Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TEAM Building Challenge #15**Please Visit New Thread - See Last Post :)**

Comments

• Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Okay, phase 1 due tomorrow! How is everyone doing?

• Options
    AnonymousMistAnonymousMist Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2011
    well we're finished 1 well on our way with 2 I assume >.<
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Great! Hopefully we will see some more tomorrow! :wink:
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited June 2011
    i dont know if scorp or princess natasha posted but i joined up to do landscaping for them
  • Options
    KayBeaKayBea Posts: 388 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Team KCK Concepts Phase 1 :D

Link

Slideshow
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bergcrys wrote:
    i dont know if scorp or princess natasha posted but i joined up to do landscaping for them

Great Bergcrys! I will edit the team list. :wink:

Thanks KayBea!
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thank you AnonymousMist and Scorpiophoenix!
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited June 2011
    Congrats KFW Builders!
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited June 2011
    The Question Mark Team

Scorp - Architect
    PN - Interiors
    bergcrys - Landscape

Phase II Complete

LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4254127

PICTURES:
    http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/_Natasha_Sim_/Team Challenge 12/?albumview=slideshow
  • Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello all! My team is not yet out! I had uploaded my lot right before we left for florida, now it seems it is not online! I am asking for just a 3 day extension for my other team members, I will be back home today so Ill get it up there! Is this ok?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Princess_Natasha - Thanks!

Koman - Sure, go ahead! I would hate to see you drop out! It will be no problem to give you a couple of days more for phase 2. Do you mean you need three days past the final deadline as well? See what you can finish by then, maybe you will be able to finish by July 3rd. If not, let me know!
  • Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey all sorry for the delay, but here it is!

Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4258412
    media: http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m574/koman1231/Lighthouse/

sorry! i hope we can finish!
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited June 2011
    ASK Builders • Phase II • Landscaping

Lot

Media

AnonymousMist - architecture

Scoiattolo - landscaping

KittKat7147 - interiors
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited June 2011
    I am working interiors and was wondering if I could build with platforms?
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thank you Koman, and Cera, and Scoiattolo!

Kim, sure, you may use platforms!
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited July 2011
    ASK Builders • Final Phase

roof_up_large.jpg

AnonymousMist - architecture

Architecture Rationale: When I first saw the challenge I thought...lighthouses are so boring. However I had never actually been inside one (shocking since I live like 5 minutes away from one). SO I wanted to provide lots of space to be a kind of new vibrant community center for any and all kinds of Sims.
    In order to do that I used a clean-lined playon the traditional light house architecture with a bit of retro inspiration. There is a balcony surrounding the top floor so visitors can sit and enjoy a birds-eye-view of the harbour and surrounding areas. A concert area for those musicians and a small area for info booth.

Lot

Media

Scoiattolo - landscaping

Landscaping Rationale: Lighthouse Park has outdoor activities for everyone. Kids can play hopscotch or build sandcastles in the Play Area. Adults can swim, drink nectar with friends on the beautifully landscaped terrace, picnic while watching the weekly outdoor concerts with a breathtaking view of the Sunset Valley Lighthouse, or simple sit and enjoy the meditative sounds of the central fountain.

Lot

Media

KittKat7147 - interiors

Interiors Rationale: We wanted to provide plenty of space for visitors to have fun indoors as well as out. The information center provides exhibts and research space related to Sunset Valley's maritime history. The game room and snack bar on the first floor has plenty of activities from darts to chess to arcade games and even a music studio. The 2nd floor isn't open to the public but houses the staff lodging area. The 3rd floor contains a cafe where visitors can grab a bite to eat and enjoy the amazing views of the ocean. The fourth floor is an event space available for parties and other functions.

Lot

Media
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yay! Our first finished lighthouse! I see some great work here. Can't wait to see the rest!

Please check the list below if you have time and make sure I have all of your entries correct so far. I will update as I get more in.

