Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Generations and The Sims 3 Unleashed

Well it's very odd how two trailers for two different packs were released today. Generations looks great, and I might go back to Sims 3 if it's all good and has LITTLE to NO bugs, otherwise I'm happy with my Sims 2. On the other hand, Unleashed looks weird. You can tell by the trailer. The pets look really weird, and under the title it doesn't say expansion like all the other expansion packs do. Also, why is it named The Sims 3 Unleashed, because this name was used in The Sims 1, and EA/Maxis never ever re-used a name. I just hope Unleashed gets better and gets a new, better looking trailer closer to the release date of it (which is in October or half a year from now). I also hope so much that Generations has no bugs so I can enjoy it if I get it. Well here are the trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD7W3_WTNJ8

http://www.infinitesims.com/news/

Comments

• Options
    BlooplieBlooplie Posts: 157 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Well, you don't have to worry about either trailer becaue neither one is available at this time due to a copyright claim by EA. :cry:
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Funny, I just watched both of them. All you have to do is search for them on youtube. Various people have them uploaded, at least for the time being.

How do the pets look weird? Also, people were leaking info that Walmart was expecting a new expansion pack for Sims 3 in May.

I think that if they were releasing it across many different consoles as well as PC then they probably wouldn't call it an expansion pack.

I'm hoping that's the case because when I saw the Pets trailer, I nearly cried because I was so excited.
  • Options
    Rusty333PRusty333P Posts: 4,669 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I thought the sims looked kind of funny in the trailer for Sims 3 Unleashed, not the pets though.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited March 2011
    Blooplie wrote:
    Well, you don't have to worry about either trailer becaue neither one is available at this time due to a copyright claim by EA. :cry:

Awww that sucks. Generations is still available so maybe they released the Unleashed on accident.
    Blooplie wrote:
    Funny, I just watched both of them. All you have to do is search for them on youtube. Various people have them uploaded, at least for the time being.

How do the pets look weird? Also, people were leaking info that Walmart was expecting a new expansion pack for Sims 3 in May.

I think that if they were releasing it across many different consoles as well as PC then they probably wouldn't call it an expansion pack.

I'm hoping that's the case because when I saw the Pets trailer, I nearly cried because I was so excited.

And idk why the pets look weird they just do. They look like clay or something. The pets in Sims 2 look more realistic. Maybe it's cuz EA is still in the beginning stage for making this game.?.?. The name is hopefully not confirmed cuz it was used already in Sims 1. And maybe this pack doesn't say expansion under it cuz it's for all platforms. It says right under the title in the trailer. It doesn't say Wii under it, so maybe this pack won't be for Wii :( that sucks to the Wii only owners...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Clay? Really? I thought they looked more like animals than Sims 2. The cat's animations looked so real that I got REALLY excited. Their fur is also more detailed, I think. You can see that it's fur and not just spray painted stripes on the cat. I think maybe the fishbowl bit is weird because the paw looks like it's at the wrong angle but I think it's simply the angle of the camera. And horses! That you can ride! I'm not a huge horse fan but that's fantastic! The wildlife makes me excited that there might be more animals that you can have as pets or that you can even tame wild animals. :D

Did anyone catch the snake in the aquarium? It took me a couple of times to see it!
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Has anyone seen an actual press release announcement yet? This all strikes me rather odd so far.

It's almost like both trailers were leaked. Or at least the Unleashed one was leaked like it was supposed to be an in-house video for marketing to review or something. The overall quality of it isn't something you'd normally see.

Otherwise why would they pull both videos claiming copyright?

The horse I thought looked a bit weird, you could almost say it looks bit like clay. I thought the other animals looked fine. Not better than TS2 animals but definately not worse.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2011
    Blooplie wrote:

Blooplie,

I saw that as well. Why is EA taking them down anyway. The people who put them up on their channels are not making any money of them and its just free advertisement for them. Plus why release a trailer if they don't want people to see it?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Has anyone seen an actual press release announcement yet? This all strikes me rather odd so far.

It's almost like both trailers were leaked. Or at least the Unleashed one was leaked like it was supposed to be an in-house video for marketing to review or something. The overall quality of it isn't something you'd normally see.

Otherwise why would they pull both videos claiming copyright?

The horse I thought looked a bit weird, you could almost say it looks bit like clay. I thought the other animals looked fine. Not better than TS2 animals but definately not worse.

Jaghar7,

They did pull both videos claiming copy right, it just took them longer to do so for the one for Generations.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Didn't I say that?

Anyhow, seems both trailers are now hosted on simprograms. Sorry EA, once it's out there damage control is useless. I hope you're preparing your press release. :)
  • Options
    Simzgal2108Simzgal2108 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Well Unleashed is for consoles only...so...yeah. Which sucks majorly.
    I'm extremely mad about it. Come on, EA! WTH!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We don't know that. Look closely at the end of the trailer. It does have the Win/Mac logo on the right.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Consoles only? It says "WINMAC DVD ROM SOFTWARE" in the normal black and white logo in the trailer. It's next to the logo for the Nintendo DS.
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited March 2011
    You mean next to the logo for the Nintendo 3Ds:P
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2011
    There is horses in the new Unleashed EP. I am so excited. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. But it's true. Yay !!!!
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited March 2011
    Consoles only? It says "WINMAC DVD ROM SOFTWARE" in the normal black and white logo in the trailer. It's next to the logo for the Nintendo DS.

It may be a console trailer.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2011
    I looked at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGiPU37187s When I seen the kid dancing around in the dino suit I was thinking "Fake! It's Sims2" but when I watched on and looked closer I was wrong; you can see that it's not.

And as for the Unleashed and Generations You Tube video by that kid; the images look really realistic and everything so maybe they are going to release two EP's at once or something? Looks good, if it's fake it's a good fake!

Haha! Whats this? Maybe EA is trying to make their customers happy buy giving us two different expansions - to keep both sides of the pets argument happy? I hope so! :mrgreen:

Funny how the site hasn't said anything though...
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    We don't know that. Look closely at the end of the trailer. It does have the Win/Mac logo on the right.
    Yes, I saw that too. I don't think EA would just make it for console since all we have done is post for Pets for the longest. I don't think they would do that to us.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    don151516don151516 Posts: 761 New Member
    edited March 2011
    HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Anyhow, seems both trailers are now hosted on simprograms. Sorry EA, once it's out there damage control is useless. I hope you're preparing your press release. :)
    Of course they are :)

EA just wants to create even more interest by pretending that they don't like the fact that the trailers are found :)

The problem with the Sims 3 Unleashed version for WIN-MAC is that it clearly seems to be a standalone game just like the other versions. (EA would not have mentioned this version at all if it had been an EP because EA doesn't leak information about new EPs before they have even officially announced the previous EP.)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Considering both trailers appear to have been leaked we really can't make that kind of call. Technically, as of the moment EA still haven't announced Generations yet.
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I think what some people forget is that they also released the Sims 2 Pets on both console and on the PC as an expansion. It is most likely this will again occur with the Sims 3. I am 99% sure this WILL not be a standalone game on the PC, but it's possible on the console (Again see Sims 2 Pets). It would make ZERO sense to release this as a standalone game when there are already using the Sims 3 engine to run it. So why would they? Medieval makes sense, it a different time period, but this... NO.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Considering both trailers appear to have been leaked we really can't make that kind of call. Technically, as of the moment EA still haven't announced Generations yet.
    What we seem to disagree about is whether EA leaked the trailers purposely or not. I would agree with you if I thought that EA just leaked them by a mistake. But I am very sure that EA did it purposely just to increase the interest for the games even before they announce them officially.
    Coby wrote:
    I think what some people forget is that they also released the Sims 2 Pets on both console and on the PC as an expansion. It is most likely this will again occur with the Sims 3.
    For the Sims 2 they actually released Pets both as an EP and as a standalone game (the Sims Pet Stories). The difference is that for the Sims 2 they released the EP before the standalone game. But the Sims 3 Unleashed seems to be released first as a standalone game.

After that EA will probably consider to also release the Sims 3 Unleashed as an EP. But such an EP would be more different from the console games than the standalone game for the PC.
    Coby wrote:
    It would make ZERO sense to release this as a standalone game when there are already using the Sims 3 engine to run it. So why would they?
    I believe that they release the game first as a standalone game for consoles and the PC because it is technically easier. The problem with the Sims 3 is that it is a demanding and heavy game that doesn't allow too heavy and demanding EPs to be made.

EA will obviously use the Sims 3 game engine to make the standalone game just as they used the Sims 2 game engine to make the Sims Stories games. But by removing demanding things like the sub-neighborhoods for the vacation countries EA will have much better possibilities to put a lot of animals into the game. Therefore it is actually much easier for EA to make Unleashed as a standalone game.
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Erpe wrote:
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    What we seem to disagree about is whether EA leaked the trailers purposely or not. I would agree with you if I thought that EA just leaked them by a mistake. But I am very sure that EA did it purposely just to increase the interest for the games even before they announce them officially.
    Coby wrote:
    I think what some people forget is that they also released the Sims 2 Pets on both console and on the PC as an expansion. It is most likely this will again occur with the Sims 3.
    For the Sims 2 they actually released Pets both as an EP and as a standalone game (the Sims Pet Stories). The difference is that for the Sims 2 they released the EP before the standalone game. But the Sims 3 Unleashed seems to be released first as a standalone game.

After that EA will probably consider to also release the Sims 3 Unleashed as an EP. But such an EP would be more different from the console games than the standalone game for the PC.
    Coby wrote:
    It would make ZERO sense to release this as a standalone game when there are already using the Sims 3 engine to run it. So why would they?
    I believe that they release the game first as a standalone game for consoles and the PC because it is technically easier. The problem with the Sims 3 is that it is a demanding and heavy game that doesn't allow too heavy and demanding EPs to be made.

EA will obviously use the Sims 3 game engine to make the standalone game just as they used the Sims 2 game engine to make the Sims Stories games. But by removing demanding things like the sub-neighborhoods for the vacation countries EA will have much better possibilities to put a lot of animals into the game. Therefore it is actually much easier for EA to make Unleashed as a standalone game.

Erpe serious question time, why do you act like you know everything that EA is doing? You know nothing more than what we know, so you can't say for sure this is a standalone game, and there is NOTHING to support it. Also nothing supports the statement that "But the Sims 3 Unleashed seems to be released first as a standalone game". It COULD be that they plan to release them at the same time. Has that happen before... NO. BUT EA does seem to want to give console players the same experience as PC users this time, meaning console players are also a priority.

The turth is all we know is we got a trailer that has pets that seems to be for a console version. We can look at past experiences to see that console players only get games based off base games or expansions PC players already have. PC is the main platform and has had any game the console version has had. Also no expansion themes (Like Pets) have ever been a standalone game. These are the FACTS, anything else is an OPINION.
    Erpe wrote:
    The problem with the Sims 3 is that it is a demanding and heavy game that doesn't allow too heavy and demanding EPs to be made.

Also this is entirely YOUR OPINION not supported by any facts, as your not a developer for the Sims 3... In MY OPINION the Sims 3 is NOT a demanding and heavy game, but only in one aspect. The only thing that is sort of demanding in regards to the game is it's CPU requirements because it simulates the entire town. However this is no different than any modern RTS that are also heavy on the CPU. Graphics and memory are not that demanding in the Sims 3. The turth is there are FAR MORE demanding games out there than the Sims 3. The only thing I see holding the Sims 3 back is maybe it's coding, as I don't think EA did a good job when coding the game. But by using expansions and patches they can optimize the coding.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2011
    I personally think they leaked these on purpose to do this very thing, encourage word of mouth advertising. They know we want more! they know we want the marriage arch or something like it back, they know everything we say here, it's all on record in their offices and they have a staff monitoring it all.

