Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Options
    SilverSerpentSilverSerpent Posts: 15
    edited June 2011
    I've played some more now and I have discovered that these things happen in my game as well:

- Having Fun" and "Having a Blast" only last 50 min and decay very fast <-- Utterly annoying, I can't believe my sims are so easily bored! They almost die from boredom while at work.
    - Sims do never ending animations (like clapping) <-- Yup, I have the clapping and the shouting. It drives me insane!

And here are some other things:
    - My sims no longer answer the phone by themselves.
    - They no longer go to work by themselves, they just stay home and do silly things.
    - My fire-fighter sim doesn't do anything when he's in someone's home and should put out the fire that's going on. He just wants to go home!
    - When my sims are out dancing or drinking or whatever they also just want to go home. Go home is like the ONLY thing they do automatically while in town since I installed Generations.
    - When my sims are visiting a club a strange noise like from a broken record or something is being played. It appears as soon as my sim walks through the door of the place. The noise loops and makes it impossible to enjoy the music in the club. Very frustrating.

Add that to the camera acting all stupid and the fact that vampire mood bars are now pink - PINK!!! - and I'm pretty frustrated and disappointed by now. :thumbdown:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Rmk375Rmk375 Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @simlady4: There have been several report to this. No fixes yet, sorry. I might need to set up a thread on this issue to gather more info. But that will need to wait till tomorrow.

@Rmk375: Sounds like your towns have uninstalled themselves (they sometimes do that). Reinstall them trough your purchase history. Can't help you right now with the freezing. You might want to check the technical section.

Ok guys. I need to call it a night. I won't last till two tonight. Keep bumping and reporting, I'll get back to you in the morning.

Good Night everyone.

I have deleted and re-installed both through my purchase history several times still don't appear
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    I thought so!

I uploaded the Memories I have from today to see how many it would take to crash my game. Thankfully, the 49 memories I have didn't crash the game, but I noticed that they are being uploaded in the same manner that Spore content is being uploaded. How? Because I got the same error I get on Spore whenever something doesn't upload properly.

The error read "Unable to upload to the site." I was logged in via the game. I clicked the Share button again, and it uploaded just fine. I checked my Studio, and it showed that I uploaded the same memory twice.

THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS TO ME WITH SPORE!

However, due to a Java scripting error on the website, I can't delete the second accidental upload.

Strangely enough, I got the 50 Memory upload badge even though I only have 49 Memories. The rewards are clearly based on how many times you upload to the site, so it is entirely possible to upload the same memory 200 times to get all the rewards. I don't know if you would count that as a bug, but seeing as how there are acheivement items, it is very possible for someone to cheat the game to get them with no problem now.

Also, the in-game Download Dashboard won't download the Memory Upload rewards. I had to go via the Store > Purchase History to get them. :roll:
  • Options
    MissJubilationMissJubilation Posts: 16
    edited June 2011
    Neverminde my problem, my fiance fixed it.
  • Options
    DylannyDylanny Posts: 468
    edited June 2011
    For me it was completely unplayable.

I'm on a mac, and although I've had minor glitches before, they were minor.
    Generations was a disaster!
    Sims disappeared
    Forgot actions.
    Got stuck in actions.
    Every two minutes, for no reason I could figure, I got the notifcation that my sim had just entered the world of mixology.
    EVERYTIME I started to play I would get 60 to 80 notifications telling me that my sims will start at level 3 because they played the zylophone!

I cannot tell you what the version was because I uninstalled it and replaced EVERYTHING SIMS from my Time Machine disc from Sunday-- before generations. And I will not let it update or load the patch no matter how often it asks me!

(Memories are annoying! EVERY SECOND a little stack of photos, I assune, appear over the sims head. I mean CONSTANTLY!)
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey Crinrict, I read through the list of found glitches and didn't see this one, so forgive me if I missed it and am repeating something already known.

The first issue I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the collection helper reward no longer works properly. It only gives the option to "give as a gift" not to search for seeds, rocks, insects, etc, basically it's original function. The collection helper that's borked in my game was purchased post install of Generations, although it is in a continuing game from before Gen. I did use Twallan's MC, Story Progression and Overwatch, but all of those were moved prior to installing Generations and the updated versions have not been installed in game just yet.

The other glitch I've encountered is that the Medical Career outfit seems to be overridden by the chem table outfit. I am playing a family with a sim who is in the medical career track, she's currently an infectious disease researcher. Instead of the medical outfit she used to put on to go to work, she wears the outfit that sims don to work at the chem lab station. I'll admit that this is a very minor glitch as far as I'm concerned, mostly because I think the chem lab station outfit looks better than the doctor's overcoat she was wearing before. heh :P But I did think it was interesting enough to be worth mentioning. If you'd like I can try to get pics next time I'm in game, just say the word.

And thanks for all the work you do to try to record know glitches as a means to keep people's games running as smoothly as possible.
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have all the EP, my game is fully patched, I am using a saved family not a new one, my computer specs: 4gigs ram, windows 7, GeForce GTX 275
    the only cc I am using is hair and a small amount of clothing, no mods, cc skin and eyes.

My problems:

After my teen sim aged up after returning home form boarding school, she cannot get a job at all...only professions are available to her

When changing outfits through the dresser, CAS is all messed up, I cannot change patterns at all, only the color of whats already there....the category is stuck on miscellaneous and cannot be changed to anything else and there is even any options in misc. to chose from, its blank

I get random memories for things my sims did not do

After my teen that went to boarding school aged up, a little while into game play, I know cannot fully switch sims in my house hold. I can click on the other sims and control them, but their larger photo icon and details are locked to the one same sim which is really odd
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2011
    Bump. Good Grief Mods STICKY THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have patch 1.22. The only issue ive had is that i am at the 9th level of the Law Enforcement Forensics Branch and i can no longer question people! Does anyone else have this problem? :!:
  • Options
    DemonicWingsDemonicWings Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi! I just encountered a bug in my game that reset my sim after several romantic interactions. It seems I can't even propose to the other sim.

Anyway, I have version 8.0.5.011001 (what my launcher said)and I have never used mods, and use very little CC. I have already gone through and cleared my game of all bad CC several times today, and this is a brand new computer, so it doesn't have anything but the Sims 3, as well as it's expansion packs on it.

I *did* install a patch after downloading Generations today.

I'm not sure what my specs are, but I have a quad-core processor, high-performance PC that runs on Windows 7.
  • Options
    MrGhostbusterMrGhostbuster Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    I have patch 8.0.152.011001 and I am running all the expansion packs including Generations. After installing Generations I have found several of the Lifetime wishes missing from the game. It seems like it might be affecting career-based wishes as "Become CEO of a Mega Corporation", "Star News Anchor", and "Leader of the Free World" disappeared so far. And even when I select a Sim who I created months ago who possesses one of the mentioned wishes, I'm met with a "Select a Lifetime Wish for you Sim!" window and none of the previously mentioned wishes are an option. this is especially frustrating because it seems to be affecting all of my Sims.
  • Options
    KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2011
    I did the dep thing and now it will not load at all. I loaded the launcher and there is a problem with start up please look at log but there is no error log.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    GOOD NEWS!! The Long Distance Friendship LTR cancels out the Relationship Reset bug I and Wales have!! None of my friend relationships reseted upon loading the test game after buying the LTR!! So, yay! We have a in-game walk-thru to fix this issue!!

<happy dance> I knew pulling this all-day testing would be benificial eventually!
  • Options
    Damaris1972Damaris1972 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am not using any CC or mods, but I did remove Overwatch before installing Generations. I have all of the EPs and stuff packs, current patch level is 8.0.152.011017. Processor is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual with 2.61 Ghz, 3.25 GB of RAM. 3.24 gig memory, NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ video card, Windows XP platform. This is regarding an existing game.

I only played for 45 minutes or so, but encountered the following issues:

1.) Father can no longer interact with anyone in the family, but they can interact with him. When I play the father and try to click on someone to interact, I only see their name and celebrity status. Nothing else happens. The father can, however, interact with people outside the household. (Note that the father recently came back from a trip to Shang Simla. The family did not go with him).

2.) One of the children are enrolled in boarding school, but when the taxi came to pick him up, he got about halfway there, and then the taxi stopped, he got out, got on his bike and rode back home. His stats say he is still enrolled in boarding school, but the mother doesn't have the option to pull him out of school.

3.) Father's inventory items are flashing frantically.

4.) Mother and father's age bars were maxed out at 0 days (ready to transition to Elder), but when I last played the game they still had many, MANY days left before becoming Elders.

5.) When the father transitioned to Elder, the camera view started spinning wildly and I couldn't stop it. Pausing the game, switching to Build mode and doing other things does not stop it.

• Options
    zombiepride9zombiepride9 Posts: 203
    edited June 2011
    You know how you can control the game with the keyboard, like press C for camera, press 1 2 3 4 for how fast time goes by, it's not letting me do that at all! help would be very much appreciated because I cant have my sims videotape any important things like their babies first steps or anything like that. I really need help, this is making me very frustrated. thanks in advance!
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have an update on the missing books in the bookcases problem. After going through my CC with a fine toothed comb to make sure there weren't any errant mods I missed, I went into another house. This was a premade Maxis house. There were books in the shelf. I started a new game and moved a brand new family into the same house as before (one of the new Generations homes - Kid Tested Mother Approved or something like that) aaaand, no books in the bookshelves. I think it may be that house.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    Emma24601Emma24601 Posts: 94
    edited June 2011
    When one my sims was at the park on a date the girl took the car to the cafe and he was supposed to go to, but she left without him. When I told him to go to the cafe he refused to hail a taxi and I had to teleport him there.

All the pictures for my memories have disapeard completely. I had them in the beginning and now all of them are gone for all old and new memories.

Also all the books on some book cases are gone.
  • Options
    CloudyLuikCloudyLuik Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2011
    The worst bug ive seen: I create a sim..move them into a house and the game's buttons disapear. Im not able to interact with ANYTHING, i have to ctrl alt del just to get the game to shut down. One out of three times doing this the game asks if i want to save first...sSO SO SO frustrating. :evil: :shock: :?:
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2011
    @Hell9997, sarasgamecube14: Did you have any troubles before with taking screens before the update ? I'll add

@kdspen: Sounds like major sim corruption. Wonder if the imaginary friend did it. If you are willing to try a mod, you could give Twallan's ErrorTrap a try and see if that can clean them up.

@TribbleTruffle: Thank you for the extra info. I'll add that

@mhobler: Wonder if it's game design (aka annoyance) or a bug. You can turn off your memory messages in the options.

@thatgeekgirl: Older bug. Sometimes the beds get corrupted. Glad you solved it.

@ZeekSlider: Maybe it's really on purpose that Sims with 0 relationship get deleted since those relationships were really cluttering up the memory. Maybe the introduced the new bug in the process. To early to tell. Thanks for the report.

@HoldynSnydyr: Try removing your cache files: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html

@cherid87120: I assume on an existing game ? Are you using mods/hacks ?

@SilverSerpent: Stupid question but on what setting do you have your free will ? Sounds like a problem that has been reported a while ago where Sims seem to loose their free will. Never found a solution though. Thanks for the other reports.

@Rmk375: Could you check in your documents folder, how many entries you now have in the folder InstalledWorlds. Also try deleting any entries from the folder WorldCaches. Are you missing any other downloads ?

@ZeekSlider: Why do you think do I already have my 200 memories badge ? It's really quite easy to accomplish ;) The crashing is on the list

@MissJubilation: Good for you

@Dylanny: Was that an existing game ? And did you/do you have any mods in ?

@KLorelei: Did you reset your town before removing SP (if you are using the expanded/extra modules as well that is) ? Did you try on a brand new game as well ? I'll add for now but it would be great if you could answer these questions.

And you're welcome. I think it's calming down people, so it's worth it.

@I_am_bean
    1) Boarding school/job: I'll add
    2) CAS: Try removing ALL cc you have there (especially your skins) and try again if you see the same problems. Also try a new game to see if that makes a difference.
    3) Memories: I'll add
    4) See if restarting the game resolves this one.

@cherid87120: Thank you

@crebo19: On an existing game ? Are you/did you use any mods.

@DemonicWings: What do you mean by resets ? There has been a bug with propose/go steady option for a long while now.

@MrGhostbuster: Are you/ did you use any mods at all ? Does the same happen on a new game ?

@Kovee: Did you restart your computer after doing DEP ? Can you start your game without the launcher ? Here's some info on the error: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/error-there-was-error-during-startup.html

You might want to try if the error goes away if you undo DEP just to see if those are related at all.

@ZeekSlider: Thank you. I'll gladly add that solution

@Damaris1972:
    1) On the list
    2) On the list but not in so many words. I'll add a link to your post.
    3) On the list.
    4) On the list
    5) Odd. I'll add

@zombiepride9: Sorry. I have no idea. Is it a new game or an old one and are you using any mods at all ? I'll add though

@EIisabetta: Which book case is it ?

@Emma24601: Are you/did you using any mods/hacks/cc ? Which bookcases are missing their books ? I'll add the missing photos in the memories thing, that has been reported several time.

How did he refuse ? Did he just stand around or what did he do ?

@CloudyLuik: Mods ? Hacks ? New game ? What do you mean by game's buttons ? The blue bar on the bottom ?

A note behalf of my questions: I'm not trying to blame bugs on mods/hacks/cc but I do need to make sure that's not the problem. They have really changed a lot this time round and it could be that ANY CC is not valid anymore.

Also please apologize if I ask you the same questions you've already stated. I can't keep everyone's specs in mind. Please restate your situation with every bug (@Zeek: No, this goes not for you).

Thanks to everyone to keep this thread at a non-complaint level.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    crinrict, thanks for doing this. I meant to say that earlier. Threads like this are so helpful.

There were two bookcases in the house, both of them with no books. One came with Generations. The other is, I believe a base game bookcase.

The two bookcases are: Sweet Treasures Bookshelf and Penningway Bookshelf.

I replaced the Sweet Treasures Bookshelf with another one of the same and it had books. The Penningway I replaced with something else and it also had books. I also just switched to another home, and the bookshelf there had books, so I really do think it's the house.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Only problem I've run into so far is when I put the disk in, instead of the launcher coming up it shows a box asking if I want to uninstall Generations and reinstall it. The pack only works if I click the icon in the start menu
  • Options
    SummerRaiSummerRai Posts: 19
    edited June 2011
    The launcher constantly freezes when I try to start the game and then crashes and my sim has a grey line around its neck during gameplay. I also encountered this once when my sim wasn't interacting with anyone the friendship or w/e bar would go up with all the sims it knew of.

Edit: Also, when I start a game it goes to 19 days instead of 21 on the normal life span (this has happened for quite awhile though).

thanks for the help.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @EIisabetta: Thanks for the info

@Vermatrix: A few people have reported that but it's more of a technical issue and not really a bug. You should report that there.

@SummerRai:
    - Launcher issue go in the technical section of this forum.
    - Do you have any cc cloth that could be faulty ? Try giving him a different outfit
    - Random friendships have been an issue since AMB came out.

First I want to say something about twallan's mods

Almost all of them are updated but that does NOT mean that they are without error. They run fine and won't crash your game but all the new EP functionality has not been taken into account just yet. I'm reading through his forum right now to find out what errors might be caused by any of his mods.

Overwatch currently causes two bugs:
    - Parents are teleported back from their vacation opportunity. Seems to mess them up big time. Turn off recover missing sims in overwatch for now (I think you can turn it off)
    - Strollers go missing from the inventory.

If you have his updated mods and you see any oddness, take them out, try again and if you can pinpoint them to the mod, report them here as well as in twallan's forums (if you don't want to become a member there, please state so and I will post for you).

Buzzler has also updated his fixes and he says, bad mood is NOT fixed. The fast social decay IS fix but that seems like the only major bug EA fixed. Not all mods by Buzzler are updated yet, though but I'm sure he's working on it, so please don't bug him about it (don't ever bug any modder about updating theirs mods. They will if they want to).
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nessa762Nessa762 Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    Hey, first time poster, I'm having an issue with one of characters in generations. He cannot interact with any of the other sims and jumps out of social actions. This is the second time it's happened and I have made too much progress that I don't want to start over.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Do you have any mods/hacks in your game ?
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top