Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2011
    goofball68 wrote:
    I have a new problem for you.

In "Edit Town" I cannot place new lots.
    For example, if I have a lot in the bin, (even EA's default lots) when I click "Place copy" there are NO spaces available to place the lot onto. I know I am doing this correctly because I've never had a problem before. There are big enough empty lot spaces available but as soon as I click "place copy" all the available lot spaces disappear.

Is it the right zone? i.e. residential/commercial?
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    Overwatch has been updated so hopefully those who are using it won't have an issue anymore with the parents going on the free vacation.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2011
    OK. I'm a little distracted right now, so apologies if I miss anyone.

@PixelRainbow: Try the technical forum for that issue. Has been reported several times.

@Dove_CG: They learn handiness from that ? I thought it was logic.

1) I'll add the fridge problem.
    2) Where did you get the gym from ? Is it the one that came with the hood your playing or built by someone ? Do you download houses from the Exchange ?
    3) Did they go traveling ?

@ireneruthyablon: I've seen a similar report in a german forum (not a member there so I can't ask), so your not alone. I would suggest getting rid of all that cc, just to see if it goes away. Instructions on how to make your game vanilla without reinstalling can be found on the first page.

@Janina1211: The cache file contain game information to make the game faster and the info more easily accessible. Sometimes when you delete your mods, they still contain info about it being there, so you need to delete them so they can be recreated with the fresh info.

To install the patch, simply double click on it once it downloaded. No need to get it into the launcher.

@ZeekSlider: I'll add.

@ladynaava: Has been broken before this patch as far as I remember. Not dealing in sillyness ;) That thread would be even longer if I would. I feel with you, thinking the same, and getting a mod for it. Maybe post it in a suggestion thread ?

@Darkskye: Ok Thanks for the extra info

@JaanaDruid: Haven't heard of this one but it probably is. I'll add anyway.

@simsluver6994: Something seems to be corrupting those Sims. Read other reports on that. So far, only suggestion I have is to see if ErrorTrap (Mod) can help with that and maybe post any errors your getting in Twallan's forum. Loosing items bug is on the list

@Stinalina: I'm swiss, which makes me over-organised. Maybe open one yourself ? You don't have to be techni. Just collect what you read and compile. You don't have to answer anyone. I think just having a place where stuff is collected, helps people. You can even just link to peoples posts.

And again, I forgot to add the long-action issue. Have to word that out properly.

New issues:
    1) Never played that career so not very familiar with it. Canceling out task has also been an ongoing issue. Maybe the sims are stuck somewhere or simply not around ? I'll add though
    2) Maybe a variation of the mood bug ? Buzzler says it's not fixed. I'll add
    3) Sort inventory on MasterController should unstick them. Other than that, I have no solution.
    4) Odd. I'll add if I get another similar report. Keeping in mind till then (I hope)
    5) Patch: You should see icons on the left hand corner of your launcher. Hover over them to get the versions for each EP (if your launcher opens, that is)

@samsonkflai: Any mods/hacks in your game or did you take any out ? Can you add new ones and check if they are still there on restarting the game.

@Snapdragon: Ok, so it's either a random thing or it has nothing to do with the ghost.

@Thetford: Thanks for that info. I'll add

@mandyrobin2: Freeze or just going on forever ? Any mods/hacks/cc in your game ?

@Kita5399: Pregnancy issue has been reported before. Should be on the list. Where did you use the make-out interaction ?

@BoltzY2k: Do you have any mods in or removed any ? Are they supposed to come home ? I really don't know how it all works. I guess I need a day of playing tomorrow :)

@Thetford: Thanks for the report/tip. I'll link your suggestions and see if others can confirm/deny

@Zeek: Seems people without GEN are getting that patch

@BoltzY2k: Thanks for that report. I'll link your suggestions and see if others can confirm/deny

@fungamer2:
    1) Object: Is on the list.
    2) Treeag says the mod should be fine. I would advise to remove all cc anyways and retry without them. Just to be sure. With an update, any kind of cc can become a problem. Otherwise try the Crash Log Analyzer over at MTS to see if it can give you a clue.

@goofball68: Are you sure those are empty lots (if the have a house symbol, they have a emtpy house on them which you will need to bulldoze first. Unfortunately that can get rid of the lot all together so build 4 walls first, then bulldozes. Are the lots the right type ? And are you using any mods/hacks

@EIisabetta: ErrorTrap has been updated as well. I'll add that to the first post. Thanks for the report.

Thanks everyone.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Rrrjtl1Rrrjtl1 Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am having an issue with CAS. Anytime I go to change a pattern and I choose Misc. in the drop down box it seems to lock up so to speak. I cannot accept, cancel, change to different style of pattern, etc. Those things are just greyed out. I can change the color of whatever thing I am trying to customize, but I can't save anything I am doing. I am just stuck. I have cleared caches, removed everything stated on the first page. I am in the process of patching to 1.22 now and then I will try a fresh game. Has anybody else had this issue?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Has been reported yes. So all your cc is gone (if you had any) ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited June 2011
    When I use the "Makeout" interaction, my sims reset to a different part of the house! I think this one is on your list, but now my Sim is stuck forever pregnant! She had a baby boy, but her bump won't go away, and the interactions on the dresser are still grayed out! I did try "reset Sim" and moving them in and out of the house, no luck! I have Twallans Error trap and Overwatch, the ones he updated today! I only put them in to try and fix this issue, I had the problems before the mods! Thanks!
    Edit: Sorry I should also say I have Generations installed with the patch, so I have game version 8.0! I have all EP's and SP's (not Fast lane)!
    @Kita5399: Pregnancy issue has been reported before. Should be on the list. Where did you use the make-out interaction ?

Thank you! I tried the "makeout" Just about everywhere once I noticed the problem! Couch, standing, bed, hot tub, etc. It happens everywhere!! Sometimes the Sims will disappear, and you can still hear the kissing noises! The Sims will reappear after using the reset sim cheat, but it doesn't solve the issue!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Has been reported yes. So all your cc is gone (if you had any) ?

Yes. I removed all of it as well. I just did that and am still waiting for the patch to download (my internet connection isn't the best :) ). I'll let you know how it works with all of that removed.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    Rrrjtl1 wrote:
    I am having an issue with CAS. Anytime I go to change a pattern and I choose Misc. in the drop down box it seems to lock up so to speak. I cannot accept, cancel, change to different style of pattern, etc. Those things are just greyed out. I can change the color of whatever thing I am trying to customize, but I can't save anything I am doing. I am just stuck. I have cleared caches, removed everything stated on the first page. I am in the process of patching to 1.22 now and then I will try a fresh game. Has anybody else had this issue?

I've had this problem as well. What fixes it for me is to change to another outfit in the window (This only works if there's more than one of them when you go into create a style). Then the greyed out options disappear and I can choose all the patterns.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    LauRawrLauRawr Posts: 130 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I've looked through the thread and don't think I saw my issue, sorry if i missed it.
    I assume this is a bug with the disk?

I have all the EPs, patch 1.22.9.011002. I have no cc or mods in my game.

I installed the game fine, but when I put the disk in it starts uninstalling the game. If I click off that I get the game launcher, if I click play, it tells me to insert world adventures disk. If I do that I then get an issue saying "unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)" and it takes me back to the launcher.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but I have the same issue.

(Edit: Posted this in the technical discussion forum aswell http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/383475.page )
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    EIisabetta wrote:
    Rrrjtl1 wrote:

I've had this problem as well. What fixes it for me is to change to another outfit in the window (This only works if there's more than one of them when you go into create a style). Then the greyed out options disappear and I can choose all the patterns.

Thanks so much! I'll have to remember to try that.
  • Options
    mandyrobin2mandyrobin2 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2011
    I went on forever just continually proccessing.I had the overwatch mod and CC but someone suggested deleting all of it to see if it fixed it, I did but it didn't.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I went on forever just continually proccessing.I had the overwatch mod and CC but someone suggested deleting all of it to see if it fixed it, I did but it didn't.

That's kind of what mine does. The only mods I use are Twallan's. Story Progression and the modules for it, Overwatch, Master Controller, and Woohooer and then custom content. I REALLY hope it's not one of the mods doing it. But we shall see...getting ready to start a vanilla game. I'll just try it with a pre-made family. To be quicker and all :)

Edit: Well running vanilla seems to work fine. I was trying to change the pattern of custom content. But that shouldn't have made a difference. At this point I'll have to see if the other suggestion of choosing a different style of same outfit helps. Hope this is a bug, and gets fixed soon, and not one of the mods. Though, I have never had a problem with Twallan's mods before.
  • Options
    Dove_CGDove_CG Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Dove_CG: They learn handiness from that ? I thought it was logic.

1) I'll add the fridge problem.
    2) Where did you get the gym from ? Is it the one that came with the hood your playing or built by someone ? Do you download houses from the Exchange ?
    3) Did they go traveling ?

Maybe it was logic. It was the first time I had ever used that particular item so I might be misremembering and perhaps that's what it was. :I

1) Thank you!

2) It was the gym that came with Sunset Valley. I haven't downloaded any Sims, houses, or other lots from the Exchange for Sims 3. I haven't built any houses or public lots either (I was content to use the ones in the house bin and in town.)

3) I just bought World Adventures today and haven't even installed it yet. As of right now, the only thing I have installed is the Sims 3 base game and all of the patches. It wasn't possible for them to have gone traveling when I was playing yesterday.

That said, I've noticed some of the books from WA are in my game, thanks to the patches. My sims have fished up a book from WA before, I've seen others randomly appear in bookcases, and my frugal sims often get coupons for items that are Exp only. Maybe it's possible something in the WA patch is interacting oddly with the Generations patch?

Luckily they did gain more family related wants after I started playing but the ones that had been saved before were lost. :\

Do you think deleting my game's cache might help any?
  • Options
    PhoenixRKOPhoenixRKO Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    I’ve got a major problem

Installed generations, I can edit town no worries, create a family with no fuss, but if I move a family into a house (any house, I’ve even tried an Empty Lot) and the game freezes every time. If I load up an existing family/ house, time speeds up to x3 my Sims are inactive, can’t select them or anything on the lot, doesn’t show their needs/ wants, lifetime wish’s nothing! I’ve deleted all my custom content and pretty much started again from scratch and still getting the problem.

Things I’ve tried include:
    -Installing latest update
    -ignoring update
    -just installing base game and generations
    -deleted all custom content

My Pc is up to spec and plays all the other Sims 3 expansions without a hitch

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Simsgirl1707Simsgirl1707 Posts: 163 New Member
    edited June 2011
    So I've played the game a few times the last few days without a problem, until yesterday. I was playing for a few hours and every now and then I would save, just in case, and the first few times it worked. Then I got a Save Error 15. I tried to use "save as" and save it under a different name, but it didn't work. So I quit without saving which I wasn't happy about.

And NOW... now I started the game to see if I would have the same problem... but now it's worse. That town and family have completely disappeared. I don't believe I've saved another copy of that family since they've had kids who are now teens and I also just completely remodeled their house this week.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quick question...when putting my mods and saves back in, do I also need to put the library back in or will that be created?
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    tigerlily319tigerlily319 Posts: 559 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Another issue (because my game hates me) I found...
    My one teen's mother scolds her for setting b o o b y traps she never really sets and tells her to go into time out. Then after a few minutes the mother goes to scold her only to RE-PUNISH her and tell her to go into time out again, resulting in an endless loop of time outs and scolding.

