Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim's School Systems SUCK! LOL! What happens if I delete it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2011
    The main thing I find school good for is meeting other kids/teens -- it gives a head start in getting to know potential future marriage partners. You can set the Sim for "Talk to Friends" and the relationship level grows slowly just like the "Hang with Co-Workers" for adult Sims at their rabbit hole jobs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited April 2011
    Might I ask why people are saying "you can't choose traits on age up if you take the school away" As long as their adult with logic above level 4 in the house. They can tutor the children and the children's grade will go up from C-B (and maybe A) and all they need is an A to choose traits right??
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    dannibear10dannibear10 Posts: 566
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    Might I ask why people are saying "you can't choose traits on age up if you take the school away" As long as their adult with logic above level 4 in the house. They can tutor the children and the children's grade will go up from C-B (and maybe A) and all they need is an A to choose traits right??

I have played without a school. Even though there isn't a school, it will say 'no school available' or something on those lines. Because the bar didn't rise into the green area, the game assumes you skipped school a lot, and will not let you choose a trait.
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited April 2011
    I wish school did give them skill gains. Like art and logic. Why not logic like come on ): as far as deleting the schools, as others have said, you won't get the A to pick traits. If you ask me even a B should do. I haven't tried the tutoring since they need school to get hw which they get tutored for. I can only tutor with hw and skills. Rather annoying.
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited April 2011
    nothing will happen. It will say there is no school in your town to attend.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited April 2011
    I think it would be nice if they added a 'school skipper' LTR so your sim child could stay home and not have it reflect negatively on their school performance. That way, there wouldn't be a need to remove the school and all that comes with it.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited April 2011
    MadameLee wrote:

I have played without a school. Even though there isn't a school, it will say 'no school available' or something on those lines. Because the bar didn't rise into the green area, the game assumes you skipped school a lot, and will not let you choose a trait.

You can use a cheat to change their traits. In testingcheatsenabled true, you just click on the sim while holding down the shift key, and the modify traits option will pop up.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    dannibear10dannibear10 Posts: 566
    edited April 2011
    ldmarko wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

You can use a cheat to change their traits. In testingcheatsenabled true, you just click on the sim while holding down the shift key, and the modify traits option will pop up.

I use that cheat all the time when it wont let me. It's pretty nifty :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ShadowbreShadowbre Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2011
    Don't know if anyone else posted this, but this will replace buildings with custom ones so you don't have to have rabbit holes. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411270