Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• Options
    slh1913slh1913 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is awesome! I'm going to start playing tonight.
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is an incomplete list of Sunset Valley rich sims which, by the rules, are ineligible to become your founder's spouse. I have included sims that are recognized as rich due to their lot's value, even though they are not actually. If there are any discrepancies or families I missed, please don't hesitate to tell me. But make sure that you are basing your information on first-day loads of Sunset Valley and not what Story Progression has done. I have tried my best to visit households in person to confirm richness. I neglected to list some children and infants, simply because by the time they have grown, it is uncertain if they will still be rich due to Story Progression's weird dealings.

List of Rich Sunset Valley Premade Sims:
      Landgraab: Nancy Landgraab, Geoffrey Landgraab, Malcolm Landgraab
        Alto: Vita Alto, Nick Alto, Holly Alto
          Goth: Cornelia Goth, Gunther Goth
            Wolff: Morgana Wolff, Thorton Wolff
              Koffi: Gobias Koffi
                Crumplebottom: Agnes Crumplebottom
                  Langerak: Dustin Langerak, Illiana Langerak, Parker Langerak, Zelda Mae
                    Roomies household: Emma Hatch, Stiles McGraw, Tamara Donner, Blair Wainwright, Cycl0n3 Sw0rd
                      Working Friends household: Madison VanWatson, Monika Morris, Tori Kimura, Ayesha Ansari

If anyone would like to start a Riverview list, or if anyone finds this useful enough that they would like me to start that list, don't be a stranger.
                    • Options
                      cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
                      edited June 2009
                      I'm not sure if this means anything though, but Jamie Jolina brought over 7000 to the household when she married my founder. She never revealed as a "rich" though.
                      covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
                      SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
                      Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
                      Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
                      Origin ID: cshaner07
                    • Options
                      edited June 2009
                      cshaner wrote:
                      I'm not sure if this means anything though, but Jamie Jolina brought over 7000 to the household when she married my founder. She never revealed as a "rich" though.

How many days into your legacy did this occur, do you know? She is a doctor afterall.
                    • Options
                      edited June 2009
                      This may have been 5 or 6 days in. My founder is already halfway through YA span. She's a level 6 medical profession.

Because Pinstar specifically said no "rich" and she didn't reveal as rich I figure that I'm still within the rules, if not the spirit. They actually have a nice little house now with her influx of simoleans. : )
                      Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
                    • Options
                      edited June 2009
                      I don't believe Jolina is inherently "rich". I visited her house on day one and it did not recognize "rich". I think you are okay. She probably moved in with 7k because she sold her household possessions. You're in the good. :)
                    • Options
                      LadyPirate82LadyPirate82 Posts: 24 Member
                      edited June 2009
                      Same thing happened to me. I married Christopher Steel. My founder never learned that he was rich and he was unemployed but when I married him, the household funds jumped from 2500 to 9000. I figure I didn't marry him just to bring in money so I'm still following the spirit of the challenge. Just a lucky break for my founder.
                    • Options
                      edited June 2009
                      That's funny because, before the rules were introduced, my founder married Stiles McGraw who is listed as rich, but all he brought was maybe 2k to the household funds. It was depressing.
                    • Options
                      edited June 2009
                      Exactly - that's what I've done with Jamie - I was very careful to spend enough time with her for the rich to be revealed before persuing a romantic relationship. It was tough because she and my founder work opposite shifts. They'd be on a date near the theater or art museum and then she suddenly would run off without a word. I followed her one time and saw her running into the hospital. I then understood she was probably late shift.
                    • Options
                      edited June 2009
                      yeah, I wish there were a more reliable way to determine worth - my practice legacy before the rules were released, my founder married Blair Wainwright who identified as "rich" but she only brought around 2500 or so to the family as well. I wonder if it's because she left people behind on the lot, where as I think Jamie was on her own.

(also sorry about the double post, was responding at two different times to two different posts)
                    • Options
                      KirsalynneKirsalynne Posts: 126 Member
                      edited June 2009
                      Okay, so I'm a terrible terrible TERRIBLE builder. As such, I have a question.

Am I allowed to temporarily move my sims into the character bin long enough to place a house onto the lot? Then I'll move them back onto their lot (paying for the newly built house there with their own money of course).

No time will have passed in game, they will still be living on the same lot as before, the only difference is that the house on the lot was not built by me.

Please oh please say this is allowed, I build terribly and my house is gonna be so so so terrible if I have to build it :(
                    • Options
                      whitemacgirl190whitemacgirl190 Posts: 717 New Member
                      edited June 2009
                      I haven't been able to start yet, due to my faulty computer (have to get a replacement :(), but I was wondering ( this might have already been asked, i haven't read the whole thread) about the moving thing--can you put a new house on their lot?

(get rid of everything on it, then pick a house from the lots & houses tab and place it on the lot)

And can you move them out, them move them back into the same lot?

Can't wait to start playing!

*curses dell*

EDIT: Um, apparently someone just asked the same question a minute before I clicked "submit", so, um, what he said.

:)
                    • Options
                      orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
                      edited June 2009
                      aarin wrote:
                      This is an incomplete list of Sunset Valley rich sims which, by the rules, are ineligible to become your founder's spouse. I have included sims that are recognized as rich due to their lot's value, even though they are not actually. If there are any discrepancies or families I missed, please don't hesitate to tell me. But make sure that you are basing your information on first-day loads of Sunset Valley and not what Story Progression has done. I have tried my best to visit households in person to confirm richness. I neglected to list some children and infants, simply because by the time they have grown, it is uncertain if they will still be rich due to Story Progression's weird dealings.

