Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Generations and The Sims 3 Unleashed

Comments

• Options
    CeresiaCeresia Posts: 19
    edited March 2011
    Erpe wrote:
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    To be quite honest, I don't care what irritates you and as tempting as it would be to tell you off, I'm not taking the bait. The people here who pay attention will know better so I have no need to defend myself to the likes of you.
    No you are just one of those people who feel that you have the right to attack all other people's opinions without really having an opinion yourself. That is why I think you are just ranting without really saying anything except criticizing everybody who (contrary to yourself) have an opinion. Personally I just don't like to discuss with such persons because nothing comes out of the discussion.
    Er, I've seen plenty of Jaghar's comments around here, and really, the only person he ever seems to have conflicts with is you :?
    To reiterate what others have said, you have a tendency to say things as absolute fact, even though you aren't a developer of the game and therefore can't know for sure what they were thinking when they did certain things. How long you've been "studying" EA really doesn't matter when it comes to how or why they did something in the game itself.
    Also, completely ignoring the first half of his comment where he asked for proof of something he said really doesn't help you. It just makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about and are making claims you can't back up. If you're so sure he made such a claim about Seasons, then why not "put your money where your mouth is" and show him?
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited March 2011
    This is how arguments with Erpe go. At some point in these forums he was positive we would not get pets, lol now that there is evidence that he is wrong he wants to back pettle, and say if we get pets it will be bad... He's a guy that can't admit when he is wrong at all. So don't get sucked into his blackhole of obliviousnes. He will only nit pick at what you say and not take in to consideration everything you've said. He has no evidence that things he says will happen.

As far as anyone is concerned seasons and pets can happen, seasons can be an illusion more so than the actual, you'd get the animation for snow covering the ground but for it falling i think they probably cound implement differently than they did with sims 2. Anyway it's their game they code it, whatever problem is preventing them from having more sims or pets can be fixed by adjusting the coding and testing to what works, simple as that. Even raising the save caps could help. Simplifing coding and tying up equations helps in all this too. Whatever route they take, you have no idea of knowing Erpe. Lol even theory pointing all at one direction can be thrown out the window with one actual fact.

But that's just the problem here isn't it you believe your assumptions and theories as facts. There's no point to try and reason with someone like this. Lol and he always does something predictable when he's starting to lose the argument and attack people. Jaghar hasn't done anything you've said at all except question what you say and challenge it. I don't see that as an attack at all, since mostly everyone here has done this at the statements you spout out.

As for unleashed i believe we are getting pets, If it's true that they listened to us and added more variety of pets, well i think that's good too and about time EA.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2011
    Coby wrote:
    Erpe wrote:
    Except for the fact that everything points in that direction and that you still haven't found a single thing that points in the opposite direction?
    Nothing points in that direction, NOTHING... only what "YOU" believe.
    The earth is FLAT! The earth is flat! NOTHING points in the direction that it is round... only what "YOU" believe. :D:D

Actually the following things point in the direction of a standalone game:

1. EA has never leaked information about an EP before the previous EP was released.
    2. EA has often announced other standalone games more than a half year before they were released.
    3. It isn't a game released for PC. It is a PC version of a standalone game for XBox 360, PS3 and Nintendo DS.
    4. EA also released a similar standalone game with pets using the Sims 2 game engine.

That is four things that very strongly points in the direction that the Sims 3 Unleashed also is a standalone game for the PC. There is NOTHING that points in the opposite direction.

My guess is that EA also will put pets into EP5 because EA already have them in Unleashed. Therefore it will be easy to transfer some of the animals to EP5. But EA will probably also put other things into EP5 because otherwise it would be too similar to Unleashed. EA will probably also omit some of the animals. My guess is that EA will let EP5 be a combination with weather because EA can't give us a full version of Seasons with snowdrifts and puddles over the whole neighborhood. This would make the game freeze and crash on all current computers. So yes I think that we will get more weather - but without the different seasons of the year.

The combination with weather is not a sure thing though. It is just a qualified guess because EA may have other ideas which we don't have any chance to guess. But I would still think that there is about a 50% chance that EP5 will actually be such a combination of animals and weather.
    Coby wrote:
    The limits are set by your CPU, for instance lower end systems can have on a few Sims in Night Clubs, while higher end systems can have more. All that will have to be done is these limits will have to take in account pets and which CPU you have. I know this because I have increased the limit on my game to the max number you can have, because the Sims 3 underrates CPU's. This is said to be a bug by some people...
    I don't think that it is a bug. EA just want to be sure that the game doesn't evaluate your computer so high that you can't start the game with its default settings. If a lot of people couldn't do that then EA's technical support would be busy helping people who wanted their money back.

The reason for underestimating your hardware is that background processes could easily push your computer over the edge if the default settings became too high. Many people don't stop all background processes before starting the game and often they wouldn't do it even if the game couldn't start up. So EA wants to be safe instead of sorry.
    Coby wrote:
    This speeds I believe are set by the developer, and I'm pretty sure you can even increase them though I may be wrong about that. I remember finding something on the speeds not that long ago when I was messing around with the Sims 3 files. I believe there even use to be a problem with speed 4, about it not being fast enough that was fixed in one of the patches.
    Speed 3 and 4 are intended to be the same. The difference is that speed 4 automatically stop when an event occurs.

But speed 2, 3 and 4 are intended to be much faster than they are on lower end computers. Only on the fastest computers (and in not too big neighborhoods) they all work as intended.
    Coby wrote:
    Hardly, what I'm saying is you don't completely understand how it works... the game sets limits based on the CPU, as explained above.
    You just don't WANT to understand - do you? :)

The speed actually chances while I play the game. Most of the time speed 3 is acceptable even though not so fast as I really would like. But sometimes it becomes much slower (identical to speed 2 or even speed 1) for a day or two. Therefore I know that the slow speed isn't intended by the developers. I also know that the game would be faster if I bought a new computer. But for the time being I don't play Sims 3 very often and I also don't play other games which would really benefit from a new and better computer. My computer is far better than the minimum requirements though. So it is a good medium computer which really just should have a new and better video card.
    Coby wrote:
    Only Sims that are out on the town are being simulated. Have ever looked into the window of a NPC's home while there at there house? There not simulated, and they just stand there. This is the same thing that will happen with pets. The only time there being simulated by the CPU is when you make your Sim visit a NPC's house.
    No it isn't. Lots of Sims all over the neighborhood are simulated. But you are right that the computer cheats when other Sims are home in their own houses. But not many of them are. I know this because they are nearly home when my Sim want to visit them.

Other Sims are completely simulated by the computer when they are traveling or on community lots. When they are home in their own homes or in rabbit holes they are only considered in connection with events and aging by the computer. But they still give the computer extra work. Just not as much as when they are traveling visiting or on community lots.
    Coby wrote:
    It's not complicated, your just over complicating it... for instance if you can have a maxim of 30 Sims running around your town, well now it may be 25 Sims and 5 Pets.
    Those numbers are way to low. I have a mod that usually deletes about 170 cars each night because the cars have been left by Sims.

The max number of Sims is difficult to figure out though because there also can be something like a hundred NPCs and homeless Sims in the town. Maybe even more. Maids, newspaper girls and so on who don't have a job anymore because of their age also often exist because you can still meet them on community lots or invite them over. The game does some cleaning up however. But there are many more Sims in the neighborhood than you imagine.
    Coby wrote:
    Your making a lot of assumptions when you have no idea why the developers did what they did... that's all I'm saying. You have nothing to back up your claims and we have no way of proving or disproving it.
    It is you who just assume that I don't know more about programming and computers than yourself and you are wrong. I graduated in computer science from a Danish university many years ago and I also taught people in high school about such things for years. So I know a lot of the fundamentals behind computers and programming.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited March 2011
    CristalX wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    The Sims 3 "Unleashed" is gonna be EPIC!!!!

The Sims 3 Generations.. ehhh trailer was dull, features shown were rather disappointing and i felt like EA should have just put this features in the base game. The Sims 3 Generations seems almost pointless.. But it is still early to completely judge the expansion, so i will still keep an open mind.

I just saw the trailer and I totally agree with you!It's like a stuff pack with some extras

SimsAsyraf and CristalX,

Generations might not add a lot of new types of lots, but it looks like its going to add a significant amount of new game play, especially when it comes to playing with children and teenage sims. Plus since they didn't put them in the base game, they will be able to elaborate on them more. I'm also really glad that they're creating this, because I've been wanting more gameplay that specifically involves children and teen sims. Its definitively going to be more than just a stuff pack with a few extras, not to mention that we are probably going to get a whole new town with it.
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Ceresia, Anavastia, thanks for the support. With that I'll rest my case.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited March 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Has anyone seen an actual press release announcement yet? This all strikes me rather odd so far.

It's almost like both trailers were leaked. Or at least the Unleashed one was leaked like it was supposed to be an in-house video for marketing to review or something. The overall quality of it isn't something you'd normally see.

Otherwise why would they pull both videos claiming copyright?

Yep, still no official announcement, and EA wants both videos taken down, so that strongly suggests these were leaked. I'm guessing there was an EA employee watching these forums and concluded that a few new details would cheer up the grumpy playerbase. ;) Or it could be a publicity stunt, who knows?

So, there's a few questions on my mind:

- why no official announcement?
    - is Generations really going to be making its May 10th release date the retailers were given? That's not very far off!
    - if that trailer was leaked, is there going to be a new, better trailer when the official announcement comes?

So many questions...

simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Generations trailer looked fairly polished and complete to me. I think it is what they originally intended to release when the time came. So I really don't know why they'd pull it even if it was leaked.

The Unleashed trailer really does seem to me to be something that was thrown together for in-house use. EA's never used the same title twice and for those needing a remember, Unleashed with the title of a TS1 EP. So I'm guessing it's a temporary name being used for the trailer until they decide on what it will be.

Plus the video quality on a lot of the shots is just deadful. Which again to me suggests it's not meant for public consumption. More like "ok this is what we're thinking of for this trailer".

I would've pulled the Unleashed trailer but said 'well what the hell' and left the Generations trailer up if it was the finished trailer and made a press statement. *shrug*

The whole thing just makes the silence of EA that much more prominent. What the heck are they thinking? (Before anyone actually tries to answer that question it's rhetorical).
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm with you on this odd business. First someone cracks the info for generations. So we find out what the new ep is. Yet still no announcement. Then someone comes to visit the forums as an "EA Employee". Then the next thing we know we see two leaked trailers for EA Generations, yet no statement from EA about any of this information yet. Is this suppose to be one of EA's lame marketing tricks cause frankly it's annoying. O.o or is this a very naughty employee. >.> better yet could be all a prank either by EA or someone else, lol would be the greatest rick roll ever.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what happens. O.o i don't know i have doubts about May 1, I'm thinking they're still developing on it, perhaps fixing some major bugs too. Probably don't want to send out an announcement till they can get it up and working properly.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think EA is thinking... oh right, you said rhetorical. ;)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    EA isn't well known for using stunts like this for marketing and the trailers seem too well done to simply be a prank. The pets to me look just like TS2 pets but video is too clean to have not been done by EA in-house. So if I had to guess I'd say mischevious employee and honestly I hope they're not caught. :) (Not to condone misbehaving at work or anything but still).

