Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☼ LIGHTHOUSE CHALLENGE *~* Feedback - Page 21 ☼ Lighthouse Chat and Share

Comments

• Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hum, sorry for the "potty head" :lol:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited June 2011
    svlyn wrote:
    Talk about potty head. LOL

:mrgreen: Yoda...
    That is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile.
    Please tell me it was an imaginary friend :!:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited June 2011
    That is hilarious, Yoda! :mrgreen:

Springfairy, thanks for doing that. I meant to ask earlier but had to run an errand and forgot. I checked your studio for the Stonington Lighthouse Museum and did not see it there. Is it still in progress? How is it coming along?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    sashraf wrote:
    svlyn wrote:
    Talk about potty head. LOL

:mrgreen: Yoda...
    That is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile.
    Please tell me it was an imaginary friend :!:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Hi sashraf! :D I'm very happy you talk about imaginary friend!! :mrgreen: Because I play with a family with 3 childs, one born in the house (it was not a new family) BUT NO ONE have an imaginary friend! :shock:
    How do you do to create one? :P
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2011
    The Stonington Lighthouse is uploaded to my studio.I had to add a few more decorations inside.

And for extra entertainment, There's a beautiful song about a lighthouse.It actually the lighthouse telling a story.and for a school project I put together a video with it.

My Project:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ3EHqQNokU
    Another Video of the song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRL6lJ73GwM
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yoda,

I just had my first infant born in Generations and it came in its inventory...
    I heard not all kids get them and sometimes they disappear.

:) It will be interesting to see.

Thats a real toddler with his head in the potty :!:
    Too funny

Spring fairy nice job on the video!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    sashraf, Yes it's a real toddler! :lol: there he fell asleep, exhausted :mrgreen:
    May be when he become a kid, he will get it :?: wait and see …
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yoda65 wrote:
    just wana share this :mrgreen: -->

I like the curtain patterns where did you find them? :o
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    it’s a recolor of the lighthouse pattern in game.
    You can find it in my studio:
    Pattern just upload here :wink: : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4196817
    Lighthouse curtain: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4126540
    rug: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4126538

Can't remember if this Pattern comes with base game; EP or Barnacle Bay?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :o I didn't know there was a lighthouse pattern in the game.Thank you :P
  • Options
    debralee1968debralee1968 Posts: 232 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Thanks, Yoda! Here's another cute little lighthouse that was posted on the Exchange yesterday:

Bright Lighthouse by debralee1968

She could use a few more recs. :wink: I don't know her but I doubt she will mind the free advertising.

roof_up_large.jpg

You might want to check out the images for this little two bedroom to see the floor plan she went with.

Thanks for sharing the link and picture of my lot! :mrgreen:

Edited to add that I now see both of my lighthouses were submitted, thanks so much! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hi! I did some re-arrangements in the lighthouse. The nursery is now at the first floor and the bedroom of Yvan, who became a teen, is now at the 2nd floor in the tower, with a height bed to save space! :mrgreen: Growing family but still no imaginary friend! :shock:
    Huggies

259a97ac.jpg

b66018fe.jpg

33683be3.jpg

31ec68a0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My new lighthuse State Park, The keeper's house will be a little hang out.

88289781.jpg

70859124.jpg
    Finished.:P Uploading now.

Yeah the keeper's house has a light.the keeper's house(for historical purposes) was originally the lighthouse,but was not tall enough for the the amount of ships coming into harbor, the town built a single tower on the rocks nearby, and decommisoned the original light.The new light was automated in 1983 and the city bought the light off the coast guard,turning it into a public park.The keeper's cottage is open to the public.The tower remains closed.

I made all this up cause I was really bored.The light isn't based off a real light(at least I don't think it is.:o)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    This is a Lighthouse I made awhile back. It has 5 beds and 4 baths.

lighthouseu.jpg

You can see more pictures of it Here at my forum.

You can find it Here on TS3 exchange.

