The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re:Empyrean Falls ~Download link Available~ Ready to be Play Tested

Update ~ 10-07-10 Here it is ready to be play tested. I hope it doesn't lag too much. Plays pretty well on my system but it is very large. There are many empty lots in this world.

Link removed ~ World is being updated for with new EP's & spawners.

Here are some pictures of my world, let me know what you think.
Screenshot-173-2.jpg

Screenshot-172-1.jpg

Screenshot-171-1.jpg
Coastline is not finished.
Screenshot-178.jpg

Screenshot-179.jpg

Screenshot-177.jpg

Screenshot-176-1.jpg

Screenshot-175.jpg

Screenshot-174.jpg

Screenshot-170-1.jpg

The pier, still working on this.
Screenshot-168-1.jpg

Screenshot-165.jpg

Screenshot-164-1.jpg

Screenshot-163.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do on this world but any feedback would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks. :wink:

And now here is a nice little update on this world. A couple random pics first.
Screenshot-196.jpg

You can see that houses are beginning to pop up here and there in the below pic.

Screenshot-203.jpg

Here you can see what I did to the coastline. I had to modify it quite a bit.
I did re-do the waterfall so its still there and improved. It now has a source. There is a cute little cabin campground area with a lake that is the source of the beach waterfall. I hope you like it.
Screenshot-197.jpg

Screenshot-198.jpg

Screenshot-199.jpg

I also gave the rivers some more details.
Screenshot-202.jpg

The mountains have many more trees.
Screenshot-200.jpg

I also redid the dock and the lot at the end of the pier is now a hang out garden.
Screenshot-204.jpg

Night shot of the beach falls.
Screenshot-207.jpg

I added some large rocks to the ocean. If you've ever heard of Twin Rocks Oregon you may recognize these rocks. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-205.jpg

Here is a peaceful nightfall shot of the ocean rocks.
Screenshot-206.jpg

Thanks for looking. :wink:

Edit: Here is a pic of the rocks at sunrise.
Screenshot-214.jpg

I also wanted to add a picture of the cabin campground and the brook that leads to the beach waterfall. Here is the camp.
Screenshot-212-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi TsunamiGirl,

I really like what you have so far! It looks great and reminds me of some of the more countrified parts of the UK. Actually thinking whilst I type, it reminds me of a place in Somerset where I went camping last year! :)

Really picturesque! I think I might just have to bookmark this one!

Gaz :)
  • Options
    dallasdallas Posts: 282 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Wow, the world looks awesome so far! I especially like the roundabout and the pier. The scenic roads look great too.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure you'll find someone to help with your building. Remember, there's no time limit with CAW - I would much rather see this all world finshed and polished than pumped out quickly because people start nagging for it (which will happen ;)).
  • Options
    goligy08goligy08 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Where did you get the custom road ? :P
  • Options
    KevinSullivanKevinSullivan Posts: 267 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This looks Amazing!

A few questions...

How do you do your mountains? Mine always look like spikes.

How are you blending the terrain so well?

What are the terrains you're using and at what strength etc. etc.?

How do you place trees, because mine always look unnatural?

But anyways, this world looks GREAT.
  • Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited July 2010
    wow :shock: im glad i saw this, so many threads so fast im missing things
    but this is looking lovely :D!
  • Options
    Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Its almost too good! ;)

BBoy
  • Options
    chris2chrischris2chris Posts: 1,909 New Member
    edited July 2010
    WOW! this is sooo amazing! one of the best worlds ive seen, this is such an inspiration
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Your world is GORGEOUS!

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    Rebekka0Rebekka0 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    :shock: My God, you have done a fantastic job! Will it be some downhill lots? (Hope so) :lol:
    Can not wait until I can download it. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This looks so great! I love your waterfalls. It is looking gorgeous. Keep up the good work! :D
  • Options
    samaronisamaroni Posts: 43 New Member
    edited July 2010
    WOW! All that I can say is amazing! It looks really great, and I love all of those winding roads and useage of trees. Nice job! :D
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited July 2010
    This is awesome!! Bookmarking to keep up! I love the roundabout and those mountains and falls are fabulous!
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been rather obsessed with this world. :shock: I guess that's a good thing though. :lol:

@MadGaz ~ Thanks for the comment. I grew up on the Oregon coast which is very green with lots of trees and rivers. This town reflects the sort of landscaping that I love. I'm glad you like it. :wink:

@dallas ~ I plan on taking my time with this world, I really want it to be as perfect as I can make it. I love that people like it and I know how it can be to have to wait for something but I definitely don't want to rush through anything. I think the lot building will take the longest. There are over 200 and I'm still not done placing them. This world it pretty big.

@goligy08 ~ I think I got the custom road textures from customsims3.com. It was a while ago but I think that's right.

@KevinSullivan ~ You know whats funny? I actually don't like my mountains all that much. I keep scrutinizing them every time I look at them. :lol: Anyway I don't use the mountain tool for them, I go with the hill tool and mess around until I'm sufficiently happy. The blending takes practice and I know I'm definitely still learning. I set the strength between 10-20, same with the falloff. As for the trees, well, I just plop them down wherever. There really is no method that I use. :lol:

@drowssap ~ I know what you mean. I see a few threads I want to read and by the time I'm done with one the other might be on page three. :lol: You have to be fast.

@Birkettboy55, Chris2Chris, and mikitta47, ~ Thank you so much for your comments, they make me want to work that much harder on this world.

@MomSonSimFun ~ I love waterfalls so I knew right off that I wanted a lot of them in this world. In fact, I just added another one. :mrgreen:

@Samaroni & Yahtzami ~ Thanks, I'm glad you like it so far. I'm having a lot of fun with it and I love all the positive feedback. I'm so glad CAW has been fixed so I could finally start to share my progress with all of you.
  • Options
    boysinbikinisboysinbikinis Posts: 31
    edited July 2010
    OMG this is AMAZING! I LOVE YOU! :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @boysinbikinis ~ lol, thanks.

Here is a minor update, only three pics.
    I worked on the coastline a bit. I just added some palms and put the last road in that leads to one of the falls.
    Screenshot-182.jpg

I made another waterfall. I just can't help it, I love them. :wink:
    Screenshot-183.jpg

And this is to give everyone an idea as to how many lots are on this world. There are still more to be placed.
    EmpyreanFallsLots.jpg
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited July 2010
    Its going to turn out really good :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @TinTinnerson48 ~ I certainly hope so. :lol:

I'm leaving for a vacation to the Oregon coast on the 20th. I will be coming back on the 27th to resume work on this world. I hope to draw some inspiration from the Oregon coast while I'm there. I grew up there so it will be so great to go home again, the anticipation is killing me. :mrgreen:

So, due to my work schedule, this will be the last day I can work on Empyrean Falls until I get back. As of right now the only things I can think that are left to be done is to place all the spawners and create the rest of the buildings. Oh, and about a dozen or so more lots need to be placed.
  • Options
    NiCandCoNiCandCo Posts: 270
    edited July 2010
    This will be my first world that I intend to eventually upload. I'm posting some pictures for general feedback on my progress thus far. I still have more lot and tree placing and a bit of coastal land development to work on. Plus I haven't started routing yet.

Also, is it possible to ask for help with houses? I love to build but it takes me a good day or two to get something I'm really proud of. This world has over 100 residential lots. Most of the lots are normal sizes such as 20x20, 20x30, 30x30, 30x40 and 40x40 plus a few 60x60's. If you want to help with lots or have some that you wouldn't mind letting me use for this world, that would be awesome. I have the need for country/farm houses, log cabins, and beach homes but there is plenty of room for other styles too.

Here are some pictures of my world, let me know what you think.

I still have a lot of work to do on this world but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :wink:

The world your creating looks absolutely incredible!! The country roads and the waterfalls look stunning. I'd love to see pics when you've compeltely finished.

Nikki.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    NiCandCo ~ Thanks, I wish I could work on it right now, not that I`m not enjoying my Oregon coast vacation! lol.

I have seen so many adorable beach homes that I can`t wait to build and add to my world. I wish I had a lap top. This is hard to type on a cell phone. Anyway, I`ll be back to work on this world by the 28th. Thanks for all the support so far.
  • Options
    roxydaisy001roxydaisy001 Posts: 483 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I adore this! It is so beautifully made! Very scenic town :) I would love to build for you. Just let me know what size lot you would like me to make ! I can pop out a few lots for you if you like :P I'll bookmark this thread and check back for your answer ^^
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @roxydaisy001 ~ Thank you and I would love it if you would help with houses. Sorry for not responding sooner but my phone would not let me get back on this site. I am now home so I can use my much missed PC again. :lol: Anyhow, I don"t know how many you are willing to build but any would be a great help.