I think it was nice for everyone to see the Generations trailer even if it was leaked early. Some folks around here seem to be reenergized by both trailers and it's hard to see that as anything but to EA's benefit.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah it's good to see people perk up a bit. Though i don't want to get sucked to far in to the excitement. I have to know way more about generations for it to get my vote yet. I really love sims always have but, the current state of things just doesn't warrant me spending that kind of money on it. So it's better to wait and do research. To see if truly the game has some depth to it anymore.
  • Options
    CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited March 2011
    The pets in unleashed are really lowly detailed to be in sims 3
  • Options
    Cynder907Cynder907 Posts: 746 Member
    edited March 2011
    the sims are low detailed because this is a game for consoles. :( i think the pets look great compared to the sims 2. I just wish that this is the computer version. :?
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Erpe wrote:
    The earth is FLAT! The earth is flat! NOTHING points in the direction that it is round... only what "YOU" believe. :D:D

Actually the following things point in the direction of a standalone game:

1. EA has never leaked information about an EP before the previous EP was released.
    2. EA has often announced other standalone games more than a half year before they were released.
    3. It isn't a game released for PC. It is a PC version of a standalone game for XBox 360, PS3 and Nintendo DS.
    4. EA also released a similar standalone game with pets using the Sims 2 game engine.

That is four things that very strongly points in the direction that the Sims 3 Unleashed also is a standalone game for the PC. There is NOTHING that points in the opposite direction.

My guess is that EA also will put pets into EP5 because EA already have them in Unleashed. Therefore it will be easy to transfer some of the animals to EP5. But EA will probably also put other things into EP5 because otherwise it would be too similar to Unleashed. EA will probably also omit some of the animals. My guess is that EA will let EP5 be a combination with weather because EA can't give us a full version of Seasons with snowdrifts and puddles over the whole neighborhood. This would make the game freeze and crash on all current computers. So yes I think that we will get more weather - but without the different seasons of the year.

The combination with weather is not a sure thing though. It is just a qualified guess because EA may have other ideas which we don't have any chance to guess. But I would still think that there is about a 50% chance that EP5 will actually be such a combination of animals and weather.

1. Is the Sims the only game you play? Leaks happen ALL THE TIME, and EA is pulling these trailers and they were not an official announcement therefor they are a LEAK.

2. They didn't announce it, it was again leaked big difference here.

3. No proof what so ever to support this claim, as I clearly showed you with the Sims 2 Pets it doesn't say expansion in the trailer, and it says PC/MAC at the end. Was it standalone? Nope... and as I clearly pointed out trailers don't usually show each individual platforms. Especially since this is most likely a rough test trailer, and nothing like the final trailer that will be official.

4. Yes on console, PC version was the Sims 2 Pet Stories.... which was a watered down version of the PC expansions intended for those who haven't really played the Sims before. Big difference here...

At the end of the day, your grasping at straws...
    Erpe wrote:
    I don't think that it is a bug. EA just want to be sure that the game doesn't evaluate your computer so high that you can't start the game with its default settings. If a lot of people couldn't do that then EA's technical support would be busy helping people who wanted their money back.

The reason for underestimating your hardware is that background processes could easily push your computer over the edge if the default settings became too high. Many people don't stop all background processes before starting the game and often they wouldn't do it even if the game couldn't start up. So EA wants to be safe instead of sorry.

Possible, but again all speculation without proof. I don't think you have a fair understanding of CPU's, epically quad core processors and how they balance the load. I have monitored my PC, while playing and have never seen my CPU get to high with me changing it so it can do the max limit for the game.
    Erpe wrote:
    Speed 3 and 4 are intended to be the same. The difference is that speed 4 automatically stop when an event occurs.

But speed 2, 3 and 4 are intended to be much faster than they are on lower end computers. Only on the fastest computers (and in not too big neighborhoods) they all work as intended.

