Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TEAM Building Challenge #15**Please Visit New Thread - See Last Post :)**

If you're wondering what a team building challenge is, it works like this: one team member is the builder, one is the interior designer, and one is the landscaper. You have to pass off the lot in order from builder to designer to landscaper (the order is chosen by the team). There are design parameters, of course, as in the other building challenges. The team aspect just puts a different, fun twist on things.

**Credit to Queeniehannah for the original team challenge

Team Challenge #14 – Treetop Elven Village

While enjoying a relaxing weekend off, you notice a young couple fishing in the local pond. You don’t remember seeing them before, so you decide to stroll over and introduce yourself. Intent on their task, it takes them a while to notice you.

Screenshot-15.jpg

“Ahem,” you clear your throat, stepping closer to the young woman at the edge of the water. She turns, and her eyes open wider in surprise. She is tall and slender, with reddish brown hair and olive skin. Her eyes are a mix of green and gold, and immediately draw you in, creating a sense of familiarity.

Screenshot-16.jpg

“Oh! Hi,” she begins. “May I help you?”

Your smile widens and you introduce yourself. “I don’t remember seeing you before, so I wondered if you were new in town?”

“Yes, actually we are,” she replies. “We are looking for some property so we can move here. We won’t be able to stay in our current home much longer.”

“Oh my, is it a job change or something?” you ask.

“Well, if only it were that simple,” she answered, smiling wistfully. “Actually, the land and trees where we live are being bulldozed by a company that is building a paper mill in their place.”

Screenshot-35.jpg

“Oh, that’s terrible! I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I hope you can find something suitable in Sunset Valley,” you sympathize.

“Thank you,” she answers. “We’re hoping we will be able to relocate soon. We are just having trouble finding something that meets our requirements. Of course, it doesn’t help that we are new to the area.”

“Hey! I can help with that! I own a design firm that designs and builds homes for sims here,” you explain.

“Really? That would be wonderful! I told Rhiam (REE am) we would find something soon! Oh, I’m so sorry, I am Sherry Wildhazel, and this is my husband, Rhiam,” she offers apologetically.

Screenshot-42.jpg

“It is so nice to meet both of you! Come by my office on Monday morning, and we will work out the details,” you invite as you shake hands with Sherry and Rhiam Wildhazel and walk back toward your car.

After your meeting on Monday, you review your notes before contacting your team. It will be a most interesting project. The Wildhazels have told you that the lot will not be just for them, but it will basically be a small village for their “tribe”. It contains many challenges, and will stretch your creative abilities.

Screenshot-44-1.jpg

This should be a self-contained village to be built on a large (maximum 60 x 60) lot with a wooded, park-like setting and hidden from street view.

You should include multiple small homes or sleeping quarters with a community area for socialization and an area for outdoor family entertainment. All buildings should be raised from the ground with concealed access. There will be three families to start, but more may come later, so it would be nice to have room to expand.

As a community in general, they have a green thumb and are eco friendly. A garden and pond would be wonderful assets. They prefer to live off the land and are not comfortable with a lot of technology.

Project Brief:

Any size, maximum 60 x 60 wooded lot
At least 3 small homes/sleeping quarters
Community area
Outdoor Family entertainment
All buildings raised from ground with concealed access
Eco friendly, green thumb
Garden and pond a plus
Not comfortable with technology
No budget
No CC please, store content is acceptable

Project Due Dates

Phase 1 due Sunday, August 14
Phase 2 due Sunday, Sunday, August 21
Phase 3 due Sunday, August 28

If you’re a fan of turn-of-the century architecture, then you’re most likely already aware of the Sears houses which were available for order out of the Sears catalogue. Seriously – you could order yourENTIRE house from the Sears catalogue ! How cool is that? The house kit would arrive with pre-cut lumber, staircases, etc. via train to a station near you. All you required was a team of males (usually family members) to follow the detailed plans and put together the pre-fabulous house of your dreams.

Your task for this team challenge is to choose one of the 400+ home plans offered by Sears and bring it to life in TS3. The house plans from Sears range from cottages of several rooms to 3-story “mansions.” Pick the house plan that fits your style and run with it! The most complex plan will not necessarily be the winner - overall execution of architecture and design will be the deciding factors.

The architect should be sure to indicate which house plan was chosen in his/her entry and include a link to the floorplan from the Sears home plan website. Any house plan from 1908 to 1940 is acceptable for the challenge. The design and landscaping is up to you - you can choose to create a modern update for the design or attempt a design that would be appropriate to the floorplan’s year. Neither choice will receive more credit – again, overall execution of the design choice will be the deciding factor.

Design Brief:
Choose a Sears home plan circa 1908 – 1940
Faithfully execute that home plan on an appropriate sized lot of your choosing (any rooms from the original plan that are being re-purposed for modern living need to be indicated in the architect’s media)
Provide a link to the home plan, indicating year and plan name in your entry
Interior design and landscaping are up to individual teams – can be vintage or modern update
CC is welcome for this challenge :)

Project Due Dates

Phase 1 due Sunday, July 17
Phase 2 due Sunday, July 24
Phase 3 due sunday, July 31

Teams for Challenge 13

Rules

~ The architect is responsible for all walls, windows, interior and exterior doors, and exterior siding (color and style of any and all may be changed by designer/landscaper to match). The architect can also terraform the lot as needed for building only.
~The interior designer is responsible for all interior flooring, wall covering, furnishings, appliances, and plumbing.
~The landscaper is responsible for all exterior furnishings (porches, patios, pools, etc.)and any flowers, trees,bushes, terrain paint, etc as well as any exterior small buildings.
~You cannot change what another team member has done.
~You must submit your final lot to TS3 or a hosting site for me to download if needed.
~You must submit a slide show of your lot. Be sure to take pictures of all angles so I can see all the architectural, design, and landscaping details.
~Your lot will be primarily (99%) judged on the media (slide show) you submit. I will install your lot and look around if I have any playability or other concerns.
~Be creative and have fun

Timeline:

~ You will have 3 weeks this time.
~ Each team member has one week to complete their portion, they may go in any order. If you finish before your week is up, feel free to pass it along early. Just be sure your portion is complete no later than Sunday at 12 midnight.
~ Please include a link to pictures/media of your portion of the project with your upload link. I know pictures sound silly for architecture, but it does make it easier to see the build without the décor and landscape.
~ The final slide show can be from just the final team member, or a compilation of the entire project. It is possible and acceptable for one person to turn in all of the pictures if you prefer, just be sure to include pictures of each stage and note this when you submit each stage of the build. I believe it will help with judging to see each portion.

Official Entry Form: **For use when your lot is complete**

Team members & roles:
Chosen Sears Plan - link and name:
Lot Name/Size/Cost:
Lot Address:
Details/rationale:
Link to lot:
Link to media:

Archives - forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/264033.page

Comments