Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Differences in the Family Tree (Sims3 Legacy Challenge) Come Try It! (Updated to Island Paradise)

Comments

• Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited June 2010
    But you already are using Zephry Hill Tuf! I cannot steal it :)
  • Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited June 2010
    afkthenad wrote:
    But you already are using Zephry Hill Tuf! I cannot steal it :)

No you can. You can. It's beautiful. That or you could use Butterfly Acres it is made by the same person. Also very pretty.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/163121.page
  • Options
    simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    TheUsernameFound, I absolutely love your challenge! I'm still going through the rules, but I appreciate how much thought you have put into this. This sounds like the perfect way to experience many of the things the game has to offer while still feeling like there is a purpose to what you're doing.

I plan on starting this soon and would love to share my progress as a story. I know this site has a story writing feature, but it seems like a lot of people use blogs. Before I begin writing, is there a reason for that or is it mostly just personal preference?

Thanks again for thinking this up and sharing!

EDIT: Spell check is a good thing. :oops:
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    edited June 2010
    Great updates everyone.... And a great openhearted welcome to all the new ones....

After an half our of playing yesterday my game finally gave me an hint of what Roselias Mother knew about Buck Broke.
    But as im much longer in my game than in my writing you all have to wait some time.
  • Options
    StyxLadyStyxLady Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited June 2010
    Getting so many new people lately - so exciting! Can't wait to read all the new stories. :)
  • Options
    KittyKat6369KittyKat6369 Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited June 2010
    Time for an update!
    4. You and Me, could it be
  • Options
    TerraCooperTerraCooper Posts: 2,300 New Member
    edited June 2010
    New chapter to DFAM ^^

Chapter 2-10: http://secondfiorelegacy.wordpress.com/2010/06/18/chapter-2-10/

A warning: Stuff starts getting sci-fi next time, guys... :twisted:
  • Options
    ApriliseAprilise Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ok I don't want to have to use watermelon...but this is getting ridiculous.

Farmer Family now consists of:

Joseph and Ruby Farmer (aka Mom and Dad)
    Elijah and Joey (toddler twins)
    Daniel (Toddler, looks like a good mix of his parents)

and introducing....

Matthew Farmer
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Time for an update!
    4. You and Me, could it be

Great update! I'll be interested to find out why Josie lives in that big place with no landscaping if she loves the outdoors so much.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aprilise wrote:
    Ok I don't want to have to use watermelon...but this is getting ridiculous.

Farmer Family now consists of:

Joseph and Ruby Farmer (aka Mom and Dad)
    Elijah and Joey (toddler twins)
    Daniel (Toddler, looks like a good mix of his parents)

and introducing....

Matthew Farmer

I gotta say, I love the names you're using! I hope Joseph and Ruby get a girl next time!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    /me sighs

It's a curse I swear...

The Farmer's had another set of twins

Zachary and Caleb Farmer have joined the family, joining their brothers Joey, Elijah, Daniel and Matthew...maybe Joshua will have to find that woman who loves the outdoors, and Ruby may have to start fulfilling her lifetime wish of being a heartbraker...They won't be able to have any more children together, both Ruby and Joseph are adults, Ruby will turn elder 2 days after Joey and Elijah are teens.

I could cheat I guess, try a restart and hope, but that doesn't seem right.

What do ya'll think?

• Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited June 2010
    simscape wrote:
    TheUsernameFound, I absolutely love your challenge! I'm still going through the rules, but I appreciate how much thought you have put into this. This sounds like the perfect way to experience many of the things the game has to offer while still feeling like there is a purpose to what you're doing.

I plan on starting this soon and would love to share my progress as a story. I know this site has a story writing feature, but it seems like a lot of people use blogs. Before I begin writing, is there a reason for that or is it mostly just personal preference?

Thanks again for thinking this up and sharing!

EDIT: Spell check is a good thing. :oops:

Thank you and thank you for taking the time to read and even start this challenge. It means a lot to me.

I think there are now about twenty or more people taking this challenge now. Yay!

The reason many of us use blogs, I believe is because this site here has a very limited amount of space for pictures and I know thesims3 site has culling which cuts out and removes things that haven't been viewed or liked much. Not to mention the launcher doesn't always work. Thus why I transferred over to Wordpress. You have 1GB of space. It is pretty user-friendly too. But whichever you chose, is really up to you.

@everyone- I am just checking in quick.

@Aprilise- There is always adopting!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yep probably adoption later in life...

Restarting ended up with the *exact* same result (5 times) including game chosen traits.

So the Farmer Family Generation 1 is Joseph and Ruby Farmer and their sons, Joey, Elijah and Daniel (who are children), Matthew (who's a toddler), Caleb and Zachary (who are infants).

The farm is struggling with so many kids (since Joseph had to stop for a bit to help raise the boys and Ruby has a permanent stir crazy moodlet. Joseph broke down to his wife's wishes and hired a maid, Ruby just couldn't handle all the children and the house.
  • Options
    YetiTazYetiTaz Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Billy Bob Buckwheat meets ???

Found out in Day 2 of the Billy Bob Buckwheat Legacy.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=224741
  • Options
    MissGeminiMissGemini Posts: 1,678 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi everyone! Great updates btw.
    I hope to have a few chapters out today. I would have gotten them out sooner but RL has been busy.
    Anyway, I'll let you guys know if I get any chapters out today :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    YetiTaz wrote:
    Billy Bob Buckwheat meets ???

Found out in Day 2 of the Billy Bob Buckwheat Legacy.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=224741

Zelda Mae does sound like a perfect farm girl name! lol..they'll make purty lil' babies together.
  • Options
    icrawbeansicrawbeans Posts: 201 New Member
    edited June 2010
    :lol:I finally had time to sit down and read! Those who I was able to get to I added to my blogroll--hope you don't mind!

Styx: I'm glad your game got worked out--I love the story! Porter has been my favorite so far but we'll see what the future holds huh :wink:

Yeti--love the dialect. I always enjoy a story where I can really hear the character when I am reading.

User--I played a ghost baby once till childhood and then I lost my game. I'm glad your ghost baby is having ghost babies!

X80--I have only read up to generation 4 but Jack Winter looks like she is going to be giving the town a run for their money....

Terra--you have been bookmarked but I haven't gotten a chance. You are next on my list.

Manga--I love the green hair--will it be a family trait? I also would like to know what is going on with the Broke family.

Did I miss anyone? Let me know--I love reading these stories. They keep me entertained through the unemployment summer :!:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    @YetiTaz: Love your new update. Zelda's so cute ^^ I hope things work out between her and Billy Bob!

@icrawbeans: Whenever you get around to reading it ^^ I know I've got a lot to get through xD
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    icrawbeans wrote:
    Styx: I'm glad your game got worked out--I love the story! Porter has been my favorite so far but we'll see what the future holds huh :wink:

Thanks! Porter has been my favorite so far, too. He really is a sweetie.

I don't think I'll have an update today, since I had to replay so much gametime...I'm working on getting enough new pictures for an update. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Farmer Family Update:

I think I've decided that Daniel Farmer will be the Generation 2 Business sim. It was going to be the girl in the family but since it seems they can't *have* a girl (grumble) I guess he'll work. He's sort of a middle child. Poor kid at the moment can't get any sleep, since he shares a room with a toddler and twin infants, spends most of his time sleeping on the couch. I did try to squeeze him into the room with Elijah and Joey but there just isn't room for 3 beds. (I so so so wish they'd give us bunkbeds...). Since there is a little break Ruby's been teaching Matthew his toddler skills (Matthew has dad's hair color btw...Daniel so far is the only one who *hasn't* gotten either mom or dad's haircolor, though he does have a sorta mix.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aprilise wrote:
    Farmer Family Update:

I think I've decided that Daniel Farmer will be the Generation 2 Business sim. It was going to be the girl in the family but since it seems they can't *have* a girl (grumble) I guess he'll work. He's sort of a middle child. Poor kid at the moment can't get any sleep, since he shares a room with a toddler and twin infants, spends most of his time sleeping on the couch. I did try to squeeze him into the room with Elijah and Joey but there just isn't room for 3 beds. (I so so so wish they'd give us bunkbeds...). Since there is a little break Ruby's been teaching Matthew his toddler skills (Matthew has dad's hair color btw...Daniel so far is the only one who *hasn't* gotten either mom or dad's haircolor, though he does have a sorta mix.

I was going to say Daniel or Matthew sounds like the best names for a business sim. ;) We'd love to see some pictures if you ever get a chance! I wasn't aware haircolors could mix now! I found out skin can vary, but I didn't know about hair. How cool!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm working on the picture thing and getting this up properly. I even got a blog to put it on...just need to figure out *how*. :P

A mix is the only way I think he could have even *gotten* this hair color, Joseph has bright yellow hair, Ruby has red hair. so far Elijah and Matthew have gotten this bright yellow hair, Joey got the red, and Daniel apparently has a sorta muddy blondish brown, as if they took Ruby's hair, dulled it and darkened it then added just a pinch of blond. I really need pictures cause it's hard to explain, more to come when Zachary and Caleb become toddlers.
  • Options
    Simslover1344Simslover1344 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2010
    icrawbeans wrote:
    Editor's note: Tilling the Soil introduces the reader to the Barren girls. Charlie was my mother in the WYD challenge and I loved her! Baselle was her second born. I failed the challenge, althoug it too is fun to read. If you are interested, you can find it here: http://heartbreakerbabymaker.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-in-town.html

This may be a dumb question, but what is the WYD Challenge? I've never heard of it before...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Zachary and Caleb just turned into toddlers...they look identical, the same hair color as Daniel, but they have Joseph's eye color, while Daniel has Ruby's eye color. Really feel sorry for Daniel and need to figure out how to build a second bathroom...5 people and 1 bathroom isn't working well...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ...I'm really starting to hate that everyone in Twinbrook is ugly. Even Justin, who IMO has some of the town's better genes, produces fairly unattractive kids >.> The third gen may be switching towns again, especially since I kind of want to abandon the glitchy family-tree-split between Alanna and Spencer that means that there are two Fiore families in town that are completely unrelated.