Speed 4 is faster than speed 3... but your right it does stop when an event occurs. But again all speculation with no proof. Your basing that off of the Sims 2 when there two different games. The Sims 3 is more of a casual experience, and likely the developers wanted a slower experience for new fans, since the Sims 3 was heavily promoted towards them.
    Erpe wrote:
    You just don't WANT to understand - do you? :)

The speed actually chances while I play the game. Most of the time speed 3 is acceptable even though not so fast as I really would like. But sometimes it becomes much slower (identical to speed 2 or even speed 1) for a day or two. Therefore I know that the slow speed isn't intended by the developers. I also know that the game would be faster if I bought a new computer. But for the time being I don't play Sims 3 very often and I also don't play other games which would really benefit from a new and better computer. My computer is far better than the minimum requirements though. So it is a good medium computer which really just should have a new and better video card.

I have never experienced it, and have never seen anyone else really complain about it. I have the Sims 3 on my medium range computer too... no issues there. The ONLY thing I noticed there was sometimes I would get a slight FPS drops on faster speeds, which makes the game run a little bit slower. Maybe this is what your experiencing, no idea. Plus to add to that, we have no idea what setting your playing on or how your PC is set up. Quite possible your playing at to high of settings for your computer to handle, therefor you get slowdowns.

All I'm saying is there is a lot of factors involved...
    Erpe wrote:
    No it isn't. Lots of Sims all over the neighborhood are simulated. But you are right that the computer cheats when other Sims are home in their own houses. But not many of them are. I know this because they are nearly home when my Sim want to visit them.

Other Sims are completely simulated by the computer when they are traveling or on community lots. When they are home in their own homes or in rabbit holes they are only considered in connection with events and aging by the computer. But they still give the computer extra work. Just not as much as when they are traveling visiting or on community lots.

Did I not just basically say that, I may not have went into great detail... but you basically just said the exact same thing I said. However, the fact still remains that this is all still controlled by your CPU. Low end CPU's will have less things going on, while high end CPU's will have more.

Every CPU gets a rating from 1 to 4... this rating tell the game how much of a limit you get to help prevent a slowdown.
    Erpe wrote:
    Those numbers are way to low. I have a mod that usually deletes about 170 cars each night because the cars have been left by Sims.

The max number of Sims is difficult to figure out though because there also can be something like a hundred NPCs and homeless Sims in the town. Maybe even more. Maids, newspaper girls and so on who don't have a job anymore because of their age also often exist because you can still meet them on community lots or invite them over. The game does some cleaning up however. But there are many more Sims in the neighborhood than you imagine.

30 was just some number I pulled out of nowhere to show you my point, I thought that was the quite obvious. However again facts remain, even if the max number for your CPU was 100 then you would simply have 85 Sims and 15 Pets running around (this is an example). The game will balance it out in regards to the type of CPU you have, without going over the max number. It's not that complicated...

Erpe wrote:
    It is you who just assume that I don't know more about programming and computers than yourself and you are wrong. I graduated in computer science from a Danish university many years ago and I also taught people in high school about such things for years. So I know a lot of the fundamentals behind computers and programming.

You know how easy it for someone to make up things on the internet, very easy, I'm sorry to say you have not shown anyone that you have any understanding of what your talking about. If that is true, then clearly you would know you need proof to back up such findings rather than just your word on it. I don't take people's word, I like proof... Everything you have presented in mild speculation not proof.

I have never wanted your change "YOUR" view, rather I just wanted to show everyone else that there is doubt in what you say... and that there is a good chance your wrong. You however are free to believe whatever you like, just like the rest of us.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BlingjohnnyBlingjohnny Posts: 355 Member
    edited March 2011
    Wow!! the sims 3 generations tralier looks amazing!, teens can have bachelor parties AND get drunk it seems! awesome!! they can play pranks too even better. And go to prom wow just wow.

THE BEST EXPANSION PACK EVER!
    I'M LOOKING FOR GOOD THINGS IN THIS EXPANSION PACK!

