Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sookie Stackhouse Home

BlueashesBlueashes Posts: 48 New Member
Update 10/1/10: Still having issues uploading, but I will continue to try...Promise!.

Ok, so I'm a huge fan of the tv series True Blood and Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels (the books the tv series is based off of). I love Sookie Stackhouse's home so I made my own version for the Sims. Its based off both the visual description from the show, as well as the books' descriptions of the house. Of course it's not a perfect replica because (1) I put my own spin on some of it (2) I only used EA custom content (3) The limitations of building with the Sims and the fact that I'm definently not an expert builder. So, despite these limitations, and my lack of building skills I hope you enjoy it!

Will upload soon! But first...

Some Pictures:

Frontview.jpg
Frontentrance.jpg
Backhouse.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010

Entryway.jpg
    Entryway2.jpg
    Kitchen2.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    DiningRm.jpg
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Blueashes, excellent job with The Sookie Stackhouse home. I definitely like the overall traditional design and structure especially the front enclosed porch, smooth roof lines, and the rear sunroom. Great usage of windows, doors, white sidings, and the ridged black roof tiles. In addition, great job with the landscaping including the different combinations of flowers and trees. You also did amazing job with the interiors including the front hallway, kitchen/dining area, living room, and the formal dining room. Excellent job with the color schemes including the wallpaper. hard wood floors, and the furniture in which it defintitely completes the overall traditional look. My favorite areas would include the front enclosed porch, entire design, living room, dining room,kitchen and the sunroom. Rec and future dl from me. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    More Pictures

Living2.jpg
    Living1.jpg
    Downhall.jpg
    Backporch2.jpg
    Backporch.jpg
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited September 2010
    This is AMAZING! It looks just like it!
    I wouldnt be suprised if you got featured!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sparedown2.jpg
    Sparedown.jpg
    SpareBA2.jpg
    SpareBA.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thank you guys so much! I can't tell you how hard it was to get the roof over that front porch just right. As soon as I'm done posting pictures I'm going to put a few last minute touches on the house then upload it...

GranBr2.jpg

GranBR.jpg

GranBA2.jpg

GranBA.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Pictures of the 2nd story

Uphall2.jpg

UPhall.jpg

Spareup2.jpg

Spareup.jpg

SBR2.jpg

SBR.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    These are the pictures for Jason's Bedroom (Sookie's brother). Since he has his own house, he doesn't actually have one at Sookie's house on the show or in the books, but I needed something to fill up the upstairs of the home. Since he did live there at one time I based the bedroom on what I thought his room would've looked like when he was a teenager.

JBR2.jpg

JBR.jpg
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited September 2010
    Wow, i cant get over how amazing this is.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    These are the last of the pictures..Promise! Lol

Storage2.jpg

Storage.jpg

Toolside.jpg

Toolshed2.jpg

Toolshed.jpg

Outhouse.jpg
  • Options
    Isabella_SchatzIsabella_Schatz Posts: 3,966 New Member
    edited September 2010
    This is awesome :) I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse novels and watched every episode of True Blood so its nice to see someone do this house :) I'll be downloading as soon as you put it on the exchange :thumbup:
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited September 2010
    I know if I watched one episode of True Blood, I'd be hooked, so I stay away from it on purpose! lol! Your home is adorable! I love the front porch in particular. It's obvious you put a lot of effort in and it paid off! Will rec when you upload!!
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm having trouble uploading the house... but I'll keep trying. Will post a link to it as soon as I get it up.
  • Options
    Hello_KittyHello_Kitty Posts: 4,571 New Member
    edited September 2010
    WOW :shock: You did an Amazing job! I Will rec and Download once uploaded :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited September 2010
    Isn't that always the case when you really want to share something great with everyone the thing is wonky.Any plans to try and recreate the people?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, if I can ever get the house uploaded I might lol. I'm not sure what the issue is-even tried uploading on a computer that didn't have Fast Lane, but that didn't work either.

Anyways, I may try to recreate the characters, but I don't like doing celebrity sims because you need so much CC to get them to look perfect. I don't like using custom skins or makeup masks on my sims either. If I do make them, will probabaly be my own version of the characters. Then again, with Late Night coming out with vampires, others may try to make the characters (if they arent busy making thousands of Edwards and Bellas--but I didnt say that :wink: ).
  • Options
    sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Love TruBlood (: and youve def done a great job on this house!

(ps. I didn't miss the 'fairy' touch with the wheelbarrow and lampp-post beside the shed, NICE!)
  • Options
    ellejay156ellejay156 Posts: 13
    edited September 2010
    im a mad sookie stackhouse fan just wanted to say this is first class!!!

OMG i cant beleive how amazing this is, hope u get featured for all your hard work!
  • Options
    GaulMikeGaulMike Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2010
    Beautiful!! Must have this... NOW!!! You did a smashing job. Thank you so, so much. This is definitely my favorite house on the exchange.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited September 2010
    What a great eye you have to recreate this house so well. It's just how I always had it pictured. Really great job! :thumbup:

Only one teensy thing it needs...the crawlspace in the closet where Bill slept. :lol:

You probably need to rethink making the characters of the novels after LN comes out. You'd do a great job, I'm thinking. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MeMeMommyMeMeMommy Posts: 56
    edited September 2010
    OMG awesome job! I just love it you thought of everything!

bshag..I believe Bill sleeps at his own house w jessica in the morn.
  • Options
    aussiedonnaaussiedonna Posts: 155
    edited October 2010
    Blueashes, WOW! You did an amazing job of the Stackhouse house :thumbup: . Well done on using your creative imagination for Jason's room. I too can not wait for you to be able to upload so I can give you a recd.

I am a True Blood fan, I went to convention last week and had a photo taken with Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell)....oooh yummy <drool> :lol: .

bshag4lv, the space where Bill slept was in his house, the Compton house, not Sookie's house.
  • Options
    LandaXLandaX Posts: 229 New Member
    edited October 2010
    This looks exactly like how I imagined it to look in the sim world. You did a great job!
  • Options
    lightelflightelf Posts: 381
    edited October 2010
    Bluashes, this is really a fascinating lot! I definately like the woody feel of the whole house as my sim's house is also similar but rather modern. I couldn't build such beautiful country-like home. I would download and recommend when it's done. Good job!
  • Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2010
    Those that have read the books will know that there is, in fact, a crawl space in the guest room closet at Sookie's house for vampires that is light tight. Just for those correcting the other person lol.

And great job on the house! I have loved Sookie long before there was TruBlood lol
    Xois5I.jpg