Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Aniegos - ~~PARADISE EDITION~~ Now Available!

Comments

• Options
    somechick10011somechick10011 Posts: 809 Member
    edited February 2011
    Coasterboi wrote:
    All the spawners available in CAW (minus the special WA location-only ones) should be somewhere in the world.

thank you :):):)
  • Options
    Sam240777Sam240777 Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Hi, thx hugely for this world and all your hard work, its so beautiful!

I'm going to download the updated version as I am having some lag problems, and I've looked through this thread but I can't find a post that states how to do this? Do I need the simspack file or just the .world file? Do I uninstall the old version and then install the new? Do I backup my save games before I do this and would they work if I put them back in after the new installation? If no, how can I save the sims I was playing in order to place them in the new version? Sorry for the volume of questions, I feel like the Riddler :roll:, but I just want to update with the minimum amount of disruption, is this possible?

Huge thx for any advice anyone can give. :)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited February 2011
    Sam240777, if you normally install your worlds through the simpacks, you can do that with the update. Some people have problems using the launcher so they asked for a world file. There is a Porter mod available that you can use to transfer your family to another town, or you can just save them to the bin and place them in the updated version but they will not keep their relationships with others in the world that way.

I did not uninstall the old version of Los Aniegos, I just installed the new one posted in coasterboi's studio, and so far it runs fabulously! My ISP was being very slow last night so it took over 30 minutes to download, so I've only had a chance to play it for about 20 minutes but so far no lagging and no crashing! Thank you so much for updating it!

I agree that for sheer beauty, the original can't be topped. Which is why I would play it even though it lagged a bit, until I couldn't take it anymore, but once in awhile I would go play again just because I loved it. I also think it was playable as-is, without adding lots, but you know how we simmers like to customize everything to suit us. I think it was very generous of you to make accomodations for adding more lots.

I also experienced crashes before because my vid card would overheat, but I discovered that somehow the fan on my laptop cooler was turned down to low so that sure didn't help! I am saving it because someday I hope technology will catch up to your lovely creation. Thank you so much! If I experience any problems when I play again later, I will let you know.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Coasterboi, how many time did that took you ? It really is the most amazing world i've ever seen.
  • Options
    Razbrry9876Razbrry9876 Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2011
    Since I was born & raised in Orange County, CA, I got a bee in my bonnet for Coasterboi's LA ... I recreated my parents' home! The floorplan is exact, the decor is the closest I could get it, etc. The only problem is that I had to build it on 2300 Katella Avenue (where one of Coasterboi's creations currently sits) in order for the lot to be the right dimensions to fit everything properly. FYI - I have CDO, it's like OCD, but it MUST be alphabetized! :lol:

Anyways, you can download at: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3729642
    I hope you guys enjoy.

Also, I decided to recreate my family (as best as I could). It's too bad you can't adjust the height of grown or growing Sims ... Then I could make my brothers more realistic by making them taller (they're 6'7" & 6'10" tall). Feel free to kill me off if you like ... You just have to wait until I become a teenager to do it (I'm the redheaded girl).

You can download at: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3729643

edit: I even included the hole in the front yard from our family dog (Zorro - Siberian Husky).

edit: Names have NOT been changed, scr*w the innocent! :lol:
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited February 2011
    Hi Coasterboi :D I have to say that I LOVE what you did here. I saw plenty pics of SoCal when my Uncle lived there and your rendition is remarkably close. I haven't tried the updated version yet so when I have time I will give you an update.

In the meantime I'd like to show you a pic of one of my test Sims at the jungle-themed bar (I forget what it's called :lol: ) She'd been living in Bridgeport and had made it as a director. The paparazzo showed up there at the club.

Screenshot-1791.jpg

My other test family became instant celebs after befriending DPiddy, Ladonna Queen, and Lady LaLa at their job and my niece was cracking up behind me because she knew exactly who they were :lol:
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    edited February 2011
    i guess i just need this clarified to me, i have this world downloaded do i need to redownload it for the update?
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited February 2011
    i guess i just need this clarified to me, i have this world downloaded do i need to redownload it for the update?

You don't need to, but I do recommend it since it fixes many things players had complained about, including lag issues.

Also I PROMISE this will be the last update for this edition. The next version of LA i'll release will be for the next expansion and it won't replace the existing download on the exchange.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    :D great thanks! this is the best world that i have found!! great job!! i dont have the patience or talent to create stuff like that :)
  • Options
    Razbrry9876Razbrry9876 Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2011
    Just thought to mention ... FYI - Since 2300 Katella Avenue is a 28x39 lot, my parents' home that I recreated will fit on an empty 40x40 lot (it just won't look quite right). :D
  • Options
    Digital2789Digital2789 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I would just love to say that I absolutely love this world. Although when I first downloaded it and played it before the update it was so laggy due to the cars and constant rotation. Im not sure if thats fixed but I really wish I could still play it. :cry:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    coasterboi- i noticed you used alot of seinfeld stuff in here!! my husband and i just love that show :)
  • Options
    Cee618Cee618 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2011
    Wow, that's the most amazing world I've ever seen on The Sims! You did a great job, Coasterboi. I can't even imagine undertaking such a huge project. I've never tried the Create a World feature, so I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to even begin. :lol: That's why I'm glad there are such creative geniuses out there, like you. I don't have Ambitions yet, but as soon as I buy it, I'm going to download Los Aniegos and play it. Can't wait, thanks for sharing! :D
  • Options
    baby_gurl17baby_gurl17 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm downloading the world right now! I just have a question, is there anything from WA that is important? I have it but it isnt installed. Just needed to know if it would still look the same without having WA installed.
    Great Job it looks amazing!
  • Options
    kattenijkattenij Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm downloading the world right now! I just have a question, is there anything from WA that is important? I have it but it isnt installed. Just needed to know if it would still look the same without having WA installed.
    Great Job it looks amazing!

You need to install WA. It will CTD if all EPs are not installed.

Not intended as a personal attack, but, why is it when a world states it needs EPs XYZ, everone always asks if it will work without one? I see this time and again on EVERY world thread.
  • Options
    sim3_cf_luva594sim3_cf_luva594 Posts: 200 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Where are all the insects, rocks, gems, and seeds?.? My sim has the collection finder and nothing is showing up. I really hope you didn't forget those spawners. Does anyone else have this problem or is it only me?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    riptide651riptide651 Posts: 26
    edited February 2011
    Thats awesome, I live near LA and its pretty cool to have something like this. But you forgot the Getty Center on the Santa Monica Cliffs.
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited February 2011
    riptide651 wrote:
    Thats awesome, I live near LA and its pretty cool to have something like this. But you forgot the Getty Center on the Santa Monica Cliffs.

There are tons of LA landmarks I wanted to add in, but it would've been redundant to add them all, so I only kept it to my favorites.
    Where are all the insects, rocks, gems, and seeds?.? My sim has the collection finder and nothing is showing up. I really hope you didn't forget those spawners. Does anyone else have this problem or is it only me?

They're all there. Check along the shore, in the hills, in the hiking trails, on the golf course...
  • Options
    pretty1pretty1 Posts: 279
    edited February 2011
    shameless plug :)

i started my story using this world and im totally grateful for this amazing world!

http://jasminessimacies.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/introductions/

check it out guys :)
  • Options
    FlashfighterFlashfighter Posts: 905
    edited February 2011
    Well, I tried to replace the lot, but that didn't help. It may be an EA glitch, as sometimes platforms are a bit glitchy.

• Options
    sim3_cf_luva594sim3_cf_luva594 Posts: 200 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Coasterboi wrote:
    riptide651 wrote:

There are tons of LA landmarks I wanted to add in, but it would've been redundant to add them all, so I only kept it to my favorites.

They're all there. Check along the shore, in the hills, in the hiking trails, on the golf course...

Ok. I'll keep checking. Hopefully they show up sooner or later. Maybe it's just a glitch in my game.
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited February 2011
    What is the Late Night Edition?

I thought this neighborhood was made specifically for the expansion pack.
  • Options
    ShortyBooShortyBoo Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2011
    What is the Late Night Edition?

I thought this neighborhood was made specifically for the expansion pack.

It is. But the Exchange won't let you upload two neighborhoods with the same name even if the first one was deleted, so it's a way to be able to upload the fixed version. When the next EP comes out, it will be updated again to add the lots and spawners from that EP and named with that EP as the edition name.
  • Options
    kirsijfkirsijf Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I came here to say thank you for the update. Despite having a new and efficient computer, I was one of the people suffering from troublesome lag with the previous version.

Now the lag has reduced and it's possible to use Twallan's story progression with this world.

So thanks for your hard work and creativity! :)
  • Options
    AldwenAldwen Posts: 45 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Just got this city last night and all I can say is WOW! Excellent work!

Suburbaia is excellently designed with room for expansion. Emerald Beach is beautiful and I love how it has all of the basic city needs located right on the beach. The fitness center is perfect; and that condo is in a prime location (my sim lives there.)

The city itself is very well designed. You did an excellent job with lot and road placement. It all feels very realistic. The drive in from Emerald Beach is :D The only thing I could ask for is a few more apartments or a bit of space to of added some. As it stands there's not a chance I'd knock down anything to add one either. I should of liked to of lived downtown but Emerald Beach works just as well.

However I have noticed the hang up everyone's mentioned. No lag at all however about once a day around 2100 or so the game will freeze for about 20-30 seconds to, I assume, update the story for all of the Sims. Not really an issue considering the amount of content provided but it does catch me off guard sometimes thinking the game just kaputted.

Also I love the allusions you've made to pop culture like celeberties, (Lady LaLa, her description and "LaLa Land made me lol) Seinfeld, the Emerald Beach show, Mario the Plumber and I'm sure a few others I've yet to see. Awesome work, and good job one the descriptions for everything as well.

Don't think I'll be switching back to Bridgeport anytime soon. Thanks again!! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top