rugs, and doors, that come from EA, so everyone has them.

Allow or disallow certain clothing to aid keeping the theme of a world. ie, medieval, western, futuristic, ect.
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited August 2011
    MY hope is that they are planning to UPGRADE it and get it back into sync with the expansions. Right now, things work for me ... but just barely. There are so many lag issues and other problems. It's like trying to nurse a jalopy car down the road when it needs new shocks, new brakes, new plugs and an oil change. For now, the starter is still firing ... most of the time.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    CAW is a HUGE memory hog, from what I've seen. It works fine for me on this machine which has more RAM than you can shake a cat at, but on my husband's computer it basically doesn't work at all. It would be nice if is was a little more resource friendly, mikitta47, you're right.

Edit: I suggested, under "what do you use most", that if they cull any feature, it should be AutoPaint. I *think* nobody would protest for even a split second.
  • Options
    WombasticWombastic Posts: 116
    edited August 2011
    Replies tweeted; Populate in game is my #1 too. Enviro sliders is a great idea!

I use Auto-paint for only one type of world; one with dirt/dust blown over rock, I would not mourn it vanishing.
  • Options
    corndog00corndog00 Posts: 271
    edited August 2011
    You can flag a world as a vacation spot or city:
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374&highlight=City

It's posted by someone named....simsample. :roll:

It worked for me. In the first BETA for my project, it was called a regular town. Then I added that file in with S3PE and now in the Public BETA, taxis are everywhere.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2011
    Twitter? No, I dont do that. :oops:

But here goes anyways.

I probably use the 'Save' function more than any other.;)

As others have said, the ability to add sims, make a world a 'holiday destination', make a world a City.

Plus, the ability to create custom rabbitholes would be nice. Having all of the available objects & textures would be great too.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    corndog00 wrote:

Yeah, that's me. But I want them to add this facility to CAW, so that people don't have to use S3Pe to mod their worlds. That's what this conversation is about, what we want EA to add to CAW. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2011
    I can't get a twitter but i'm really annoyed that they don't have a square terrain editor! Can someone please tweet this!
  • Options
    HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited August 2011
    :)Id say a eyedropper tool and a hammer tool.I think that would mack it a bit easier to do things.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I still think the best solution to the rabbit hole issue is to make room markers that define those rooms as rabbit holes and black them out, like Hidden Rooms in Late Night.

Then we could just build a shell, throw the right marker inside it, and it would be a rabbit hole.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2011
    I still think the best solution to the rabbit hole issue is to make room markers that define those rooms as rabbit holes and black them out, like Hidden Rooms in Late Night.

Then we could just build a shell, throw the right marker inside it, and it would be a rabbit hole.

That would be nice. Some RHs I can see why they are what they are, but others, like the Bookstore? Why does the Bookstore (or Bistro or Diner) have to be a RH?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    corndog00 wrote:

It worked for me. In the first BETA for my project, it was called a regular town. Then I added that file in with S3PE and now in the Public BETA, taxis are everywhere.

so it is possible for us to make vacation worlds 0_0
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't have a twitter account, and I'm not gonna. Mostly because I don't know anybody that uses it.

Anyways, can somebody mention that they would like to be able to make Sims in CAW, and that they would also like to create vacation worlds that you could have an option to travel to with World Adventures without having to replace the official vacation worlds for me?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:
    so it is possible for us to make vacation worlds 0_0
    Yes, it's mentioned in that thread that corndog00 linked to. But, so far we can only replace the current vacation worlds (so, you can only have three) or else make a main world French, Egyptian or Chinese. It's all in that thread, post any questions there. :)

will2586, what do you mean by square terrain editor? Do you mean a square brush?

bunbunnyny- I tweeted that for you.
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Simsample- is there a way to do that without using s3cpe (im a mac user)?
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Tea and Blues - I've been asking for the programmable room marker ball for a very long time! I DID tweet it in what we would like to see because maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will see that and think - hey that's a good idea.

I also tweeted to add the ability to put sims into our worlds via CAW/EIG and functional tomb stones with ghosts. In fact, here are my exact tweets ...
    I like that I have a tool, as badly as it needs an upgrade, to create worlds that others like to play in.

were you aware that MOST of the patches BREAK CAW? Re-downloading the tool doesn't fix it.

Give us the ability to add sims into our created worlds including relationships and functional gravestones.

Have more distant terrain options, including land locked terrains..

Also, it would be cool if we could choose a 4096x4096 sculptable square option where the middle 2048x2048 is where we build.

The ability to build tunnels through mountains.

Make sure that all the possible items from each expansion and stuff pack are available to use in CAW.

I wish I had a single object - a room marker ball - that I could program to be any combination of rabbit holes. You set the room marker ball in your build and right shift click on it to program it to the RH or multi-RH desired. EA RH objects are very nice, and they fit in many 'hoods that are modern, but they do not fit in non-EA visionist worlds.

You might also try reading the CAW forum on The Sims 3 Forums and post for ideas to improve the tool.

As for autopaint ... I actually do use it on occasion - it worked very well for Piper Sound. The greater your elevation difference in the smaller amount of linear space, the better that function works. Which means the more sheer cliffs you have, the better it will work for you.

God Bless