Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testingcheatsenabled is now boring

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    real_cutiereal_cutie Posts: 1,749 Member
    edited June 2009
    the sims was an original. it was funny. even though its so old now. its still fun to play
  • Options
    scarletraven28scarletraven28 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2009
    SimpsonFly wrote:
    Off-Topic: On the bright side, EA could have done much worse with the game.

On-Topic: I want "Dump Happy Log"! Now!

True, but they did cut huge corners with some features that simmers like you and I are used to ( we dont need to go into details because they been mentioned tons of times)

I guess the just wanted this game done, and will provide us with more once they do some expansions.
  • Options
    StephydStephyd Posts: 102 New Member
    edited June 2009
    there's no boolprop, it's just shift/control and c, and testingcheatsenabled
  • Options
    real_cutiereal_cutie Posts: 1,749 Member
    edited June 2009
    yeahh. the cheats on sims 2 were sooo better!!
  • Options
    Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know! I want my cheats back, and my neighborhood creator back! I want it all back! So, I re-installed The Sims 2 and now I haven't played The Sims 3 for a week now. Three of those days were because of The Sims 2, and four were because I was in San Diego.
    But thanks to The Sims 3, I feel like I'm losing interest in the Sims! Ugg, thanks a lot, EA, thanks a LOT, EA. :x
  • Options
    KmScMTKmScMT Posts: 78 New Member
    edited June 2009
    LandaX wrote:
    Maxis wasn't removed, Will Wright left EA and started his own think-tank called 'Stupid Fun Game' and wherever Wright goes...

His last project with Maxis was Spore and if anyone else played that...

...thank god they didn't have a hand in Sims3!

Spore was going to be a lot more complicated and like the videos shown, but some idiot working for Maxis (I forgot his name) decided that the average gamer was too stupid to understand Spore, so it was dumbed down.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    love your avi pretty sweet...

And yeah spore was "kiddified" I felt like they made it too cartoony, i bought and was excited about it, i think i played it 5 times.. and was so bored of it.
  • Options
    Ellie_215Ellie_215 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I couldn't agree more, i loved everything about the cheats before, but now it is boring. You can't add NPC's as simply as you could before, you can't get your sims pregnant as easy; simple things like that.

I'm also missing the Platinum Plumbob/Mood i haven't seen that in the game at all. Plus i know this sounds wierd but it was useful to have the L+D so same gender couples could have their own children. :(

I'm actually thinking about loading The Sims 2 onto my old laptop again, i'm really missing it. I know TS2 and TS3 are copmpletely different gameplay and they have made it more challenging but i think they've made it too hard, in the way that it becomes annoying and harder to continue onto each generation. But thats my opinion, don't have a go at me for it.

Don't get me wrong, i think TS3 is great; i just think because i've played TS2 for so man years i've grown attached to it more. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ellie_215 wrote:
    I'm also missing the Platinum Plumbob/Mood i haven't seen that in the game at all. Plus i know this sounds wierd but it was useful to have the L+D so same gender couples could have their own children. :(

So did I :(
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2009
    PosterGirl wrote:
    I used boolProp all the time when I use to play the sims 2, I'm kind of glad that it doesn't work the same because I wanted to see what it was like to play the game without cheats.

Agreed but some cheats are necessary so you can craft your sim world the way you want it to be. Sometimes the are also necessary to offset some of the ways in which the game is completely unfair. For instance, this is a life simulator, right? How is it then, that kids spend all of that time going to school but never learn anything?

In sims 2 if my sims kids got a D they received 3 skill points to be divided up anyway I wanted. A C got 6, A B got 9 and an A got 12. If the sims kid went on to college and graduated they received 6 more skill points. To me this was fair. Why should a kid go to school and then to college and still be completely unprepared for life and career? If your sims teen has a job you hardly ever get to play it by the time it has to do school, job, and homework. The school and homework is a black hole of time that does very little to benefit the sim or the house.

If my sim wanted to take some time off to pursue some other interests and then decided to restart its career is it really fair to start at the beginning again (or if college around the middle)? That is not the way real life works. Once you have a top position on your resume you should be able to start a job in that same career at least at level 7 or 8.

While I dislike motherlode and static needs types of cheats I see no problem in using them to offset some of the unfairness of the game and use them to customize a game to tell a certain story. Didn't you ever think it was sad that 2 sims can't ever fall in love at first sight?
  • Options
    BeccareeBeccaree Posts: 436 Member
    edited June 2009
    I only used those cheats during the end of the sims 2 when I was bored. Those cheats actually ruined the game for me. I would always make my people have full energy and never be hungry. It got boring fast. The only cheat I'm currently using is the motherlode cheat. It's boring without money. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I agree, another thing i think is so sad that those marvelous CC creators for TS2 can't create proper unique things for this game, yeah you can customize anything in TS3 but you upload patterns that other people could do just by simply picking them from their own game.