I finally had the chance to look through this thread today and everyone has made awesome lighthouses!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I gave it a Rec and added it to my favorites for a later download.Its beautiful.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yah! More Lighthouse! Yoda your story is soo cute! Springfairy you are greatly improving on your builds! Are you going to try doing your red lighthouse! :D

debralee, I am glad to see your awesome and cute lighthouses on here too! I loved your apartments in TS2! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    romagi1 wrote:
    Yah! More Lighthouse! Yoda your story is soo cute! Springfairy you are greatly improving on your builds! Are you going to try doing your red lighthouse! :D

debralee, I am glad to see your awesome and cute lighthouses on here too! I loved your apartments in TS2! :mrgreen:

No, I'm hoping I can find someone to make that one for me.My skills at building aren't great, and I'd like this lighthouse to look good, since this lighthouse holds a special meaning to me(I'm strongly attached to the red lighthouse.)

Jurick said she'd add me to her list.So I'm hoping she or someone else can do it.:P
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    romagi1 wrote:

Thanks so much romagi1!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I reccomended a bunch of lighthouses posted here.:)

And my newest lighthouse

4127882297_82b542226f.jpg
    Here's a reference.

23386735.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxeVA45jbFc
    My Sitcom's first video for this lighthouse.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hello everyone!
    Thanks debralee1968 & Springfairy556 to share the new lighthouses, pics and video! Great work! :D
    @ debralee very LUXURIOUS! with 5 beds and 4 baths. OMG!
    @ Springfairy maybe you can put in the center, the top on the roof, and better balance the windows on the sides of the house? I love this house placed on the water!
    Huggies. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited June 2011
    Sorry, I am so behind in responding on this thread. I was busy with the Last Minute Lottery and then spent an entire day rec'ing the studios of all the sponsors. It was worth it and I got to see a lot of awesome stuff and download some new things for my game.

@Yoda - Thank you so much for sharing the lighthouse pattern with everyone. It was a long time before I noticed that in the game. It works very nicely on the little rug and the curtains. :D

@Debralee - Thank you so much for adding the other lighthouse of yours and for sharing in the excitement. I have left recs for all of yours and will hit up your studio for recs next. I haven't seen everything yet - you are into some heavy production there and you do absolutely beautiful work. :mrgreen: I am really excited about checking out your world, Willow Lakes, also!

@Yoda - That bedroom in the tower is perfect for bunk beds. I had some routing problems in that one room, like you did, trying to use a doublebed and the sim could only sleep on one side, no matter where I moved the bed. :roll: I could find nothing wrong at all and it makes no sense but it's a perfect room for one or two with the bunk beds. I love it! I can't wait to play the lot again. I have a little couple in there now but no children yet. Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures. ♥

Springfairy, I see improvement in your work. You are on a roll. Keep building and be sure to study the work of others. One of the best ways to learn is to download someone else's lot and study it in your own game. Don't worry about content you don't have. You have walls, foundation and roofing and that is the most important thing. Everything else, even windows and doors - you will only be able to use what you own so look at the construction, the shape, the shell of the build and you can pretty much ignore everything else. You can see much more when you are on the lot in real time. LOL. The video sitcom you created - to be continued - is very cute! :mrgreen:

And... *Huggies* Should I get some coffee going or tea or both?

My latest build is not a lighthouse so I won't beg for recs here. :wink:

• Options
    edited June 2011
    What lights do you guys use to get that "glowing effect" at night? I tried the spotlight,but it doesn't give a glow, just a straight light up.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited June 2011
    The lighthouses are so pretty! It makes me want to make one too.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @Reach - I know for routing problems in that bedroom and the double bed with sim could only sleep on one side!
    It's because of the house's roof ! It's ok for a Crib, for a bunk bed, but not a double bed! :roll: This place is better for a child bedroom. And more easy to have the nursery at the first floor. :mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    illusie wrote:
    The lighthouses are so pretty! It makes me want to make one too.
    Welcome!! :D