Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ITS GOING TO BE SIMS 3 PETS NOT HORSE/COUNTRY LIFE/PETS 3!!!

Comments

• Options
    EvilJasonEvilJason Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm sorry, but the Pets expansion is NOT the right choice for the next one. Horses? REALLY? The Sims do not need Horses, they need weather, business opportunities, heck, REAL apartments would be better than pets.
  • Options
    MorgleMorgle Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    inna8118 wrote:
    First, I wasn't trying to be negative. I just dont see this happening.
    Secondly, once again training, riding, competing on horse takes a lot of time. How will EA incorporate that will the basic needs of taking care of your sims ?
    And yes the EA will create an exciting,new pets expansion pack but some of these ideas are way to complicated. For example: I just read on one post that some people want to milk cows. Yes I would think that would be very cool and funny to see my sims milking a cow. But there is no way EA can incorporate realism if they create cows in a pets expansion pack. Cows need to be milked at exactly the same time every single day. They need to have water, food, shelter, vaccinations and many more stuff. This is just for cows. People also want horses, goats, chickens, donkeys, mules, and other farm animals and they want it to be as real as possible.
    Sounds to me like an entirely different game. (maybe Sims 3 Farm Stories will be created).
    Happy Simming :mrgreen:

Well if they were aiming for as real as possible, your babies would cry non stop, you wouldn't be able to tell why, and they would need vaccinations too. I really don't think its crucial to the game that you have them, and milk them at the same time, the fact is its a complexity of real life farming that is unnecessary to add to the game play. It can be realistic without all that. Maybe your cows could get ****** if you don't milk them on a day.... that whole exploding udder thing... anyway, my point is just that it can be realistic without being on the nose. Its not like my parents and their parents before them were never 15 or even an hour late on the milking. As far as chickens, they could just make a nest for you to click to collect eggs and some food dishes, and horse stables for brushing, and then cleaning, they probably wouldn't include breaking the horse, just tricks like you would in equestrian games. anyhow... just saying
  • Options
    MichelleXHIMMichelleXHIM Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    inna8118 wrote:
    I have read a lot of posts with people saying that they want horses, farm animals, and zoo animals in the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack. I'm sorry to break it to you but that will never happen. People want to train, ride, and compete on their horses. That sounds like an entirely different game. If you want that buy Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge. If you want zoo animals theres a game called Zoo Tycoon 2. Yes there will probably be a Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack, but it will not have all of these animals.Yes there will be dogs, cats, small animals. There will be more breeds/species. They might include a miniature horse that is as big as a tall dog and you can take care of it and make them do tricks. But all the other animals will not be created.Well we will see what happens!

HA ******* THERE ARE HORSES IN IT. RELEASE DATE IN FALL 2011 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MichelleXHIMMichelleXHIM Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    glad we had an EA genius make this thread.... :roll:

horses are rideable, trainable, and customizable WIN
  • Options
    Pink_PwincessPink_Pwincess Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2011
    octojenn wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDFZupUPZvA

EDIT: this vid was "leaked" at the same time as the GEN video... which people though was fake

The video does appear to be fake. In my eyes, anyway. I know it is believed to be an early trailer.. But even leaked, why would they need two?
    This is a repeated expansion pack, and although it is something everyone wants, I don't think they'll hype it up as much as say.. Generations. Because we already know what's coming.

EvilJason wrote:
    I'm sorry, but the Pets expansion is NOT the right choice for the next one. Horses? REALLY? The Sims do not need Horses, they need weather, business opportunities, heck, REAL apartments would be better than pets.

I disagree with you for so many reasons.
    I absolutely hated The Sims 2: Seasons. The constant weather changing was annoying, my sims couldn't wear whatever they wanted outside, it had to be outerwear..

Horses are a great addition to the game, as in real life they are beautiful creatures with amazing talent and (mostly) gentle nature.

If you don't like the idea of horses in The Sims 3: Pets, simply don't buy it.
    The sims already have business opportunities of sorts. We have apartments. The reason they're like rabbit holes is because imagine if you had to load up every single apartment in the entire world you were playing. It would be even more brutal on your machines than it already is.
  • Options
    tokyokarintokyokarin Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    GUESS WHAT! :D They are coming out with a sims 3 pets this fall! :mrgreen: And it WILL have horses! :-o I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jthompson205jthompson205 Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    inna8118 wrote:
    I have read a lot of posts with people saying that they want horses, farm animals, and zoo animals in the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack. I'm sorry to break it to you but that will never happen.
    Sorry, but I just wanted to say: HA HA! In your face! :)
    Super excited about the new expansion!!
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited June 2011
    inna8118 wrote:
    I have read a lot of posts with people saying that they want horses, farm animals, and zoo animals in the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack. I'm sorry to break it to you but that will never happen.
    Sorry, but I just wanted to say: HA HA! In your face! :)
    Super excited about the new expansion!!