I miss default eyes and skin, i miss reading the legacies on TS2 exchange, i miss MTS2 :( and writing my legacy.

I think it would've been great if the seemless neighborhood was just put into TS2.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dooglers8 wrote:
    I know! I want my cheats back, and my neighborhood creator back! I want it all back! So, I re-installed The Sims 2 and now I haven't played The Sims 3 for a week now. Three of those days were because of The Sims 2, and four were because I was in San Diego.
    But thanks to The Sims 3, I feel like I'm losing interest in the Sims! Ugg, thanks a lot, EA, thanks a LOT, EA. :x

I am playing sims 2 about 80 percent of the time and sims 3 about 20 percent of the time. Part of it is because sims 2 is so much more interesting and part of it is because I am waiting for sims 3 to get some patches out. I was hoping sims 3 would replace 2 because 2 had gotten so bogged down but that is not the case so I got the custom content manager and deleted all the custom content and I deleted all the neighborhoods so the game would recreate them. It is so nice to see characters that in my game had died a long time ago.

Sims 3 derailed my story in the first week with an unwanted child given to a young adult male who had not even had his first kiss yet. I realize now there is a work around but the damage is done. I don't hate sims 3 but it needs some more work and some expansion packs before sims 2 is shelved.
  • Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bobbo wrote:
    Dooglers8 wrote:

I am playing sims 2 about 80 percent of the time and sims 3 about 20 percent of the time. Part of it is because sims 2 is so much more interesting and part of it is because I am waiting for sims 3 to get some patches out. I was hoping sims 3 would replace 2 because 2 had gotten so bogged down but that is not the case so I got the custom content manager and deleted all the custom content and I deleted all the neighborhoods so the game would recreate them. It is so nice to see characters that in my game had died a long time ago.

Sims 3 derailed my story in the first week with an unwanted child given to a young adult male who had not even had his first kiss yet. I realize now there is a work around but the damage is done. I don't hate sims 3 but it needs some more work and some expansion packs before sims 2 is shelved.

Agreed. I've played sims 2 more than sims 3 as well.
  • Options
    Lloydie94Lloydie94 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ii think you just need to think about when we all stopped playing TS2, there was custom content and hacks and all sorts of thingy-bobs that made TS2 more interesting, i mean i couldn't play The Sims 2 without hacks and CC! TS3 has only just very recently come out and there hasn't been much time for CC Creators to get cracking with CC and Hacks and stuff, think about The Sims 2 base game and The Sims 3 base game... now compare them. IMHO, The Sims 3 base game is far more developed than The Sims 2 base game was.
    Just wait for some expansion/stuff packs, and a little CC and some awesome hacks, and i'm sure you'll grow to like it, if not love it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Lloydie94 wrote:
    Ii think you just need to think about when we all stopped playing TS2, there was custom content and hacks and all sorts of thingy-bobs that made TS2 more interesting, i mean i couldn't play The Sims 2 without hacks and CC! TS3 has only just very recently come out and there hasn't been much time for CC Creators to get cracking with CC and Hacks and stuff, think about The Sims 2 base game and The Sims 3 base game... now compare them. IMHO, The Sims 3 base game is far more developed than The Sims 2 base game was.
    Just wait for some expansion/stuff packs, and a little CC and some awesome hacks, and i'm sure you'll grow to like it, if not love it :mrgreen:

I believe that sims 3 will be an amazing game over time. But until then sims 2 is still perfectly playable, in fact, I am still making new discoveries in it.
  • Options
    sawgrass770sawgrass770 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ellie_215 wrote:
    I agree, another thing i think is so sad that those marvelous CC creators for TS2 can't create proper unique things for this game, yeah you can customize anything in TS3 but you upload patterns that other people could do just by simply picking them from their own game.

I miss default eyes and skin, i miss reading the legacies on TS2 exchange, i miss MTS2 :( and writing my legacy.

I think it would've been great if the seemless neighborhood was just put into TS2.

Actually, we can't customize everything. For example, we can't touch fences, flowers or roofs with the customizer. Grrr.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Lloydie94 wrote:

Yeah i think your right, i may have been a bit judgemental. I think i'm comparing it to TS2 which i shouldn't do. I remember when TS2 first came out it was so much more advanced than TS1 that i loved it staright away, now with becoming familiar with all the EP and SP we forget what playing The Sims with only the base game was really like.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ellie_215 wrote:

Actually, we can't customize everything. For example, we can't touch fences, flowers or roofs with the customizer. Grrr.

Well ok i know that but i'm just saying i'm missing the old CC and as i said i think i was being a bit judgemental. It just seems really different when we look back from how massive the jump was between the first two games, and it's bad in ways to compare.
    I think we are forgetting that it is a newly released game, and people includiong myself shouldn't expect too much too soon. :)