Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Options
    RuthCRuthC Posts: 67
    edited June 2011
    Do you have any other troubles with that inventory ? Any mods/hacks/cc in your game ? I'll add
    As stated in my update, I have had trouble with certain relics from dig spawners showing up in my inventory. I do not have any mods, hacks, or custom content installed.
  • Options
    Patman89Patman89 Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    Whenever I go to a house to rennovate it, upon completeting and taking the picture my sim will freeze, and not move until they die. This has happened two times in a row. It only started after I installed Generations.
  • Options
    Cassandra1190Cassandra1190 Posts: 197 Member
    edited June 2011
    How many times did you have to restart? I think I've had to restart almost five times. Its still happening. I'll keep trying though.
  • Options
    Cassandra1190Cassandra1190 Posts: 197 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ok I just tried using a different family in a different town, everythings fine. So I'm going to assume that somehow the town the family I want to use is corrupted. But I have no cc. This confuses me.
  • Options
    Alena_LAlena_L Posts: 164
    edited June 2011
    Hello Everyone,

I am just adding some gameplay issues I recognized in my game after installing patch 1.22:

- My sims are not unable to interact with anyone outside the home and do absolutely nothing in communal areas (before the patch, if left to their own devices my sims would talk to others, fish, or otherwise interact with their environment - now they just stand there. Clicking on townies does nothing, no interaction options appear.

- The maid just vanishes at the end of her shift

- My female sim cannot sleep in the bed - she always spawns outside the house. She can only nap on the bed. She must "nap" repeatedly overnight to get any rest.

- My male sim can sleep in the bed, but only if his wife is napping beside him.

- My sims are not able to interact with one another (neither chat, nor play chess etc as they spawn outside the house in the middle of the interaction)

- My sims are not able to eat together and instead spawn standing up. If prompted to eat a second time they will eat. If eating alone, random spawning does not occur.

I am running the following games:

- 4.10.1.011031 ambitions

- 1.22.9.011001 the sims 3

- 2.0.86.002001 world adventures

- 3.3.11.006001 high end loft

I am playing on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7.

I'm hoping for gameplay fixes from EA!

Good luck compiling all the bugs,
    Alena
    :shock:

• Options
    wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited June 2011
    My game was working perfectly fine until the latest update 1.22:

-My game now takes 20-45 min to load. Often, my computer will notify me that the Sims 3 is either not responding or it is using 100% of at least 1 of my cpu's while loading.

-After loading, the graphics are choppy.

-When my Sims play musical instruments, they spin in the air like a tornado while the character appears to pantomime playing it for a couple of seconds.

-The characters take FOREVER to do things or freeze. For example, I will click to have a Sim change clothes or interact with another Sim. 2 hours in Sim time will pass before the character begins to do the action.

-In addition, items placed outside such as pedestrian sculpting station or lawn sprinkler will sink into the terrain or rise above the terrain without warning.

-Also, the EA download manager update which changed it to Origin is screwed up. When I click to play my games from there, it says that it can not start my game because it is not installed. Meanwhile, the game starts anyway.

I have these updates as well: 4.10.1.011031

I have a multi-core hyperthreading turbo boost Intel i7 processor which has built in HD graphics, so no card necessary.

Windows 7

• Options
    leighannegetgladleighannegetglad Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2011
    @leighannegetglad: Any mods/hacks in your game ? You ARE talking about daycare, right ?

Yeah it is in the daycare profession sorry I didnt clarify. I dont have any mods, and Im not sure what hacks are; I do use CC though. Also Ive noticed that the testingcheatsenabled and clicking on the mail box to force career isnt working either.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ebevan91 wrote:
    This patch screwed up my game and my PC.

The game takes SO long to load and so long to save.

I have a high end computer so that's not the problem.

I can't even quit the game. I can't even close it through Task Manager. So I end up just pressing the reset button on my PC.

Now with the actual gameplay... All 3 sims in my household vanished. I can still click on them on the left side of the screen, but I can't see them walking around or anything. The game is also a little choppy now. I was able to run the game on max settings just fine but I had to lower the settings after this patch and it's still choppy.

I know I can turn the notifications off but OMG I don't care about sharing memories.

Also, good job on the new lifespan sliders. I like those.

I had no problem with the game until the new update.

I just wanted to let you know that I am having the same exact problem. Just as you do, I also have an amazing computer. So I am confused! I have an intel i7 processor which has built in graphics. It does not need a video card/chipset. All that I read about graphics being choppy mentioned solutions such as updating video cards chipsets etc. which do not exist on new gaming computers. So, just as you did, I resorted to lowering the graphics settings and the same thing occurred...NOTHING. My game takes 20-45min to load. It is ridiculous!
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited June 2011
    I am constantly getting my controlled sims accusing each other of cheating on their partners and then the game itself divorcing them making it pointless to have my sims be in a married relationship

The first time was when non controlled sims decided to give the husband flowers while he was in the park . they had no romantic relations with him prior to this

the second time another husband in a different family came home and accused his wife of cheating even though she never had done anything

Both times the games free will decided they should get divorced without giving me a chance to get their relationship back up

NO mods in my game at all .
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2011
    @RuthC: I'll add

@Patman89: That is probably related to the borked camera/missing photography skill issue. Don't know much about causes/solutions yet.

@Cassandra1190: One was usually enough for me. Is it still the case if you switch back to the family ?

@Alena_L: Sounds like your family got corrupted. Except the missing maid they are probably all related. Try moving them out and back in or if you are not opposed to mods you can try Twallan's errorTrap linked on the first page although I would wait with that until the site is less busy.

@wecantpickaname
    1) Any cc/mods/hacks in your game ?
    2) Did you check your graphic settings ? Maybe changing the settings and changing them back will help.
    3) Sounds weird. Kind of hard to picture. A video would be cool. I'll add
    4) On the list.
    5) Odd. I'll add
    6) More of a technical issue.

Did you try a new game or is this an existing one ?

@leighannegetglad: Hacks and mods are basically the same thing. I'll add

@julienrob2004: the cheating thing should be on the list, but I'll double check.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Unit_13Unit_13 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I was able to redo the action. The main problem I am having is that when I patched I was on vacation in Egypt and when i return my Sim home i lose stuff that i had in my inventory from the vacation. I also don't receive the vacation bonus to happiness thing. This hurts because I need to catch crocodiles in Egypt and take them to France. When I go back to Egypt the adventure opportunities have reset back about 2 or 3 quests back. I also am having problems with taking pictures with the camera you can buy on vacation. When I first buy it I can take 1 picture with it then when I try to take more pictures my Sim shows the action of taking pictures but will not complete it. I am lucky enough that i can still save and reload at that particular spot but I can not complete any quests where I need to take pictures.

I found out right after posting this that my other save does not have the problem with going on vacation. So 1 Sim can't travel but my other Sim can.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Damaris1972Damaris1972 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I posted a few pages back with some issues I was having with an existing family... I don't know if this matters to anyone or not, but I started with a new family this morning and played for 4 hours straight with no issues whatosever EXCEPT the spinning camera. It was a married couple... they have not traveled abroad, but they've gotten jobs and had a baby and so far no issues whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have store items in my game and very minimal custom content (a set of eyes). No mods. No hacks.

I have changed my graphic settings to low and the problem was not solved.

The problem began when I invited Sims from China. One of the visitors got stuck in the doorway and it went downhill from there.

I have tried moving and vacationing. I have not tried a new game yet. Hopefully that will work. In the meantime, I will get screenshots of the miraculous spinning instrument phenomenon.

• Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited June 2011
    crinrict wrote:

@Stinalina: I'm swiss, which makes me over-organised. Maybe open one yourself ? You don't have to be techni. Just collect what you read and compile. You don't have to answer anyone. I think just having a place where stuff is collected, helps people. You can even just link to peoples posts.

And again, I forgot to add the long-action issue. Have to word that out properly.

New issues:
    1) Never played that career so not very familiar with it. Canceling out task has also been an ongoing issue. Maybe the sims are stuck somewhere or simply not around ? I'll add though
    2) Maybe a variation of the mood bug ? Buzzler says it's not fixed. I'll add
    3) Sort inventory on MasterController should unstick them. Other than that, I have no solution.
    4) Odd. I'll add if I get another similar report. Keeping in mind till then (I hope)
    5) Patch: You should see icons on the left hand corner of your launcher. Hover over them to get the versions for each EP (if your launcher opens, that is)

Didnt know it was a switch characteristic, but well you do have the clock thing going on ;)

So far i just try to redirect and help with what i can within some of the treads, but yes i should try to collect them. Somebody has to :) Ill do it when i have a little more time.

Thanks for the adding and answers, i have nothing new to report for now. (just been in build mode since, to scared of play mode crash)
    I dont know enough about mods to try them, so far its not causing any problem with the newspapers etc, stuck in the inventories. I hope a patch can sort it out at some point.

After i followed the guru's link to patch macs i do have a launcher again, but when i mouse over the icons it just say the name of the XP, SP, no numbers. Maybe its a Mac thing? I dont know. Ill try to ask in the Mac forum if anyone else know how to see the individual patch numbers.

Thank you! Please enjoy your vacation!! :D

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    WOW! :shock: I did not know or expect this game to write that much cache data until I did the factory setting restore you talk about on your blog, crinrict. :shock: I need to remember to do this when this installment of the series ends and I get the remaining EPs and SPs like I said I would when The Sims 3 ends and EA moves on to the next Sims product.

I haven't gotten far in my new game test, but I did notice a few things right off the bat with the OLS 7.3.2/Base 1.22 patch.

After the factory reset, the Relationship Reset bug was no more on my end. I'd like to hear from the other user (Wale?) who had this problem to see if all that cache was the cause of the bug. Relationships that are at zero are still being deleted when I load the save game from the new test, so I think that's an added feature. But none of my friendships I've made thus far were resetted.

I wish I could say the same thing about the Stereo Moodlet Reset. That seems to still be happening even after the reset.

Finally, just a little correction to your list involving the Group/Date bug I found. If you try to leave the lot with your group to go to another lot (i.e. "Go here with Group" or "Watch a movie with Date"), then the group outing/date ends as a result of that action, and all the Sims that were in your group disband and leave. I haven't tested to see if this bug is still there after a factory restart, because the only ones I had time to test were the ones that involve saving the new test game and then reloading it.
  • Options
    Stacyblue1Stacyblue1 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I looked over the first page and did not see a fix posted about false pregnancy.I have been dealing with this problem and I finely managed to fix my sim.I moved her to the clipboard and the back in.That reset her and using master controler I pollinated her and then ended pregnancy.I tried this with out moving her many times and it would not work.I think it was the aching back moodlet preventing me from fixing her.I am no expert this is just what I have seen.I have made about 4 saves of the same game trying to fix her.Everytime she had the moodlet ,no fix ,when it is gone fixed.I just thought I would share if anyone else was having trouble fixing their sim.
  • Options
    ShinyknightShinyknight Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Here's a bug I didn't see in the list -

Children get into different beds (not their own) when having a bedtime story read to them. I had a particular child read to twice - first time she got into her brother's bed, second time she got into her parents bed.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    Here's a bug I didn't see in the list -

Children get into different beds (not their own) when having a bedtime story read to them. I had a particular child read to twice - first time she got into her brother's bed, second time she got into her parents bed.
    This is actually a routing glitch that's been present since the base game. Basically, Sims will just go to the "nearest" object that fits their action/need. It gets screwy when you have multiple floors, as I've had Sims who needed to go to the bathroom travel to the upstairs bathroom instead of the half-bath next to them because they were directly underneath the toilet on the second floor, thus making the game think that that's the closest toilet to the Sim. :roll:

If her and her brother don't share a room, you could see if the "Locked Door" feature helps keep everyone where they are suppose to be. Basically, you move the two sims (the girl and her parent that will read the story) into the same room, pause the game, lock them in via the Locked Door option, and then pick the option to read the bedtime story. When they start, unlock the door to let the parent out.

If the kids do share a room, then I have no clue what to tell you.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2011
    @Unit_13: Vacationing seems to be bugged big time. I'll add your variation

@Damaris1972: Ok, thanks for the report

@wecantpickaname: Ok. I'll check your issues again tomorrow and add accordingly.

@Stinalina: I'm a mac-clueless-person

@ZeekSlider: I'll update tomorrow.

@Stacyblue1: Thank you. I'll link your solution

@Shinyknight: I'll add

EDIT: Off to bed for me. I'll add the stuff tomorrow, when it's slower here.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    dsgnGrldsgnGrl Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Unit_13 wrote:
    I was able to redo the action. The main problem I am having is that when I patched I was on vacation in Egypt and when i return my Sim home i lose stuff that i had in my inventory from the vacation. I also don't receive the vacation bonus to happiness thing. This hurts because I need to catch crocodiles in Egypt and take them to France. When I go back to Egypt the adventure opportunities have reset back about 2 or 3 quests back. I also am having problems with taking pictures with the camera you can buy on vacation. When I first buy it I can take 1 picture with it then when I try to take more pictures my Sim shows the action of taking pictures but will not complete it. I am lucky enough that i can still save and reload at that particular spot but I can not complete any quests where I need to take pictures.

I was just coming to report the same bug. My couple traveled to France, and when they returned their inventories were empty, which made the "bring three artifacts back" quest impossible. Also, their cell phones no longer work, but their teenagers who didn't go to France still have working phones and inventories.

It particularly hurt because their car was in the parent's inventory.
  • Options
    legosim12legosim12 Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2011
    @crinrict
    I just remembered that when I downloaded the leek patch I didn't remove the Master Controller and I started on a new town everything was fine, but when I accessed the old games it started, this could be a problem with the Master Controller?
    Can I save my old games?
    Anyway right now I made a clean re-installment.
  • Options
    jkrman401jkrman401 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is already reported but I have a little more info on the Teen Party/Parent oppertunity. I had the issue of only part of the parents coming back.

First they cam home early. 3:00am and day early. When they arrived they visually had aged to elder but according to everything else had not(Walk, age bar) Inventory, Wishes and Lifetime wish had be reset. Also, in the relationship tab the were grayed as if still gone.

Later I recieved a mssg warning they would be home in 2 hours and to clean up. After that their icons in the relationship tab returned to normal, nothing else did. I aged them up using Testingcheatsenabled true and they had a birthday to Elder. No visual change after the Birthday.

• Options
    wannie00wannie00 Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2011
    Don't know if this has been posted but the medieval themed bunk bed seems to be bugged. When I pick the bunk bed and try to change the shell to the white option with the heart it doesn't place correctly. The heart shows up as the lion crest.

Edit to add: I am running on the latest patch 1.22 and I have tried with mods and without my mods.
  • Options
    fredbaremumfredbaremum Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2011
    There seems to be a problem with slumber parties - all my teens went home after a few hours, just like any other kind of party.

:?:
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2011
    So far the one bug that sticks out for me is with Create-A-Style. Whenever I try to save a pattern or new color, it acts like it will save but then when I go back to that category, for example, "miscellaneous" It never saved any of my new colors.

This happens repeatedly when I am in Create-A-Sim trying to use the Create-A-Style ever since I installed Generations.

I am currently using no mods or cc. I took them all out before the install and so far just playing my game clean. Other then this particular bug, I have not really noticed anything else...yet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top