Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires and Black Lights, Woo Hoo Strut, and Autonomous Journalism?

I think I'm way behind you guys in exploring this EP. I've been so busy building and editing Bridgeport. The only playing I have done is controlling sims while testing lots and making over pre-made sims.

But I just noticed these curiosities today and had to post pics.

I wonder if this is on purpose or a glitch.
This vampire's skin doesn't turn dark under black lights like normal sim's skin does. I hope it's on purpose. Vampires are visible in mirrors, but this would be an interesting replacement paranormal effect.
Screenshot-694.jpg
Screenshot-581.jpg

I laughed when I saw this sim strut after getting out of bed. Someone must have mentioned it by now. I must have been busy in picture threads. New to me.
Screenshot-628.jpg

I sent them to a local bar for a bit to eat and she walked like this all the way there.
Screenshot-629-1.jpg

I wasn't playing Haley Phillips or Don Lothario at the time, but Don interviewed Haley all on his own. It was nice to see. I would like to see more of stuff like this.
Screenshot-696.jpg

Screenshot-697.jpg

Screenshot-698.jpg
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• Options
    darkemofairydarkemofairy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Great pics! I think I've only explored maybe less than half of what is in the EP. Some was just touching on it but not really working with it.
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited November 2010
    Ck where do you go to get most of your cc?
    I recently started adding some cc in my game again and I got Twallan's master controller mod too. I am inlove with that mod. First time ever using a mod in my game but I have to say I don't think I could live without that mod now. I been editing so many Sims in Bridgeport now. I love it!

But yeah...back to my question where do you go to get your hairs, eyes, and skins? I been looking around but I am so unsure..
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited November 2010

Screenshot-698.jpg[/quote]

wow! look at his hair! :shock: i wonder if hes wearing a bump-it... its like 'Super Don Lothario' hair... :lol:

nice pics and info though.. ^_^
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited November 2010
    Simmerd80 wrote:
    Ck where do you go to get most of your cc?
    I recently started adding some cc in my game again and I got Twallan's master controller mod too. I am inlove with that mod. First time ever using a mod in my game but I have to say I don't think I could live without that mod now. I been editing so many Sims in Bridgeport now. I love it!

But yeah...back to my question where do you go to get your hairs, eyes, and skins? I been looking around but I am so unsure..

I just scan Mysims3blog for hair. I don't even want to look at that place now. My CC is now all merged and sealed up. I'm not adding any more. :lol: Unless Fresh Prince makes a nice Mini Cooper. I haven't seen a quality one yet.
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Female Hair

I have the Asian skins made by 234jiao from Modthesims/ That skin works very well with the new muscle sliders.
    Screenshot-39.jpg

Screenshot-38.jpg

I got my sims eyes from modthesims as well, long ago, but the creator removed them. Probably created his own site.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    okester wrote:
    Screenshot-698.jpg

wow! look at his hair! :shock: i wonder if hes wearing a bump-it... its like 'Super Don Lothario' hair... :lol:

nice pics and info though.. ^_^[/quote]

Yeah, I put it on him as a joke, but decided to keep it. :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Now I'm wondering if Humanoid Simbots get a pass from bouncers. :lol:
    They aren't supposed to let Simbots in according to how I have it set. Either they freak out with an "A Simbot!" reaction and promptly forget that they aren't supposed to let them in, or they don't recognize Humanoid Simbots as Simbots...which would be really cool. :D

That's my humanoid Simbot in white and yellow. I see EA still hasn't toned down the Simbot reactions. :roll:
    Screenshot-700.jpg
  • Options
    SidSid3SidSid3 Posts: 636 Member
    edited November 2010
    lol I love the black lights! I made my sims house beast with them :lol: Theres a fog machine, glitter machine, stereo, strobe lights, hot tub, dance floor, bubble blower and a dart board. It's really awesome :)Wish I took a picture before I exited the game :(
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited November 2010
    These are awesome as always. I cracked up when I saw Don's hair. It's perfect for him.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    CrazyPlumbob915CrazyPlumbob915 Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited November 2010
    The woman in the last picture.... where did you get her hair? I love it!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The woman in the last picture.... where did you get her hair? I love it!

I went into CAS hoping there would be a custom icon on it, but I have no idea where I got it. All my CC files are all merged up now. I most likely found it while searching through mysims3blog.blogspot.com.
  • Options
    ItchyNoodleItchyNoodle Posts: 188
    edited November 2010
    I think the strut is when they're like...beyond happy and proud xD

I noticed that too while watching a let's play of LN (before i got it today) and I also lol'd. xD
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I noticed that too while watching a let's play of LN (before i got it today) and I also lol'd. xD

I really got to buckle down and play the game to discover all the goodness. :)
    (Still afraid of any serious bugs I may find)

This is the first time I'm going without a Prima guide, so I really don't know what to expect. I was surprised there was even more dance moves that I thought there were.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    DP :roll:
  • Options
    satidelennsatidelenn Posts: 34 New Member
    edited November 2010
    CK213 wrote:

Humanoid Simbot??? What is that???
  • Options
    xlivE13xxlivE13x Posts: 1,244
    edited November 2010
    I wish my sims would do the strut ;-;
    I don't know why, but mine don't, even if they woohoo in an elevator. oh well I guess.
  • Options
    SaffronCat5SaffronCat5 Posts: 634 New Member
    edited November 2010
    satidelenn wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

I was going to ask the same question lol..
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    satidelenn wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

They're simply modded Simbots. :)

They behave and sound like a simbot, but they have a human sim skin.
    Screenshot-2789.jpg

You can make them with Twallan's Master Controller mod.
    Screenshot-2820.jpg

Screenshot-2821.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    xlivE13x wrote:
    I wish my sims would do the strut ;-;
    I don't know why, but mine don't, even if they woohoo in an elevator. oh well I guess.

I wish I knew exactly what made her so happy, but I'm still glad I didn't buy the Prima guide or that wouldn't have been a nice surprise. :)
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2010
    I want my sim to strut! I saw a video of it and it was the funniest thing ever. But sadly my sim does not seem to be pleased with the woo-hooing.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited November 2010
    CK213 wrote:
    satidelenn wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

They're simply modded Simbots. :)

They behave and sound like a simbot, but they have a human sim skin.
    Screenshot-2789.jpg

You can make them with Twallan's Master Controller mod.
    Screenshot-2820.jpg

Screenshot-2821.jpg

OMG. Most. Awesome. Mod. Ever.

It's just like the anime series, Chobits!!!

I gotta get crackin'...I never had a simbot before in my game...I'm a hardcore non-cheater to the point where I won't buy one with Lifetime Rewards until I have a sim make one from scratch first...maybe this is why I never got a playable mummy in game either...
  • Options
    SenkoLightSenkoLight Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited November 2010
    I want my sim to strut! I saw a video of it and it was the funniest thing ever. But sadly my sim does not seem to be pleased with the woo-hooing.

Does she have the does like to be naked?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SenkoLight wrote:

Does she have the does like to be naked?

:?:

Is that something new?
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Vampire having reflections is not a bug. This wa sby EA's design.

Vampire skins react differently then human skin to may things things. The no change under black lights seems to be by design and not a bug.

Sims get to places around the city depending on rote the game picks for them. I have seen then go to a subway, take it and the jump in a cab. Go to the subway station, enter and then come back out the same station and hail a cab. I have seen then take the taxis directly from one place to another, or a subway from one place or another. And they can walk as part of all of this as well as simply walk from where they are to where they are going especially if they are within a certain distance or their are not subway stations along the route they would take. These are not bugs but some often makes little sense and EA will probably be tuning it in a patch as so many people have complained.. but if they are doing it by design and people are just annoyed by it they could decide to leave it since it would be working as expected.

Simbot reactions maybe one of those things that are working as designed and so EA has not decided whether they should be tuned or not, especially as some people like the reactions.

The strut is new as are a few other interesting reactions after woo-hoo.

Autonomous Journalism is a cool feature but some think it may need some tuning as well as with the paparazzi. Some of it can go from a fun interruptions where you happy your sim was noticed to really badgering a 5 star sim for interviews and photo ops. I think its probably pretty close to what some 5 star celebs really go through with everyone wants photos, autographs, people that want to impress and meet them and interviews. Some wanted it tuned though because by the time they get a sim to 5 star they want to play uninterrupted and thats not happening!

Did that get all your questions?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    stormwench wrote:
    Vampire having reflections is not a bug. This wa sby EA's design.

Vampire skins react differently then human skin to may things things. The no change under black lights seems to be by design and not a bug.

Sims get to places around the city depending on rote the game picks for them. I have seen then go to a subway, take it and the jump in a cab. Go to the subway station, enter and then come back out the same station and hail a cab. I have seen then take the taxis directly from one place to another, or a subway from one place or another. And they can walk as part of all of this as well as simply walk from where they are to where they are going especially if they are within a certain distance or their are not subway stations along the route they would take. These are not bugs but some often makes little sense and EA will probably be tuning it in a patch as so many people have complained.. but if they are doing it by design and people are just annoyed by it they could decide to leave it since it would be working as expected.

Simbot reactions maybe one of those things that are working as designed and so EA has not decided whether they should be tuned or not, especially as some people like the reactions.

The strut is new as are a few other interesting reactions after woo-hoo.

Autonomous Journalism is a cool feature but some think it may need some tuning as well as with the paparazzi. Some of it can go from a fun interruptions where you happy your sim was noticed to really badgering a 5 star sim for interviews and photo ops. I think its probably pretty close to what some 5 star celebs really go through with everyone wants photos, autographs, people that want to impress and meet them and interviews. Some wanted it tuned though because by the time they get a sim to 5 star they want to play uninterrupted and thats not happening!

Did that get all your questions?

Thanks. I wasn't asking questions as much as making observations nor was I suggesting they were bugs. I think they are by design too, but haven't read it anywhere to confirm it. I know that vampire reflections are not a bug and I think looking different under black lights is a cool alternative.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It happened again after another sim spent the night at another sim's house. I think the moodlet is called The Walk of Pride. It lasts for 2 sim hours. I wish it was a little more off and on, but it is funny. Looks like EA is working on the charm element. :)