Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidler's Epic Building Challenge (Due Date:03/15/11)

Comments

• Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Spectrefiend, I've downloaded it and will add it to my page... assuming I have room (I don't know if they still have account limits).

EDIT:

Here is the link. Do you have a covershot for this? I can add it to the file and re-upload if you want. I suggest having a covershot, especially with your name, so that people know who the original artist is :)

[re-edit: waiting for exchange to purge the old lot, before I can upload the new one with covershot]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SpectrefiendSpectrefiend Posts: 129 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Sweet, than you very much Gar, I really appreciate that. No, I do not have a covershot unfortunately, don't really know how to do all that stuff, I had tried previously when Zinda's program thingy originally came out but simply gave up as no matter what happened, I was never able to upload anything lol..

Thanks again mate,

-Spec :wink:
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited April 2010
    Congrats Guys!
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sweet, than you very much Gar, I really appreciate that. No, I do not have a covershot unfortunately, don't really know how to do all that stuff, I had tried previously when Zinda's program thingy originally came out but simply gave up as no matter what happened, I was never able to upload anything lol..

Thanks again mate,

No worries... I'll whip one up quickly for 'ya :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    tristarin and spectrefiend,

please let me know how you wish me to send you the medals. If you sign up to Builder's Boulevard (free), I can send them via PM, otherwise please provide an email :)

All other medals have been sent :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am on Builders Boulevard, cheers man.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am on Builders Boulevard, cheers man.
    As what username? I don't see a spectrefiend anywhere...

And yes, I'm still waiting for the exchange to delete the old lot before I can upload again... There are things about this site that are really starting to bug me...
  • Options
    tristarintristarin Posts: 650 Member
    edited April 2010
    Great job everyone! Garbuckle you can send my medal through Builders Boulevard. I thought everyone put a lot of work, creativity and effort into the builds. :)
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey Everyone!

I just thought I'd explain a little about how the judges and I determine the winners.

The judges have a point system. Each lot is judged by architecture, landscaping, interior design, etc and given a score of 1 to 10. This last challenge was a little different as it's main focus was landscaping. The judges then add their scores up. Those scores are then turned over to me. All I do at that point is add all the scores for each entrant to determine the winners. I also in turn post those scores to the judges so that they can check for any mistakes.

I have nothing to do with determining the winner. If there was a tie, which hasn't happened yet, then all the judges would vote. Only if there was then a tie in their vote would I be the tie breaker.

I then play test the winners. If any of the winners fail the play test, or I determine that they broke rules like used cc for example or didn't have something in their build which was required, I will then have at least one of the judges confirm that for me. Also if there's a problem in play testing I will have at least one of the judges confirm that. I will always try and contact the builder who I disqualified to inform them of the problem by P.M.

I wanted to explain this to all of you to let you know that deciding the winners in my challenges are always above board and as fair and without any favoritism as can be. So if you win, it's simply because you deserve to win.

Also, we can thank ruthless_kk for the scoring system as she's the one who created it. It has been used for every single challenge since the first one.

Thanks,
    fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited April 2010
    Grats to all the winners :)

And thanks Fidlerton for making me actually attempt some extensive landscaping for once ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    all medals have now been sent out.

And sorry spectrefiend, I'm still trying to upload the lot, but it keeps saying the lot already exists on the exchange (even though I did remove the one without the covershot from my page). If it still doesn't work by tonight, I make have to rename it slightly so it will take :)
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Congrats to all the winners and all the entrants too, I saw some stunning work on this challenge, keep up the great work all :)!

*p.s. now I realise why I can't rec Spectre's lot but I'll keep an eye out for it again :) very kind of you to help Garbuckle!*
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Congratulations to all the winners!! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes, Garbuckle is awesome, someone now has a man-crush on him... joking! ...or am I !?

Can't wait to see the new Challenges entries, shall tape my jaw shut, I'm sure I will need to hehe

BTW, one day, I am going to learn how to build houses, so, look out!!

• Options
    dinkydinky Posts: 233 Member
    edited April 2010
    Ok this challenge kind of scares me....still time to enter? If so I would like to give it a try. I guess I am amateur.

Dinky
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes, Garbuckle is awesome, someone now has a man-crush on him... joking! ...or am I !?

Can't wait to see the new Challenges entries, shall tape my jaw shut, I'm sure I will need to hehe

BTW, one day, I am going to learn how to build houses, so, look out!!

Easy there fella... :D lol

OK, I had enough waiting for the EA site to properly delete the old file, so I've loaded it into my game and renamed it... then added a covershot and re-uploaded... then after finding that the covershot wound up on the second image instead of the first, went back and renamed it version 2, applied the covershot to all images, and uploaded a final time.

So, in all it's glory, here is the Spectrefiend National Park v2 :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2301651
  • Options
    ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited April 2010
    Fid,

I think I'll try my hand at the Victorian challenge. I see I have some stiff competition. It will be fun regardless :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks again Gar, can't believe you went through all that trouble, really.. above and beyond. I greatly appreciate it.

• Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I just wanted to take a few seconds to congradulate all of the winners in the Park Challenge. I really enjoyed being able to take a walk through everyone's beautiful entries and see all of the landscaping talent that is out there. I was amazed at how wonderfully done these parks were! So many pretty and creative parks! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dinky wrote:
    Ok this challenge kind of scares me....still time to enter? If so I would like to give it a try. I guess I am amateur.

Dinky

Hi dinky,

You've got plenty of time for this challenge; it just begun. Also, no reason to be scared.

I've got you down as Entrant 11.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ricslady99 wrote:
    Fid,

I think I'll try my hand at the Victorian challenge. I see I have some stiff competition. It will be fun regardless :D

Hey ricslady,

Great! I've got you down as ProEntrant 7.

fidlerten
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2010
    Should I post my entry for the Old time Victorian Challenge now? Yeah why not, here we go

The Vicarage

The original, which is in a place called Rampisham - still stands and is lovely.

a9vfk.jpg

My version, got the chimnies higher!

Front
    24azd3r.jpg

A Cross for the Vicarage
    2dtvprp.jpg

Conservatory
    11ccs61.jpg

Kitchen (the fridge is in the pantry!
    2it0pkn.jpg

Schoolroom (the blackboard is a plasma screen tv!)
    2a9o55h.jpg

Slide Show
    http://www.slide.com/r/PyctJo6s6j_2l9ByyFwJtUeBplbtWvuj?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

4shared link:-
    http://www.4shared.com/file/SSc-AJOY/The_Vicarage_by_Smokytopaz.html

ea link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2302927
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey smoky,

I've got your entry down.

fidlerten
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2010
    I may have to go back and read the rules, but can I enter another one?

I read the rules. :( oh. only one. :(
  • Options
    KiaraneKiarane Posts: 45 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Heya!

I'd really like to enter this challenge, so sign me up as amateur!
    Only things is, the theme is not on the first page, can you link it up there so we have easy access to our guidelines?
    Also, is buydebug objects fair game?

Thks!

Kia xxx