:lol:

I would have prefered weather.
    I can only hope pets aren't as much a pain as they were in Sims 2.
  • Options
    blabercatblabercat Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Yes we want farms, farm houses, barns, all farm animals and every thing to do with farming and hope it would be soon.
  • Options
    Miley_rocks1999Miley_rocks1999 Posts: 308
    edited June 2011
    Too be honest who would buy sims pets if it was just dogs and cats???? even sims 1 pets was better than that!!!!!!!! So they gotta make it even better. So If EA are just doing dogs, cats and small animals count me OUT!
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is one thread that the OP will have to eat his words. Never say never ! :mrgreen:
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    Teigan1997Teigan1997 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    inna8118 wrote:
    First, I wasn't trying to be negative. I just dont see this happening.
    Secondly, once again training, riding, competing on horse takes a lot of time. How will EA incorporate that will the basic needs of taking care of your sims ?
    And yes the EA will create an exciting,new pets expansion pack but some of these ideas are way to complicated. For example: I just read on one post that some people want to milk cows. Yes I would think that would be very cool and funny to see my sims milking a cow. But there is no way EA can incorporate realism if they create cows in a pets expansion pack. Cows need to be milked at exactly the same time every single day. They need to have water, food, shelter, vaccinations and many more stuff. This is just for cows. People also want horses, goats, chickens, donkeys, mules, and other farm animals and they want it to be as real as possible.
    Sounds to me like an entirely different game. (maybe Sims 3 Farm Stories will be created).
    !!!!!!!This is bull !!!!
  • Options
    neve251neve251 Posts: 16
    edited June 2011
    inna8118 wrote:
    I have read a lot of posts with people saying that they want horses, farm animals, and zoo animals in the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack. I'm sorry to break it to you but that will never happen. People want to train, ride, and compete on their horses. That sounds like an entirely different game. If you want that buy Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge. If you want zoo animals theres a game called Zoo Tycoon 2. Yes there will probably be a Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack, but it will not have all of these animals.Yes there will be dogs, cats, small animals. There will be more breeds/species. They might include a miniature horse that is as big as a tall dog and you can take care of it and make them do tricks. But all the other animals will not be created.Well we will see what happens!

Sorry to break it to you, but there is a Sims 3 Pets - and there is horses!!!! Look it up on YouTube, it's coming this autumn! I think that horses are a brilliant idea however zoo animals are file - maybe cattle and farm animals but no zoos!
  • Options
    adametokillforadametokillfor Posts: 76
    edited June 2011
    I remember reading something in Game Informer about how you can actually control your pets this time and mold them into characters of their own. It sounds pretty rad!
  • Options
    babyphat_6_9babyphat_6_9 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    ***? the trailer has sims riding horses... theres gonna be horses... and why not have horses in sims. what if you want your sims to be a farmer? I think that if you can make a musician or a surgeon you can make a farmer... Some people (not all) would like to ranch and have a truck and a horse.. and isnt sims an "adventure" game (without cheats) the whole point of the game is to create a life. this game is for people with open minds and losers who dont have real lives and sit in their basement making animated lives..
  • Options
    neve251neve251 Posts: 16
    edited June 2011
    I remember reading something in Game Informer about how you can actually control your pets this time and mold them into characters of their own. It sounds pretty rad!

Yeah, I read that too! :P I think it's actully going to happen. :lol: Some people complain about it :twisted: but they can just not control them - nobody is forceing them. :wink: In my opinion I like the idea! :)
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited June 2011
    People said there would not be horses and now there are. I hope we are lucky enough to get some farming additions. Maybe in a seasons EP.
  • Options
    That_Weird_KidThat_Weird_Kid Posts: 112
    edited June 2011
    Hehe, come on it can't be that bad. But if you see The Sims 3 Pets Announce trailer, clearly there are horses present. And the country/farming thing isn't so far from ordinary gameplay. Just plant veggies in a country-like setting and sell them in the market. But I'm sure you have nothing to worry about with the whole country thing cause so far, pets is just normal house pets(and horses). If they where gonna make a country themed neighborhood they would need to add more greens like corn and they'd need to add cows and stuff. But they've only shown cats, dogs, and horses. And I'm sure they won't add any chickens or cows since in the world of sims, stakes and eggs come from plants remember? And a country neighborhood wouldn't be that bad! They have a pirate neighborhood, why shouldn't they make a country one? Though I don't think it'll have any horse races cause that would cause WAY too much lag, and the game already has plenty of that!
  • Options
    GerardoGerardo Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I love horses and I asked for horses since the Sims 2. Now we have horses and I am happy. We can have some farm animals and some crops later in order to create farms. I don´t think is a good idea to have a complete expansion dedicated to farms when there are more interesting things to do with the game.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    I like horses and glad that horses are in Pets
  • Options
    LittleAlphaLittleAlpha Posts: 11
    edited June 2011
    Wow, you made a thread just to crush people's hopes about the next game? Really? Let people hope and discuss, its probably part of what inspires the creative teams anyway. All input is good input, even if it can't be used.

Nice to meet you, my name is Nic, yours must be Killjoy
  • Options
    ElleOhElleElleOhElle Posts: 160 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I was wondering when I would see this thread again XD
  • Options
    SarahRain22SarahRain22 Posts: 67
    edited June 2011
    This thread is hilarious.
  • Options
    RACHELxx3RACHELxx3 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2011
    In Sims Pets, there is going to be dogs, cats, horses and wild animals such as raccoons, skunks, deers etc.
  • Options
    onthewallabyonthewallaby Posts: 227 New Member
    edited July 2011
    There will be cats, dogs, horses, many birds, fish, lizards, wild deer racoons etc.

You can train, race, jump horses.

Have a look at the videos and EA info sites.

There could be farms as there will be an Equestrian Centre for the horses, there are farms in the town Riverview (but no animals) and in the video it looks like a farm place.

;) :thumbup: