Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Aniegos - ~~PARADISE EDITION~~ Now Available!

Comments

• Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Coasterboi wrote:
    Did you use any Riverview objects on this world? I ask because I can't install Riverview, my launcher is being a mean son of a..... female dog. So none of the rabbit holes from that world show up :( I had to replace some of the buildings in one of my towns because of the dumb thing.

No riverview objects were used, but a few store objects slipped in when decorating homes. They aren't required - the game will just substitute the missing object with a similar base game one.

Okay, thanks. When I played it, I didn't see any important lots missing. BTW, AMAZING work. :mrgreen: I love the downtown area the most.
  • Options
    RavynLeeBourdonRavynLeeBourdon Posts: 142 New Member
    edited February 2011
    YOU ROCK COASTERBOI! Thanks so much for this. Going to give it a test tonight and report back tomorrow morning. Love it! <3 Thanks again.
  • Options
    DancingSimmerDancingSimmer Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2011
    Downloading the update right now. :)
    I'm AneurinK on the gallery for The Sims 4. Look me up.
  • Options
    Carbonite101Carbonite101 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Downloading it now, i'll let you know how it runs :)
  • Options
    Carbonite101Carbonite101 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Looks better and loads a bit faster. The freezing/pausing has stopped (YAY!), but it does skip a little bit sometimes.

Good update :D
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2011
    I just wanted to thank you for this stunningly beautyful world.

I had probs with the first version, but now works perfectly fine.

I just met "D. Piddy" at Emerald Beach! :)
  • Options
    RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yup, this new version runs a lot smoother for me on high settings now. I get about 1 or 2 lag moments a day, but as you say, it's for litterally a second or two. New lots can indeed now be placed around the farming community.

Thanks for updating this :D
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited February 2011
    Coasterboi wrote:
    Coasterboi I only ask that you make it a new name so that I can play both worlds. If that's not possible, don't worry about it. I'll save the current world on desktop until I decide which one I want to keep.

I was going to name it "Los Aniegos - Late Night Edition" to syndicate with future releases as EA releases expansions. Though I'm sure you'll prefer the new version over the current one. Did you see the list of changes I posted?

I did see the list and thank you for taking time to do that for us. I am glad that it will have a new title still because I have a lot of families in this world and I don't want to lose any of the relationships. Plus I never had a lag problem, not more than 10 seconds and it only happen every so often. I do look forward to seeing the new revised version but simply because you are so creative and I know I will still be impressed:)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Cyberqueen13, Thanks again for your reply to Tjstreak. Very elequent & TRUE! :mrgreen:

Tjstreak, I am one of the simmers who has played this world extensively since it was first released. I'll get a short & quick lag every now & then. But, nothing that makes it "unplayable." Your post seemed like an attack on Coasterboi's work that was uncalled for. Yes, there are people having problems with his world, but NOT EVERYBODY! For you to say that I "have trouble telling the truth" is not only rude, but an attack on my character that is both unwarranted & untrue. I sincerely hope that you come to realize that your problems are by NO means indicative of everyone else's computers. :evil:

Coasterboi, You still ROCK! :mrgreen:

I hope Tjstreak understands what I am saying, but if not oh well.
  • Options
    RavynLeeBourdonRavynLeeBourdon Posts: 142 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Agreed with others, lag has dramatically reduced. Game plays much smoother and the downtown area still retains its dense appeal even without the car parks. All in all so far a much better release. Thanks Coasterboi! With a little luck I'll upload a few picks in the next day or so ;)
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    YAH :mrgreen:

Going to download new one now!

Hey guys 10 more pages and we hit 100! :lol:
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited February 2011
    Awesome! I've been waiting eagerly for this so I'm going to download right now and get to playing; after a bit I will come back with my report! I'll post my system specs, too.

Vista 32 bit

AMD X2 5600+ processor

3.5 gigs of RAM. I have 4 but Vista32 doesn't read them all

ATI HD 4770 graphics card.

Before the update I would lag for about 2 whole minutes and I've had to dumb down my graphics settings to near low to play. I hope thats all sorted out now!

*Edit* Crud I have to update to install the new one. >_<
  • Options
    pretty1pretty1 Posts: 279
    edited February 2011
    Its 10:20am in NYC lol and im downloading this update! now i can play my legacy!
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanks so much for the update and for giving it a new name. I've been playing the last version almost exclusively with no lag or other problems (except one, but that was self inflicted by yours truly :)). I'm glad I'll be able to keep the families and progress they made. If there's a way to flip it all over into the new version, that'd be great, too :)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited February 2011
    None of the screenshots work, when I try to see them larger I am taken to some sort of cable website. :?
  • Options
    GivyGivy Posts: 75 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I like this world, but there's just not enough downtown area in my opinion.
  • Options
    DiemeloDiemelo Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2011
    I tried to download the new world and received the following error message.

The item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.

I have everything except Fast Lane. Any ideas what's causing this? I'm sure I'll like the world with the replacements, but would like to try to resolve first if possible.

• Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'll be very pleased to try the updated version. First I have to save the Presleys and port them over to the new world.
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Sorry about the screenshots - Photobucket must be down or something.

Glad to hear that the lag has recessed for many of you so far :) I'm curious to see if those who couldnt play due to crashing can load it now.
  • Options
    DiemeloDiemelo Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2011
    Diemelo wrote:
    I tried to download the new world and received the following error message.

The item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.

I have everything except Fast Lane. Any ideas what's causing this? I'm sure I'll like the world with the replacements, but would like to try to resolve first if possible.

Yay! I figured it out... no thanks to EA. Had to update the EADM. It works now. I'll let you know how gameplay goes.
  • Options
    CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys, few tips about some stubborn objects around town:

You may have noticed sprinklers around town still show their placement domes in live mode. To get rid of them simply enter build/buy mode on that lot and that's it. If the dome is on an occupied residence, switch to that active family.

For fog emitters, in order for them to play the animation I intended, save the game and reload.
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited February 2011
    Okay I'm back with an update! The world runs GREAT now! Its a lot smoother and the lag is down to just a few seconds top! Thank you!!
  • Options
    denise110485denise110485 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Can someone walk me through the steps when using the world file? Do I have to delete the other world?what folder does it go into once downloaded? I usually do it through my launcher but its not working Thx
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited February 2011
    I am downloading and moving my legacy there. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    edited February 2011
    Is the lastest patch needed in order to download? :?:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights