Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for lowering Store Prices.

Comments

• Options
    AntonyfrnAntonyfrn Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed
  • Options
    topleya22topleya22 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed
  • Options
    ValdesValdes Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    While I do agree the TS3 Store prices are ridiculously high--I would definitely not hold my breath on EA lowering the prices. If I started a petition to lower the game's retail cost by $20 and I managed to get millions of to gamers sign it, do you think they would?

People will complain, yes--But at the end of the day, everyone (including whiners) will still continue to give EA their money for the great game they've created. Because of this, nothing will change.
  • Options
    yuiidragonyuiidragon Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There was content available in the store the moment the game launched. That means EA specifically took out already developed content from the game in order to put it into the store. Its one thing for a developer to make a full base game that is 100% complete by itself and, seeing the sales and excitement of that base game, decide to develop an ex-pack to add onto it later. Its another to take a 100% complete game, knock out 40% of it and hold it aside for those who are willing to pay money beyond the base game.
    The prices are ridiculous, especially for items that don't even look that nice. I think I found one thing I liked and it was a piece of clothing. I honestly feel, like a lot of other people on here, that EA left stuff out intentionally to try to get even more money out of us (the game is already 50$!) and then suspiciously left out something like body shop so most of us feel forced to either buy from their store or wait until the community comes up with a program to create CC.

^ This.

Btw, what they're charging for all the items currently on the Store amounts to around $250.

Bought the game for $50. Then they hope I pay $250 more for the rest of the stuff they had available at launch that should have come with the game. >_>

/signed
  • Options
    lostinpixelslostinpixels Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *signs* Not sure if it helps. It's EA that we're talking about. lol

I'm sadden by EA's approach on the matter. It's simply too much to ask from us. I prefer expansion packs....thank you.
  • Options
    apleasant22apleasant22 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Remember the good days of the Sims 1 with tons of free items added to the web site for free legal download? What happened to releasing massive expansion packs like Makin' Magic, Superstar, or even Open for Business to entice us to go spend $30 without question? Now we have to go to less than legitimate sources just to get a decent amount of variety into a game we just paid $5o for and risk even more glitches and crashes. All to avoid the giant credit debt we racked up in the sims store buying shiny non items trying to convince ourselves that we are satisfied with the anemic skeleton disguised as a game EA tricked us into spending money on. Shame EA. Shame.
  • Options
    SniperwormSniperworm Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /Signed

And EA wonders why they have such problems with pirates :roll:
  • Options
    Finlandia79Finlandia79 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I sign/

These prices are ridiculous!Shame on you EA! :evil:
  • Options
    zamajamzamajam Posts: 174 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am signing this petition too. The prices are rediculous. $20 used to buy a nice Stuff pack, now it only buys you a single set of itmes. I can't afford that, especially with today's terrible economy.
  • Options
    BlackKatBlackKat Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed. I have no problem paying for extra content. But the prices would need to be heavily revised before I could even consider it. I am not going to pay the price of an entire expansion pack for 6 or 7 items.

$5 = 5,000 pts
    $10 = 10,000 pts
    $20 = 20,000 pts

would ALMOST be reasonable, although still a bit steep.
  • Options
    kittenfluffieskittenfluffies Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The prices are way too expensive. I sent a couple of angry letters to customer service about it at the Sims 2 store a few months ago, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Yet here they are, still ripping us off.

Way to take the fun out of the game, EA.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign

I must say that I'm glad that I can at least use the store, the TS2 store wasn't available in my location. And I'm trilled about PayPal as a payment option for my location too!! But I would buy every item in the store today if they were 25% of the current price--and I'd keep buying everything that comes out if the prices were that reasonable.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    TomkatTomkat Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2009
    Of course EA is holding back.. how else will they get people spending cash? A stuff pack is less expensive to wait for to get all the crap from 'the store' anyway. I looked around there, but everything was just so...ugly.

I havent spent my 1000pt registration bonus yet. Not 1 pt.

I love community developed stuff.
    People also seem to forget that TS2 never had an 'official' custom content tool available either. Only BodyShop, but for objects we relied solely on SimPE, a free fan created program. I expect much the same thing to happen for TS3.

So sit tight... there will (probably) be tons of free stuff just as soon as the developing fans crack the code to write another program like SimPE for TS3.

