Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Legacy Blogs

Comments

• Options
    SerinValSerinVal Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, there are a few people who might not know how to set up software themselves, but I would personally like to be able to use my own software, then I could create my own CSS sheet for it, so I can do whatever I want to the theme. But that is just me and because I know how to do it.

Oh, and could I just get triellis-legacy for my name? :)
  • Options
    pb1285npb1285n Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I might do both. I'm looking in to using wordpress mu which will allow people to register and set up blogs on their own, but if you want to use something else I can do that for you too.

Yeah I can set you up with that name. I just have to get a few things ready. What blogging software would you like to use?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wordpress is fine for me, seeing as how I am already using it for mine.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal wrote:
    Wordpress is fine for me, seeing as how I am already using it for mine.

Okay I'll let you know once it is set up.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, just got an idea of doing some research into free blogging software, see which one would be the best, but that would take a while for me, probably a couple of days, lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Take your time, I don't mind switching it later on.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ah, fair enough. I think I'll just stick with wordpress. As long as I can make my own themes, then I am happy. :)
  • Options
    tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2009
    First a big Thank You to SerinVal! This thread is fantastic!!

I've always been a lurker and I have decided to join all of you in the Challenge. This is my first legacy and having never moved past second generation this shall be interesting to say the least. I never play without cheats either but all of your stories have inspired me to take a risk and have a Sim rough it!

I've just opened a wordpress acct. and although I'm not a natural blogger or writer I'll try to update my legacy status from time to time. It will be The Bella Legacy and can be found here: http://tinydancer114.wordpress.com (hope that works)!

pb1285n: I love the idea.. can I request tinydancer114.sims3legacy.com ?
  • Options
    TaraReneeTaraRenee Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    http://mysimlegacy.wordpress.com/
    This is the link to my Legacy blog...I've just started so bare with me hehe
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    First a big Thank You to SerinVal! This thread is fantastic!!

I've always been a lurker and I have decided to join all of you in the Challenge. This is my first legacy and having never moved past second generation this shall be interesting to say the least. I never play without cheats either but all of your stories have inspired me to take a risk and have a Sim rough it!

I've just opened a wordpress acct. and although I'm not a natural blogger or writer I'll try to update my legacy status from time to time. It will be The Bella Legacy and can be found here: http://tinydancer114.wordpress.com (hope that works)!

pb1285n: I love the idea.. can I request tinydancer114.sims3legacy.com ?

Yes you can, though I am too tired now and I ran into some issues. I'll be back in about 6-8 hours. I should have a self registration set up soon.

If you don't want to use wordpress let me know and I'll just have to set it up myself.

P.S. ignore sims3legacy.com for now. Registration was turned off because of an issue I ran into. Oh and it won't look like that for long, once I fix the issue I'll start working on an actual design,
  • Options
    thelexx3thelexx3 Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2009
    A big thank you to this thread! I LOVE legacies!:D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I like the whole Buddy Press to make it more social. We might not even need this thread anymore if everyone else decides they want to join. It might be good to make it for sim stories in general.

EDIT: Or for sim related blogs as well.
  • Options
    HyfrydleHyfrydle Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm interested with the hosting idea but I'm wondering how it would effect people like myself who use different blogging sites. I signed up with Blogspot especially for my blog but it's free so I can always transfer I guess.

Also would be cool to have some kind of legacy point scoreboard what do you guys think?
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Would I perhaps be able to have my legacy blog posted too?
    Its the dowsey legacy, it can be found at http://dowsey.wordpress.com to begin, then I upload the chapters to the ts3 site.

I would be greatful if you could :p
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, I know I said that I would be using the site-tools to upload my chapters, but that doesn't work very well, as in, can't even upload my screenies. So, sod that broken EA-crap.

My new blog can be found at http://littleminxundr.blogspot.com/
    In the first chapter, Pinstar finds love! XD
  • Options
    ToribevToribev Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would be interested, pb1285n. It sounds like a great idea and would make things much easier for everyone involved. There would be much less work involved for SerinVal.

However, I spent alot of time setting up on Wordpress. You said that using Wordpress is an option. Would my current blog be able to be kept and how would I move it over?

I really don't want to redo the whole thing and if I'd have to, I may decide not to have the subdomain.
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited June 2009
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha, I love the screenie of where shes like >:| "whos butt do I have to kiss!?"

that made me lol. I love how you've done it in a diary format! I was going to try it like that but it went a different path :D recomended
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal wrote:
    I like the whole Buddy Press to make it more social. We might not even need this thread anymore if everyone else decides they want to join. It might be good to make it for sim stories in general.

EDIT: Or for sim related blogs as well.

Hi SerinVal,

Thanks for starting this thread. I've never done a blog or anything outside of the Sims, so I don't know how to do all that stuff. I really appreciated this thread so I could find the legacy stories and get some feedback. If the thread dies, could someone help me with the blog you are all talking about?

Thanks,
  • Options
    orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n wrote:
    orenjikitty - I really like your style, I left a comment on your blog. Keep them coming.

Thank you.

I havent been able to read that much but I'll start reading soon. Gonna work on the next part.
  • Options
    StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n wrote:

To BlueChan - I had the same issue where I didn't like any townies, but I met Torgo Pendragon for the first time with my founder and he's an interesting character. Even if he does burst into tears for no reason.

Ahahahahah! My founder also met Torgo, and wanted to hit on him for his name (and because he doesn't look too bad from what I could see out of uniform)... but unfortunately she didn't have the chance to talk to him long when she first met him, and then he just wouldn't come over to visit her whenever she invited him. And since he's a service sim, he doesn't have a house to go to. :/

As for cute single guys in Sunset Valley... I've gone for Leighton Sekemoto twice now. ;) Including in my Legacy. He's my founder's mate (since Torgo was a wash), and may or may not end up as the father of the heir... :twisted:
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited June 2009
    bethekins wrote:
    Haha, I love the screenie of where shes like >:| "whos butt do I have to kiss!?"

that made me lol. I love how you've done it in a diary format! I was going to try it like that but it went a different path :D recomended

:lol: I'm glad you like it! I'm doing two formats. The stories I post here on Sims 3 will be humorous and in diary format. I'm working on a LiveJournal for the legacy which will more story-like. :-)
  • Options
    RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited June 2009
    TiredHalo - Your blog is so nicely designed... I hope you won't mind that I copied a few of your layout elements for mine when I was revamping. It's a compliment!
  • Options
    BlueChanBlueChan Posts: 1,600 New Member
    edited June 2009
    pb - For the name, I'd like lunelegacy, please and thank you. I'll use whatever software you give me to use, I'm not picky.
  • Options
    crystalfox05crystalfox05 Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2009
    pb1285n: I would like the name "Kentlegacy" as the name. I am also not picky about the software.

Thanks for doing this!

and thank you SerinVal for starting this thread. :-)

Let there be Sims! <3