Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Differences in the Family Tree (Sims3 Legacy Challenge) Come Try It! (Updated to Island Paradise)

Comments

• Options
    ApriliseAprilise Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2010
    Well I tried to put a bit up...unfortunately the screenshots didn't seem to upload to my sim site to put them in story form...bah
  • Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Aprilise wrote:
    Well I tried to put a bit up...unfortunately the screenshots didn't seem to upload to my sim site to put them in story form...bah

Ah... Hope it works soon for you. Not sure how to help...

@icrawbeans - I'm off to read your story. And I'm not sure how to help with blogspot though I know people do have trouble with the site. (Wordpress is a bit more userfriendly thankfully) And I wish I could help.
  • Options
    x80proofx80proof Posts: 420 Member
    edited June 2010
    Nevermind...I am changing my blogs name to
    Growing away from the family tree since I like that title and I am not doing Maylin's anymore.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TerraCooperTerraCooper Posts: 2,300 New Member
    edited June 2010
    YetiTaz, I love your first chapter! "Tomaters..." lol. Your founder is so cool, and I hope he does find a girl who Loves the Outdoors. ^^
  • Options
    YetiTazYetiTaz Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2010
    YetiTaz, I love your first chapter! "Tomaters..." lol. Your founder is so cool, and I hope he does find a girl who Loves the Outdoors. ^^

Why, thank ye kindly, ma'am. I do so reckon them there tomaters will have had enough of the Buckwheats after Billy Bob is done with them. Them Killer Tomaters never should have Attacked the Buckwheat Family!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    'blinks slowly'

I am playing my game (before I have to go home) and... O.o" Blueberry wants another kid. Is he nuts?!
  • Options
    MeshiNinaMeshiNina Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I started this challenge a few days ago, but I had to delete all of my saved games and CC because of a technical problem. Now that everything is fixed, I'm going to be starting again.

My founder will be Bobby Joe Jenkins (a girl!).

I'm looking up some good CC for her right now, and I will have the first chapter up tonight probably.

^_^
  • Options
    StyxLadyStyxLady Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited June 2010
    My update for the day! It's a little short this time.
    Chapter 3.6 My Three Sons
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    MeshiNina wrote:
    I started this challenge a few days ago, but I had to delete all of my saved games and CC because of a technical problem. Now that everything is fixed, I'm going to be starting again.

My founder will be Bobby Joe Jenkins (a girl!).

I'm looking up some good CC for her right now, and I will have the first chapter up tonight probably.

^_^

Can't wait to read about Bobby Joe!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I can't wait to read about her either. I know a Bobby who is a girl. Laughs.

>> For those voting, Ambrosia is a ghost baby who in CAS is blue. O,o" Best of both.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I can't wait to read about her either. I know a Bobby who is a girl. Laughs.

>> For those voting, Ambrosia is a ghost baby who in CAS is blue. O,o" Best of both.

Edit: Also Poppy looks very pretty. I will be adding them to the exchange. Such a cute bunch of kids. Poor Colten's nose though isn't really there...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I will try again later to post. Joseph finally got married, just a few days before his birthday to Ruby Broke (it was *on* her birthday). Not the best match for him, but he was running out of time and options.

Ruby is an adult.
    Traits: Flirty, Great Kisser, Good, Party Animal, Easily Impressed
    Likes Electronica, pancakes, and yellow

I think Joseph is in trouble cause she's a heartbreaker...this does not bode well...

(I am still trying to figure out how to post but will work on it later)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It funny I originally wanted Jack Winter to be a wild child but then she got accidentally pregnant(Yes it was an accident...they were in bed and I clicked try for baby by mistake paused canceled it and clicked woo hoo,but they didn't listen to me and made a baby)so she straighten up, but now I am playing Story a bit wild
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Question, Do we have to keep the same last name throughout the challenge? or if we have a female heir can she take her husband's last name?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    @Aprilise I have a different
    last name every generation.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    OMG! So after I posted my update today, I tried going back to a really old save, and was actually able to overcome the problem I was having. It's when Puck was a child and Finn was a toddler, and Will wasn't born yet, but at least I get to keep on with all the back genetics and rewards I've earned. I had to go and change my latest chapter, because the Will that was born in this new game looks completely different from the old Will...
  • Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited June 2010
    @The new people- welcome to the challange!

@Yetitaz - I love the way you tell your story! Are you going to change the way they speak every generation?

@MeshiNina- I love the name Bobby for a girl, I had a baby sitter all growing up with the name so i'm quite fond of it.

@TUF- loved your latest really glad you named the ghost baby Ambrosia mwahahah! I had to vote for her of course! And the fact that her skin would be blue makes her that much better =D

@Styx- O how I love Ray! Those silly Evil sims trying to undermind Charities. And btw love the name Will! It's one of the best, and great for a generation four heir! And i'm way happy you got your genetics back!

• Options
    YetiTazYetiTaz Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2010
    afkthenad wrote:
    @The new people- welcome to the challange!

@Yetitaz - I love the way you tell your story! Are you going to change the way they speak every generation?

Most definitely. In fact, I already envision Generation 2 detesting the way Billy Bob talks. Be interesting to see if Gen 2 really can become enemies with Gen 1.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Joseph and Ruby Farmer would like to announce the birth of their twin sons Elijah and Joey. Joey is Disciplined and Perceptive, and Elijah Loves the Outdoors and is Easily Impressed. Ruby is pregnant again hopefully with a girl.

Joseph has met all the main objectives for Generation 1 except the have a boy *and* a girl, and he's halfway on that one. I'm going to work on the optional objectives while the kids grow up with the exception of the marry a sim with a green thumb or loves the outdoors trait as I hate to break up families...though if I fulfill Ruby's lifetime wish who knows what could happen.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aprilise wrote:
    Joseph and Ruby Farmer would like to announce the birth of their twin sons Elijah and Joey. Joey is Disciplined and Perceptive, and Elijah Loves the Outdoors and is Easily Impressed. Ruby is pregnant again hopefully with a girl.

Joseph has met all the main objectives for Generation 1 except the have a boy *and* a girl, and he's halfway on that one. I'm going to work on the optional objectives while the kids grow up with the exception of the marry a sim with a green thumb or loves the outdoors trait as I hate to break up families...though if I fulfill Ruby's lifetime wish who knows what could happen.

Wow, twins right off the bat! Did you have the fertility treatment reward, or were they natural? Love their names.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    no fertility reward for that pregnancy, however Ruby did listen to kids music and read both pregnancy books which I think helps.
  • Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ergh!!!! I hate Sunset Valley. For several reasons: one it's super slow to load, two it's ugly, three the sims are ugly!, four it bores me.

So! I decided to move the Flamels, but i'm not sure of which Town to download them and plop them into, any suggestions would be greatly welcomed! A pretty but simple and fun neighborhood would be cool :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    afkthenad wrote:
    Ergh!!!! I hate Sunset Valley. For several reasons: one it's super slow to load, two it's ugly, three the sims are ugly!, four it bores me.

So! I decided to move the Flamels, but i'm not sure of which Town to download them and plop them into, any suggestions would be greatly welcomed! A pretty but simple and fun neighborhood would be cool :)
    Zephyr Hill. It is so pretty. Though there aren't any lots but meh. Just means you can have your own that you like rather then not.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Farmer Family Update:

Elijah and Joey are now toddlers! Elijah a carbon copy of Joseph, Joey a carbon copy of Ruby.

And announcing the birth of Daniel Farmer! Ok so not a girl...but bah...will keep trying, Joseph and Ruby aren't getting any younger. Daniel is brave and athletic by the way.