Edit cause it starred out "b o o b y"...
    Edit again because I noticed this only occurs when the teen is having a mood swing.
  • Options
    TiggyTwonk182TiggyTwonk182 Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    I sent my adopted sim child to boarding school, she went fine. I played for a while after she had gone. I saved the game and quit playing for a few hours. Went back to it and now she's back home. Education tab says she's enrolled at boarding school. She can interact with everything on the home lot fine like normal. She cannot go to school at all, no negative effects from this though.

Is this some sort of bug/glitch? I'm running the latest version (from the manual patch) and it was a whole new family I created with Generations installed.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Trying a fresh game now, with ONLY mods installed. No CC. Maybe I can narrow this down a bit...or maybe it was fixed by deleting cache.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Concerning the patch confusion: It seems it's mainly either for people with the digital download or those who don't have Gen. If the EP patches don't show in your launcher, you don't really need it.

Sorry for the distraction.

If you have posted multiple times, you might have more then one answer. I always post the answers in the order received.

@Kita5399: I'll add

@Rrrjtl1: I'll add the issue. Please let me know if the patch changes anything

@EIisabetta: Thanks for that. I'll add a link to your solution

@LauRawr: Multiple reports on that but since it is a technical issue you will need to wait for answer in your other thread.

@mandyrobin2: Do you have a Pangu's Axe in your house ? If so, move that to your family inventory and try again (it might disappear so try on a copy of your save.

@Rrrjtl1: Are you still taking about your CAS issue ? mandyrobin2 has troubles with moving.

@Dove_CG: Have to ponder that some more tomorrow. It's too late right now. Deleting the cache files is never a bad thing and should be done on a regular basis.

@PhoenixRKO: Try the tip on resetting everything without reinstalling on the first page.

@Simsgirl1707: Save Error 15 has something to do with insufficient rights. Read this to see if you find a solution: [url=ERROR: Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)]http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html[/url]

@Rrrjtl1: Missing folders will be created as needed. So if you just move the stuff back, you will need to create one on your own. If you plan to reinstall your houses through the launcher, it will be created for you. Here's some info on your user files: FAQ: User Files

@ladynaava: You never know when you bug surfaces for you. I've had reports about that in my LN thread as well :)

@tigerlily319: Mama is also having a mood swing ;). I'll add.

@TiggyTwonk182: Do you have any mods installed ?

Teens getting reset from school has been reported before and should be on the list.

@Rrrjtl1: What mods do you have installed (sorry if you stated that before)

Ok. folks. Need to do the adding tomorrow. Pretty beat.

Keep posting and have a good night.

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2011
    @crinrict, sorry for the confusion first of all. I am still dealing with the CAS issue. I am not worried about anything in my save game, as I just went ahead and deleted it and I am going to start fresh. I am now running without any CC just mods. The mods I am running are all Twallan's. I am running Story Progression along with the expanded and extra things; personalities, etc., Overwatch, MasterController, and Woohooer. If the CAS problem still seems to be gone then I'll put my CC back in and go from there.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Did you update those ? Overwatch just had another update today.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Pirategirl952Pirategirl952 Posts: 108 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Well, my game's been running fantastic and I just have one rather depressing glitch- One of my families had twin girls while I was playing another family for a few sim days, and when I went back to the family with the twins one of the twins was gone! The girls were toddlers and the one who disappeared still appears in the family tree, but she's not in the relationship panel. I'm not sure if this is because of generations or something else?

I have no mods or CC, only stuff from the sims 3 store.

Game versions:

1.22.9.011001 Base Game
    8.0.152.011001 Generations
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have just bought Generations today, I installed it and now the game will not start up, It happens when I get to the town screen and click the play button, it is just processing all the time. I have no mods installed and I have removed my CC to try and fix the issue, but I do still have my store content!!!!!

plus, the day before I installed the new patch and their was a problem with the no jealousy reward!!!!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top