Completed teams:

The Smokin' PJs
    Jasnik82 - architect Phase 1: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: Crocodile Rock was inspired by the beautiful Lizard Lighthouse, in Cornwall England. It is a victorian building with much charm, and is still standing strong today. My focus was of course the lighthouse itself, I wanted it to stand over the rest of the lot, so I kept the main building on just one floor. I terraformed the land to make the main building visible from the entrance of the park, and over the ticket office. I kept the original white exterior and added driftwood columns for a nice seaside theme, that complemented the white buildings. Inside I wanted to create space for a ticket office, since visitors will flock to see this wonderful historic building, its artifacts, and its beatiful gardens. I also left plenty of space for displaying objects of importance and places to have fun too. And lastly living accomodation for the brave sims that work tirelessly to keep our seasims safe.
    Peacemaker_ic - landscaper Phase 2: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: The gardens surrounding crocodile rock lighthouse are designed to welcome the visitors to this important heritage location. mimicking the pale colours of the buildings, the mature magnolias provided shade for many of the outdoor activities while lightly filling the air with the sweet scent of its large creamy flowers.
    Ornamental pear trees line the entrance into this historic site drawing the eye inwards. it adds structure to the gardens without seeming formal and ornate. The addition of the pampas grass, white hydrangeas and yellow lilac accentuate the structure and its age with the pale colours and graceful presence.
    The small pond overlooked by one of two gazebos is a tranquil reminder of the inland lakes that the many caretakers left behind in order to tend to their duties during the lifetime of this fine building. One can just sit and watch the ripples created by the fish swimming around reminded of the ocean and the change from a tranquil mirror like surface to a harsh, unforgiving force.
    The landscaping is not the only aspect to keep a sim occupied. The are areas for the children to enjoy from a sandbox using the local sand to the tree house constructed by a past caretaker. It offers activities for sims of different ages and is certainly a must see for anyone who pass by this wonderful historic location.
    SmokyTopaz - interiors Phase 3: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: The Lizard Lighthouse is a beautiful and vital piece of West Cornwall history, and it’s guided mariners across the surrounding ocean since 1752 when it was constructed. The Lizard Lighthouse sits on West Cornwall’s most southerly point, and its Heritage Centre tells the fascinating tales of its keepers, their families and how it was built. This lighthouse, Crocodile Rock, is based on it. In the rl lighthouse there is a sort of museum with various collections in it, now ours also has a display area where people can marvel at the debris from wrecks. The basement living area is obviously utilitarian as the men who looked after the lighthouse rotated their duties and life was ever a bit spartan on a rock. The entrance houses the ticket office and a coffee shop, the proceeds going to the RSLBA (Royal Simmie Life Boat Association). Most people visit for the views and the scenery, but on rainy days there is always the museum and a play area to entertain visitors.

ASK Builders
    AnonymousMist - architect Phase 1: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: When I first saw the challenge I thought...lighthouses are so boring. However I had never actually been inside one (shocking since I live like 5 minutes away from one). SO I wanted to provide lots of space to be a kind of new vibrant community center for any and all kinds of Sims.
    In order to do that I used a clean-lined play on the traditional light house architecture with a bit of retro inspiration. There is a balcony surrounding the top floor so visitors can sit and enjoy a birds-eye-view of the harbour and surrounding areas. A concert area for those musicians and a small area for info booth.
    Scoiattolo - landscape Phase 2: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: Lighthouse Park has outdoor activities for everyone. Kids can play hopscotch or build sandcastles in the Play Area. Adults can swim, drink nectar with friends on the beautifully landscaped terrace, picnic while watching the weekly outdoor concerts with a breathtaking view of the Sunset Valley Lighthouse, or simple sit and enjoy the meditative sounds of the central fountain.
    Kittkat - interiors Phase 3: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: We wanted to provide plenty of space for visitors to have fun indoors as well as out. The information center provides exhibts and research space related to Sunset Valley's maritime history. The game room and snack bar on the first floor has plenty of activities from darts to chess to arcade games and even a music studio. The 2nd floor isn't open to the public but houses the staff lodging area. The 3rd floor contains a cafe where visitors can grab a bite to eat and enjoy the amazing views of the ocean. The fourth floor is an event space available for parties and other functions.

