Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TEAM Building Challenge #15**Please Visit New Thread - See Last Post :)**

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousMistAnonymousMist Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Sherry! *HUGS* I'm still confused on the whole thing... kinda why I'm not sure if I want to do any more... maybe I can talk someone into being my architect... and then I'll just need to find a random person to be my landscaper... It also depends on the next challenge... I might not like it! LOL So keep your fingers crossed that I like it and the person I have in mind as my architect likes it and agrees and isn't too busy with RL... and that someone volunteers to do the landscape... Lots of ifs tho... LOL

Hi Princess N. I was just browsing through and was thinking I would love to joind but I dont have a group. If interested I can be your architect. just let me know what you think ok. :D
    Umm u can check my stuff on here and also my photobucket to see if u like them first: http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/Anonymous_Mist/
  • Options
    KateSterlingKateSterling Posts: 216
    edited June 2011
    Hugs for you PN! Sorry you lost your group! :cry:
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2011
    So... Mossorator & Scoiattolo - you guys up for another challenge or do I need to find a new team? :)

Sorry to hear that as well, PN :( Let me know if you have trouble rounding out your team...I might be available for a role.
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited June 2011
    So... Mossorator & Scoiattolo - you guys up for another challenge or do I need to find a new team? :)

Sorry to hear that as well, PN :( Let me know if you have trouble rounding out your team...I might be available for a role.

I promised my old team I would do the next challenge with them. If they are no longer interested, I'd love to work you both again. You guys are awesome! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Gleek4EverGleek4Ever Posts: 206 New Member
    edited June 2011
    can I have a team?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hi Gleek! There may be people looking for team mates. Are you most interested in architecture, interior design, or landscaping?
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Okay, I have been crazy busy with real life, and out of town until this afternoon, so I'm sorry there are no pictures for you on this challenge. Without further ado, here is your challenge! Good luck!

Challenge #12 -- A Light in the Park

The Sunset Valley city council has requested a meeting with you on Monday morning, and you are eagerly awaiting their visit. Your past projects with them have been very successful, and paid very well. As you wait for your meeting, you wonder what their next project could be.

The doorbell breaks your reverie, and you jump up to invite the visitors in. Smiling brightly, you open the door to a middle aged gentleman with graying hair. He is slightly taller than you, and his broad shoulders fill the door frame.

“Good morning,” you greet him and introduce yourself as you hold out your hand. “Please come in.”

“Thank you,” he replies. “My name is Brett Smith. I’m a member of the city council. I’m so glad you have time to take on a new project. I’ve seen your work, and I know you will do an outstanding job!”

He continues as you offer him a seat, “Our last inspection of the Sunset Valley light house revealed problems with the structural integrity of the building. Unfortunately, we will have to completely tear down the lighthouse and rebuild it from the ground up. We would like for you to create a park using recycled materials from the old lighthouse at 500 Sunnyside Blvd. We are unable to permit the public access to the official lighthouse Sunnyside Island for safety and security purposes, so the council feels this will give the townspeople an opportunity to enjoy the lighthouse experience in safety. We feel that you may either rebuild the current structure in its entirety, or you may create a new design and structure to fit in with the park you create.”

“Well, that sounds like quite a challenge, but I’m sure we can deliver above and beyond your every expectation,” you respond eagerly. “Just send me the details, and let me know when we can break ground. I will start putting a team together right away!”

You stand and shake Brett’s hand before walking him to the door. He promises to get you the details in the next day or two, and your mind is spinning with ideas as you close the door.

Project specifications:

> Lighthouse built at 500 Sunnyside Blvd on a 40x40 lot.
    > There should be basic living quarters for the park staff, and they may be contained in the lighthouse or in a separate building.
    > A place should be provided for indoor recreational activities as well. This also may be separate or connected.
    > A picnic area, public bathrooms, and outdoor activities for sims of all ages.
    > No budget!
    > No CC please. Store content is fine.
    > If you do not have Generations or Ambitions, and you cannot provide access to the upper lighthouse levels, that is fine. Please just note this on your entry. (Ambitions provides the fireman’s pole.)

Project Due Dates

Phase 1 due Sunday, June 19
    Phase 2 due Sunday, June 26
    Phase 3 due sunday, July 3
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yay! New challenge :) Looks great, Sherry! Who is in for this one? I'm still trying to solidify a team. Mossorator, you in?
  • Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2011
    Kittkat, i might need a team, do you think you have room for an architect:p ?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yay! New challenge :) Looks great, Sherry! Who is in for this one? I'm still trying to solidify a team. Mossorator, you in?

Still haven't heard from my old team. I guess I could be your interior designer again even if I end up being the architect on my old team. On the other hand, if you get a better offer :wink: I'll be happy to step aside!
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am in for this one if anybody wants me :mrgreen:

I can be fliexible with my role, but would prefer not to go last, as its too close to my holiday and I will be busy organizing.

Looks like a fun challenge Sherry :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Kittkat and Jas! Now we just need some teams! Anyone?

I have so far looking for teams:

AnonymousMist - architect

Looking for team members:

Jasnik82 - architect
    Juliabayjen - landscaper

KOman123 - architect
    Kittkat
    Scoiattolo
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    HEYYY Architect for hire!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sherry Julia and I are teaming up, we just need to find an interior designer.

No team name yet
    Architect - Jasnik
    Landscaper - JuliaBabyJen
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    HEYYY Architect for hire!

I know Sherry has been busy, she probably just missed your post, and will add you later :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm so sorry! Been out of town!

I added you AnonymousMist and updated the list.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    okey dokey :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Soooo... Koman123 for architect, Scoiattolo for designer, and me for landscape? Does that work for you guys? I could also do design for this one (on vacation and have more time) if you'd rather do landscape, Scoiattolo. Just let me know :)

Glad to be working with you guys! Koman, are you on Builders Boulevard? We can start a team PM over there...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nope kitkatt, although i will join just for this team!
  • Options
    ClarkFamilySimsClarkFamilySims Posts: 830 New Member
    edited June 2011
    KOman123 wrote:
    Kittkat, i might need a team, do you think you have room for an architect:p ?

Hey did you lose our team page? I have not heard from Simmer but I am still in.

Or maybe if you have a team then I will sit this one out, unless someone needs a team player.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Soooo... Koman123 for architect, Scoiattolo for designer, and me for landscape? Does that work for you guys? I could also do design for this one (on vacation and have more time) if you'd rather do landscape, Scoiattolo. Just let me know :)

Glad to be working with you guys! Koman, are you on Builders Boulevard? We can start a team PM over there...

I enjoy all aspects of building. (You may have noticed. :wink: ) So I would be happy doing either landscape or interiors. Shall we change it up for this one and put me on landscape?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I know that Jasnik and Juliababyjen need one more person for their team, and also AnonymousMist would like to be architect, she needs a team. And if anyone wants, Hazentw has already posted a lighthouse shell on the Simmers Society for this challenge. He will be on vacation and said he would be fine with two people getting together to use it for this challenge.

Lots of options, although it looks like there are more architects than anything else, so if anyone wants to switch to a different role they can probably jump right in.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Doh! I'm sorry kitkat, looks like my old teams back together,!

Clark-just heard from simmer, can you please retrieve the thread so everyone can check in? I know well do great on this one!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No problem, KOman :) AnonymousMist - do you want to be our architect?
  • Options
    JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think Smokytopaz will be joining our team! Don't have a team name yet.