Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims standing around during actions!!!!

I will tell my sim to do something and thy wait for about 10-20 sim min. and then do it. (I will tell them to make food and they will wait, then they will cook it, and wait, then they will eat it and wait... they do this with every action i tell them to do it is annoying! Is anyone else having this problem, or something similar.

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    WhiskeycloneWhiskeyclone Posts: 162 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Same here. I don't know really. They've gotten pretty slow, especially when it comes to talking with others.

If this happens, I double-command them to do it, then cancel the second command. Works.
  • Options
    1995you1995you Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. It takes forever for my sims to do anything. Trying to start a conversation with another sim is especially slow.
  • Options
    Faithie167Faithie167 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I second this problem.
  • Options
    meggowigglemeggowiggle Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes I have this problem too. Annoying!!!
  • Options
    Kmarshall1990Kmarshall1990 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i have this problem too, idk i guess its just one of the problems that occur when the game is just released, im sure they'll make something to improve it.. i hope at least cuz it is pretty annoying
  • Options
    StackieStackie Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Add another one to the list! Very annoying.
  • Options
    springal87springal87 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i have this problem too!!! my goodness. it happens for every single action.. the game is freaking slow.. so much slower than sims 2. what is wrong?? it cant be my macbook.. cause i have 4gb of ram instead of 2. what is wrong? can it even be resolved? it's so irritating!! the speed up isn't working at all, i have to go through the original sims time while my sims are sleeping.. what is wrong??
  • Options
    Mirella418Mirella418 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have noticed a lag as well, but it hasn't annoyed me all that much. Not yet anyway. I do hope they resolve that issue, though.
  • Options
    theTORINADOtheTORINADO Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also have the same problem. My sims are constantly late for work/school or leave with all their needs down because it's nearly impossible to get them to do anything.

Get this though. I installed Sims 3 on Windows XP using Boot Camp and it runs much faster. The graphics still ****, but it fixes the lag problem. However, my Mac will shut off after 10 minutes of playing, so I can't even enjoy it on Windows. :(
  • Options
    SimmeringSimmerSimmeringSimmer Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This happens to me on my PC, but I'm switching to Macbook Pro, so I hope I don't have the same problem, (or any of my other problems with it being slow and lagging altogether). They will probably come out with patches to fix some of the problems a lot of simmers are seeing, but we'll just have to wait it out til then :-(
  • Options
    meghanrosemeghanrose Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i'm have the same problem :cry:
    especially when talking to other sims.. i really hope it gets fixed!!
  • Options
    CinderellaCinderella Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Some thing there too...

I notice it most when going through (opening closing) doors - its almost like that seems to trigger it.

I also have been getting some brutal audio chop suddenly.

• Options
    sunshinejenn03sunshinejenn03 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2009
    you can add me to this list as well.
    ccdedef9-211b-4e2c-bb1f-e55a0b05f020.jpg
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've got that problem as well, but to an extreme. My game is already slow as hell, but even with it running slow, my sim just flat out didn't do the action or waited FOREVER to complete it.

This is ridiculous and annoying with all the issues macs and PCs are having. They just should've waited longer and fixed all the bugs and glitches until releasing it. It would've been better to have waited longer than to have gotten it earlier and have to patch it 238432879 times.
  • Options
    ObsessedfaeObsessedfae Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I noticed this as well..actually sometimes it appears as though my sims don't want to do what i've requested and then finally they give in. weird.
  • Options
    RorshockRorshock Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It seems that everyone has this problem....including myself.
  • Options
    HyacinthGirlHyacinthGirl Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have also been having this problem, and it's making me crazy.
    Yesterday I actually made a sandwich for myself in less time than it took for my Sim to make one, and I had it on high speed. I hope a patch will correct this issue.
  • Options
    icanhasorganicicanhasorganic Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ooh, I've noticed this too, specifically with any actions having to do with babies/toddlers in a crib. If I tell my sim to feed a baby that's in a crib, the sim will just stand next to the crib for about 30 sim minutes before actually picking the baby up to feed it.
  • Options
    alexandra143alexandra143 Posts: 38
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem so annoying
  • Options
    elizka93elizka93 Posts: 756 New Member
    edited January 2010
    This happens to me as well. It happens at the start when I load my game up but as I give my Sims a lot of actions to do they get used to it and become faster.

Does anyone find that the object textures and colours take a while to load up as well? When I enter a household most of the objects are a gray colour until after a few seconds they appear as they are supposed to be.
  • Options
    alexandra143alexandra143 Posts: 38
    edited January 2010
    This happens to me too. Especially when trying to get them to take care of the baby. Its so annoying!
  • Options
    Curiousgal6Curiousgal6 Posts: 336 New Member
    edited January 2010
    elizka93 wrote:
    Does anyone find that the object textures and colours take a while to load up as well? When I enter a household most of the objects are a gray colour until after a few seconds they appear as they are supposed to be.

yep, i get that quite a lot, but it doesn't bug me as much as the standing around before doing something.
    same problem as everyone else, trying to get my sim to work in the morning and they stand for about an hour staring at the shower as if they're expecting some sort of fanfare. :roll:

it happened more often on my computer, but since i installed it onto my laptop it doesn't happen as often. i have better graphics + its faster on my laptop than the computer, so it must be something to do with the specs. :S
  • Options
    HARDENSWIFTHARDENSWIFT Posts: 434 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I didn't have this problem until I made a custom jacket and pants in clothing and then i started getting it. Maybe they are related, not sure. Going to go back to the crappy outfit and see if it stops.
  • Options
    HARDENSWIFTHARDENSWIFT Posts: 434 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Well he is still doing it but the sims i never made custom stuff for never have so i am just going to not customize my clothing anymore i guess.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have that problem as well. To bad that if they make an update to fix it we wont be able to download it unless we go through a bunch of awkward steps.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett