Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for lowering Store Prices.

Comments

• Options
    kerosene31kerosene31 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't like the idea of micro-transactions, but I knew it was coming.

The prices are just way too high. Personally I won't buy anything beyond the free points I got at these prices.

Prices need to be cut by 50% or more for me to even think about buying anything.
  • Options
    WolfoftheNyghtWolfoftheNyght Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2009
    mrtauntaun wrote:
    How about a petition to put all of the stuff in the store now into the game for free, like it should have been at launch? I find it more appalling they held stuff back to gouge us AGAIN on top of our $50.

Amen my friend! I was ****** to see how little was included with the game and how much they wanted to charge to get the stuff that SHOULD be in it.
  • Options
    IanCIanC Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol
  • Options
    MoolymooPlayerMoolymooPlayer Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm hoping and praying for custom content from outside the site. I will admit I love love love this game but I miss my awesome make up, facial piercings and hair-for free. Soon, I know...Soon :( At least I hope? I got sim points with the game and such which I will use but I will never spend money for things we should have already been given. I saw this coming though...
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree with you, IanC, but if you want EA to pay attention maybe you should post this in the Sims 2 Store section of the forum. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SlyBoots wrote:
    I totally agree with you, IanC, but if you want EA to pay attention maybe you should post this in the Sims 2 Store section of the forum. :wink:

Yeah I would, but no one ever looks on that forum, so it's hard to get a good petition started.
  • Options
    littlewitchie6littlewitchie6 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm in. I think it cost to much for those things at the store. People would buy more if they were cheaper. you think? I would!
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was surprised as well. When I first got the $10.00 card, I suspected it would equate to 10,000 Sim points. I thought that was very reasonable. Even 5,000 Sim Points would be okay. But 1,000 Sim points for $10.00?? Sorry EA, but no one cares THAT much. Plus, modders always make better stuff AND it's free. There's no way people are going to pay that much money over and over again just for 'virtual items'. Plus, we can just customize and reupload the content we pay for and share it with other people. Sure, they'll spend their free 1,000 Sim Points, but after that, I don't see them making any money off of the Sim Store.
    They better start whipping out those expansion packs, because that's all I'll be paying for.

Sims Store = Epic Failure.
  • Options
    T3hXinroT3hXinro Posts: 85 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a whole lot of bad feelings about the Store. For one, I fear that they're going to skimp on items in the Expansion Packs, forcing people to download from the store. As mentioned before, there is a possibility that they'll revoke the rights from custom content creators and keep them from getting their stuff out once they figure out how to make new items. I for one won't be buying additional points. $20 is way too much for a set of virtual furniture - you can buy The Sims 2 Deluxe off Amazon for that much! EA makes great games, and I do like TS3, but they're getting greedy.

I propose a boycott on the store until they lower prices/promise not to harm Custom Content creators.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2009
    The Sim Store would be fine, if the game itself were free. But the double dipping is too much.

Sign.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You'de think they'd give us a little leeway considering our recission.

• Options
    cirugocirugo Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed.
    The stuff packs for Sims 2 sold for about fifteen dollars and you would generally get 3 sets plus additional clothing, items, etc.
    Not to mention the wide array of custom user-created stuff avaialable (which didn't seem to affect the sales of the stuff packs...hint, hint)
    Come on...you know you're going to sell your expansions and future stuff packs...is it really necessary to nickel and dime everyone to death?
  • Options
    IceSolatedRavenIceSolatedRaven Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I really dislike the Sims Store and always have even when they first started with Sims 2. The prices need to be reduced in half if they expect anyone to buy. A buck for a single female hair style that (I believe) only extends to one age group? No thanks. Stuff packs cost fifteen, have more sets, clothing, and hairstyles. The Sims Store is set to rip off fans.

/signed.
  • Options
    inkheart27inkheart27 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AGREED-Actually I think these items should have been included in the base game. Why do we have this store at all? EA is skimpin' our servings.
  • Options
    Lala7819Lala7819 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I really hate that they had the store up and running on release day with so much stuff already in it... Why was it not in or given with the game.

I don't have another $20 here $20 there to spend on a game. I have played The Sims since 2000, and that makes me want to quit buying EA all together.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with the OP. The Store is obviously a cash cow for EA because they don't have to worry about making expansion packs (or STUFF packs to be more accurate) that may sit on store shelves gathering dust if they make a miscalculation on what players want in their game but they can still CHARGE much more than if selling these objects in said expansion packs.
  • Options
    RudyHuXXXtableRudyHuXXXtable Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    With the way the store is set up, what would even be included in boxed expansions?
  • Options
    BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2009
    Kaps wrote:
    Torbin wrote:
    Nobody has forced you or your husband to purchase anything on the store. EA doesn't revoke your installation if you don't buy $15 worth of store items per month. It's an easy concept; If you don't like it, don't buy it. That works for the price as much as it does the item itself. Eventually we'll start seeing community made custom content, all it takes is patience.

If you're worried about "everyone else buying store items", you're not playing the same game I am. Gameplay shouldn't get worse because you can't install something a small part of the community has. Besides, you're not missing out on much for not buying from the store. Most of the items aren't exactly works of art.

Here's the problem. North American companies are jealous of the Korean and Chinese markets in games because they are almost completely micro-transaction based. By which i mean, instead of paying a subscription, or buying expacs, they sell small things for small amounts of money that add up.

American companies have already tried to make it work and it has failed so far, however companies like Apple has proved that micro-transactions can work. Like the App Store for Iphones and itunes etc.

EA is going to push this hard, and put lots of great content in there, and less in the expacs. And I guarantee mod developers and independent skinners are going to get the shaft from EA's legal department. They don't want people stealing their profits.

People will be able to make skins and furniture etc. "but" EA will limit the tools available, and they will revoke the right for developers to accept donations, and run ads making it almost impossible for the average person to pay for the bandwidth to deliver their content to the millions of sims players. And yes, legally they can do that.

Unfortunately, the store is going to stay.

Well.. I can understand that but still the prices should be reasonable. One room for the cost of half the base game? Seriously? In this economy that won't bring in any profit.
  • Options
    yeddaQuoteyeddaQuote Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've never purchased anything from the Sims 2 store. I'll never purchase anything from the Sims 3 store. But I will sign the petition, because whether I plan to buy anything or not, the rest of you do not deserve to get gouged.
  • Options
    KaseladenKaseladen Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd have to agree here. I know I won't be buying anything from the store, even with such a horrible selection of items available in the base game(like male haircuts for instance...)
  • Options
    LeoNate727LeoNate727 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, I mean if they only give us half of the content that we should start with, the least they should do is make the store prices cheap!

/sign
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    epitomeepitome Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign

They're scaring away their main customer base. I'm willing to shell out money for content. But not THAT much money. Heck, I was willing to pay $50 for the unfinished base game, right? I'm probably going to buy all the unfinished expansions too! Yep, I'd buy the pixels from the store at a REASONABLE cost.

Give us a break, EA -- we know you're greedy err... I mean "enterprising", but those prices are waaaay out of line. Somebody needs to sit down with the marketing department and give 'em a stern lecture.
  • Options
    rkade8583rkade8583 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I get $900 a month for disability and I live with my disabled father and brother in a crappy 2 bedroom apartment.

That being said, let me just say: It's ALL about priorities! $80 in slush funds combined with a distaste for 95% of the games that come out combined with paying for the game back in February means I'm riding high... on cripple money.

Enterprise away, jig?
  • Options
    yeddaQuoteyeddaQuote Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2009
    Because the game will randomly delete any any family that isn't the active household, I don't see a point to buying any more stuff, anyway. I only need to decorate one house, and I'm not gonna spend an additional 20 bucks, per room, to do it.
  • Options
    RodgerickRodgerick Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would go one step further than lowering the prices, this should not be content we have to pay for. Does anyone remember when this content was 'free' with the registration of the original game?

At this rate that EA is trading off craftsmanship for a quick, cheap buck they'll lose a substantial amount of income to the modders and the pirates.