Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim's School Systems SUCK! LOL! What happens if I delete it?

Hello! So I was letting my teen sim skip school to stay home and practice her writing skills because she wants to be an author and of course she got in trouble for it, which I think is ridiculous. I see no point in sending her to a place that both takes away my time that I get to play with her and doesn't have her gain ANY skills.

Now I know that school systems suck generally, but I can't deny that when I went to school, I did learn valuable skills that I could utilize later on in life, I even took wood-shop and auto mechanics! I think if I should have to send my child to school that I should get pop up screen indicating what classes my sim would be taking (Maybe be able to choose about 4 different classes.) Then my sim would slowly, but reasonably gain experience towards skill points in those genre's. Anyone else agree? I'd almost like to start a petition to get this enabled. Maybe I will eventually, but on to the point.

What would happen if I deleted the school? Would my sim simply stop having to go to school? That would be great if that's what happened, because then I could homeschool her, I also have had a very large and very nice high school and college built for me by other simmers so that I could go inside of them and take pictures for stories, they're very detailed and I love them, is there any way for me to change the lot so that these buildings or building becomes the school?

Anyways, thanks for reading my little rant! Let me know your opinions and thank you for your answers and replies in advance. :D

Comments

• Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited April 2011
    homeschool doesn't exist in sims 3,
  • Options
    CoyadreCoyadre Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited April 2011
    Oooo I like that. Never though of it like that! Good idea 8)

If you take out the school then they just won't have school anymore.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited April 2011
    I noticed that if you have a sim with level 5 in logic they can tutor kids and it makes the kids' grades go up.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited April 2011
    community lots serve as rabbit hole career places so you can't see the inside of them,
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited April 2011
    Johnnywr's Mariners Reach Island doesn't have a school, it's no problem. If sims have a logic skill of greater than 4, they can tutor. Also, the kids can spend more time skilling and being with their parents.

Twallan's career mod have homeschooling, just register the kid for it on city hall. They get homework in their inventory and must be completed by the end of the day, either manual, or via computer. I love that mod.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    community lots serve as rabbit hole career places so you can't see the inside of them,
    the OP KNOWS that but you probably don't get what she wants. She DOESN'T want to see the inside of the school. But she wants our sim kids to learn SKILLS @school. OR to have a pop of "Demeter Myth-is-tory just won a spelling Bee in Simlish class!" (instead of English class) or "Hades Myth-is-tory just made a bird house in wood working!!"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    But she wants our sim kids to learn SKILLS @school.

Yep, I always thought that was kind of lacking as well.

Thankfully, I don't have to wait for EA to do anything about it. Let them focus on adding new stuff for my mods to use, I'm fine with that.

:)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited April 2011
    NRaas wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    But she wants our sim kids to learn SKILLS @school.

Yep, I always thought that was kind of lacking as well.

Thankfully, I don't have to wait for EA to do anything about it. Let them focus on adding new stuff for my mods to use, I'm fine with that.

:)

You are so right about that. I'm fine with it too! :D

The career mod will allow teens going to different job rabbitholes for learning instead of school, they learn skills that will be appropriate from that rabbithole for the adult life.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nassara not EVERYONE can download your mods. I can't since I still lie in my parents house/ and also I'm afraid of viruses
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    I can't since I still lie in my parents house/ and also I'm afraid of viruses

Viruses from "package" files ? That is not even physically possible.

EA specifically designed the game-engine to disallow any means of a scripting-mod changing files outside of the save-game itself.

But it's your call, if you want to join us later, the rest of us will be playing with our shiny toys over in that corner.

Cheers. :)
  • Options
    scenegothgirlscenegothgirl Posts: 6,985 New Member
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    Nassara not EVERYONE can download your mods. I can't since I still lie in my parents house/ and also I'm afraid of viruses
    Nraas* >_>
    And you can't get viruses from mods,just like they said
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    well from what I read I have to "run as adminstor" to even download any mods. And my parents REFUSE to let anyone expect my sister "run as administrator". So therefore I can't. I mean I would like a mod which has an opition to skip the love marriage in it, a SP which I can have control of who can move,etc.

And other people say you can get viruses from mods.

