Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Generations for Mac!!! :(

Comments

• Options
    SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited May 2011
    kstahl55 wrote:
    It says WIN/MAC on it. Also, PC is short for personal computer. Although it is popularly used to mean Windows, it doesn't specify the operating system. Macs are PCs. Therefore PC only just means computer only really.

I think this is right, it's for personal computers only not console.
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited May 2011
    Meant to delete, not quote myself aha
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    kstahl55kstahl55 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Then why wouldn't it say WIN/MAC like every other game?

http://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Gen3.jpg

Gen3.jpg
    Here on EA.com it says it's available for both: http://www.ea.com/search?keyphrase=sims+3+generations
  • Options
    Louis_The_XIIILouis_The_XIII Posts: 974 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I just called EA myself, as I preordered for MAC, and they said to me the preorder from EA's store is not MAC compatible.

I have cancelled my order
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited May 2011
    it just looks like the preordering is for pc users. Or just the digital download
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I just called EA myself, as I preordered for MAC, and they said to me the preorder from EA's store is not MAC compatible.

The EA store says "Available on: PC, Mac" in the description for Generations :/
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:
    it just looks like the preordering is for pc users. Or just the digital download
    I think it might be the digital download
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:

That is what he told me. I asked them why a physical copy was available if it is not MAC compatile, and he told me the System requirements here: http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=219720800 say that the physical copy is packaged for windows/pc only :x
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    N3mb3r wrote:

That is what he told me. I asked them why a physical copy was available if it is not MAC compatile, and he told me the System requirements here: http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=219720800 say that the physical copy is packaged for windows/pc only :x
    Wait so is the pre-order for the physical copy mac compatible? D:
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited May 2011
    This is very confusing. I still haven't come to my conclusion whether to believe it IS for MAC or if it ISN'T. I need a real answer, not that I'm complaining, though, as I don't use a MAC. But if the computer I mainly use breaks down, I'll be bummed using the back-up MAC Sims3.

To me it looks like it will be available to MAC and PC users. Pre-ordering seems to only be for PC users.

I think I have this straight?
    But at the EA site it says for MAC and PC. So I'm still confused...

• Options
    AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Man I'm glad I don't have a mac
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    This is very confusing. I still haven't come to my conclusion whether to believe it IS for MAC or if it ISN'T. I need a real answer, not that I'm complaining, though.

To me it looks like it will be available to MAC and PC users. Pre-ordering seems to only be for PC users.

I think I have this straight?
    But at the EA site it says for MAC and PC. So I'm still confused...
    I think that the pre-order for the physical copy of the game is for both mac and pc, except the digital download is PC only, because I just went on amazon and their pre-order says it's for both.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    kstahl55 wrote:
    N3mb3r wrote:

That is what he told me, and he stated "It is clearly stated in the system requiremtns that this Game is packaged for PC users only, not MAC/WIN users"
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    kstahl55 wrote:
    N3mb3r wrote:

That is what he told me, and he stated "It is clearly stated in the system requiremtns that this Game is packaged for PC users only, not MAC/WIN users"
    So how come amazon's pre-order says it's for both operating systems? Man, I'm confused.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited May 2011
    Ahh, you broke my heart for a second. Until I saw the 345679042709834762083492079634082763498726340528074392034672089736492634072634987263498762394762983476928364927634987263498762398476298347628937649287369826734 replies saying that it is for Mac as well as PC. I think she gets it, guys...
    44444.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Crap... I (not saying you are) hope you're lying... :(
    44444.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Crap... I (not saying you are) hope you're lying... :(
    I'm pretty sure that it's the digital download only that's only PC, because all the sites I've been on selling the physical copy say it's for both. I hope at least :(
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited May 2011
    The cover claims 'WIN/MAC'.

Every retailer(Or at least most) other than the EA Store state that it's for Windows and Mac.

Every past expansion for Sims 3 has been for Mac and Windows.

PC = Personal computer. Which includes Windows and Mac.

From this, I find this doubtful.

Either, those running the store have made a slight mistake(Which I very much reckon) Or this is only the case for when ordering from EA. I highly doubt they'd suddenly stop supporting Macs. Afterall, the game is programmed for both. Both share the same disk, it would just be plain odd for EA to purposefully change that after already programming the expansion to run on both PCs. And already stating that they'd continue to support Mac support throughout The Sims 3's lifetime. I would't listen to customer support, they're useless. They're the same group who claimed The Sims 2 site was closing down two months ago. And when have they ever really been correct before? Then again, there's a first for everything, so I guess we just have to wait and see. :wink:

EDIT: And chances are, customer support and EA's reps are getting their information right from the EA store, just like us. I doubt they know much more than we do.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Guys calm down it was probably just a typo, the case says "WIN MAC" and the Sims 3, all EP's and SP's have said that and no matter what disc you get it works with Mac & PC, so why would they change that now? Whoever wrote that on the site was probably ignorant and accidentally wrote PC.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ok, I just got off the phone again with EA. The game on Ea's website is NOT available in physical form for MAC users. He has explained to me that EA has not released Generations for Mac's. :x This really ****** me off.

• Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Doesn't the lead designer/producer use a MAC? I find that odd. Why they wouldn't support it, seeing as some of it was most likely made ON ONE.

I'm not buying this one. Just gonna wait and see.
  • Options
    animorpherv1animorpherv1 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited May 2011
    AmberM66 wrote:
    Man I'm glad I don't have a mac

FTFY.
  • Options
    GreatBigSeaGreatBigSea Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited May 2011
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Well under The requirements, it says PC PACKAGED ONLY. Does this mean the physical copy is only for PC?

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=219720800

If you look at the picture of the box it says in giant print "win/mac". That means its for windows pc's and macs no if ands or buts about it.

That doesnt mean anything..

Er.. yeah it kind of does. They also would not give you mac system requirements with a mac OS listed if it was not compatible with macs. They might say that it requires a computer running windows but it does not.

The pac packaged only might mean that its mac compatible only with the physical copy and that maybe the download one is only for PC.

umm ok, well why does it say PC Packaged only then under Ea's site?

Mac System Requirements (PC Packaged Only)

Operating system: MAC OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher

Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor

Hard Disk Space: At least 2 GB** of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.

Video: ATI X1600 or NVIDIA 7300GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=219720800

It means it doesn't have a special box. It comes in the PC box, but is compatible with Macs.
  • Options
    setter1414setter1414 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm so confused. lol. I read through everything. So Generations won't be for mac yet?