Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Married her Imaginary Friend (with more pictures)

Comments

• Options
    CP03CCP03C Posts: 22
    edited June 2011
    This is sooo cool!!! I cant wait to get my hands on this game! I dont think I'm going to come out of my room for a couple of days!
  • Options
    spitfire130313spitfire130313 Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just had my second child in the family, a girl. The day after her birth I received this message about her receiving her own doll.

It says:
    "Greetings from the Lostso Family! We heard that you have a new addition to the family and would like to congratulate you! The Lostso family has sent Arwen Smith a special toy. Gain relationship with it to reveal its special gifts as she ages. Retrieve the mail to place it in Arwen's inventory."

dollw.png
  • Options
    JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I had the IF doll 3 times. Never got it to turn into a real person. Have to try that today.
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited June 2011
    spitfire130313, those pics are too adorable :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I had the IF doll 3 times. Never got it to turn into a real person. Have to try that today.

It was my goal from the beginning :) My Sim kids are now children and want to morph their friends. Good thing the mother is still alive to make the potions for them. Going to transform two more imaginary friends into Sims.

NezImani: Thanks for the comments!
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just had my second child in the family, a girl. The day after her birth I received this message about her receiving her own doll.

It says:
    "Greetings from the Lostso Family! We heard that you have a new addition to the family and would like to congratulate you! The Lostso family has sent Arwen Smith a special toy. Gain relationship with it to reveal its special gifts as she ages. Retrieve the mail to place it in Arwen's inventory."

dollw.png

Am I the only one who finds that name funny. Lostso. Poor souls are Lost. Feel sorry for them. Sorry. I'm having a mad half hour, I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Haha no I thought the same thing. Pretty sure that is the name unless I am blind since the font is a bit small in the picture.

Recently my imaginary friend's son morphed his imaginary friend (confusing much?)

Before:
    screenshot705x.jpg

After:
    screenshot707.jpg

I started another post just to get people to show off their transformations. Hopefully others post theirs :)
  • Options
    geekkategeekkate Posts: 412 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I love the Imaginary Friends! They are so cute :) My first baby (Jacob) got his IF in the mail the day after he was born. He named her Franny and has been playing with her every chance he gets.

Screenshot-329.jpg

Screenshot-309.jpg

I'm very sad though! My sims have had two more children after Jacob and neither have gotten an IF in the mail :( I have my fingers crossed that at least one more child will get it since they're going to have two more children.

Has anyone else had this happen? Where there are multiple kids born but only some get the IF doll? :cry:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So far both my children received their dolls. My first child was create a sim and she received one.
    Her son received one when he was born from his deceased Grandma.
    Her second child received one from some company called Lostso.
    However, her third and adopted son (who I adopted as a child) never received one.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So far both my children received their dolls. My first child was create a sim and she received one.
    Her son received one when he was born from his deceased Grandma.
    Her second child received one from some company called Lostso.
    However, her third and adopted son (who I adopted as a child) never received one.

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm really hoping that more than one of my sim children will get one. So far it's 1/3, and the mom has a LTW of raising 5 kids. I'd really prefer it not to be 1/5! lol
  • Options
    Wolf10kFireWolf10kFire Posts: 416 Member
    edited June 2011
    Cute pictures! :mrgreen:

I'm considering having my sim's older sister marry his imaginary friend. Although she already has a boyfriend, so I'm trying to decide which one I prefer for her :lol: Her parents were not to happy with her boyfriend and had her shipped off to boarding school :twisted:
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited June 2011
    I really hope this next baby gets one! Neither of my toddlers got one and then I had Aimee have another baby. Still none. If I'm luck I'll get 1/5 :lol:

• Options
    SidonzoSidonzo Posts: 196 New Member
    edited June 2011
    That is so awesome! XD

My sims had twin girls and they both got imaginary friends! They are still children and haven't turned their friends real yet, but that is definitely in the plan! XD I love their crazy outfits, eyes and hair.
  • Options
    Musicaluver88Musicaluver88 Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    This is too cute. It's like a beautiful little love story. <3
  • Options
    thegiltreysthegiltreys Posts: 241 Member
    edited June 2011
    My imaginary friend turned out to be a very attractive African American guy with light blue eyes and short, dark green hair. Oddly the game won't let me take photos of him for some reason though. They always turn out blacked out for some weird reason. Oh well, my female Sim likes him. Maybe I can get a wedding out of them too.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My imaginary friend turned out to be a very attractive African American guy with light blue eyes and short, dark green hair. Oddly the game won't let me take photos of him for some reason though. They always turn out blacked out for some weird reason. Oh well, my female Sim likes him. Maybe I can get a wedding out of them too.

That is depressing that we cannot see a screen shot of him. I would love to see him. Maybe use the print screen button and then paste the picture into Paint of another program?
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited June 2011
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sim_memroy/null/000/001/010/50/original.jpg

our new baby with her IF. hopefully that link takes u to the memory, its on page 9 last from bottom of the memories for this family. O ya and its a boy doll, lol, i am thinking with this family that each kid marry their IF. Could be interesting.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    sirona66 wrote:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sim_memroy/null/000/001/010/50/original.jpg

our new baby with her IF. hopefully that link takes u to the memory, its on page 9 last from bottom of the memories for this family. O ya and its a boy doll, lol, i am thinking with this family that each kid marry their IF. Could be interesting.

That would be very cool! You'll have to take some pics of each kid with their IF spouse if you decide to do that!
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited June 2011
    My twin girls both got IFs! I'm really hoping they'll turn real, I'm having the girls play with them all the time. Their mother's LTW is also to have five children, and she's pregnant again, so I'll see how many more get IFs :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    My twin girls both got IFs! I'm really hoping they'll turn real, I'm having the girls play with them all the time. Their mother's LTW is also to have five children, and she's pregnant again, so I'll see how many more get IFs :)

Just a heads up, to turn them real you need a really good relationship with the imaginary friend plus the potion from the chemistry set (which your Sim needs to learn) :)
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited June 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:

Just a heads up, to turn them real you need a really good relationship with the imaginary friend plus the potion from the chemistry set (which your Sim needs to learn) :)

I've been having them play with theirs constantly, and I'm having the mother work on potions :)

Just one problem- when the imaginary friend becomes a real sim he/she is part of the household, right? Which means that if my family has five kids plus the two parents then only one of the kids can have an imaginary friend turn real, unless I move one of the parents out :(
  • Options
    HrtBr8krHrtBr8kr Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2011
    However since they have been married
    she keeps getting accused of sleeping with the occult
    :(

That is hilarious!
  • Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I only earned the morphing potion when she was a young adult so I am not sure if they can have a relationship as a teenager or not :) However when they are in their doll form, you cannot do any romantic interactions. The dolls age as your Sim does! I was afraid she would lose them when she turned into a young adult but nope. People thought she was crazy when she talked about him.

So she has to make the potion? If one of her bothers or sisters had a higher logic skill then her they wouldn't be able to help her out? And you have to wait for an opportunity?
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks so much for sharing. This is one of my favorite threads ever :-) That IF turned out to be a cutie! Hope I get one like him :mrgreen:
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited June 2011
    BUMP! (I want an answer :lol: )