EA DON'T DISAPPOINT ME PLEASE!
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited March 2011
    Wow!! the sims 3 generations tralier looks amazing!, teens can have bachelor parties AND get drunk it seems! awesome!! they can play pranks too even better. And go to prom wow just wow.

Better get those hopes down at least a little bit. EA is genius at staging things that don't happen in the actual game, and I have a strong feeling that this trailer is full of that (which is a shame if true because that means there's no substance to this EP at all).
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, really, I'm watching that trailer and thinking, "Okay...but what are the REAL features?" You can't tell me that different kinds of parties is a feature. All parties are basically the same anyway.

The Sims never has, and never will have, alcohol either, so no one will be getting "drunk" either.
    simsig_willwright.gif

-Honeywell
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,537 Member
    edited March 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Yeah, really, I'm watching that trailer and thinking, "Okay...but what are the REAL features?" You can't tell me that different kinds of parties is a feature. All parties are basically the same anyway.

The Sims never has, and never will have, alcohol either, so no one will be getting "drunk" either.

Same here.
    Although I am pleased that there are more things for children and teens to do, I'm not seeing anything major that would make me want to rush out an buy it. Unless they make parties really fun and enjoyable this looks like a minor EP.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    edited March 2011
    erm just one thing.. The prams in generation seem like their just decor and that would be soo uncool if it was coz they always seem to be stood either outside a house at beggining and inside (very start) and on the door step when he pulled and lunch bag prank. and its look tooooooo real to be fake .. coz all those people who try to put fake vidoe for the next EP you can tell their fake but this one seems so real cross my finger that it is :D:D
  • Options
    music_is_my_worldmusic_is_my_world Posts: 3,484 New Member
    edited March 2011

If you can get "drunk" on Juice...
    I s'pose you could argue that they could use Nectar BUT it's a 12+ game. Not really a good idea for young teens playing it ,is it?
  • Options
    cornpuffscornpuffs Posts: 785 New Member
    edited March 2011

I s'pose you could argue that they could use Nectar BUT it's a 12+ game. Not really a good idea for young teens playing it ,is it?

u cant really get drunk at all and that party was for a young adult looking back at his teen years and watching a video of his bachelor party that why the next scene is him getting married
  • Options
    CeresiaCeresia Posts: 19
    edited March 2011
    Ah, it's times like this when my pessimism comes in handy. I'm not expecting anything too big from this EP, so I'm sure I'll be more than content with what we're given^^

Although I, too, would like to know what the actual features are going to be. The trailer just seems to show stuff like objects and extra little things, not game-changing features.

If they brought back memories I would be so insanely happy :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    barisaxy wrote:

Better get those hopes down at least a little bit. EA is genius at staging things that don't happen in the actual game, and I have a strong feeling that this trailer is full of that (which is a shame if true because that means there's no substance to this EP at all).

Yeah that's what i was thinking for awhile, it might be just EA staging it, because the late night trailer had lots of people in the clubs and the real expansion has little to no one in the clubs. I just hope Sims 3 Generations proves to be worth the money.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Sims are special you see, they can get drunk on juice haha :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You know how easy it for someone to make up things on the internet, very easy, I'm sorry to say you have not shown anyone that you have any understanding of what your talking about. If that is true, then clearly you would know you need proof to back up such findings rather than just your word on it. I don't take people's word, I like proof... Everything you have presented in mild speculation not proof.

Coby, you should have pointed out that even if he is telling the truth about having programing experience, it still doesn't change the fact he wasn't involved in TS3's development. So any practical coding knowledge he may have would at best only afford him an educated guess. Besides, there is a simple test for Erpe to prove he knows something. Shall we try it?

Erpe, here's your chance. Debug the following code.
    /*
    This is a simple but complete test script for Erpe. Debug this code.
    /*

main()
    {
    for (iI==0; iI < 10; iI+)
    {
    if (ix = iI & iI > 5)
    iX = iI
    printstring(iX)
    else printstring(iX)
    }