Team KCK Concepts
    KayBea - Architect Phase 1: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: I really wanted to build something out of the box. After conversing with my fellow team mates we decided that a super modern somewhat futuristic lighthouse was the direction that we wanted to take. A lot of my inspiration came from the Las Vegas Stratosphere which I recently got to visit on vacation.
    Defiantly the tallest building in Sunset Valley, the Simstosphere Lighthouse, has the best and most gorgeous views around. The entrance leads underground to maximize outdoor park space.
    Cera13 - Landscaping Phase 2: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: For the Simstrosphere I really wanted to keep the landscape natural and use native plants. The indigenous plantings of beach front Sunset Valley surround the gorgeous park setting of the Simstrophere lighthouse. There is plenty for families to do as well as adequate parking for the long drive from the mountain region. I've included the a Gnubb court, picnic area, playground and large lawn for games of tag or catch. The grounds also feature telescopes for enjoying the views of the ocean as well as chess tables and benches for reading or napping near our entrance fountains.
    Kimwriter75 - Interiors Phase 3: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: There are so many different levels and aspects to Simstroshere. Firstly, This particular lighthouse was representational of an iconic structure for which it got it's name. Elements responsible for this include it's futuristic look and appeal. Starting with the lighthouse itself, the forth deck, one closest to the ground is the lavatory deck complete with waiting area. This has a more posh appearance but is grounded enough for everyday patrons. Third deck is all about family fun. It has a children's play area, arcades and foosball for teen and darts and drinks for the adults. Second level is more common to find young adults hanging with friends or on a date. This floor has the dance floor and a band stand as well. Live entertainment is a must here, but there is a luxurious sofa in the wings for the weary. The first deck is probably the most exclusive with it's private views and limited seating. A more mature audience would be indulged by this level. The bunkhouse serves several function. First, it is the living quarters for the caretakers and second, the main entrance to the lighthouse itself. The first level is the donation room. It features art work of the masterminds of the Simstroshere. There are several donation tables and plenty of history of the lighthouse. From there you descend the stairs which takes you to a hallway that leads to an elevator. Go up and you reach the lighthouse. Down will take you to the staff living quarters. Walking into the staff living quarters is like walking into home. Lavish decor ornaments this small confined space and makes it breathable. There are computer work stations and a television viewing area. The kitchen is small, yet functional. There is one bedroom that contains four beds and adequate storage. The washroom is small but serves it's purpose well. I hope you enjoy your tour of Simstroshere Lighthouse.

The ? Team
    Scorpiophoenix - architect Phase 1: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: I wanted to keep the architecture very East Coast with a touch of the South. I wanted the structure to look like it had been there for generations but had been updated and had continual maintenance over the time span. I was influenced by lighthouses up and down the East Coast but especially in the Carolinas and on southward. The architecture needed to look genuine but not rely on trickery or hype to sell it to visitors.
    _Princess_Natasha_ - interiors Phase 2: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: I continued the beach feel/theme that scorpio started when he did the architecture. I used beach and nautical furniture throughout. Filled spaces up with a few plants, especially the light house as it was a (perfectly) small area that needed something to liven it up. Per request, I added a decent amount of indoor activities such as an easel, chess tables, a TV, a little cafe area, bookshelves so Simmies can read, a computer, and a little game room.
    Bergcrys - landscaping Phase 3: Lot/Slideshow
    Details/Rationale: I came in halfway through this because my teammates were short landscaper and I immediately knew where I wanted to go with it upon seeing Scorpiopheonix's architecture. There was plenty of room in the front so I saw most of the activities being there....and i definitely saw a swimmable pond nestled in trees with seating. I think we all wanted it to look very natural grown in. I know we wanted it to look light and beachy as well. In the back I tried to keep it a little more structured by paving the area. There is an area to paint or look at the stars overlooking the back. Two firepit areas in the back are a great place for sims to socialize.

Flying Without a License Did not finish. :(
    KOman123 - architect Phase 1: Lot/Slideshow
    ClarkFamilySims -
    SimmerwithSkill

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Koman, ClarkFamilySims, SimmerwithSkill, are you guys still in?
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Sherry, here is our entry, we ended up putting them all in together, hope you dont mind.

Team members & roles: The Smokin PJ's
    Architect Jasnik - Landscaper Peacemaker - Interiors SmokyTopaz

Lot Name/Size/Cost: Crocodile Rock - 40x40 - 90k

Lot Address: 500 Sunnyside Boulevard

Details/rationale: Architect - Crocodile Rock was inspired by the beautiful Lizard Lighthouse, in Cornwall England. It is a victorian building with much charm, and is still standing strong today. My focus was of course the lighthouse itself, I wanted it to stand over the rest of the lot, so I kept the main building on just one floor. I terraformed the land to make the main building visible from the entrance of the park, and over the ticket office. I kept the original white exterior and added driftwood columns for a nice seaside theme, that complemented the white buildings. Inside I wanted to create space for a ticket office, since visitors will flock to see this wonderful historic building, its artifacts, and its beatiful gardens. I also left plenty of space for displaying objects of importance and places to have fun too. And lastly living accomodation for the brave sims that work tirelessly to keep our seasims safe.