I need sizes in 20x20 20x30 30x30 30x40 and 40x40. There are at least ten of each of these sizes. I'm struggling the most with the 20x20. Those tiny lots are hard to build a cute yet unique house on. The above lots are inland and would just need to be regular houses.

If you want to do a specific style of house I have a need for beach homes, log cabins, and farm style homes.
    Still left to build for the beach area are three 30x20's, four 30x30, four 40x30, three 40x40, and a 60x40.

Log cabin lots are three 20x20, one 20x30, one 40x30, three 30x20, two 30x30, and one 40x20. These cabins are located on a hill in a wooded area.

Farm houses are needed in the following sizes; three 20x20, ten 30x30, three 30x20, two 40x30, one 40x20, and one 40x40.

Thank you so much for any you do choose to build. I greatly appreciate the help. I just arrived home today from my trip and after a bit of a nap I'm ready to restart work on this world. I saw so many cute, rustic, elaborate, and unique style homes while on the coast. I hope to get a few of those built tonight. Again thanks for the help. If anyone else wants to pitch in and build one or a few of these lot sizes feel free to do so. Much thanks and happy building. :wink:
  • Options
    melissagibbmelissagibb Posts: 752 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you but if you keep up the level of detail from what you have done so far it's going to be...hmm...AMAZING! I'm excited to see more. Good Luck! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2010
    Tsumani girl, you should checkout ehaught's studio he has a wee farm as well as a multi lot farm that is just gorgeous - he's one of the most talented builders on the Sim period; he built the world called Fort Sims - but he has just page after page of places in his studio that may be of interest and his log cabins are breathtaking.

He does not use any third party content in his buildings, so no worries and all his buildings are doll free and safe to download - I've tested every single one of them. I have most of his stuff in my game as I cannot even begin to make the kind of things he makes. He also has community lots including a french grape farm and nectary, several churches - so many lovely places.

By the way I think Oregon looks a lot like where I live in the White Mountains here in New Hampshire. If I didn't know any better I'd swear I was going up the trail road to the Castle in the clouds which is actual just down the road a ways from us. Or the Kangamangus Highway. It is so famous for Autumn foliage people come here from all over the world just to travel that highway when the foliage changes. It literally takes your breath away it's so beautiful. Right now it's all green like yours is though and still looks lovely.

But very beautiful job. Oregon and Washington State looks like they were both connected to NH, Maine, and Vermont at one time. Amazing, yet on two different coasts.

But lovely job. If we ever get a medieval style ep my first thought when I saw it was that would make the perfect Camelot and Sherwood Forest too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2010
    @melissagibb ~ Yes it is a lot of work but it's fun too. 8) I'm adding more detail to the mountains. After visiting Oregon I have decided that you shouldn't be able to see through to the ground where the trees are in the mountains. So, I have added more to them and put stumps and burnt trees in the barren areas, to make it look like clear cutting.

@Writin_Reg ~ Do you think he would mind if I used his homes in my world? I of coarse would give credit where it was due but I hate not having permission from the source. I have seen his creations and absolutely love them. Many of them would look wonderful in my town.

I've never been to that side of the US. I always thought it would be cool to see the sun rise out of the ocean rather than set. :lol: I googled some images and WOW! It looks gorgeous. The furthest over I have been is to Arkansas on a vacation to beaver lake. I've also been up to Vancouver in Canada for Expo 86 but I was only six so the memories are a bit fuzzy. :D I already miss Oregon. If we can find decent renters for our home we might move back. It's hard though, I'd hate to come back to a destroyed home. We just don't want to sell it. That's at least a couple years down the road though, so, no need to worry right now. :-o

Anyhow, thanks for the comments on my world and if you think ehaught58 would be fine with me using some of his lovely houses then I'll head over to snag a few. :wink:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2010
    Nope, I've asked him many times and as long as he gets credit he's a happy camper. He's a talented guy and very nice. He sort of encourages use of his things. He has thanked me many times for name dropping his stuff. I've been doing that since we were all in Sims 2. He's just so talented.

Hey he checks his Fort Sims thread quite often, just mention I sent you and you can ask first hand. I've never known ED to say no as he loves to share. But that way you can hear from him personally.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....