Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testingcheatsenabled is now boring

Has anyone noticed how little we can now do with the Testing cheats cheat? I used it lots before in Sims2 to make my town more individual, such as getting rid of all npcs and putting my own in. But the one I'm most concerned about is the 'force error' cheat, not there, and very useful. I had an easel got stuck the other day, would have just 'forced error', easel deleted, back again when I went back in. I had to manually delete it and buy it back.
Loved boolprop testing etc etc . ...

Strange, but Im losing my love of sims since I bought sims3 ...

Comments

• Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree it is boring....
  • Options
    KittygaaalKittygaaal Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I want my tombstone of L+D back :(
  • Options
    StephydStephyd Posts: 102 New Member
    edited June 2009
    oh yeah, me too.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2009
    I used boolProp all the time when I use to play the sims 2, I'm kind of glad that it doesn't work the same because I wanted to see what it was like to play the game without cheats.
  • Options
    real_cutiereal_cutie Posts: 1,749 Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah yeah tombstone of L and D was fun. and the reaction test thing. i always used that for stories
  • Options
    iFidgetiFidget Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It is, which is odd. I was under the impression that the Sims 3 sought to emphasize video creation with its special video editing software, but the types of cheats absent from the game were crucial for productions. And just generally having a tonne of fun.

The game is great, but a lot of the little things are missing. I wonder if its because Maxis was booted from the project
  • Options
    scarletraven28scarletraven28 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2009
    I loved the tombstone of L and D ...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    MAXIS DIDNT MAKE THE GAME??? WHATTTTT
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm most disappointed because I craft stories with the game, and now it's even harder to get the right reactions out of my Sims at the right moments. I hope someone finds a way to remedy this.
  • Options
    Rainywill5Rainywill5 Posts: 663 Member
    edited June 2009
    Tombstone of L&D was the best, I used it all the time I want it back as well.
  • Options
    Mamma_StumonMamma_Stumon Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I loved the tombsotone of L&**** I would get my sim preg from any average person walking by the house, LOL. It was also funny to get my husband pregnant with himself and then when I showed him (IRL) he was like WTHeck? and I was like you spent too much time in the shower, LOL.
  • Options
    iFidgetiFidget Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    real_cutie wrote:

I know right? Mindbender. The logo doesn't appear in the game intro's and if you look on wikipedia, it says "The Sims 3 is a strategic life simulation video game in the popular and critically acclaimed The Sims franchise, originally created by Maxis. " and if you go to the maxis wiki page they list the last project as spore. I'm sure they had some hand in it but.. yeaah..
  • Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, Maxis was busy focusing on SPORE. Tragic, considering what a flop it was (IMO, I know).
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    you have got to be kidding me. MAXIS IS THE SIMS lol. i had no idea. wow
  • Options
    SimpsonFlySimpsonFly Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, just like Bungie has nothing to do with Halo anymore. :?
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2009
    iFidget wrote:
    real_cutie wrote:

I know right? Mindbender. The logo doesn't appear in the game intro's and if you look on wikipedia, it says "The Sims 3 is a strategic life simulation video game in the popular and critically acclaimed The Sims franchise, originally created by Maxis. " and if you go to the maxis wiki page they list the last project as spore. I'm sure they had some hand in it but.. yeaah..

That explains a lot... :cry:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah, EA took this project over 100% maxis has nothing to do with the sims anymore.. I'm not sure if they are joint venturing but I know wil wright is basically retired now. (as he should be man made an empire lol)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i think my soul has been ripped out. thats why the games were so good because of maxis!! and what about will wright?? does he have ANYTHING to do with it?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    real_cutie wrote:
    i think my soul has been ripped out. thats why the games were so good because of maxis!! and what about will wright?? does he have ANYTHING to do with it?
    Wright doesn't even work at Maxis anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    wow. thats so dumb... my loving maxis...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I use a mac and aspire doesnt do the mac games.. EA took it ALL over, so Maxis is not to blame for any errors or issues with the software that you guys may have, if faulty.
  • Options
    ConnorJackConnorJack Posts: 836 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't even access this cheat!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Off-Topic: On the bright side, EA could have done much worse with the game.

On-Topic: I want "Dump Happy Log"! Now!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    really?

your doing the command +shift + C comand... typing in this ... testingCheatsEnabled true JUST like I typed it.. you can do it in game ..
  • Options
    LandaXLandaX Posts: 229 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Maxis wasn't removed, Will Wright left EA and started his own think-tank called 'Stupid Fun Game' and wherever Wright goes...

His last project with Maxis was Spore and if anyone else played that...

...thank god they didn't have a hand in Sims3!