I also think that all the trailers show better graphics than real play, also part of the advertising. I remember pointing it out to my husband before Sims 3 came out, how cool it looked as compared to 2, then thinking it was not quite like they had portrayed, but still very happy with new game play. The graphics also got better with each EP in Sims 2, and I have noticed that that remains true here as well.

I say Kudos EA, you have us all ready to sprint to the stores the minute both these are released and you haven't even had to pay for advertising cost's! :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Coby wrote:
    Erpe serious question time, why do you act like you know everything that EA is doing?
    I never said that I did. But I have studied the way EA is making games and their advertising methods for years. Why do you think that EA suddenly will change that and do just what you want them to do?
    Coby wrote:
    You know nothing more than what we know, so you can't say for sure this is a standalone game, and there is NOTHING to support it.
    Not if you just ignore all the facts and insists on dreaming. But you can't tell me the answers to the following questions:

1. Why should EA suddenly change their behavior and leak a trailer for EP5 before they even have announced EP4?

2. Why should EA tell us that the Sims Unleashed for XBox 360, PS3, Nintendo DS and Win-Mac DVD if they were not all similar standalone games?

3. If EA always do what most people want them to to why didn't EA just make Seasons as EP4 as most people in this forum expected and wanted them to do?
    Coby wrote:
    Also nothing supports the statement that "But the Sims 3 Unleashed seems to be released first as a standalone game".
    No if you again just ignore the fact that EA didn't write: "XBox 360, PS3, Nintendo DS and as an expansion for the PC game".
    Coby wrote:
    It COULD be that they plan to release them at the same time. Has that happen before... NO. BUT EA does seem to want to give console players the same experience as PC users this time, meaning console players are also a priority.
    Again you just ignore the facts which are that EA has never released and expansion for any console version of a Sims game. Why do you think that EA hasn't done that? Could it be because EA have to obey to the law of reality which limits what even EA can do to overcome limitations in CPU power and over current hardware when they make their games?
    Coby wrote:
    Erpe wrote:
    The problem with the Sims 3 is that it is a demanding and heavy game that doesn't allow too heavy and demanding EPs to be made.
    Also this is entirely YOUR OPINION not supported by any facts, as your not a developer for the Sims 3...
    Again you just ignore all facts about programming current hardware. You seem to think that EA can do anything with a computer and maybe even make hundreds of gigantic EPs work with the Sims 3?

EA is limited by current hardware as everybody else. If EA could have made the game work with thousands of Sims in gigantic neighborhoods don't you think that they would have chosen to do so already in the Sims 3 base-game?? Do you really think that they have limited the size of the neighborhood and put random emigrations into the game just to irritate their customers??

I know that the forum is used by many people just to dream about what the Sims could have been if EA could make everything. But this doesn't mean that EA actually can do that and I am not interested in dreaming when we discuss the EPs and standalone games which will be released later this year. I am only interested in discussing reality (unless we discuss thing in a far future).
    Coby wrote:
    In MY OPINION the Sims 3 is NOT a demanding and heavy game,
    Then why do you think that everybody are irritated over the fact that the game is way too slow on speed 3 and 4? Why do you think that the game even make "thinking"-pauses?

When the game already has such problems then EA has to be careful not to make the problems worse. If EA could easily solve those problems they would already have done it. But even though the problems with lagging and pauses have been there since the Sims 3 basegame was released EA hasn't been able to solve them. If you have any understanding of computers and programming at all then you should easily be able to understand that those problems will become even more serious if EA increase the size of the neighborhood and increase the number of Sims in a neighborhood. EA is a company with humans as employees. They are not aliens who can use supernatural magic to solve such problems.