Note to EA: if you really want to earn cash, you should probably get involved with those kinda things. Offering heavily overpriced objects in 'the store' only serves to p*ss fans off. How about sponsoring the development of CC programs in exchange for advertising etc? You'd come out looking like the heroes. And the whole 'EA is only about cash' argument will be void.

Anyways. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    SeanCarolanSeanCarolan Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    UbernoobyUbernooby Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign

What's really going to set people off is when the stuff they bought is someday included in expansion packs.
  • Options
    MAPLEOWL18MAPLEOWL18 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Plus anyone remeber how a cottage industry sprang up for the Sims 2 offering custom skins, outfits, furniture and mods. Some of it was free but some of the really realistic stuff, was going for like 10 dollars or 20 dollars, for a a really good hair mod or outfit. EA wasn't seeing a penny of that money, despite the fact that they made the game as all their stuff was free. 10 dollars might not sound like much but if 10 people or 50 people download it, that comes to 100 or 500 dollars. The only way they could get in on any of that action was through their "stuff" releases, like that wedding pack one. So who can really blame them for putting it in on the ground level this time.

That said I wish they had put a few more hair styles, and formal styles in. My females sim's want their tiara's back!
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am on board this petition. The store prices are way too high; so much so, it's a joke. As a side note to anyone who would use the store if the prices were cheaper (myself included), Best Buy is having a sale this week through June 6 in which Sim Cash Cards are only $5, instead of $10. This means you would get the same amount of points for 50% off. I hate Best Buy from past experience, but Wal-Mart will price match this deal as long as both stores are in the same local area, so I'll be going to Wal-Mart to snatch some up today.
  • Options
    digitaldoodlebugdigitaldoodlebug Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ubernooby wrote:
    /sign

What's really going to set people off is when the stuff they bought is someday included in expansion packs.

heheh! :D i bet you're right

i don't mind paying for extra stuff, but there are 2 variables: the quality of content (which the site is currently lacking)
    and the price of content (which the site is too overpriced)

i looked at the hair, there was 1 or 2 styles for the female i thought about buying with my free points (haven't spenty ANY yet) then i noticed you have to buy the same hair style for each age group!!!!! :twisted: that means i have to spend $4 if i want my child sim to have the same hair until she is an adult, are you kidding me? if it was a great hairstyle i could see $1 for all age groups. the mesh is already made, setting to the ages is small potatoes, and that SHOWS how greedy they are, hair should be set by style, not age.

edit: just saw a thread that said the same hair goes for all age groups, if that's so then great!

blusky: that's a good sale, (thought that's weird you're going to wally world, i don't care for them) but i think half that again before i would buy it.
  • Options
    LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed!

Not everyone has the internet. Hopefully they will still put out stuff packs for these people.
  • Options
    boudica206boudica206 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yup I'll sign that!

• Options
    beltanasimbeltanasim Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed!!

Crazy expensive...
  • Options
    AngstyOkAngstyOk Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2009
    I thought I'd signed this already, but it doesn't look like it. Definitely signed because the store is over priced by at least 200%-300% straight across the board.

I don't have a problem with buying extra treats for myself for my game, but I cannot justify paying $14 to $20 per suite of virtual furniture. That's crazy.

/signed!
  • Options
    ChauricaChaurica Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /Signed!

Definitely, it's far to expensive!
  • Options
    Jaimee17Jaimee17 Posts: 639 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not signed.
    If you think it's too expensive, than don't buy them.
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2009
    Not signed.
    If you think it's too expensive, than don't buy them.

If you think everything is hunky dorey, (as I admit some do when it comes to all things EA) then why bother with posting in a topic labeled Petition for lowering Store Prices. Better yet, why bother with a response everybody's heard before as if you were the first one who thought of it.

Better yet, there is nothing wrong with people responding to what they perceive as a bad move by EA when it comes to store prices and objects, especially at the launch time of a $50 game. No they don't have to buy anything and I apologize for everybody wanting to interfere with your ability to throw your money down the drain. But EA can simply come out themselves if they want to and say
    "If you think it's too expensive, than don't buy them."

and lose even more fans in the process. Oh wait, you just said it for them! You'll make a fine public relations rep for some company some day and thanks for repeating the same old line that's been repeated before. We appreciate it.