List of Rich Sunset Valley Premade Sims:
                        Landgraab: Nancy Landgraab, Geoffrey Landgraab, Malcolm Landgraab
                          Alto: Vita Alto, Nick Alto, Holly Alto
                            Goth: Cornelia Goth, Gunther Goth
                              Wolff: Morgana Wolff, Thorton Wolff
                                Koffi: Gobias Koffi
                                  Crumplebottom: Agnes Crumplebottom
                                    Langerak: Dustin Langerak, Illiana Langerak, Parker Langerak, Zelda Mae
                                      Roomies household: Emma Hatch, Stiles McGraw, Tamara Donner, Blair Wainwright, Cycl0n3 Sw0rd
                                        Working Friends household: Madison VanWatson, Monika Morris, Tori Kimura, Ayesha Ansari

If anyone would like to start a Riverview list, or if anyone finds this useful enough that they would like me to start that list, don't be a stranger.

thank you! this means I can avoid them.

Just a question: The premade sims that are in the family bin: are they fair game? They weren't made by me but i do get to choose which house they live in.
                                      • Options
                                        ClaudiaVanTrampClaudiaVanTramp Posts: 506 New Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        I'm going to repost my question because I think it was overlooked:

I have what may be a "stupid" question, but I'm just looking for a little clarity here... are we competing for points? Or are we just doing this on a totally individual basis?

Edit: I can't believe I ended up at the bottom of the page again. I'll post once more... third time is a charm, right?
                                      • Options
                                        JpupyoyoJpupyoyo Posts: 17 New Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        Very awesome! Thank you!
                                      • Options
                                        edited June 2009
                                        My question was overlooked so I reposted and ended up at the bottom of the page, so I'm posting this one last time. I hope someone answers, because now I'm quite curious.

I have what may be a "stupid" question, but I'm just looking for a little clarity here... are we competing for points? Or are we just doing this on a totally individual basis?
                                      • Options
                                        klo85klo85 Posts: 97 New Member
                                        edited June 2009

I don't think we are competing for points. I'm pretty sure its just an individual challenge. But it would be great like pinstar said to share your legacy through story. I'm sure people will share how many points they are racking up though. So feel free to.
                                      • Options
                                        edited June 2009
                                        cshaner wrote:

This might not be of help, but...
                                        morsmordre wrote:
                                        What if a Sim moves in and is later identified as rich?

He responded:
                                        If that happens then you get a freebie. You can keep the sims married/moved in and you won't have broken any rules.

This is rare since the "rich" aspect is identified very early on by most sims, even those without the observant trait.
                                      • Options
                                        BigBadMushroomBigBadMushroom Posts: 730 New Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        Finished it already only got ten points. :(
                                      • Options
                                        edited June 2009
                                        I was thinking about making a best case scenario list of those who will move in with a decent amount of money, but I figure this is impossible to do due to the time that will pass between day one and whenever your sim marries that sim (and story progression.) Awesomemod may have something to do with the amounts of money so-and-so moves in with as well, since it fixes the default low amount sims are given when they move out and replaces it with a fair percentage from the household's funds. Since not everyone has awesomemod installed, it would be hard to make a generalized list.
                                      • Options
                                        HoinkDoinkHoinkDoink Posts: 51 New Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        Gonna give this a go :D
                                      • Options
                                        LadyPirate82LadyPirate82 Posts: 24 Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        Ignore this. Sorry.
                                      • Options
                                        StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        Reposting since it got lost like half a dozen pages back or so (plus I have another question to add on...)

Some questions (some I jotted down have already been answered in the meantime I see, such as using cakes to age up kids, but I still have a couple more):

1. To make sure - you can have kids with Rich Sims, and even have their kids as the heir, as long as you don't move them in/marry them, right? I'm thinking of trying for a kid with Gunther Goth, because I like his jeans, er, genes ... so would that be allowed and could the kid possibly be heir, so long as Gunther stays at his house and my Sim doesn't marry him?

2. Portraits can only be made of the bloodline, I understand that, but is there any restriction as to who's doing the painting? I just moved in/married Leighton Sekemoto (yes, again, I didn't plan it that way! ), and his son Sam... Sam I realize can't be part of the bloodline since he's my founder's stepson, but could he be the painter of portraits for the Sims who ARE in the bloodline, since he's Artistic and all?

3. From the way I understand it, a spouse of the founder can start earning points for the Legacy as soon as they spawn a child with the founder... even if that child/those children don't turn out to be heir, yes? This is related to my thoughts of having an affair with Gunther and possibly even making his kid heir (depends on how it all turns out). So if I understand correctly, as long as I have some "spares" with Leighton, Leighton and those kids will be part of the bloodline, even if Gunther's kid eventually is heir?

4. Were you thinking of adding additional rules that add more challenges/points, and were you taking suggestions for that? I wanted to ask before I start posting some ideas for them.

5. (New question) How are non-bloodline kids aging up in the household handled for traits? I had a step-son moved in when I married his father, so since he's not of the bloodline, does he get the family trait and randomize others, just like the bloodline kids do? I went ahead and did it like that, just in case, but I figured it'd be good to clarify.

Also wanted to add my thanks for making an awesome challenge, and putting up with us all. ^^;; I didn't want to spam the thread further just to add those, but since I'm posting questions anyhow...
                                      • Options
                                        Pumpkin43Pumpkin43 Posts: 12 New Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        This looks fun; thanks for the hard work Pinstar. My first time so I will learn as I go along!
                                        Where/how to write up each of our chapters please?
                                        Post edited by Unknown User on
                                      • Options
                                        SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
                                        edited June 2009
                                        Bumping so all will have a chance to see.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
                                      Emoji
                                      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
                                      Drop image/file
                                      Return to top