Link to lot: http://www.mediafire.com/?7l45c0rt6t96omf

Link to media: http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee484/JasnikSims/Jasniks TBC/Lighthouse/

Details/rationale: Landscaper - The gardens surrounding crocodile rock lighthouse are designed to welcome the visitors to this important heritage location. mimicking the pale colours of the buildings, the mature magnolias provided shade for many of the outdoor activities while lightly filling the air with the sweet scent of its large creamy flowers.
    Ornamental pear trees line the entrance into this historic site drawing the eye inwards. it adds structure to the gardens without seeming formal and ornate. The addition of the pampas grass, white hydrangeas and yellow lilac accentuate the structure and its age with the pale colours and graceful presence.
    The small pond overlooked by one of two gazebos is a tranquil reminder of the inland lakes that the many caretakers left behind in order to tend to their duties during the lifetime of this fine building. One can just sit and watch the ripples created by the fish swimming around reminded of the ocean and the change from a tranquil mirror like surface to a harsh, unforgiving force.
    The landscaping is not the only aspect to keep a sim occupied. The are areas for the children to enjoy from a sandbox using the local sand to the tree house constructed by a past caretaker. It offers activities for sims of different ages and is certainly a must see for anyone who pass by this wonderful historic location.

Link to lot: http://www.mediafire.com/?6k690sv6mk59kts

Link to media: http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/Peacemaker_ic/lighthouse team build/

Details/rationale: Interior Designer - The Lizard Lighthouse is a beautiful and vital piece of West Cornwall history, and it’s guided mariners across
    the surrounding ocean since 1752 when it was constructed. The Lizard Lighthouse sits on West Cornwall’s most southerly point, and its Heritage Centre tells the fascinating tales of its keepers, their families and how
    it was built. This lighthouse, Crocodile Rock, is based on it. In the rl lighthouse there is a sort of museum with various collections in it, now ours also has a display area where people can marvel at the debris from wrecks. The basement living area is obviously utilitarian as the men who looked after the lighthouse rotated their duties and life was ever a bit spartan on a rock. The entrance houses the ticket office and a coffee shop, the proceeds going to the RSLBA (Royal Simmie Life Boat Association). Most people visit for the views and the scenery, but on rainydays there is always the museum and a play area to entertain visitors.

Link to FINAL lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4292265

Link to media: http://s689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/lyndapiper63/Crocodile Rock/

Lizard Lighthouse pics
    http://www.plbltd.com/images/uploads/1164196905lizard-lighthouse-for-web.jpg
    http://www.bedbreakfastcornwall.com/images/Lizard-Lighthouse-1.jpg
  • Options
    whisperingtruthwhisperingtruth Posts: 2,540 New Member
    edited July 2011
    You all did a great job so far on those lighthouses!

I am looking for a team to work with on the next challenge. I am an INTERIORS girl so please let me know if your interested in working with me. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks Jasnik, that is fine. I have you down!

Whisperingtruth, we will be sure to keep you in mind!

Okay, we have 3 teams left to hear from. Are you guys gonna make it? How are we doing?

KCK Concepts
    Scorpiophoenix, _Princess_Natasha_, and Bergcrys
    Flying Without a License
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited July 2011
    Ok here's my portion and the final version of our lot. This is my first time so if I do something wrong I apologize though I'm not sure how I can mess this up. I see people giving rundowns of their inspiration and rationale behind choices so I will do the same for myself though I don't know my partners.

I came in halfway through this because my teammates were short landscaper and I immediately knew where I wanted to go with it upon seeing Scorpiopheonix's architecture. There was plenty of room in the front so I saw most of the activities being there....and i definitely saw a swimmable pond nestled in trees with seating. I think we all wanted it to look very natural grown in. I know we wanted it to look light and beachy as well. In the back I tried to keep it a little more structured by paving the area. There is an area to paint or look at the stars overlooking the back. Two firepit areas in the back are a great place for sims to socialize.

The link to the lot is here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4294896

the link to the slideshow is here: http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd259/TiGGzzz_photo/team%20build/?action=view&current=0bba2b66.pbw