Besides my parents blame me and my sims for computer problems.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DancingK8DancingK8 Posts: 395 Member
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    well from what I read I have to "run as adminstor" to even download any mods. And my parents REFUSE to let anyone expect my sister "run as administrator". So therefore I can't. I mean I would like a mod which has an opition to skip the love marriage in it, a SP which I can have control of who can move,etc.

I don't think you need to run anything as an administrator...once you've got your folders set up, it's the same as downloading any other package file- just extracting it to "packages".

edit: and it's not viruses that some mods cause, it's in-game glitches. twallan's stuff shouldn't cause anything major, though, as far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    scenegothgirlscenegothgirl Posts: 6,985 New Member
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:

You can't,only glitches in your game.
  • Options
    PingthemoonPingthemoon Posts: 174
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:

So do mine. And as they're complete technophobes, it's extremely annoying.
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2011
    You can't get viruses from mods but you can get them from websites that have a lot of pop up adds like TSR.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited April 2011
    If u delete the school your kids will not get to choose a 4th trait when they become teens - and same for teen to adult - no 5th trait.

It will get chosen at random (mostly negative)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I wish you can call in sick just to stay home and your grades won't change.
  • Options
    avidon3avidon3 Posts: 419 Member
    edited April 2011
    Also if you delete the school you will loose the Education career.
    B)
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited April 2011
    If u delete the school your kids will not get to choose a 4th trait when they become teens - and same for teen to adult - no 5th trait.

It will get chosen at random (mostly negative)

Ahh thank you! Now I won't delete it :P
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited April 2011
    people go unemployed!
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited April 2011
    Your parents need to educate themselves a bit as it is extremely unlikely that your game is causing any problems on your computer. Do you know someone who is a computer tech who could maybe come do a "clean up" of the system and explain to them that the game does not have anything in it that will harm their computer?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    snurfles wrote:
    Your parents need to educate themselves a bit as it is extremely unlikely that your game is causing any problems on your computer. Do you know someone who is a computer tech who could maybe come do a "clean up" of the system and explain to them that the game does not have anything in it that will harm their computer?

twice my computer broke down just as an New EP was announced ( Ambitions and LN) and they blamed me both times. and SIS thinks the same thing too and she's the computer whiz in this house.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2011
    I been wanting that skill thing to - for a long time.
    It could allso depend on their grades, so when they age up we get from 0-5 skillpoints (levels) to use as we choose, but on atleast 2 skills.
    So the kid who wants to be a writter, well you choose to give him/her 3 points in that skill, and then maybe 1 in painting and 1 in charisma.
    when teens ageup we could have a little more points as the max like 7.

But any thing that make the children learn when they are at school.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2011
    DarciHyde wrote:
    Hello! So I was letting my teen sim skip school to stay home and practice her writing skills because she wants to be an author and of course she got in trouble for it, which I think is ridiculous. I see no point in sending her to a place that both takes away my time that I get to play with her and doesn't have her gain ANY skills.

Now I know that school systems suck generally, but I can't deny that when I went to school, I did learn valuable skills that I could utilize later on in life, I even took wood-shop and auto mechanics! I think if I should have to send my child to school that I should get pop up screen indicating what classes my sim would be taking (Maybe be able to choose about 4 different classes.) Then my sim would slowly, but reasonably gain experience towards skill points in those genre's. Anyone else agree? I'd almost like to start a petition to get this enabled. Maybe I will eventually, but on to the point.

What would happen if I deleted the school? Would my sim simply stop having to go to school? That would be great if that's what happened, because then I could homeschool her, I also have had a very large and very nice high school and college built for me by other simmers so that I could go inside of them and take pictures for stories, they're very detailed and I love them, is there any way for me to change the lot so that these buildings or building becomes the school?

Anyways, thanks for reading my little rant! Let me know your opinions and thank you for your answers and replies in advance. :D

if you delete the school you don't get to choose traits on age up unless you cheat, no kid will goto school, if you use mods twallan's career mod as a home school system you can have them register for home schooling at city hall and download homework from computer which keeps her at home plus can learn skills and doesn't effect rest of naborhood kids they will still goto school.