Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Höstköping - A Quaint Swedish Township { WIP } Updated - March 7 2011

SverigeSimSverigeSim Posts: 119 New Member
Hej där!

So I've been wanting to do this for a while, and have finally gotten inspiration to do it. I love my home country of Sweden; I find the scenery so beautiful and the cities so quaint and full of history. So I've decided to recreate on of my favourite cities in Sweden, Linköping, for you to enjoy. :)

I haven't done very much so far; As of now, I have a little bit of a highway created, as well as 2 farms and a lake. I'm planning on having the main city centred south of the lake, with lush Scandinavian forests and quaint farms/cottages surrounding it.

Although this is based on Linköping, I'm planning on adding some hints of Stockholm in the city, such as Djurgården, Stockholm Palace, Ericsson Globe, and Gamla Stan.

I'll give you a little taste of what I'm going for. :)

Swedish20Lake201.jpg"height=450""width=600"

royal-palace-stockholm-s129.jpg"height=450""width=600"

Swedish_countryside_2.jpg"height=450""width=600"

48.jpg"height=450""width=600"

I'll try to have some pictures up of the world once I get a little more done. Until then, ha det bra. :3

Skål!

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2011
    bbghfg.png"height=450""width=600"
    Highway Just Outside of Town

gerhdfhsfh.png"height=450""width=600"
    First Farmhouse. (15% Complete at this time.)

Untitled.png"height=450""width=600"
    View Across the Lake. (may need to clear some trees if lag becomes an issue)

UPDATE 1 - March 7

Houses1.png"height=450""width=600"
    First 2 Houses. Very Swedish. :D

[IMG]http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab138/Gjorde95/Hostkoping/UnfinishedGamlaStan.png "height=450""width=600"[/IMG]
    First Little Bit of Gamla Stan. (Should begin building within the next few days)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Reserved for Lots and Households.
  • Options
    soccergirl1996soccergirl1996 Posts: 382
    edited March 2011
    If you make a world look like the pictures that would be awsome! The last pic looks familiar :wink: Last year I tried to do stockholm but it looked like crap and I lost the files. I think yours will look a lot better than mine :mrgreen:

good luck
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you make a world look like the pictures that would be awsome! The last pic looks familiar :wink: Last year I tried to do stockholm but it looked like crap and I lost the files. I think yours will look a lot better than mine :mrgreen:

good luck

Ahh, I remember your world! I was looking forward to see it finished, too bad you lost the files. Stockholm is a very hard city to re-create. I was originally going to do Stockholm, but the terrain is too difficult. Plus, towns like Jönköping, Linköping, Motala, and other one's in and around lake Vättern are much nicer in my opinion. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2011
    Both your country and your people are very beautiful for sure. You will have your work cut out for you, and I wish you good luck on making your beautiful country. Being an American I often really enjoy playing the world from all the other countries. i just wish EA would make a full set of rabbit holes to match the way their counterparts would look in your country and everyone elses. I have friends who make worlds from all over the world and that seems to be their chief complaint as all the rabbitholes are so Americanized. I feel their pain, as their worlds are so beautiful and then you see an American style rabbit hole sticking up among all the beauty. But anyway, good luck with the project, you should be quite busy in the months to come.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi there fellow swede *waves* I'm gonna keep my eye on this, looks very good :-)
  • Options
    RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2011
    Absolutely! Good luck with your world, it could be very original :)
  • Options
    MozzerMozzer Posts: 359 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Good Luck! I live in Stockholm so having my sims live in Gamla stan would be awesome :D
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited March 2011
    I like it! Very rustic.
  • Options
    Theis118Theis118 Posts: 64
    edited March 2011
    Heja Sverige ;D

I'm going to follow this thread!
    Because you can't miss a swedish world :P
    And of course, I am from Sweden ;)
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited March 2011
    Oooh. I like this. A lot. Sweden is a beautiful country, and I am eager to see what you can do with it. :)

Mind you, but how do you pronounce the name..? :oops:
  • Options
    cool017cool017 Posts: 28
    edited March 2011
    Nice. It brought back memories of my Swedish friend Hendrick who moved away in October though. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks alot you guys! :)
    Conorsim wrote:
    Oooh. I like this. A lot. Sweden is a beautiful country, and I am eager to see what you can do with it. :)

hihi. :P the English pronounciation would be like saying "Host-shopping", but replace the o's with "uh's". :P
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2011
    Do it!!! I love everything about Swedish culture!

volvo%20swden%20badge.jpg
  • Options
    Meteora97Meteora97 Posts: 416
    edited March 2011
    SverigeSim wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:

hihi. :P the English pronounciation would be like saying "Host-shopping", but replace the o's with "uh's". :P

lol I'm Swedish too (Umeå) lol to correct the pronounciation (OMG did i get it right?) it would be "Hoestkoeping" with the K pronounced "SH" like in "SHorts".
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited March 2011
    I love it so far, can't wait for more updates!
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited March 2011
    SverigeSim wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:

hehehe okay thanks! ;)
  • Options
    hejsannahejsanna Posts: 53
    edited March 2011
    Hejhej, jag är från sverige ;)

Ser väldigt bra ut !!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hejsanna wrote:

Ser väldigt bra ut !!

Translated: Hi, I am from Sweden ;)

Looks very good!!

lol
  • Options
    hejsannahejsanna Posts: 53
    edited March 2011
    Meteora97 wrote:
    hejsanna wrote:

Ser väldigt bra ut !!

Translated: Hi, I am from Sweden ;)

Looks very good!!

lol

haha
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A couple new pictures have been added.

Skål! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi, i'm just saying it might be a good idea to use the Big Lemon (In Swedish The Sims it's Stora Suris) car to many of the households, as it's based of a Volvo 240 and as Volvo is a Swedish brand it might fit right in.

Lol, just i joke i thought of, as Volvo is actually chinese now, but they are still built in Gothenburg (For you who didn't know)
    A guy (I think he was a Swedish Ice-Hockey player) said that Volvo is the most Swedish thing we have, it's almost as Swedish as Spaghetti. Lol that's a common gag in Sweden as nothing is swedish anymore, such as we teenagers speak Half-Swedish Half-Engish such as we say "It Failed" and "Oh my god" and we swear in english.

I'm really talking out-of-topic right now, i should shut up. :oops:
  • Options
    scot954scot954 Posts: 205 New Member
    edited March 2011
    hey how is the project going?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bump You haven't scrapped this one have you? I haven't seen anything for a while!

BTW Fan va najs :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Meteora97 wrote:
    Bump You haven't scrapped this one have you? I haven't seen anything for a while!

BTW Fan va najs :)

Nope, haven't scrapped it. I've been a little backed up with school lately and haven't been able to go on the Sims much. D: I'll try and get a little done and post an update within the next week.

Hahah, tackar. :lol: